Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proof that the testing system is flawed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Twio12

Leona

Proof that the testing system is flawed Empty
PostSubject: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 1:12 am

Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Proof that the testing system is flawed Left_bar_bleue100/100Proof that the testing system is flawed Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 2:02 am

What does that pic prove
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 2:18 am

First of all that rating is in singles ANYONE can do that and that is because singles dosnt show us ur skill at all.. for all we know u can be using Burn/exodia/final countdown and winning if you get that rating in matches then i will admit your decent but for now ur a slifer nub e.e
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:
Proof that the testing system is flawed Left_bar_bleue100/100Proof that the testing system is flawed Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 11:58 am

Nice. I can crack it down.

Ok, for starters. Kira is not a Slifer leveled person, yet in Slifer. Cuz he chose it. So being slifer means nothing. Second, there's such a thing as bad luck, and such a thing as people that are better. For all you know, whoever tested you, was better, and I may hope so, actually, and you just had bad luck. Also, if I review your test results, you had a 4/20 on Rulings. I think that says enough on your skill.

All in all. Your "proof" is just that you have a rank that so many people can have. But you have it cuz you duel a lot. It's clear that our testing system isn't the best. But your argument is as invalid as Kira is a good player. Meaning. A lot.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 1:22 pm

I agree with most points presented here, but in his defence, you have to admit that Jason was using the single best deck of the format, whilst Twio was using Vampires. Broken deck vs. crappy deck.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
Proof that the testing system is flawed Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Proof that the testing system is flawed Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 2:58 pm

all this has proven is you duel alot most of the people below you have better win/loss ratios and rating means nothing to skill
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Admittedly, Jason was wrong to use a Meta deck such as Plant Ruler.Which he shouldn't have done. It's, if I'm righth, already been noted to tall testers they are not to use Meta for tests. So that issue should no longer arise.
Back to top Go down

Twiddget

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 8:52 pm

nah kira just suks so hes red k
Back to top Go down

NepNep

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Isint It Black Gold Saw Sylv? Lol
Back to top Go down

JasonRy8

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:39 pm

That was then, >_<, Its been back to Chaos for some time now. *sighs* Now if you'll excuse me.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Proof that the testing system is flawed Left_bar_bleue0/0Proof that the testing system is flawed Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:55 pm

Ight'.  Making a few points.

"Also, if I review your test results, you had a 4/20 on Rulings. I think that says enough on your skill." C.C.  - No...  That's called rulings, the skill level is for skill.  I'm actually good a rulings, but I'm not good skill wise.  This isn't a good comparison.

Also, if Jason wasn't supposed to use that deck, then we do have a problem with the our testers.  Not system, but still.  ....Bad Jason.

Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:28 am

Honestly, everyone is going about this wrong.

1. I don't support the no Meta rule and think it's utterly ridiculous.
2. Sylv, as an admin, you shouldn't say someone is bad, regardless. (Whether directly or indirectly)
3. Twio, we hired our testers for a reason. Asking us to go back on him is going to take something more than a screenshot.
4. Not "anyone" can get that rating on singles, because if they could, then all of you would be on there. Or am I wrong? and just SAYING anyone can get that, makes only an elite bunch be able to get it... think about what you say.
5. All in all, Twio needs to be retested if his tester used a deck that he wasn't allowed to, even if I do think that rule is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down

Twio12

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:39 am

First I'd just like to say I don't have a problem with Jason as a tester. The problem with this format is that the testers have to choose between playing Dragons and wrecking almost everyone who they test, or not playing Dragons and getting wrecked because everyone who they are testing is using them.

Vampires are a pretty awful deck and the reason I went with them was for the originality section (which imo shouldn't exist if the testers are using meta). From memory I got 3/10 in originality, which leads me to believe that to score highly in originality, you must play a deck which you created yourself and which practically no-one has ever seen before.

I'm not asking for a retest, I'm just putting it out there that maybe some parts of the test need reworking.

Also to the person who was worrying about me playing Burn/ Exodia / Final Countdown, I actually play Bujins and have since reached 16th on the table. Considering that everyone else at that level is playing Dragon Rulers, Mermail, Evilswarm and Infernity, that's a pretty big achievement and I'd appreciate if you guys could refrain from making outlandish claims such as "anyone can do that".
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:52 am

Dragons arent too hard to kill Neutral and your playing bujins! ITS A CAKEWALK! All those you listed are easy to beat if you put your mind to it.

Also you dont need to play a deck no one has seen before, it means your deck is a basic deck of THAT archetype.

Also ANYONE can do it. Neutral you just need to know how
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:53 am

The rules have already been made clear to Testers that Meta is not allowed for testers. Also, it's not about winning or losing to the Tester. The Tester's point is to see your skill. Jason was wrong using Dragon Ruler, but that happened, and cannot be undone now. It's clearly stated already that this is not happening again.

Originality all depends on the tester. I do not know why Jason put Vampires as 3/10 originality, but that was his impression. As for your stats. They're stats. And Bujins are more or less becoming Rulers #2, with all this support they're getting. So it's no better then the rest.

The testing system isn't flawed. In this particular case, the tester was flawed. Which happens. But is trying to be prevented.
Back to top Go down

Twiddget

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:25 am

the real question is why would someone want to be anywhere but slifer....
Back to top Go down

Rose la Kill

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:00 am

Youre all retarded..
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:02 am

The Prez has spoken!! why would you guys try to leave the best dorm Surprised
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 3:08 am

I'm actually going to refrain from posting on this topic after this, because every point that anyone here is making is truly... I'll refrain from insults too :/
Back to top Go down

clairedestroyer

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:03 am

i think the originality score is ridiculous, because it punishes people for playing yugioh. most yugioh decks, being archetype based, arent "original". in fact, yugioh has almost never been a game where "original" decks did anything. goat control? goat control had 20+ staples. cant be very original when half your deck is already decided. there is basically no way to get full originality because everyone is biased against giving it for any deck theyve seen before ever. decks that are entirely original are likely nonfunctional, which hurts your score in other areas. it tells people "hey, maybe you want to get in a higher dorm, but you better not use the deck you actually like. weve seen it before."

i think thats an element of the test that needs to be removed entirely. your only considerations should be whether the build works and whether they can use it, not whether they were ~*~special~*~ and included cards that dont work just because its original.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:56 am

Then its simple, create an original but good deck. Maybe a deck like Gadgets? Im sure that would be high originality and great to play with all the support for machine types.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Originality has been screwed down to a mere 5 points now. It's not the most important of things. True, it depends on what tester you have, and how that tester sees things, but I don't think we should remove it. It keeps people from playing Decks such as Plant Ruler for Tests. You're allowed to use it. But with the stupidity of these Dragon Rulers, or the automatism of Evilswarm and such, it's hard to see actual skill involved. Sure, the way they play it, true enough. But if you get the basics of the Deck, then you're set.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:10 pm

I lied, I'm posting again, because I agree on Twio's last post with 100% of myself.

Seriously... we need to get rid of the originality thing. If everyone could come up with a deck that is 100% original, we wouldn't be seeing Rulers dominate everything. Let me know ANYONE in Obelisk who got there with an original deck. It's all part of some archetype, or some deck that has been used before. And Sylveraine, you don't just need the "basics" of a deck. When you know the basics of a deck you're likely to screw up with it even more than when you know nothing. Why? Because, you will have your heart set on that one move the entire time, or that one card, when there is a perfectly plausible move right in front of you. Like in an Evilswarm mirror, one Rescue Rabbit in hand, your opponent has an Ophion in hand. 95% of "basic" Evilswarm players will bring out Ophion, but who is smart enough to bring out Maestroke? Those who have no mindset about the deck and can be flexible, and those who know the ins and outs of their deck.

I can go into detail on how Dragon Rulers take more skill than any deck this format except for Mermails, but then again, I'd have the entire academy raging at me. So I'll just say this: of course any basic Ruler player can simply mow down the tier 3 and rogue decks, but only a good player can use them to the highest of their power, and beat the higher level decks. Why? The options. With a thousand and one options in front of you, most Dragon players don't see every option, and then most of THEM do not know which play is most optimal, ultimately leading in a waste of resources and to your own loss.

There is a reason certain decks are used, and others are not. I'd be willing to bet you if some guy tossed a random machine deck together, he'd get full originality, and near-zero everywhere else. There is a reason Dragon Ravine is used, Ophion is used, High Priestess is used, Dracossac is used. You think people are going to toss them out to be original?

75 OD to the first person who gives me the "tier 1 decks are not fun" speech, and I'll tell you why you are wrong in every aspect of what you say when I get home from practice.

~Acidik Burnz
Back to top Go down

Mr.Kandy

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:34 pm

Oh man let's do this Acidik

Well first in my opinion, is I do think they are quite fun to use in duels, I mean who does not love winning with easy to win decks. The point is that (Ex.) Dragon Rulers take about no skill to run. A low experienced duelist can learn the ins' and outs' of Dragon Rulers in like hm? About 20 mins by just watching how people play it and actually reading the card.

Sure, you probably see the skill gap between an experienced player and a skilled player. But any player who's running a Dragon Rulers is probably going to win against any original deck. Still the problem is that they usually have a great hand or good, I run Dragon Rulers Stardust Dragon/ Assault Mode, Honestly that takes like no skill to get out stardust assault mode, usually one turn, and then its game, skill? None. Or maybe even in a regular Dragon Rulers go into Big Eye or even Draccosack you're opponent is screwed, getting those XYZ out are not hard or take any skill what so ever. And stealing their monster is prob going to screw them over, or the Draccosack wall, same scenario, screwing them over. All you do is spam the field then next thing you know GG with no skill what so ever in that win; there was no tactical thinking in what to do, that how its just played now in the new formats of Yu-Gi-Oh.

~ Part One of Kandy's rant on how Tier 1 decks take no skill.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Proof that the testing system is flawed Left_bar_bleue0/0Proof that the testing system is flawed Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 1:39 pm

I don't so much think that originality scale needs to be removed, I just think maybe (if anything) it needs to be tweaked. I understand the view point from both parties here and see the reasoning. Original should be how separate the deck is compared to whats getting popular now and it should also be based off of what cards are used in it. Take the typical dragon rulers for example. Yea, if I was a tester, I'd slap a 0 on originality right there, BUT, if they actually used a strategy I haven't yet seen with rulers or add in cards that you see few to no people use, then give it a boost. (Ex: using Yamata Dragon in ruler deck. It's a dragon, it's 7, it's fire, it's in this modern day the definition of ruler but do you see ANYONE use it?)

It's hard to really say what i'm trying to get out here, but maybe the scale just needs to be reworked. We should make up a list for every format to refer to for testing. Typically like a tier list in the sense that the higher up on the tier list you are with your deck, the less originality you'll receive. However, like I said earlier, your score could change depending on the cards you decide to use and how they compare to the typical mainstream things everyone and their mother use in their decks. We just need a compromise on this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proof that the testing system is flawed   Proof that the testing system is flawed Empty

Back to top Go down

Proof that the testing system is flawed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Testing Archive :: Test Results-