Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's gonna happen with ODA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well. As you know we are facing tons of stuff. The revamp was a big mistake. It didn't change or make us update anything but rather drove away the members we actually had and caused staff to leave. Anyway, whats done is done. Now we need to fix up this place.

Frankly, I am not your guy. I didn't wanna be head admin and I am not worthy. If we want to revive ODA, we need a good staff team. Fluff has left. Idk if Ryuk still wants ODA. Sasukat is still here. L is no where to be seen. I personally want ODA to come back but I would just like to be a mod or filler admin. For a new staff team we need to back to the people who have experience. So far, I can see Sylveraine, Pride, Vent and Nottu are the people who have shown me that they want to help. I know some people will disagree with some of those choices but when it comes to it, they are good at what they do.

If there is anyone else who is capable and wants to be staff, they can apply too. I am thinking of making Sylveraine the head admin for now. I know some of you guys would want to punch me but I think he has what it takes to bring back ODA. He has been the person who has been on my back to help ODA, which shows a lot of concern for the place. Nottu has done this a little too but I don't see him often. Idk if he will comeback or if people will be happy about this since he has left but just an idea. Vent is a loyal member who has recently been helping a lot. Pride used to be mod and admin, and is active now since holidays are starting. I would still help but I can't deal with head admin stuff. I am fine with mods or filler admin until you find someone more helpful. I think Ryuk would help too but Im not sure since haven't talked to him about ODA for along time.

First step would be demoting people who are surely not coming back (as staff) like L and Fluff. Then I'll wait for a few days to get replys from people on who wants to help and what they can do. Then I will demote myself, hand over the account to Sylveraine. He can do as he wishes. I just want to say one thing before I end. Giving someone a chance to revive is much better than not trying and ending ODA forever. If it doesn't work then ofc it will end but its still worth trying especially if you love this place. Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/84What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:42 pm

I don't always complain, just when something is wrong that needs fixed. Like you still being administrator.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

now you face facts. sylveraine was a great addition on ODA and invited me over here himself. if his academy died, it doesn't mean he does a terrible job ad being staff. quite the opposite. it can sometimes mean that it's an admin's fault, if he's really really really bad. but i was on there for some time. i've seen stuff there. if you don't agree with him being a staff member, maybe you should leave. i want you to stay, just don't spit crap on sylveraine.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

I've been nice to you, when you least deserve it. I've wanted to solve things, I've wanted to involve you in ODA's revival, and all you do is bitch around about how I am bad. Let us not forget, you made me Admin to begin with. And you're the one who's backstabbed the ppl here. And you. You're the one who can't even as much as get over a petty argument. And continues to just act like I am to blame for all. You're sad. Real sad. And I hope someday you can understand what I'v etried to do for you. Despite our arguing.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/84What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:53 pm

Nice? You can fake nice to me all day but it won't change a thing. You are the traitorous scum here, not me. You played nice and acted all buddy-buddy with me, got the spot as an admin and then got me demoted so you could be the head.

This goes to all the actual members here: If you want to revive ODA then I 100% support you and would love nothing more than to help. However, if you leave C.C. as the Head Admin...AGAIN, then count me out. Reviving the site with him will be like using a pair of rocks instead of defibrillator pads on a dying victim. Wake up people.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:56 pm

first paragraph: you made a new acc to deceive us all. don't call others what you are yourself.

second paragraph: see ya.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:59 pm

lolololololol.
You still believe that shit? Omg you're a sad story man. This is really beyond normal how sad. You really think I just became Admin so I could kick you out, and I could yank ODA away from you? Man, we've gone over this before. I never demoted you. You left. Out of your own free will. I talked to Jammy, so that ODA would have a direction again. Not be drifting around pointlessly. You had to go, Jammy was gone, and I was the only Admin at the time, which is WHY I took control of ODA. Had I not done that, it would have died back then. Don't lie, you treacherous bastud. You're the one who tried to hijack ODA. You're the one who played Magi, and who got Staff, behind everyone's backs. You're the one who betrayed everyone. You're the one who betrayed our friendship, and I was stupid enough to actually still want to involve you in things because frankly, I thought you deserved it.

But with what you just said you show, once more, that you're the most low and pathetic person around here. All you want is your power back on ODA. You want me gone, because I'm the only one who doesn't forgive you for your shit. And with me gone, you can slowly come back again, get Admin, Head Admin, and there you are, you own ODA. Grow up. Get a life. And lay off of me.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:05 pm

I don't want "power" on ODA. Already proved that I'm not cut out for it.

When I lost adminship, it was not because I "left voluntarily" it was back when I was **** homeless you **** **** .

No. I'm not doing this. ****  this. **** you. Have fun with whatever the **** you try to do here, we all know it won't work.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:06 pm

locked due to consistent swearing and arguing. Not the impression we want to leave for people.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Oh for crying out loud.. I come back and this topic is spammed with arguments.. Ik its locked but stuff needs to be said. After I type this all out. I will unlock this topic incase people want to discuss anything important about ODA's future or CALMLY reply to RELATED posts. But if anyone dares to swear or spam, they will get a instant forum ban for 2 days.

@L, I never blamed you for anything but I don't think you can blame me either. I didn't make the topic to revamp. It was done while I was gone and I got told that you and Fluff thought of it. After talking to Fluff he said he was hesitant to do it but did it because you were up for it. And as Sylv said, you could have contacted me too. I had been actively posting impying that I was actually on ODA, wheresa you didn't PM or DN anyone at all. You just came back, made an instant excuse and pretend that you had nothing to do with this? That's not true and you know it. Now, what's done is done. If you still want to help than you can help with GFX or fix up duel arena like you planned.

@Evil, that place is not dead. It is still alive, you can still stay. No one expects you to work or anything, just chill and stay in the academy you once loved and helped.

@Nottu, Man... What's happening with you? I know you dislike Sylveraine.. but on a topic where everyone can see, you are making yourself look like a fool. You are swearing like mad and angry whereas Sylv is replying calmly without breaking any rules. If you need to talk it out, use Skype to talk to him. And about your opinions, you are entitled to them but I would just like to point out that when no one else wants to be head admin, he is stepping up and helping. He didn't let it die before, he just had to leave. There is a big difference. I mean no offense at all but just calm down before you post. You were head admin a point, you know how to control you anger and act professional.

@Sylveraine, thanks for not getting angry and swearing back. But you could've just said to end the argument and stay on topic. Just saying. Anyway, thanks for locking the topic but I'll unlock just so people can reply to the main topic or answer related posts.

@Patch, good crowd control. Said true thing but in a manner where nobody could possible be offended. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Crystal Master

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Nottu wrote:
<...> we all know it won't work.
We=you?
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Crystal Master reminded me that arguing just after it re-opened, isn't exactly the smartest idea. Hence I locked it, since I knew I would get replies anyway. But yeah, I'll keep an eye out for just ending argument by just saying it, lol.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:06 am

I'm confused as to why there is a head admin..  IMO, the number of admins should all have access to the account and just change the password weekly or something...

I mean, if it's such a big deal of who is head..  Then it should be just taken out..

I know it can't be taken out physically, but I mean... Metaphorically.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:21 am

When the heck did this thing go south.....

C.C. ....
Nottu....

Forget your squabble -_- we got the words we needed. "I will pitch in" We can iron things out when we get everything back to standards.(I like prides idea in a way though)

Besides you survived a seemingly endless rain of trolls everything in life should be easy after that to deal with XD.

Here is the deal. Everyone is working towards the same goal here. Let's stop arguing dang it! No more placing "Blame" or bringing up past events. Forget everything Neutral and let's focus on the task at hand. Nottu you gotta keep your cool dude, same for you Sy. I'm not singling anyone out Neutral we can't rip each other's heads off. That will be our "Nail on the coffin"

Now if I see you two fighting again your getting detentions >.> and a phone call home (Don't make me sick Blazer on you Nottu!)
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:41 am

Pride, that can't work. A good Webmaster (Head Admin) will value the other administrators and give them a lot of authority anyways, but there HAS to be someone at the top of the totem pole to avoid a certain number of things.

1: Demotions/Promotions of admins. Yeah, they can be discussed among the other admins, but only the top dawg should have a definite yes or no ability. This avoids admins demoting each other for ridiculous reasons and promoting people for... yeah, ridiculous reasons.

2: Security. What happens when the wrong person is given access to the Founder account? Any number if things, from taking the forum over, to deleting it, to blah blah blah.

3: Swiftness. As an old member of staff, you know discussions can take... forever. We need an executive privilege, someone who can act quickly and decisively if need be.

There's more, but those are what come to mind at the moment.
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 7:13 am

Ahhhh so much bullshit going on.
How about someone tell us what the next move is?
I could care less about these little conflicts between us, just tell me/oda what the hell does the oh so great staff plan to do next, how does it plan to go about that, and how can we help. I keep hearing some shit about giving oda a direction to go in or something but if i'm not hearing anything about our next step then how can you expect me to believe we're not just aimlessly floating about waiting to drown?
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:00 am

I say we need to weed through the staff.  See who wants to stay and who is willing to put in a little bit of work.  Get rid of the people who are too lazy or don't want to try.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:32 am

Staff will need to be the first. We'll need as much of the staff online. Potato, Pride, Hero, Ryuk if possible, me. Vent. Then we can go through the staff properly and clean it up. After that we'll have to open up Applications for certain positions, such as Mod, tester, etc etc. As soon as we have a good amount of testers, or at least decent, we can start recruiting immensely. Without testers, it won't do us any good.

While thinking of it. When we recruit, and test, we'll come across a problem. The 5 post requirement. New recruits will want to get tested asap. If they come here, it's gonna be very likely that rule is gonna scare a lot of people away. Maybe it's smart to temporarily suspend, or even completely ignore the rule. Just a thought. Opinions on that plz.

As soon as we have once again a proper amount of members, we can start on organizing events. Such as something Rose once made for another Acad I'm in, a Theme'd Tourney. At that place, it was the CyberDark Tourney. Here, it can simply be called the Orichalcos Tourney. An ongoing tournament. After one ends, the next begins. As in, signs ups for it.

CyberDark Tournament:

I think once we've hit that point, we can get on a Staff meeting and discuss what to do next then. This seems enough work for now.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 10:11 am

I agree on suspending the rule for a little bit. If masses of people join like we want then either they will spam or just lose interest. If they are getting tested then hopefully they should want to stay here.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:34 pm

After finally reading all of the above bullshit multiple things come to mind, Nottu, amigo, friend, If you care so much about ODA then why would you put such filth on its pages? Sure it may be the heat of the moment but if you generally cared for ODA then you would be able to put it all aside for the sake of ODA. The way I see it is that this is a clean slate, this is everything being put aside. LIke we're starting this academy again, literally. I would be interested in applying for a mod position should one arise.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:52 pm

would sound weird, but i wish to be a chat mod Neutral temp ofc.
Back to top Go down

Nikosan

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Quote :
While thinking of it. When we recruit, and test, we'll come across a problem. The 5 post requirement. New recruits will want to get tested asap. If they come here, it's gonna be very likely that rule is gonna scare a lot of people away. Maybe it's smart to temporarily suspend, or even completely ignore the rule. Just a thought. Opinions on that plz.

So ugh if people lose interest over having to post 5 times then they probly wouldnt be too great of an addition to oda anyways. Isnt this more of a forum community then just a thing to say you are in while you are on DN. Well this is only my opinion thou.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 10:04 pm

Rafael wrote:
would sound weird, but i wish to be a chat mod Neutral temp ofc.

same Neutral but i failed once already....

Plus i'm not sure if we need a chat mod yet....everything seems about fine chatwise. (You know, minus the 30 minute long discussions on: Who's fault it is, If Lelouch is really dead, Star Wars, and god knows what.)
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 3:19 am

I don't really think that the 5 post is a real problem if we just had actual posts to reply on.

Maybe a few more added games or something?

I can look around for some ideas for those.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 4:26 am

Pride wrote:
I don't really think that the 5 post is a real problem if we just had actual posts to reply on.

Maybe a few more added games or something?

I can look around for some ideas for those.

Agreed Pride, a dice roll game would be a nice way for new members to earn 5 posts and maybe even earn some of that ever so elusive OD.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 10:36 am

I can implement a Dice Game. It's no problem, easily done. Yet, that gives people 3 posts. Introduction, First Letter, Dice Game. Yet especially with the fact when we recruit a lot at once. Tlaking about 7, 8 new members. That's gonna be a problem then. More or less, at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's gonna happen with ODA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next