Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in

What's gonna happen with ODA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100/100What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well. As you know we are facing tons of stuff. The revamp was a big mistake. It didn't change or make us update anything but rather drove away the members we actually had and caused staff to leave. Anyway, whats done is done. Now we need to fix up this place.

Frankly, I am not your guy. I didn't wanna be head admin and I am not worthy. If we want to revive ODA, we need a good staff team. Fluff has left. Idk if Ryuk still wants ODA. Sasukat is still here. L is no where to be seen. I personally want ODA to come back but I would just like to be a mod or filler admin. For a new staff team we need to back to the people who have experience. So far, I can see Sylveraine, Pride, Vent and Nottu are the people who have shown me that they want to help. I know some people will disagree with some of those choices but when it comes to it, they are good at what they do.

If there is anyone else who is capable and wants to be staff, they can apply too. I am thinking of making Sylveraine the head admin for now. I know some of you guys would want to punch me but I think he has what it takes to bring back ODA. He has been the person who has been on my back to help ODA, which shows a lot of concern for the place. Nottu has done this a little too but I don't see him often. Idk if he will comeback or if people will be happy about this since he has left but just an idea. Vent is a loyal member who has recently been helping a lot. Pride used to be mod and admin, and is active now since holidays are starting. I would still help but I can't deal with head admin stuff. I am fine with mods or filler admin until you find someone more helpful. I think Ryuk would help too but Im not sure since haven't talked to him about ODA for along time.

First step would be demoting people who are surely not coming back (as staff) like L and Fluff. Then I'll wait for a few days to get replys from people on who wants to help and what they can do. Then I will demote myself, hand over the account to Sylveraine. He can do as he wishes. I just want to say one thing before I end. Giving someone a chance to revive is much better than not trying and ending ODA forever. If it doesn't work then ofc it will end but its still worth trying especially if you love this place. Thanks for reading.

What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 Itachi_signature_by_rainofraijin-d5r3x3r

-Knowledge and awareness are vague, and perhaps better called illusions. Everyone lives within their own subjective interpretation-
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100/100What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:04 am

Well, spam games are not a problem. I can make a more topics like general first letter - last letter. Or Alphabet spam where you name words from A - Z. Got ideas from VDA admittedly.

-Knowledge and awareness are vague, and perhaps better called illusions. Everyone lives within their own subjective interpretation-
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:16 am

Ye,s but we don't want ODA to become naught but a spam forum. We want it to gain actual useful content. This ain't the place to just drop as much spam games for your post count as possible, Hero.

We'll need Teachers again. Some useful content. Maybe discussion concerning the Format, concerning new Sets that come out. It was used on DA a long time back, I'm not sure if they still have it. But it's a rank that has the people in it, search for anything new on YGO, and then notify the Academy by posting it up, explaining n shet. For example, Pendulum. Or new cards. Or support that comes out. Or a new Set. Or a new Gold Set. Or a new Necrovalley Errata. It would help the content of the Forum stay on target, and give posts, as well as actually help people.

What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 2yy102h

Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:36 am

I am not saying to fill all top posts with spam games. I just said for the recruiting even we can have it so people have something to do and have fun. Interacting makes them stick around rather than just having a chat where most people are busy testing newbies.

Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:40 am

Yet the underlined thought is you want more posts so you can keep fluff under you [Which is easy, he ain't here anymore]. Don't deny it, I know of all your evil plans. And I shall do what I can to stop them D;<

Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:42 am

You just corrected yourself. Fluff isn't here and he is the only one who is lifeless enough to try and beat me. Plus, I am not bothered if he over takes me. He did it for a short time anyway. I just wanted to be top poster even if it was only for 10 seconds.

Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 12:06 pm

Back on topic. I think for "spam" topics, best we have are First Letter, and the newly introduced [if accepted] Exodia Lottery.

Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 12:12 pm

you'll run out of cards once for first letter and nobody's dumb enough to check all cards from the start

What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 9fjTuQU

What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 B6RdtN4

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 12:15 pm

We could add one last one to make it 3. 3 is a better number o.o The alphabet spam I was talking about. I don't mind we don't but if we do, alphabet one seems like a good idea.

Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Although, the CotW Discussion may become the same thing, really. Also a discussion thread, on topic [YGO] and may very well become Spammish. I'd say we wait this out, see where that goes.

Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 1:08 pm

C.C. wrote:
Some useful content. Maybe discussion concerning the Format, concerning new Sets that come out. It was used on DA a long time back, I'm not sure if they still have it. But it's a rank that has the people in it, search for anything new on YGO, and then notify the Academy by posting it up, explaining n shet. For example, Pendulum. Or new cards. Or support that comes out. Or a new Set. Or a new Gold Set. Or a new Necrovalley Errata. It would help the content of the Forum stay on target, and give posts, as well as actually help people.

If we like, want one of those, I can help with that too. I always follow the new cards, and I have a few people who I already message who I already message whenever cards are announced (Like Fluff with new Boxer cards and Hero with the new HERO cards), and when chat was active a lot I used to post a bunch of leaks in a row to get discussions

Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 1:15 pm

Sasukat wrote:
C.C. wrote:
Some useful content. Maybe discussion concerning the Format, concerning new Sets that come out. It was used on DA a long time back, I'm not sure if they still have it. But it's a rank that has the people in it, search for anything new on YGO, and then notify the Academy by posting it up, explaining n shet. For example, Pendulum. Or new cards. Or support that comes out. Or a new Set. Or a new Gold Set. Or a new Necrovalley Errata. It would help the content of the Forum stay on target, and give posts, as well as actually help people.

If we like, want one of those, I can help with that too. I always follow the new cards, and I have a few people who I already message who I already message whenever cards are announced (Like Fluff with new Boxer cards and Hero with the new HERO cards), and when chat was active a lot I used to post a bunch of leaks in a row to get discussions

i posted a lot of that crap as well

What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 9fjTuQU

What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 B6RdtN4

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 1:23 pm

C.C. wrote:
It was used on DA a long time back, I'm not sure if they still have it. But it's a rank that has the people in it, search for anything new on YGO, and then notify the Academy by posting it up, explaining n shet. For example, Pendulum. Or new cards. Or support that comes out. Or a new Set. Or a new Gold Set. Or a new Necrovalley Errata. It would help the content of the Forum stay on target, and give posts, as well as actually help people.

I know pendulums pretty well Very Happy .

Interesting thing: When you use Solemn the monsters you summoned go to grave rather than the pendulum scales. Mst please?

What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 Acb

Spammers Beware!

Might get 'em in church or something. We heard the deacon speaking. I'm Donnie McClurkin frontin'~ Kidd Kirigaya

Fun Guide: https://i.imgur.com/ek2yNp0.png
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 1:52 pm

I know NOTHING about pendulum so that would be something good to teach on ODA.

Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 5:46 pm

So I really do love the idea of a cycle system. Cycle through testers/professors to see who'll be posting a lesson for that time?

What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 PYe8R
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Hero wrote:

#YouFail

But you have a nice banner in your sig, so you pass.

What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 Acb

Spammers Beware!

Might get 'em in church or something. We heard the deacon speaking. I'm Donnie McClurkin frontin'~ Kidd Kirigaya

Fun Guide: https://i.imgur.com/ek2yNp0.png
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Don Patch The Cool wrote:
Hero wrote:

#YouFail

But you have a nice banner in your sig, so you pass.

I never learned about it :/

And thanks for liking the GFX C:

Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 7:43 pm

I could post some lessons and stuff.

I like how everyone keeps avoiding ignoring that!  I can't tell if it's "We don't want you" or "We trust you enough to not respond"!

But I still had some lessons typed up on my old computer.  I can see if I still have any of them.

We might even consider deleting the old lessons and just starting over again since the format's changed so much.
Back to top Go down

Calla Tor

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 4:25 am

I have experience as being an Admin considering i am an Owner of 2 academies both are off to a great start but just missing gfx(1 is) and the other is missing an academy banner(got replaced after i changed themes). And i am also an admin at another academy that recently died after a split that was caused by the owner and co-owner. Co-Owner took all the active members besides 2(me and another person but i was offline due to family emergencies). And also i was talking to fluff fluff bout affliating my major academy to ODA and who should i talk to know?
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 6:29 am

Long Live ODA!

"There is no greater feeling of loneliness, than not knowing one's self."
What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 NoGamesigtextBorder3_zps9abe43b3
Official 1st Gym Leader of ODA
Everybody Lies:

Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 10:47 pm

Calla Tor, that would be something to PM to the admin staff. Any of them will do, because if the one your PM reaches thinks it's a good idea, he'll pass it on to the other admins and see what they think, then get back to you. Or... that's how it used to work Razz

What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 Kizan_zps661e9358

[19:36:10] Evil : I'm smexy and I know it
[19:37:02] Eren : you still think that evil 
[19:37:06] -Kira- : ur sexy and we know it~

[19:47:26] Katarina : Evil
[19:47:28] Katarina : You're a god
Back to top Go down

timo93

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 9:54 pm

Welli know im new here but ive been in a lot of other academy's and I know how to run one basically ive was head admin for a lil bit on one site Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's gonna happen with ODA   What's gonna happen with ODA - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's gonna happen with ODA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: ODA Forum Archive :: Announcements-