Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!


Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.
 
HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Battlin Boxers, tips?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

derpomancer

Leona

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-08
Age : 24
Location : Hell's Gates

Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 7:22 pm

I don't play this game very long, in the time i did, i learned a few things:
1. Battlin boxers' name is awesome,
2. So much XYZ
3. Yoke is killing
4. i still need to learn alot, so all tips are welcome
My current deck is rank up battlin boxers
Monsters:
1 blaster    -    infinite mst plus emergency support
3 glassjaw   -     heart and soul of bb
3 switchhitter   -   battlin boxer has alot of heart and soul
3 sparrer    -     mp2 power
3 headgeared     -    The "I will survive" guy upstarter
2 goblindbergh    -    speedy
2 masked chameleon   - instant synchro/xyz with goblindbergh and glassjaw
2 ROTA     -     my girlfriend should be jealous on this card
1 dark hole   -   big bang theory
1 torrential tribute   -   big bang theory again
2 MST    -    besides blaster just mst
1 foolish burial    -   this goes better than learning my dog to pretent to be death
1 forbidden lance
1 forbidden chalice
1 bottomless traphole
2 call of the haunted  nobody kills a battlin boxer and gets away with it
2 dimensional prison    wanna kill him, jail sentence: 1 duel
2 wiretap    -   you wanna solemn my yoke... how about no
2 xyz tap    -    compuls my yoke.. NO, dim prison my yoke,... NO
1 CED     - i do what you couldnt
1 book of moon  - bye beelze
1 solemn warning   -  i only give 1 warning(and that one will destroy it)
1 rum numeron
1 rum limited barian
EXTRA deck(doom will continue here):
1 colossal warrior, BAM1
1 stardust dragon, just try to BAM this deck
3 YOKE  The SOUL and SPIRIT will live on in yoke
1 number 101  -  like a best friend... (people hate me:P)
1 number c101  -  like a better friend...(they still do)
1 utopia
1 gagaga cowboy -  gamekiller
1 number 105 - high damage monster? you take high damage
1 nubmer c105 - high attack monster, you take even more
1 number 103 - it's a must
1 number c103 - even more
1 number c39 - utopia ray victory
1 evilswarm exciton knight (only card i dont have real life)
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

Posts : 1471
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-11-11
Age : 105
Location : The void

Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 7:41 pm

Track Fluff Fluff down, he loves these guys.




Battlin Boxers, tips? Kizan_zps661e9358

[19:36:10] Evil : I'm smexy and I know it
[19:37:02] Eren : you still think that evil 
[19:37:06] -Kira- : ur sexy and we know it~

[19:47:26] Katarina : Evil
[19:47:28] Katarina : You're a god
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Posts : 4045
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-10-07
Age : 26
Location : Mist Valley

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Battlin Boxers, tips? Left_bar_bleue0/0Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Age: 20

Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 9:13 pm

I'd cut back on Chalice and put in a Lance. Helps a lot with this deck and the ever real threat of Compuls or D prison. The Xyz Reflect I think you're better off taking out. You need some type of effect negation going on. Considering you have Wiretap present, I'd take out both Xyz Reflect for Breakthrough Skill/Fiendish Chain. 105 + C105 I don't even see the use in running. Too much effort for too little payout. Better off throwing in more staple xyz. Aside from that it looks pretty good.
Back to top Go down

derpomancer

Leona

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-08
Age : 24
Location : Hell's Gates

Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 9:39 pm

This is my real life deck, im trying to get fiendish chains, but those are sold out here  Mad 
I do really like 105 especially against strong monsters to piss them off. Malefic by example: i hit with headgeared 3k damage and then c105 and again 4k. Plus the effect of switchhitter lets me bring him back from the grave again and again.
Back to top Go down

derpomancer

Leona

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-08
Age : 24
Location : Hell's Gates

Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 pm

im looking for better xyz to put in for 105/c105, if i have bought them, ill kick it out.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Posts : 4045
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-10-07
Age : 26
Location : Mist Valley

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Battlin Boxers, tips? Left_bar_bleue0/0Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Age: 20

Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 10:31 pm

derpomancer wrote:
This is my real life deck, im trying to get fiendish chains, but those are sold out here  Mad 
I do really like 105 especially against strong monsters to piss them off. Malefic by example: i hit with headgeared 3k damage and then c105 and again 4k. Plus the effect of switchhitter lets me bring him back from the grave again and again.

Malefics are barely used anymore. Rarely in the current state of the game are you going to see massive beaters like Obelisk, Malefic, or FGD to make 105 useful. Yea Hitter can bring 105 back but its gonna be pretty useless without materials unless you bring it back while you have a Rank-Up card. Tbh I'd throw in Number 80 and maybe another synchro if necessary. Scrap Dragon is always a fun one.
Back to top Go down

derpomancer

Leona

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-08
Age : 24
Location : Hell's Gates

Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 9:31 am

im now trying that dweller with number 80. Especially number 80 fits in nice, dweller depends on the opponent's deck(it is nice against my deck-.-')
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Posts : 4045
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-10-07
Age : 26
Location : Mist Valley

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Battlin Boxers, tips? Left_bar_bleue0/0Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Age: 20

Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Dweller pays off heavily. Its an essential rank 4 to run despite the situationalness. You summon that v Bujin, Artifacts, or Hands and they're done.
Back to top Go down

derpomancer

Leona

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-08
Age : 24
Location : Hell's Gates

Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 4:37 pm

or battlin boxer -.-', but it is nice. I still do like the xyz reflect, since i always have xyz's on the field, it doesnt matter if it is a spell, trap or monster effect, it just kills. If it doesnt target it usually destroys, but destruction is not a problem with this deck.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Posts : 4045
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-10-07
Age : 26
Location : Mist Valley

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Battlin Boxers, tips? Left_bar_bleue0/0Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Age: 20

Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 10:12 pm

derpomancer wrote:
or battlin boxer -.-', but it is nice. I still do like the xyz reflect, since i always have xyz's on the field, it doesnt matter if it is a spell, trap or monster effect, it just kills. If it doesnt target it usually destroys, but destruction is not a problem with this deck.

Its preference really. Most spells you don't have to worry about as much anymore, Wiretap takes care of traps AND sends them back to the deck which in a lot of cases screws them over if they topdeck into it again since it'll be a late game thing that may not help anymore, and Breakthrough stops effects. Xys Reflect is decent but I don't put my money on it only because of the fact that I NEED an xyz for it to be good.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Posts : 1244
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2013-10-25
Age : 21
Location : Australia

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:
Battlin Boxers, tips? Left_bar_bleue100/100Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Age: 12

Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 2:23 pm

I know it was yesterday but Derpomancer, please do not double-post, if you have anything you wish to add please simply edit your original reply and add the additional comments there.

Thank you.

P.S. I would help out here but I don't know much about Battlin' Boxers, they really are Fluffs line of expertise, much like mine is Geargias and Fire Fists.


Battlin Boxers, tips? D1cHY1V

Battlin Boxers, tips? Darkso10

Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

Posts : 580
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-05-05

Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:25 pm

Provide dn deck screenshot for more direct advice please. You need 3 breakthrough 3 lance 3 wiretap, I'm not debating this. Warrior returning alive is an amazing tech, makes for perfect comebacks. Karma cut/pwwb. I prefer karma cut in boxers because pwwb just stops a threat once, karma cut gets rid of it permanently, any other deck and you should just go with pwwb. The boxer that ss himself from hand and makes you waste bp is terrible, horrendous, plz no. Try to focus on just spamming the one who ss's from grave. The space you waste on that shitty boxer could be used much more efficiently. Call of the haunted is NOT a good card here. Run blaster, he's actually pretty decent for getting rid of shit a 2200 atk monster can't. I Myself don't even run headgear because he's slow lol. summoner monk is nice (Or atleast in my build because i only ran jaw and hitter).

So as general advice try to focus on ss from grave and recycling from grave. You need some monster killin which is why i recommended pwwb/karma/blaster. I honestly don't see the point of rank-up boxers though, i think the regular ones will run much more efficiently. If you're going with the rank-up idea then you need instant fusion (noden if ur ocg). Boxers are meant to be built the way you want because there are soooo many ways to go. Hope i could help, and yeah try to stalk fluff fgt on dn. He's like not terribad with boxers.


Battlin Boxers, tips? PYe8R
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Posts : 4045
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-10-07
Age : 26
Location : Mist Valley

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Battlin Boxers, tips? Left_bar_bleue0/0Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Age: 20

Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Potato wrote:
Provide dn deck screenshot for more direct advice please. You need 3 breakthrough 3 lance 3 wiretap, I'm not debating this. Warrior returning alive is an amazing tech, makes for perfect comebacks. Karma cut/pwwb. I prefer karma cut in boxers because pwwb just stops a threat once, karma cut gets rid of it permanently, any other deck and you should just go with pwwb. The boxer that ss himself from hand and makes you waste bp is terrible, horrendous, plz no. Try to focus on just spamming the one who ss's from grave. The space you waste on that shitty boxer could be used much more efficiently. Call of the haunted is NOT a good card here. Run blaster, he's actually pretty decent for getting rid of shit a 2200 atk monster can't. I Myself don't even run headgear because he's slow lol. summoner monk is nice (Or atleast in my build because i only ran jaw and hitter).

So as general advice try to focus on ss from grave and recycling from grave. You need some monster killin which is why i recommended pwwb/karma/blaster. I honestly don't see the point of rank-up boxers though, i think the regular ones will run much more efficiently. If you're going with the rank-up idea then you need instant fusion (noden if ur ocg). Boxers are meant to be built the way you want because there are soooo many ways to go. Hope i could help, and yeah try to stalk fluff fgt on dn. He's like not terribad with boxers.

Sparrer and Headgeared really aren't that bad imo. What do you even run in place of those? They're my way of making something aside from Lead Yoke. Hitter pretty much says "you're only making Lead Yoke" with his effect but Sparrer does open up other options despite losing bp. Sometimes you can play around it too. I usually toss it out in mp2 if I can help it. It's not as bad as you'd think.

P.S. Fuck Karma Cut I still hate that card p_p
Back to top Go down

derpomancer

Leona

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-08
Age : 24
Location : Hell's Gates

Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Sorry potato, i totally agree with fluff fluff, and what you aren't debating: IM DEFINITELY DEBATING.
I tried warrior returning alive for a while, but figured, that glassjaw does same but better and it took space.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content



Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlin Boxers, tips?   Battlin Boxers, tips? Empty

Back to top Go down
 

Battlin Boxers, tips?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Dorm Archive :: Ra Yellow :: Dormitory-