Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

So after a bit of asking around there are two big tournaments people wanted to see: tag-team duels and xyz boss battles. I'm not sure how many people have dev for certain that we could perform tag team duels, so I'm going to start the xyz boss battle tournament.

Basically how this works is that you select one xyz of your choice. The ONLY monster allowed in your extra deck is up to 3 copies of that monster. The rest of the extra deck is to be left blank. To be declared the winner of a duel you must attempt to summon out your xyz monster sometime during the match. If you win the duel but did not attempt to summon your xyz monster it does not count. It still counts in your favor if the monster in question is Solemn'd, Bottomless'd, Torrential'd, etc. So here are going to be the rules of this tournament:

1. You must select ONE xyz monster of your choice to use. Having your deck revolve around that monster is ideal. You are to have NO other monsters in your extra deck. If anyone is caught using more than one type of extra deck monster, they're out of the tournament. Pretty simple.

2. In order to win the duel, you first must ATTEMPT to summon your xyz monster. This doesn't mean summon Tin Goldfish then special summon Celtic Guardian and get Torrential'd. This means you must overlay two existing monsters on the field and summon your xyz monster regardless of the fact if the summon of the xyz is negated or otherwise.

3. Decks and xyz monsters are locked. Once you pick an xyz monster, stick with it. Only one person can have one specific xyz monster. In other words, no 2 people can have the same xyz. However, more than one person can run the same style of deck (like two people running Dark Worlds).

4. Obviously 2014 format with the banning of exodia, burn, stall, etc etc same shit different day.

5. Any deck goes in this tournament. I'm not having another deck ban list. That doesn't mean jump on meta; I encourage originality. However, I feel the need to ban three xyz monsters that I feel EVERYONE is going to bitch about if I leave in. The use of Number 101: Silent Honor ARK, Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand, and Evilswarm Excition Knight are banned from this tournament.

6. Single hearts. You lose, you're out.

7. I don't want another inactivity problem going. I'll say it right now: Don't join this fucking tournament if you're going to say "oooo this looks cool i'm in" and then never show up again. There are certain people who know who I'm talking about. Don't join if you're going to dodge, be inactive, or otherwise. I'll take it upon myself to ban whoever I feel is being inactive.

To join, just say what xyz monster you're using. You don't need to say what type of build you're using. I feel that kind of took away from the element of surprise in my last tournaments. The tournament starts on the 21st of February. Good luck to all signing up. I may participate in this tournament, but I'm not 100% sure as of yet.

Current duelists:
1. White Rose Dragon: Lavalval Chain
2. Chaos Lexi: Evolzar Laggia
3. Fluff Fluff: Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke
4. PimpinEveryNubInSlifer: Artifact Durandal
5. Nottu: Magi Magi Magician Gal
6. Shredder: Number 74: Master of Blades
7. Hero: Evilswarm Ophion
8. Sasukat: Constellar Pleiades
9. Killmatronix: Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
10. Superion Maximus: Superdimensional Robot Galaxy Destroyer
11. Nikosan: Number 39: Utopia Roots
12. Luckytheunlucky: Bujintei Susanowo

Last edited by Fluff Fluff on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:20 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 10:51 am

changing to maestroke
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Killmatronix wrote:
changing to maestroke

Was really surprised nobody jumped on that sooner. Maybe it's just my fascination with effects like Lead Yoke, Gachi, and Maestroke.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 6:05 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
Killmatronix wrote:
changing to maestroke

Was really surprised nobody jumped on that sooner. Maybe it's just my fascination with effects like Lead Yoke, Gachi, and Maestroke.

Maestroke was my initial plan (if Felgrand failed). I like destruction immunity too.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Lead Yoke ftw <3
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
Lead Yoke ftw <3

Dat maestroke on drugs should be banned .-.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Felgrand is banned that's that Hero ;-;
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 7:11 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
Felgrand is banned that's that Hero ;-;

Okay ;-;
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 10:48 pm

my biggest surprise is that know noone has the original utopia
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:46 pm

It'd honestly work pretty well here. You don't even need Utopia Ray or any of that fancy shit to make it good. Toss on Tornado Bringer and those other ones you're literally set.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:
Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 12:09 am

Fluff Fluff wrote:
It'd honestly work pretty well here. You don't even need Utopia Ray or any of that fancy shit to make it good. Toss on Tornado Bringer and those other ones you're literally set.
plus its a number which give you number specific support and its a light warrior type to add even more support
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 12:10 am

Someone in the next 4 people that join (if that many join) will hopefully take it
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 4:10 pm

well now utopia has a way to nuke all s/t's
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/84Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 4:25 pm

In fairness, so does Dark Magician and E HERO Neos
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 4:34 pm

yes but any deck with 2 level fours can use utopia
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/84Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Someone needs to use Lion Heart >.> level 1s ftw
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:38 pm

I was going to go with Dark Magician of Illusions...but sadly he is not on DN yet.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:54 pm

I wish it was that would fit you so well in this tournament lol.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 11:05 pm

Just so you all know: the winner of the tournament will be awarded 1k OD + a week of glow.

Double posting for a bump so hopefully 4 more people will join so have a smooth 16 for a tournament bracket.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:26 am

Bumping again for noticing sake ._. There's still 3 days left to join if anyone else is interested. Just making sure anyone else who would be interested in joining does join.
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 6:23 am

Artifact durandal o3o
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:40 am

All the good XYZ's are taken. ;-; I'm out.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:21 pm

Ew Artifacts ;-; I haven't had too much experience vs them but I guess I'll have to learn fast >.> And not all of the good ones are taken Darksoul. If you look enough through all of the xyzs there are still a couple I'm surprised nobody took.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:25 pm

I'm very disappointed in you Hero.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Nottu wrote:
I'm very disappointed in you Hero.

What did I do? ;-;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)   Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next