Posts : 4045
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-10-07
Age : 27
Location : Mist Valley
|Subject: Xyz boss battle tournament (SIGN UPS) Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:25 pm|| |
First topic message reminder :
So after a bit of asking around there are two big tournaments people wanted to see: tag-team duels and xyz boss battles. I'm not sure how many people have dev for certain that we could perform tag team duels, so I'm going to start the xyz boss battle tournament.
Basically how this works is that you select one xyz of your choice. The ONLY monster allowed in your extra deck is up to 3 copies of that monster. The rest of the extra deck is to be left blank. To be declared the winner of a duel you must attempt to summon out your xyz monster sometime during the match. If you win the duel but did not attempt to summon your xyz monster it does not count. It still counts in your favor if the monster in question is Solemn'd, Bottomless'd, Torrential'd, etc. So here are going to be the rules of this tournament:
1. You must select ONE xyz monster of your choice to use. Having your deck revolve around that monster is ideal. You are to have NO other monsters in your extra deck. If anyone is caught using more than one type of extra deck monster, they're out of the tournament. Pretty simple.
2. In order to win the duel, you first must ATTEMPT to summon your xyz monster. This doesn't mean summon Tin Goldfish then special summon Celtic Guardian and get Torrential'd. This means you must overlay two existing monsters on the field and summon your xyz monster regardless of the fact if the summon of the xyz is negated or otherwise.
3. Decks and xyz monsters are locked. Once you pick an xyz monster, stick with it. Only one person can have one specific xyz monster. In other words, no 2 people can have the same xyz. However, more than one person can run the same style of deck (like two people running Dark Worlds).
4. Obviously 2014 format with the banning of exodia, burn, stall, etc etc same shit different day.
5. Any deck goes in this tournament. I'm not having another deck ban list. That doesn't mean jump on meta; I encourage originality. However, I feel the need to ban three xyz monsters that I feel EVERYONE is going to bitch about if I leave in. The use of Number 101: Silent Honor ARK, Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand, and Evilswarm Excition Knight are banned from this tournament.
6. Single hearts. You lose, you're out.
7. I don't want another inactivity problem going. I'll say it right now: Don't join this fucking tournament if you're going to say "oooo this looks cool i'm in" and then never show up again. There are certain people who know who I'm talking about. Don't join if you're going to dodge, be inactive, or otherwise. I'll take it upon myself to ban whoever I feel is being inactive.
To join, just say what xyz monster you're using. You don't need to say what type of build you're using. I feel that kind of took away from the element of surprise in my last tournaments. The tournament starts on the 21st of February. Good luck to all signing up. I may participate in this tournament, but I'm not 100% sure as of yet.
1. White Rose Dragon: Lavalval Chain
2. Chaos Lexi: Evolzar Laggia
3. Fluff Fluff: Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke
4. PimpinEveryNubInSlifer: Artifact Durandal
5. Nottu: Magi Magi Magician Gal
6. Shredder: Number 74: Master of Blades
7. Hero: Evilswarm Ophion
8. Sasukat: Constellar Pleiades
9. Killmatronix: Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
10. Superion Maximus: Superdimensional Robot Galaxy Destroyer
11. Nikosan: Number 39: Utopia Roots
12. Luckytheunlucky: Bujintei Susanowo
Last edited by Fluff Fluff on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:20 pm; edited 12 times in total