Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

- HG2 Deck Masters -

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - Left_bar_bleue0/0- HG2 Deck Masters - Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
- HG2 Deck Masters - Empty
PostSubject: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:03 am

I said I'd be posting this on Tuesday, but hey, better sooner than later, right?

Hey everyone, Pride here.  This topic is in regards towards the a Duelist's Deck Master in the Hunger Games 2.0 RPG event.

As you all are aware by now, in the games now, you're permitted to select any monster card as your deck master.  This could be a Normal Monster, an Effect Monster, a Fusion Monster, a Ritual Monster, a Syncrho Monster, or an XYZ Monster.

Deck Master will operate as the following:

1.  You're permitted to select an effect for your deck master that may be applied ONCE during a duel.  EX:  Kuriboh's Ability in the anime was once Yugi took no damage the entire turn.

2.  You're permitted to summon your deck monster on to the field at any time.  Once summoned, your deck master will have no effect, only its' attack and defense points.  However, if your master is destroyed, you'll automatically lose the game.  In rules to this, there are some circumstances that I have found to be acceptations to this rule.  I will post these acceptations below:

- If your master is set facedown on the field EX:  Book of Moon.  Nothing really happens.  It's just facedown.

- If your master is destroyed and sent to the graveyard and BEFORE the end of your turn you can bring it back?  You're not dead.  EX:  Kuriboh is destroyed by Dark Hole, however I use a Call of the Haunted card before the End-Phase and I don't lose.

- If your master is banished and the effect of the card states that it will be brought back under certain circumstances, then you will not lose.  EX:  Future Visions, the monster will be brought back next turn, you don't lose.  However a card like Macro Cosmos, you will lose.

- If your master is somehow said to return to the hand/extra deck, then it will just go back to its', "Summon whenever rule".  However you will NOT be permitted to activate its effect again.

3.  Regarding which effect your master will have will happen below and now.   The people of this topic will decide if an effect is too overpowered or suggest some effects more reasonable.   We'll use two cards as examples.
- Kuriboh:  Because of its low attack points, its effect should be allowed to be better.  EX:  The no damage one turn.
- Blue Eyes White Dragon:  Because of its high attack points, its effect will be much worse.  EX:  All monsters you control gain 100 ATK.

So as you can see, if a monster has lower attack points, then its effect will be better.  If a monster has higher attack points, then its effect will be worse.

4.  Your deck master's effect is supposed to mirror its original effect in some manner.  EX:  Kuriboh's effect involves battle damage just like its original effect.  It doesn't do something random like increase attack points or something.

5.  Your master will be following you around in the RPG, but it will only be seen by you.  So also take that into consideration.  (Story/Plot/Etc..)

O - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - O

This covers most of the basics.  If anyone has ANY questions at all, feel free to post them below.

Last edited by Pride on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - Left_bar_bleue0/0- HG2 Deck Masters - Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:14 am

I'd like my master to be Jester Confit.

Enlarge this image
- HG2 Deck Masters - ANPR-009

ATK/DEF - 0 / 0

Original Effect:  You can Special Summon this card from your hand in face-up Attack Position.  If you do, return this card and 1 face-up monster your opponent controls to the hand during the End Phase of your opponents next turn.  You can only control 1 face-up "Jester Confit".

Desired Effect:  Once, you are permitted to send all monsters on both sides of the field back to their owner's hands.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - Left_bar_bleue100/100- HG2 Deck Masters - Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 11:15 am

Sounds a little overpowered but its alright I suppose..

Elemental HERO Ice Edge
- HG2 Deck Masters - LE14-JP002-ElementalHeroIceEdge
ATK/DEF - 800/900

Original Effect: When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent by a direct attack: You can target 1 Set card in your opponent's Spell & Trap Card Zone; destroy that target. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1: You can discard 1 card; this card can attack your opponent directly this turn.

Desired Effect: Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can discard 2 cards; then you are permitted to destroy 2 cards on the field.

Last edited by DarkSoul on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - Left_bar_bleue84/84- HG2 Deck Masters - Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:22 pm

I admit, Jester's effect does seem a little too much, but I think the fact it bounces both players' fields is better.

However, Ice Edge should not be allowed to just destroy FOUR cards

Deck Master for me (Victoria Biter):

Dark Magician Girl

Original Effect:
This card gains 300 ATK for every "Dark Magician" or "Magician of Black Chaos" in either players' Graveyard.

Desired Effect:
Once during your turn, you can reveal 1 card from the top of your Deck for each monster(s) in your Graveyard, then, add 1 of the revealed cards to your hand.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - Left_bar_bleue1000/1000- HG2 Deck Masters - Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:37 pm

Nottu wrote:
I admit, Jester's effect does seem a little too much, but I think the fact it bounces both players' fields is better.

However, Ice Edge should not be allowed to just destroy FOUR cards

Deck Master for me (Vincent Biter):

Dark Magician Girl

Original Effect:
This card gains 300 ATK for every "Dark Magician" or "Magician of Black Chaos" in either players' Graveyard.

Desired Effect:
Once during your turn, you can reveal 1 card from the top of your Deck for each monster(s) in your Graveyard, then, add 1 of the revealed cards to your hand.
cosindering he would have to summon ice to his field where we could easily destroy it its not that broken my deck master is orbital seven Original Effect: When this card is
flipped face-up: Place
1 You Got It Boss!
Counter on it. You
can remove all You
Got It Boss! Counters
on this card; its ATK
becomes 2000. After
you change this
card's ATK with this
effect, it cannot
attack your
opponent directly for
the rest of this turn,
and is sent to the
Graveyard during the
End Phase. You can
Tribute this card to
target 1 "Photon" or
"Galaxy" monster in
your Graveyard; add
that target to your
hand. Desired Effect: Once per duel add up to 2 "photon" or "galaxy" cards from your graveyard to your hand. Also pride you may wanna mention what happens when a deckmaster is used for a fusion , syncrho or xyz summonn
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:03 pm

In search of a good deck master, I think the desired effect I'm looking for is something along the lines of Mist Valley Shaman or Mist Condor, but there's two problems with that. I don't like Mist Valley Shaman, and frankly for the effect I want I think it may be too OP to have it for Condor. So instead i'm taking a neutral approach and my new deck master will be Mist Valley Baby Roc.

- HG2 Deck Masters - Mist_v10

Original effect: When this card is sent directly from the hand to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon it.

Desired effect: Once per duel, you can target 1 Wind monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls: return them to the hand.

As far as everybody else's cards go: I think they're all pretty balanced with the exception of Dark's. Going from destroying a set spell/trap your opponent controls to destroying 4 cards on either side of the field seems a little much. I'd say maybe cut it back to 2 if you're going to do it in the same manner. I was also about to ask but Muh beat me to it: if we were to synchro, xyz, or fusion summon with our deck masters, what would happen? Would the new monster become the new deck master but it's effects are negated like our original deck master?
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - Left_bar_bleue100/100- HG2 Deck Masters - Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm

My deck master is my trusty E-Hero Bubbleman

- HG2 Deck Masters - Elementalherobubblemandr04-en-c-ue

Original Text: If this is the only card in your hand, you can Special Summon it (from your hand). When this card is Summoned: You can draw 2 cards. You must control no other cards and have no cards in your hand to activate and to resolve this effect.

Desired Text: When this deck master is summoned to the field, draw 2 cards.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - Left_bar_bleue84/84- HG2 Deck Masters - Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:24 pm

I like Hero's effect for Bubbleman. Its essentially the same as its usual effect with out the setup required. A Pot of Greed with feet that can kill you.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Pride. Your effect is broken, as it is. It wins you games, so easily. Empty opp's field. I'd suggest you keep your own effects a bit calm, too.

Eria the Water Charmer
- HG2 Deck Masters - Water_charmer_eria_d4a5e_25525179
ATK/DEF - 500/1500

Original effect: FLIP: Target 1 face-up WATER monster your opponent controls; take control of that target while this card is face-up on the field.

Desired effect: Once per Duel, tribute 1 Water Monster; You can target one opponent's monster and take control of it. This monster is now a WATER Sea Serpent Effect Monster.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Sylveraine wrote:
Pride. Your effect is broken, as it is. It wins you games, so easily. Empty opp's field. I'd suggest you keep your own effects a bit calm, too.

Eria the Water Charmer
ATK/DEF - 500/1500

Original effect: FLIP: Target 1 face-up WATER monster your opponent controls; take control of that target while this card is face-up on the field.

Desired effect: Once per Duel, tribute 1 Water Monster; You can target one opponent's monster and take control of it. This monster is now a WATER Sea Serpent Effect Monster.
Minus the random Sea Serpent bit and it makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Nottu wrote:
Sylveraine wrote:

Eria the Water Charmer

Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize
ATK/DEF - 500/1500

The sea serpent bit is probably something to start combos. I like it, seems fair since you tribute a monster and its once per duel. My question is what would happen if you were to take somebody's deck master with this ability.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 11:35 pm

I reckon, and Pride can correct me if I'm wrong, their Deck Master is no longer under their control, causing them to lose.

Which, imo, is a stupid Rule, that when a Deck Master is destroyed, and you get it back that same turn, that you don't lose. When a Deck Master is destroyed, you should just lose. End of story.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - Left_bar_bleue1000/1000- HG2 Deck Masters - Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 11:41 pm

Sylveraine wrote:
I reckon, and Pride can correct me if I'm wrong, their Deck Master is no longer under their control, causing them to lose.

Which, imo, is a stupid Rule, that when a Deck Master is destroyed, and you get it back that same turn, that you don't lose. When a Deck Master is destroyed, you should just lose. End of story.
well looking at everyones deck master choices im pretty sure only darksoul would summon his and risk insta loss also i think the rule should be that a deck masters control cant change considiring it will follow u in the rp and wouldnt betray u
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 11:44 pm

I honestly agree with Syl and Muh on that. I don't think that just because somebody would, for example, use Mind Control on their opponents deck master means that they lose instantly. I do think though that if its destroyed, banished, or sent to the grave in a manner that is not temporary (tributing the deck master) then you should lose.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:24 am

Muh makes a good point. Changing control of a Deck Master shouldn't be allowed. As for the destruction or rather, leaving the field, temporary shouldn't cause for a loss, unless the return is prevented. Like, the Deck Master is banished by the previously mentioned Future Visions, and that card then is destroyed, before being able to return the Deck Master, or the Monster Zones are full at the time it is supposed to return the Deck Master. Then you should lose.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:40 am

Archfiend General

- HG2 Deck Masters - 300px-ArchfiendGeneral-FOTB-EN-R-1E

Original effect: You can discard this card to the Graveyard to add 1 "Pandemonium" from your Deck to your hand. If this card is on the field but "Pandemonium" is not on the field, destroy this card.

Desired effect: "Once per duel you can target 1 Archfiend monster you control (other than this card); Activate one "Pandemonium" from your deck, then, destroy that target"
Back to top Go down

Rose la Kill

Zed

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:43 am

1. Explain what happens when the DM is used for a fusion summon, XYZ or Synchro summon

2. Monsters with summoning conditions (ex. BLS or DaD) Cannot be DM's

3. Players can have several copies of a card that shares the same name of a DM, but only the pre-declared DM will hold the DM rules and custom effect ; The rest will be treated as normal cards.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:03 am

Kill, your thing seems like a little much for something with 2100 attack >.> I mean it's a cool effect with setting up an instant field spell in play then on top of it a search from the field spell's effect, but I think that for something that strong it should have a lesser effect :s Pls don't beat me (i'm almost scared to give anyone my opinion on deck master effects lol ;-; )
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:27 am

Hero wrote:
Nottu wrote:
Sylveraine wrote:

Eria the Water Charmer

Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize
ATK/DEF - 500/1500

The sea serpent bit is probably something to start combos. I like it, seems fair since you tribute a monster and its once per duel. My question is what would happen if you were to take somebody's deck master with this ability.
I agree with what is said below the, "deck masters can't be taken".  I mean, really the only card that'll make that happen is Mind Control.  So yes.  Your master cannot be taken.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:36 am

White Rose Dragon wrote:
1. Explain what happens when the DM is used for a fusion summon, XYZ or Synchro summon

2. Monsters with summoning conditions (ex. BLS or DaD) Cannot be DM's

3. Players can have several copies of a card that shares the same name of a DM, but only the pre-declared DM will hold the DM rules and custom effect ; The rest will be treated as normal cards.
Oh goodness, I knew I was forgetting something.

Alright.

1.  Regarding if you use your deck master towards a fusion, ritual, syncrho, or XYZ summon.  If you do use your deck master in a summon in this way, the result monster will become your NEW deck master.  EX:

My deck master is Big Jaws.  I overlay Big Jaws and Shark Stickers to summon Number 17: Leviathan Dragon.  Number 17 then becomes my new deck master.  When it is destroyed by battle or removed in any of the other ways, I will lose the duel.

2.  I don't really have a problem with these monsters being deck masters, however most likely they will have higher ATK, so take consideration of that effect wise.

3.  And yes, Rose is correct with technically one day you could possibly have 4 of the same monsters somehow.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:51 am

Alright, I've looked over the following effects and I'm going to give suggests and possible edits that the creators can change to make them confirmed.

Pride:  Once, you are permitted to send all monsters on both sides of the field back to their owner's hands.  -  Once, you're permitted to send equal amounts monsters on both sides of the field, back to the hand.

Dark Soul:  When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target up to 4 cards on the field and destroy them. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1: You can discard 1 card; this card can attack your opponent directly this turn.  -  Discard two cards and you are permitted to destroy two cards on the field.

Nottu:  Once during your turn, you can reveal 1 card from the top of your Deck for each monster(s) in your Graveyard, then, add 1 of the revealed cards to your hand.   -  Yours seems okay I guess.  o.o  No one's really said anything.

Superion Maximus:  Once per duel add up to 2 "photon" or "galaxy" cards from your graveyard to your hand.   -  Yours seems alright as well.

Fluff Fluff:  Once per duel, you can target 1 Wind monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls: return them to the hand. -  Very reasonable.  Good job.

Hero:  When this deck master is summoned to the field, draw 2 cards.  -  Pretty much perfect.  Proud of you..   Very Happy

C.C.:  Once per Duel, tribute 1 Water Monster; You can target one opponent's monster and take control of it. This monster is now a WATER Sea Serpent Effect Monster.  -  Very balanced, good job.

Killomatronix:  Once per duel you can target 1 Archfiend monster you control (other than this card); Activate one "Pandemonium" from your deck, then, destroy that target  -  Good job.

Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 7:18 am

I agree with you Pride. Smile
Back to top Go down

Droite

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Sorento
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:06 am

Deck Master: Number 101: Silent Honors Ark Knight

Original Effect: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card, then target 1 face-up Attack Position Special Summoned monster your opponent controls; attach it to this card as an Xyz Material. You can only use this effect of "Number 101: Silent Honors Ark Knight" once per turn. If this face-up card on the field would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead.

Desired Effect: Once per duel, if you would Xyz summon: you can target 1 monster your opponent controls and use that monster as an Xyz material (it's level becomes 4) your opponent takes no damage the turn this effecct is used.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:52 am

isn't every DM eff considered "Once per duel"? thanks anyway pride Very Happy
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:41 am

The only question now is, do we like. Banish the Deck Master, from our Deck, to show, that's our Deck Master? I think that would be handiest. Since you made a pretty good explanation now on the effects. But, we don't know where the Deck Master goes, when the game starts. Like, does it remain in your Deck [doubt it] or do you put it in a free S/T Zone, or banish it. Which one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - Empty

Back to top Go down

- HG2 Deck Masters -

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Miscellaneous Archive :: Role Play-