Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's gonna happen with ODA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA Left_bar_bleue100/100What's gonna happen with ODA Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
What's gonna happen with ODA Empty
PostSubject: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:04 pm

Well. As you know we are facing tons of stuff. The revamp was a big mistake. It didn't change or make us update anything but rather drove away the members we actually had and caused staff to leave. Anyway, whats done is done. Now we need to fix up this place.

Frankly, I am not your guy. I didn't wanna be head admin and I am not worthy. If we want to revive ODA, we need a good staff team. Fluff has left. Idk if Ryuk still wants ODA. Sasukat is still here. L is no where to be seen. I personally want ODA to come back but I would just like to be a mod or filler admin. For a new staff team we need to back to the people who have experience. So far, I can see Sylveraine, Pride, Vent and Nottu are the people who have shown me that they want to help. I know some people will disagree with some of those choices but when it comes to it, they are good at what they do.

If there is anyone else who is capable and wants to be staff, they can apply too. I am thinking of making Sylveraine the head admin for now. I know some of you guys would want to punch me but I think he has what it takes to bring back ODA. He has been the person who has been on my back to help ODA, which shows a lot of concern for the place. Nottu has done this a little too but I don't see him often. Idk if he will comeback or if people will be happy about this since he has left but just an idea. Vent is a loyal member who has recently been helping a lot. Pride used to be mod and admin, and is active now since holidays are starting. I would still help but I can't deal with head admin stuff. I am fine with mods or filler admin until you find someone more helpful. I think Ryuk would help too but Im not sure since haven't talked to him about ODA for along time.

First step would be demoting people who are surely not coming back (as staff) like L and Fluff. Then I'll wait for a few days to get replys from people on who wants to help and what they can do. Then I will demote myself, hand over the account to Sylveraine. He can do as he wishes. I just want to say one thing before I end. Giving someone a chance to revive is much better than not trying and ending ODA forever. If it doesn't work then ofc it will end but its still worth trying especially if you love this place. Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 2:36 am

I vote that if Sylveraine, or anybody, wants to deal with ODA, let them try. I honestly see no hope for it, so I'll probably be spending what little time I have on the Yuginet at VDA for a hopefully more stable environment and community.
Back to top Go down

Sylveon

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Katia Sylver
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA Left_bar_bleue100/100What's gonna happen with ODA Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 4:25 am

Hero. I may be a full on active member at VDA now, but I dont wanna see this place fall. I think making Sylver head for this is a good idea. ODA doesn't need to fall. I remember when it was in the top 5 best academies to be at.
Sylver and I have had our differences in the past but I think this is a good idea for the sake of ODA. Also, Hero if you need anymore help in getting this place back up and running you have a friend in me. once a member of ODA. Always a member of ODA. We'll get this place alive again. We just cant give up..
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA Left_bar_bleue0/0What's gonna happen with ODA Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 5:07 am

I think that if we do a somewhat massive change, members would return.

I don't necessarily mean like change the entire format, but I think like.. Moving everything to the archives again and getting that skin changed would be good.

Then we would just make classy and shnazzy looking new beginning posts and that would attract some people.

IDK..  I don't want to force this when I don't really have a say, but..

I get what everyone is saying that putting too much work into it might be dumb, but at the same time, putting in the right about of work is important too.

...Did that make sense hopefully?

A few 'fake' (Look real) big changes, like the new topics and skin, and just reposing and stuff.

Revamping doesn't have to be complete demolition and reconstruction it can be just a clean slate.

Again, hope that made sense.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 10:44 am

A new look can always be discussed and worked on. What's more important, is that we leave ODA open for the public. Then we can test out the revamps and new skins etc on a testing forum, and once staff agrees on it, we can upload the changes to ODA itself. Would take no more then an hour, tops, then.
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 8:06 pm

It's too bad we can't find L
He was a pretty good guy Sad
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Potato wrote:
It's too bad we can't find L
He was a pretty good guy Sad

Yeah, its a great shame that he left after he organised all this stuff and didn't help a bit for it. I strongly suggest him being demoted.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Agreed D;
Back to top Go down

Nikosan

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 9:12 pm

We still have the skype chat. That should help bring some people back D:
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 10:24 pm

This is already wonderful!

Hell, i thought i wouldnt see half of you ever again...

We can't fail Neutral we dont even know how to fail! that's why everyone is auto slifer!

I think we should wipe the stuff clean though, get some fresh new stuff.. We also need to elect new staff, and preferably get everyone on at the same time-ish and recruit like hell! (The more people on chat, the better the success rate.)
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 10:43 pm

i honestly think that this place doesn't have a chance without slyveraine. he's the one person i know that can revive an academy out of scraps. also, i don't have an ability of seeing in the future, but i don't believe this academy will ever get in top five again. it will be amazing if top hundred, impossible with five. good luck
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:06 pm

We're cleaning out the Staff as is. As for recruiting, I have a lot of things to do irl lately as well. We'll need to get a few Testers, say 2 or 3 set up for when the rest can recruit. This has to be properly organized. So the best chance is somewhere in the weekend.
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:24 am

SSorry, you make the topic admin only therefore locking me out of my own post, make no attempt to contact me on Skype,  fail to see even asmall  change through and you have the audacity. To pin it on me? Fuck you.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:27 am

Keep it nice man. I don't think that Hero's saying you're to blame for all of this. It's just a result of what happened when everyone failed to do their part. Hero didn't get involved, Fluff couldn't handle things, you weren't around, Evil got mad and left, and a lot more. I really don't think Hero's trying to wind everything down on you.

As for the you being contactable n shet, sure, by all means, he could have. But you could have contacted him as well. Concerning your inability to post. Over ND, or over Skype. You didn't, either. So you're as much to blame on that, as he is.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 1:21 am

Evil wrote:
I vote that if Sylveraine, or anybody, wants to deal with ODA, let them try. I honestly see no hope for it, so I'll probably be spending what little time I have on the Yuginet at VDA for a hopefully more stable environment and community.

Evil, i'm thoroughly disappointed in you of all people Very Happy . You have been here the longest out of everyone. You were the longest running Head Admin, you came up with so many successful ideas it was mad. (Heck, i was mad Neutral literally couldn't think of anything you DIDN'T do. Your like Apple -_- .)
Your my friend, and I love you (No homo) and I mean this in the nicest way possible.

GET YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR ASS!

You can't just give up -_- this thing is practically your kid. Same thing goes to anyone else! ODA was the place where you met people who were competent, and had fun playing Board games. Where you met interesting people, and found out how to actually play THE most confusing childs game on the planet. I don't give a crap if you don't want to be staff. But I do care if you truly wish to abandon it completely. Sometimes people don't have a chance, but WE do. I don't wanna see us blow this opportunity just because you think "It's all a waste of time," or "It's a lost cause." You wasted time here....it must have meant SOMETHING to you. Furthermore Neutral how the hell do you expect us to be stable if you arent here? You can't make a wave without water.

So we gotta bring in some Gallons (People) from the well (DN)
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA Left_bar_bleue1000/1000What's gonna happen with ODA Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 1:46 am

I frikin called most of this stuff happening months ago XD. Anyways im still here if u ppls need any help
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 4:41 am

Lol TC, thanks for that, you got my first and only smile out of me for the day. But I never said I was completely leaving, I'm just not gonna... "main" this academy anymore.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA Left_bar_bleue84/84What's gonna happen with ODA Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:32 am

Sylveon wrote:
I think making Sylver head for this is a good idea. ODA doesn't need to fall.
Sylver and I have had our differences in the past but I think this is a good idea for the sake of ODA.

...No. If you want ODA to get better, then why place someone in charge who already drove it into the ground once before?

To be perfectly honest, with the best options for Admins NOT wanting to do it...then ODA is finished. The site has struggled to live and I think its time has finally come.

I support the idea of merging with vda.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:13 am

Nottu, I never drove ODA into the ground. I've kept it running while you had your issues with your living place, I've kept it running with the people I could find after you got mad and left, and we all have done that. We all kept it running. If you see this as nothing but another chance to save your pride or something and tear me down, then please, save it. We're trying to keep ODA up and get her back up on the old lines. If you don't want to be part of that, then leave like you did before. Or come back undercover like you did before, not wanting people to know you're still around. Choose what you want to do, but don't whip up this VDA discussion again. We're gonna keep ODA, ODA. And not merge it with VDA. I hope you can understand and respect that choice. Cuz it's not what I say. It's what the members say.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Nottu wrote:

...No. If you want ODA to get better, then why place someone in charge who already drove it into the ground once before?

To be perfectly honest, with the best options for Admins NOT wanting to do it...then ODA is finished. The site has struggled to live and I think its time has finally come.

I support the idea of merging with vda.

Damn.....now your my biggest disappointment Nottu Neutral(Did you not see what I told Evil!? The some of it can also apply to you Neutral.) . We aren't the kind of people to "MERGE", if anything, we will be the ones who VDA merges with! I don't care :|if you think C.C. is ill equipped for the job, since you can't think of any other method, that's our guy (The only one who is worthy enough to be admin putting his all into it too!) . I'll tell you what i will tell everyone who says we need better staff: "If you think you can do better, then help (Everyone wins that way)! If not, please...shut up and let them try!."

Besides, it's 1 against everyone else -_- .For once Nottu, please....DO WHAT EVERYONE IS DOING! Don't be that ONE guy who double dips at a party!

Your my friend bro, also my rival (And i love you too, no homo ofc), and you have one of the strongest brains i've ever seen in action. You didn't quit on ODA before, why start now? Also....how have you been :Dlong time no see buddy! (Minus the whole....let's merge ODA with VDA thing...)

Also, I swear to god , if you say this is a lost cause I will find a rare DM, cut it in half, and set it on fire....(Not really, but it kinda stresses how seriously disappointed I would be in you. C'mon bro :|join the party)
Back to top Go down

Crystal Master

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 5:03 pm

C.C. wrote:
<...>after you got mad and left <...>

Don Patch The Cool wrote:
You didn't quit on ODA before <...>

Something doesn't add up...
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 5:23 pm

Crystal Master wrote:
C.C. wrote:
<...>after you got mad and left <...>

Don Patch The Cool wrote:
You didn't quit on ODA before <...>

Something doesn't add up...

Nottu kept ODA going before, he refused to let it fail then Neutral

Caught up now CM?
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 5:25 pm

He quit, but in a way stayed, under a different name. Nobody knew it was him, until he told us later on. So both are true, kinda.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA Left_bar_bleue84/84What's gonna happen with ODA Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:37 pm

C.C. wrote:
Nottu, I never drove ODA into the ground. I've kept it running while you had your issues with your living place, I've kept it running with the people I could find after you got mad and left, and we all have done that. We all kept it running. If you see this as nothing but another chance to save your pride or something and tear me down, then please, save it. We're trying to keep ODA up and get her back up on the old lines. If you don't want to be part of that, then leave like you did before. Or come back undercover like you did before, not wanting people to know you're still around. Choose what you want to do, but don't whip up this VDA discussion again. We're gonna keep ODA, ODA. And not merge it with VDA. I hope you can understand and respect that choice. Cuz it's not what I say. It's what the members say.

A chance to save my pride. I don't even know what that's supposed to mean but all right. As for tearing you down again, I don't have to do that. All I have to do is sit back and watch you screw up again. You were a terrible head admin. You couldn't even keep up with your own site that Blazer brought you over from and that place was tiny compared to ODA. Face facts: You suck as an admin.

Now back to the discussion.
Okay, merge bad. Gotcha. As Hero stated, yes I do very much want ODA to shine again. I will be starting a new job soon but I will still be willing to pitch in and do what I can to revive this place, if we can. I don't want to sound negative but truth be told ODA's been on its last leg for some time now. I fear the recent "revamp" might have been the final nail in the coffin. I hope that's not the case.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Man. All you do is complain, hate me, and insult me, when you have no good reason to. As Admin, I was trying to keep this place running while being the only Admin around and active. Added, it's thanks to me this place is open now again, and the willingness of the people along. I would appreciate it if you could stop blaming me for things, when in truth you just plain hate me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA Empty

Back to top Go down

What's gonna happen with ODA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next