Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

- HG2 Deck Masters -

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 6:03 am

First topic message reminder :

I said I'd be posting this on Tuesday, but hey, better sooner than later, right?

Hey everyone, Pride here.  This topic is in regards towards the a Duelist's Deck Master in the Hunger Games 2.0 RPG event.

As you all are aware by now, in the games now, you're permitted to select any monster card as your deck master.  This could be a Normal Monster, an Effect Monster, a Fusion Monster, a Ritual Monster, a Syncrho Monster, or an XYZ Monster.

Deck Master will operate as the following:

1.  You're permitted to select an effect for your deck master that may be applied ONCE during a duel.  EX:  Kuriboh's Ability in the anime was once Yugi took no damage the entire turn.

2.  You're permitted to summon your deck monster on to the field at any time.  Once summoned, your deck master will have no effect, only its' attack and defense points.  However, if your master is destroyed, you'll automatically lose the game.  In rules to this, there are some circumstances that I have found to be acceptations to this rule.  I will post these acceptations below:

- If your master is set facedown on the field EX:  Book of Moon.  Nothing really happens.  It's just facedown.

- If your master is destroyed and sent to the graveyard and BEFORE the end of your turn you can bring it back?  You're not dead.  EX:  Kuriboh is destroyed by Dark Hole, however I use a Call of the Haunted card before the End-Phase and I don't lose.

- If your master is banished and the effect of the card states that it will be brought back under certain circumstances, then you will not lose.  EX:  Future Visions, the monster will be brought back next turn, you don't lose.  However a card like Macro Cosmos, you will lose.

- If your master is somehow said to return to the hand/extra deck, then it will just go back to its', "Summon whenever rule".  However you will NOT be permitted to activate its effect again.

3.  Regarding which effect your master will have will happen below and now.   The people of this topic will decide if an effect is too overpowered or suggest some effects more reasonable.   We'll use two cards as examples.
- Kuriboh:  Because of its low attack points, its effect should be allowed to be better.  EX:  The no damage one turn.
- Blue Eyes White Dragon:  Because of its high attack points, its effect will be much worse.  EX:  All monsters you control gain 100 ATK.

So as you can see, if a monster has lower attack points, then its effect will be better.  If a monster has higher attack points, then its effect will be worse.

4.  Your deck master's effect is supposed to mirror its original effect in some manner.  EX:  Kuriboh's effect involves battle damage just like its original effect.  It doesn't do something random like increase attack points or something.

5.  Your master will be following you around in the RPG, but it will only be seen by you.  So also take that into consideration.  (Story/Plot/Etc..)

O - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - O

This covers most of the basics.  If anyone has ANY questions at all, feel free to post them below.

Last edited by Pride on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:22 am

Gallows wrote:
Then it will be weak. Seriously. There are people that can literally make their monsters ANY level or Tuners which makes broken XYZ/Synch plays easy and spamable and you get all worked up about a Heavy Storm effect? Not only that, but it is an effect that is in the game itself.

We made it so they could only do the level effect.  But if everyone is fine with Gallow's effect, I'll allow it.  Just putting in my piece.  I was just saying it was a little OP because it's a heavy, a great ATK booster, and your monster is 2000 atk..  Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue100/100- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:27 am

Remove the ATK booster.
Or reduce it to only 200. Not 200 for each GK.
Back to top Go down

NepNep

Leona

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:37 am

I still count the set card eff broken for 2000 atk monster atleast mine had 300 atk
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue100/100- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:38 am

Your effect is way more broken. Dracossack whenever, wherever you want. Stardust whenever, wherever you want.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 1:31 am

if i could chain the set cards it would be fine with me
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue84/84- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 7:16 am

Pride: I am disappointed in you for allowing people to sign up AFTER several duels in the event have already taken place. This should NOT have been allowed in my opinion.

On the note of Gallows' Deck Master:The effect is too strong as it is currently written. You've got a 2k monster as a Deck Master, which should lessen the power of its effect. The fact you have it as Destroy all set cards and cannot be chained is way too much. Personally, the ATK boost could just be that a single Gravekeeper gains 200 x GKs in grave rather than all of them. Either way, you do need to tone down its power.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Nottu, lets have a look at your deck master, shall we?
You can reveal a unspecified number of cards, that can be immense, depending on when it is used and then choose one card and add it to your hand. What you have there, is a Pot of Greed mixed with Duality without ANY drawback. Your deck master beeing Darm Magician Girl, which is too, a 2000ATK monster. Now, tell me, what is more broken? Beeing able to basically search out a card from your deck, without any drawback or requirement or killing backrow when you have a requirement of two specific cards on board?
Before you give me shit about my Deck Master, go and look at your own. It is sad really, that people always claim others to have broken effects, while they themselfes are doing the same. Is my effect good? Yes, it is very good, but it also has a major condition that has to be met for it to be useable, unlike yours and many others that both, have no conditions that need to be met AND have no drawback.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:48 pm

gallows your deck master has the same effect of superdimensional robot galaxy destroyer and even then its more broken cause youd have to summon it and then it could still be negated by monsters having necrovalley and a gravekeeper is what gravekeepers have at all times so stop acting like its a cost and ur real effect dosnt even destroy backrow only set monsters not to mention when somone says how broken it is you just begin to rage or ignore them weaken the effect man
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:25 pm

Simply put: No.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:33 pm

well good thing its up to pride then
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Exactly. It was always up to Pride, so all your raging against my oh so broken Deck Master, which isn't even as broken as other people's ones, is completly and utterly unecessary and useless. Shush and let the one responsible handle this, easy as that.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:55 pm

rule number 3 were supposed to give oppinions it makes prides job easier
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue84/84- HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Gallows wrote:
Nottu, lets have a look at your deck master, shall we?
You can reveal a unspecified number of cards, that can be immense, depending on when it is used and then choose one card and add it to your hand. What you have there, is a Pot of Greed mixed with Duality without ANY drawback. Your deck master beeing Darm Magician Girl, which is too, a 2000ATK monster. Now, tell me, what is more broken? Beeing able to basically search out a card from your deck, without any drawback or requirement or killing backrow when you have a requirement of two specific cards on board?
Before you give me shit about my Deck Master, go and look at your own. It is sad really, that people always claim others to have broken effects, while they themselfes are doing the same. Is my effect good? Yes, it is very good, but it also has a major condition that has to be met for it to be useable, unlike yours and many others that both, have no conditions that need to be met AND have no drawback.
No one reads fine print, do they? I specifically made it to where Dark Magician Girl has to be summoned for the effect to work, regardless what the Deck Master Rule says. Why? Because I'm sensible and wanted a good effect that also had a cost to it. In this case, exposing the Deck Master, leaving myself open for defeat.

Superion Maximus wrote:
rule number 3 were supposed to give oppinions it makes prides job easier
Exactly. So let's not get overly defensive when criticism is being given when the guy in charge specifically asked everyone to do so.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 7:16 pm

If beeing summoned allows for broken effects, fine.

Gravekeeper's Oracle
Once per duel, when this card is summoned and you control a face-up Necro Valley, you can destroy all set cards your opponent controls. The set Spells and Traps cannot be activated in response to this card's summon or effect.

Last edited by Gallows on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 7:28 pm

oracles original effect dosnt have The set Spells and Traps cannot be
activated in response to this effect. I would be fine with it if it wasnt for this part
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 7:31 pm

That is the change I made to it. It would be ridicolously stupid, to make it on summon, without having SOME kind of security in form of the Night Beam effect.
Back to top Go down

Exraven

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 7:56 pm

Nope. Don't like it. Nerf it. Can't duel until pride says your deckmaster eff is ok. kthnx.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 7:57 pm

You don't have to like it. Smile
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 7:58 pm

well okay i can agree to that i like it this effect is good
Back to top Go down

Exraven

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 8:04 pm

not for a monster with that atk damage.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 8:29 pm

For not being able to use the effect until he summons it, I think it's decent. You could more than easily trample it once it's on the field even if it does act as a Heavy Storm/Night Beam.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 11:29 pm

Gallows
Quote :
If beeing summoned allows for broken effects, fine.

Gravekeeper's Oracle
Once per duel, when this card is summoned and you control a face-up Necro Valley, you can destroy all set cards your opponent controls. The set Spells and Traps cannot be activated in response to this card's summon or effect.

Ight.  It's perfect.  Okay.  Good job.  let me clarify a few things.

Quote :
Nottu  Pride: I am disappointed in you for allowing people to sign up AFTER several duels in the event have already taken place. This should NOT have been allowed in my opinion.

Nottu, I made it very clear that participants were allowed to do this.  I did this because I was worried not enough people would sign up and everyone wanted to start now, now, now.  Remember that conversation?  I did this the last Hunger Games too.

If anyone doesn't like Gallow's monster effect, get over it for now.  It states it has to be summoned, so as long as you can get it off the field, it's a instant-win.

I really didn't mean for this to be dictatorship, but because people are complaining of others opinions and others opinions aren't the nicest, that's what I'm afraid it has to become.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 4:28 am

And I had hoped you learned FROM last time not to do such things. Were this a regular tournament event, I know that it would not have been allowed considering the fact at least TWO matches had already taken place. That is my problem with this.

Gallows: Adding the Summoning condition is a nice touch, I would have been fine with it still having a power buff effect personally, but you removed it anyway so kudos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: - HG2 Deck Masters -   - HG2 Deck Masters - - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

- HG2 Deck Masters -

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6