Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

- HG2 Deck Masters -

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:03 am

First topic message reminder :

I said I'd be posting this on Tuesday, but hey, better sooner than later, right?

Hey everyone, Pride here.  This topic is in regards towards the a Duelist's Deck Master in the Hunger Games 2.0 RPG event.

As you all are aware by now, in the games now, you're permitted to select any monster card as your deck master.  This could be a Normal Monster, an Effect Monster, a Fusion Monster, a Ritual Monster, a Syncrho Monster, or an XYZ Monster.

Deck Master will operate as the following:

1.  You're permitted to select an effect for your deck master that may be applied ONCE during a duel.  EX:  Kuriboh's Ability in the anime was once Yugi took no damage the entire turn.

2.  You're permitted to summon your deck monster on to the field at any time.  Once summoned, your deck master will have no effect, only its' attack and defense points.  However, if your master is destroyed, you'll automatically lose the game.  In rules to this, there are some circumstances that I have found to be acceptations to this rule.  I will post these acceptations below:

- If your master is set facedown on the field EX:  Book of Moon.  Nothing really happens.  It's just facedown.

- If your master is destroyed and sent to the graveyard and BEFORE the end of your turn you can bring it back?  You're not dead.  EX:  Kuriboh is destroyed by Dark Hole, however I use a Call of the Haunted card before the End-Phase and I don't lose.

- If your master is banished and the effect of the card states that it will be brought back under certain circumstances, then you will not lose.  EX:  Future Visions, the monster will be brought back next turn, you don't lose.  However a card like Macro Cosmos, you will lose.

- If your master is somehow said to return to the hand/extra deck, then it will just go back to its', "Summon whenever rule".  However you will NOT be permitted to activate its effect again.

3.  Regarding which effect your master will have will happen below and now.   The people of this topic will decide if an effect is too overpowered or suggest some effects more reasonable.   We'll use two cards as examples.
- Kuriboh:  Because of its low attack points, its effect should be allowed to be better.  EX:  The no damage one turn.
- Blue Eyes White Dragon:  Because of its high attack points, its effect will be much worse.  EX:  All monsters you control gain 100 ATK.

So as you can see, if a monster has lower attack points, then its effect will be better.  If a monster has higher attack points, then its effect will be worse.

4.  Your deck master's effect is supposed to mirror its original effect in some manner.  EX:  Kuriboh's effect involves battle damage just like its original effect.  It doesn't do something random like increase attack points or something.

5.  Your master will be following you around in the RPG, but it will only be seen by you.  So also take that into consideration.  (Story/Plot/Etc..)

O - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - O

This covers most of the basics.  If anyone has ANY questions at all, feel free to post them below.

Last edited by Pride on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:31 pm

Killmatronix wrote:
yes i know. i was talking about droite's DM like i said.
o.O It's the same exact principle... No. XD
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:32 pm

so why did you approve it?
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:35 pm

Killmatronix wrote:
so why did you approve it?
Because as long as she doesn't select deck masters, she's fine.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:37 pm

aight.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 8:36 pm

I may change my mind before the duel begins... and... suggestions are VERY much welcome.

But... I suppose for now I choose my deck master as...! (remember I'm using junk quasar)

StarDust Dragon.

Original Effect: During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that would destroy a card(s) on the field: You can Tribute this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and was not negated): You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

Desired Effect: I honestly have no idea. Not really used to this deck master thing. XD

Also, if anyone would recommend a better deck master for this particular deck. Pretty standard really. All synchros, alof of junk synchros like archer and gardna. I just chose stardust because I felt like I wouldn't really NEED to summon him. I could use his effect, but keep him on the side lines ya know? Anyway yea, help appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 9:04 pm

Ventriloquist wrote:
I may change my mind before the duel begins... and... suggestions are VERY much welcome.

But... I suppose for now I choose my deck master as...! (remember I'm using junk quasar)

StarDust Dragon.

Original Effect: During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that would destroy a card(s) on the field: You can Tribute this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and was not negated): You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

Desired Effect: I honestly have no idea. Not really used to this deck master thing. XD

Also, if anyone would recommend a better deck master for this particular deck. Pretty standard really. All synchros, alof of junk synchros like archer and gardna. I just chose stardust because I felt like I wouldn't really NEED to summon him. I could use his effect, but keep him on the side lines ya know? Anyway yea, help appreciated.
i would recommend level eater or quickdraw synchron. there low atks mean they could have great effects
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 9:12 pm

I would suggest level eater, maybe increase or decrease a level of any card you control once per turn.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Remember, the effects can only be used once per duel. Level Eater's effect could be "increase/decrease the level of one monster on the field. This effect can be activated during either player's turn." As far as Quickdraw Synchron, I think an appropriate effect could be "Discard 1, then special summon one synchron monster from your deck." That's just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:41 pm

I thought the "Weaker" effects can be used more than once. Of course cards that nuke the entire field should be once per duel but increasing on level should be allowed once per turn, Kinda like they allowed attack increases once per turn in the anime since it was a weak effect.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Here it's always once per duel regardless of attack. However, it's not a bad thing. Once per duel may be all you need for a weak monster to throw out it's good effect and win you game.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Fair enough, I just thought it could be once per turn too.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:01 pm

Hmmm I do like the idea of lvl eater being a deck master actually. GREAT suggestion guys. The quickdraw one is good too.

Ight, let me have some time to think on it and i'll prolly pick between one of those 2. Thank you guys SO much for the suggestions, lol had a bit of writers block there. Lol.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue84/84- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:12 am

Ventriloquist wrote:
remember I'm using junk quasar
THIS. This is the kind of thing I wanted people to avoid this time around. Decks that are overly powerful.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:12 am

Junk Quasar isn't that bad. Yea if you get Quasar out you're more or less done for but if you can stop the initial synchro process in any way, you're more than likely fine
Back to top Go down

Exraven

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:25 am

dude. my deck masters new effect is he shoots lasers from his ears and his ultimate is called "DR OCTAGONAPUS BLEAGHHHHH" Which destroys all my enemies cards and do 7999 lp
Back to top Go down

Exraven

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:29 am

does*
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:31 am

Junk quasar is not over powered and idk why people say it is. Compulse + bottomless = Banish quasar Neutral That easy. And with the new larger back rows in general its no easy task to summon him.

Yes, quasar is powerful. But I only run one. I DONT run lavals, Im using junk.... so... yea no one turns for me unless I get an absurdly lucky hand.

If its an unacceptable deck I'll use another deck I'm fine with that. But to be honest my deck is more centered around utilizing all the junk monster (with the exceptions being like Nitro Synchron and the Turbo one.) But I use Gardna and Archer which a lot of people don't. Tbh, of course if I summon quasar I usually win but most of the time my wins come from like a powered up Junk Warrior or something like that. Just saying, and no hate intended. Just wanted to clarify that while Junk decks CAN be annoying. They are generally considered a "Fun" deck. Plus, you can check tier listing and you won't find them ANYWHERE lol.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:47 am

I honestly think it's a cool idea to use junk sychnros. If everybody else won't face em I surely will for the fun of it lol. If you summon Quasar I just better hope I have Solemn Warning ;-;
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:07 am

xD

I can give you a tip on facing Junks. Just watch my grave. Basically, one really good mill like dandylion or level eater and you can more or less guarantee I'm going to make a play within the next turn.

So just watch the grave in order to know when to set yourself up, or ruin my grave somehow. Not to say I can't make plays without the grave, but that's a huge flaw of the deck is that it relies on grave set up.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 10:22 am

or run x3 soul release in side vs you because why the fuck not. banish all da level eaters :O
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 4:16 pm

I believe Pride said that there is no siding in this tournament ;-; So pretty much pack your A-game for everything
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 5:03 am

Yes, just like the last hunger games, the games will be played in match, and you will be unable to side.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:33 am

Deck Master:
Quickdraw Synchron

Original Effect:
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by sending 1 monster from your hand to the Graveyard. For a Synchro Summon, you can substitute this card for any 1 "Synchron" Tuner monster. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a monster that lists a "Synchron" monster as a Tuner.

Desired Effect:
Once Per Duel; you may activate one of the following effects:
Discard one card from you hand to the graveyard, and special summon one "Synchron" monster from your hand or deck.

Last edited by Ventriloquist on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:55 am

Yeah, I would only allow the first effect.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 10:12 am

Fair enough. Updated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

- HG2 Deck Masters -

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next