Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) Left_bar_bleue0/0The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) Empty
PostSubject: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Now before anyone says "Ew I hated Twilight it's a shitty movie vampire fag gtfo forum", It's not that ._.

This is going to be the sequel to my last and very popular "Elemental Tournament." For those of you that took place you know what I'm talking about. For those of you who are new, however, here is a look at it: https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com/t2294-the-elemental-tournament-has-begun

This was probably the most successful tournament this academy has ever hosted. It died for awhile but inevitably was finished. (Sasu and Syl still need to have their final match but at least we have a winner >.> ) The rules of this tournament are very simple and much like it's brother tournament. I've added a couple of new things to this though so that we don't have the same mistakes like last time that kept it drug on for 3 weeks. Here is our rule list:

1. Decks will be restricted to a single attribute of either Light or Dark. This means that your MAIN DECK, SIDE DECK, AND EXTRA DECK can only consist of monsters that have one element in common. (Ex: If you're joining the Light team, all of your monsters in all three decks must be Light attribute.)

2. The use of Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind monsters are not allowed, since this is going to be the exact opposite of the Elemental Tournament.

3. There are a select few number of decks that I have deemed overpowered and overplayed. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

4. This tournament will not implement the same deck to a specific player rule like the last one did. It came down to the fact that in order to be on the Wind team you would have needed to use some garbage like Armed Dragons because all of the archtypes were taken. This time around, I don't care if more than one person uses that specific deck (like two people using a Photon deck). I'd just rather not see a bunch of early birds take all of the good decks and the last person to sign up be forced to use Allure Queens.

5. All duels will be in match format. Also decks will be locked.

6. At the end of the tournament, if the winning team has more than one member still intact, the remaining members can duel among each other until one is left. That sole victor will receive a special prize from myself.

7. We're doing single life elimination this tournament. You have one life, you lose the duel, you're out. I don't intend on this dragging out because people lost once and then hardly ever showed up again.

8. If activity from one person is not shown within 4 days of the tournament's start, they will be removed from it. Likewise, i'll be keeping an eye on inactivity this time around. More rules on this will be stated later once I figure out a solid plan for it.

9. To join, you will select your deck and that will determine which team you reside on. If you're planning on using Blue-Eyes, then you're on the Light team. Team rosters will be kept track of on this thread and will be updated as more people join.

10. Please refrain from any trash talking in duels. Let's try to keep this a friendly tournament and not an overly competitive one where you insult another person for their deck choice.

11. No use of "Barrier Statue" cards. For the rules we're playing this it would be overkill to have one of these in your deck. With the right cards you can keep these alive and lock out your opponent. The tournament isn't going to be about summoning a statue on first turn and keeping it alive with Safe Zone. They're banned.

12. Trap monsters are prohibited if they conflict with your deck. If you're on the Dark team but have a trap monster that's an attribute other than Dark, it's not allowed.

13. If any use of Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind monsters are seen/used within a match, that match does not count and the loss goes to whoever used the mentioned elemental cards.

14. NO IMPRISONING MIRRORS. I'm not having a one sided Skill Drain tournament.

15. Even though it should be pretty obvious, I can see someone saying they're going to do it. No stall, exodia, or burn decks.

16. Dual attributed monsters such as Sphere of Chaos and Light and Darkness Dragon are banned.

The sign ups for this tournament may commence on this thread. I'll try to be on as much as possible to update when more people sign up. Also if anyone has any questions post them below and i'll answer them. If it's a good question regarding something about the tournament, I may add another rule for it. Don't be afraid to speak your mind; it's how we accomplish things. I'll announce when the tournament will begin. It will more than likely be a weekend. If not this up coming one, then the one after.

Banned cards:
Consecrated Light
Ally of Justice Quarantine/Catastor/Decisive Armor
Chaos Trap Hole
Light-Imprisoning Mirror
Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror
Barrier statue cards

Light team:
Sasukat - Hunder
Valkoor - Agent
Lady of Orichalcos - Blue-eyes
Evil - Constellar
JasonRy8 - Bujin
Sylveraine - Cybers

Dark Team:
Killmatronix - Dark World
Hero - Evilswarm
Don Patch - Gimmick Puppet
xdeathseeker187x - "wall dark" .-.
El Kiddo - Blackwing
Vandand - Dark World
Watch555 - Infernity

Last edited by Fluff Fluff on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:36 pm; edited 26 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited for Fluffy-kun~)
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) Left_bar_bleue100/100The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Joining as light with hunders
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) Left_bar_bleue100/100The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Fluff. May i join DARK already? I thought this through. If Konami wont release a new LIGHT archetype, I want to join DARK right off the bat. I don't have a chosen deck already, but please go with me.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 6:33 pm

Surprised that evilswarm isn't banned, I would like to join the dark team with it please. If you do decide to ban it then I may change my team.
Back to top Go down

Valkoor Lightheart

Leona

Location : Sitting in my room on my bed, thinking of a truly limitless world, filled with endless skies and adventure around every corner.

Character Sheet
Name: Edmund
HP:
The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) Left_bar_bleue900/100The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) Empty_bar_bleue  (900/100)

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 6:37 pm

There's no way I can't join in a battle between Light and Darkness. Sign me up with the Light team, Sasu! Gonna try out my hand at Agents.

I was thinking the same thing with Constellars, but something in my mind said "No," so I chose between Agents and Watts. There's a certain LIGHT Fairy I'm wanting to test out....
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) Left_bar_bleue0/0The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 10:43 pm

Just to clear some things up: much like the last tournament, the banned archtypes also consist of cards with their title in their name. For example, being as Dark World is banned, Dark World Dealings is banned due to the fact that 'Dark World' is in the name. This was used in the last tournament to keep the use of certain banned archtype's Xyz monsters at bay so there wouldn't be a loop around the rule.

I am also considering banned the archtype of Infernity. Infernity I myself have never had huge problems with, but I know it can be a troublesome archtype. In the event that I do ban this from the tournament, I will also have to ban another Light archtype. I'll keep you all updated on my decision and i'll post here if anything is to change.
Back to top Go down

Valkoor Lightheart

Leona

Location : Sitting in my room on my bed, thinking of a truly limitless world, filled with endless skies and adventure around every corner.

Character Sheet
Name: Edmund
HP:
The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) Left_bar_bleue900/100The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) Empty_bar_bleue  (900/100)

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 10:54 pm

I was planning on keeping this to myself for a personal edge, but since I'm on the good side, I should bring this to light (Heh heh.). There is a LIGHT Fairy called Consecrated Light. It's pretty heavy Anti-DARK, preventing Norm/Special Summon (Not Setting) and attacks from DARK Attribute cards. Should it be banned since it's even worse than a Barrier Statue?
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 11:01 pm

Erhm I guess im in darkside with Gimmick Puppets (Making this a bit more even.)
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 11:19 pm

Alright. I looked through a few things and have made me decision on a couple of cards/archtypes.

Consecrated Light was in the back of my mind when I made this but I forgot a that it also prevented normal summon as well as destruction by battle by a Dark monster. Likewise, I'm also moving to ban the use of Ally of Justice Quarantine. It's essentially another barrier statue.

I forgot to add it, but the use of dual attribute monsters such as Sphere of Chaos as well as Light and Darkness Dragon are banned.

Finally, I made my decision on archtypes. Infernity I'm moving forward on banning. Thinking about it more, if a player were to go first with Infernity they could very well control the rest of the duel without much struggle. To make things even, I am also banning a Light archtype that some may/may not be in favor for: Hieratics. Although the use of Red-Eyes Metal Darkness Dragon would in this case be banned, it's still relatively simple to turn a second turn into an OTK with all Light monsters. These bans will hopefully keep this tournament clean and somewhat original (like Don's choice of Gimmick Puppets). I'll post any further updates here if I think of them.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 11:20 pm

fluff. what about noble knights and constellars?!
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Noble Knights are only good due to the fact that their equip cards return to another Noble Knight on the field when they go. If they dead draw into more equip cards than they can handle or if you simply use Macro Cosmos the entire deck falls apart. Constellars are a pain at times but they can still be beaten. They aren't overpowered enough for me to really ban and feel good about.
Back to top Go down

Midna

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 11:46 pm

Wait. . . I didn't start up a tournament. . . . ZANT!!!

Anyhow, this sounds pretty cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 11:52 pm

I am so in~
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 12:08 am

What team/deck are you joining, Magi?
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 12:27 am

Constellars yo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 12:28 am

I am a Disciple of the Light. We shall rain down upon the darkness with the fiercest justice~
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 12:41 am

Lady of Orichalcos wrote:
I am a Disciple of the Light. We shall rain down upon the darkness with the fiercest justice~

Translation for what deck you're using pls .-.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 12:48 am

Scratch this for now, you won't let me use Lightsworns.

EDIT: Signed up. HEROSworn~

Last edited by Lady of Orichalcos on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:01 am

Well this is about to take a twist. I'm taking off the rule about banned archtypes. I don't care what you guys use so long as it sticks to being either Light or Dark attributes. I honestly want to see how this will do. If you guys were looking for using one of the banned archtypes, thank Magi.
Back to top Go down

JasonRy8

Zed

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:02 am

Joining the Light team with Bujins!
Back to top Go down

xdeathseeker187x

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:12 am

im on the dark side with vanilla dark deck

Last edited by xdeathseeker187x on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:31 am

Just so people know, this is DNCG. Anyone who doesn't know what the term signifies, it means that any cards on DN can be used for this tournament. Rose brings up a good point of how our range of cards (mostly monsters) is already shot. Inb4jeweledredarchfiendabuse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 4:17 am

I already assumed DNCG but good to clarify for everyone.
Back to top Go down

Rose la Kill

Zed

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 4:23 am

Joining, light team, Worms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 4:26 am

Anyone else amused at the fact that Evil is on the LIGHT side and Hero is on the DARK side?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)   The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Twilight Tournament (Sign ups)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next