Posts : 4045 Reputation : 9 Join date : 2013-10-07 Age : 27 Location : Mist Valley
Character Sheet Name: Fluff HP: (0/0) Age: 20
Subject: The Orichalcos Tournament (Sign ups) Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:14 pm
First topic message reminder :
I was talking a bit on the staff forum last night about this idea and now I think I have a solid layout enough in order to host the sign ups. I bring you: The Orichalcos Tournament!
So what does this tournament entail? Season 4 of the original yugioh series involved Yugi and his friends facing an evil known as the Seal of Orichalcos under the control of Dartz. This will be similar to my Twilight tournament in the sense of two teams: the evil Orichalcos side and the side of heros fighting against this evil. We're gonna combine the old feel of dueling like the anime with the modern style of playing. There will be new rules and regulations so that nothing is entirely broken. So let's take a look at our rules:
1. This tournament will install what is known as the Hydra system of leadership. Each side will have a leader (who I will decide upon myself). This'll give it a feel of the whole Yugi vs Dartz conflict. If the leader of one team loses, another will be appointed. I was going to do this similar to chess where if the leader goes the team loses but that's half retarded ._. Basically the leader doesn't affect much, but it's for dramatics.
2. The Orichalcos team will draw the Seal of Orichalcos on their first turn. Say player A (Orichalcos duelist) goes first. In their first 6 cards the Seal of Orichalcos is not present. They will replace the card they drew for their first draw phase with the Seal from their deck. It DOES have to be activated on the first turn and it must be active for one to win a duel and claim a soul. If a duel is won without the Seal being on the field, it will not count (much like my xyz tournament of not summoning the xyz).
3. The format of these duels will be matches without siding. Did you ever see Yugi with a side deck? Didn't think so. I was going to do singles but that fucks people over hard if they have dead draws and I want these to be good duels. We'll just say the Seal needs two wins to claim a soul here.
4. No extra deck cards are allowed. This would put the Seal of Orichalcos team at a major disadvantage if we allowed this. Season 4 ran at a time before Synchros/Xyz were even created. I want to bring back this old feeling of dueling with original decks that don't require an extra deck to duel. This'll make this tournament very creative.
5. No "Malefic" monsters. For the reason I stated above, Malefics would become overpowered since the Seal will most definitely be on the field every duel. Yea Cyber End and Stardust would be impossible to use thanks to the 4th rule, but there's still Malefic Rainbow Dragon. That's op here ._.
6. The hero/rebel player cannot negate the activation of the Seal of Orichalcos as well as they cannot play a field spell to override it. The Seal also cannot be removed from the field by any means once activated. It was invincible in the anime and we intend to keep it that way. Sure, this gives the Orichalcos team a field disadvantage but with great risk comes great reward. If the rebel team defeats an Orichalcos duelist, that rebel will receive 200 OD for their win on the spot. It may be slightly more difficult to win, but it can yield great OD. The Orichalcos team will also receive 100 OD per kill, to make it slightly evenish.
7. Basic rules. No exodia/burn/stall/empty jar/FTKs, etc. Don't join if you're gonna be inactive as fuck. OCG/TCG. Decks locked. All I'm sayin'.
The winning team's remaining members will receive a 1 week glow. Whose side will you choose? Will you try to defeat this soul stealing evil, or will you take the power for yourself and unleash the might of the Seal? The choice is yours.
To join, post your user and DN name below as well as what side you're joining.
Hero team: Don Patch/Don Patch! Hero/Orange Spark (leader) Ryuk/~Shredder~ Superion Maximus/Muh1 Laughking/[Destruction] Lord Rose La Kill/White Rose Dragon
Orichalcos team: Killmatronix/Killmatronix1999 Darksoul/ [TDL] Darksoul (leader) Fluff Fluff/Fluff Fluff Ventriloquist/DuelOni The RealDeal/The ReadDeal L/IuseSpiritz Mr. Kandy/SkullKandy2400
Subject: Re: The Orichalcos Tournament (Sign ups) Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:55 am
Starting the onion fairies as a secret team. All of my winnings will be split among the other onion fairies. Members from either side may join the Onion Fairies. Onion fairies are not to duel each other until the others are eliminated. Once everyone other then the Onion Fairies has been eliminated any winnings will be split between the remaining Onion Fairies (other then penis). Consider it an alliance, nothing wrong with it
Superion Maximus Leona
Posts : 3080 Reputation : 3 Join date : 2013-09-21 Age : 24 Location : Cybertron
Character Sheet Name: Superion HP: (1000/1000) Age: 2 million
Subject: Re: The Orichalcos Tournament (Sign ups) Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:59 am
Guest owes me money!
[06:28:59] C.C. : Hero. Muh may be a troll. But the man knowxs damned well how to duel. [06:29:03] C.C. : Why isn't he in?
[22:24:47 19/04/14] * Superion Maximus bitchslaps all of u [22:25:11 19/04/14] DarkSoul : That bitchslap echoed throughout all space and summoned Palkia My favourite images