Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Since when are Constellars meta?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Kyonaru

Zed

Since when are Constellars meta? Empty
PostSubject: Since when are Constellars meta?   Since when are Constellars meta? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 5:11 pm

As the title says... since when?

Here's your answer: since never.
They have never topped anything as far as I know, and they're incredibly inconsistent. The only thing they really rely on is the Side Deck game 2/3, and they suck in singles. You have a pretty high chance of losing even if you open broke, and the deck dies heavily to backrow.

The only reason people think they're Meta is because they can easily disrupt the opponent's plays in the hands of a skilled player, and they're a bad matchup for pretty much any Xyz-centered deck (Verz, Wind-Up, Dino/Macro Rabbit, etc).

What do you think?
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Since when are Constellars meta? Left_bar_bleue100/100Since when are Constellars meta? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Since when are Constellars meta?   Since when are Constellars meta? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 5:21 pm

I agree to basically every point.
I have started to play Constellars since they came out, and whilst they can be deadly with the right side deck, on their own, they cannot do much. If you really open broken with them, you are going to win, though, assuming your opponent did not open broken. Backrow is a problem, although if you can get an Omega out early, you are save for a few big plays.
But they actually did top 8 and 16 in a few smaller tournaments.

I would actually say that they are a late Anti-Meta. In the last format, they would have been awesome against Wind-Ups and Dino-/Macro-Rabbit, but in the current format, they won't have a chance, considering that the top decks are Incarnate Dragons and Judgment Prophecy. Verz is the new anti-meta, with Ophion against Dragons and Eradicator Virus against Prophecy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Since when are Constellars meta?   Since when are Constellars meta? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:45 pm

I've beaten soooo many guys with ophion it's redicoulous you get pandemic i try to pop with something you use pandemic the you can use to get pandemic but i can swarm the field or you can choos not to add pandemic and i pop it. On the other hand i need blaster and another fire monster and your ophion goes boom.

P.S. I agree with kyo on constellar part. I think i never lost to them(maybe once or twice don't remember clearly,and not only with e-drags).
Back to top Go down

Archon Dark Heart

Leona

Location : somewhere, riding on the back of valkoor the luck dragon

PostSubject: Re: Since when are Constellars meta?   Since when are Constellars meta? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:56 pm

what do you mean they are inconsistent? i mean occasionally i get a shit hand but most of the time they work great for me. i do great in singles, in fact with my constellars i managed to beat jammy 2 times in a row. then he did another deck and i only lost from a combination of a bit of bad luck and he was using burning knucklers. my style doesn't work well against the knucklers. and i almost never need to side cards. i do agree with the disruptiveness, but i think overall you got this a large bit off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silvermoondrow.blogspot.com

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Since when are Constellars meta?   Since when are Constellars meta? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:02 pm

Archon Dark Heart wrote:
what do you mean they are inconsistent? i mean occasionally i get a shit hand but most of the time they work great for me. i do great in singles, in fact with my constellars i managed to beat jammy 2 times in a row. then he did another deck and i only lost from a combination of a bit of bad luck and he was using burning knucklers. my style doesn't work well against the knucklers. and i almost never need to side cards. i do agree with the disruptiveness, but i think overall you got this a large bit off.
You don't always get Pollux/Algiedi/ROTA + Kaus/Tenki in hand. The fact that you need a combo of 2 cards to really do anything impressive (unless you're running the Control build, just summon Rai-Oh and sit on it) makes the deck pretty damn inconsistent. I mean, look at it this way: with Constellars, you need 2 cards to summon 1 Xyz that can easily be killed by anything over 2500 or 1 backrow. With last format Wind-Ups, you needed 2 cards to OTK or make Shock Master and lock down your opponent 1st turn. See where I'm getting?
The fact that you win duels against lower tier decks doesn't make the deck consistent. Not at all. Try playing against E-Dragons/Prophecy, and you'll see what I mean.
Back to top Go down

Archon Dark Heart

Leona

Location : somewhere, riding on the back of valkoor the luck dragon

PostSubject: Re: Since when are Constellars meta?   Since when are Constellars meta? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:04 pm

if you dont beleive its power then i challenge you to a match. then we'll see who's right
Back to top Go down
http://www.silvermoondrow.blogspot.com

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Since when are Constellars meta?   Since when are Constellars meta? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Archon Dark Heart wrote:
if you dont beleive its power then i challenge you to a match. then we'll see who's right
I'm not sure if you've seen the war my team had against Gallows' team, but every single one of the wins I got was with Constellars.
I'm not saying they're bad. I'm also not saying they can't do anything. The only thing I'm saying, is that they cannot make any big plays if they don't have the required specific cards.
As I said in the OP, they can be pretty deadly in the hands of a skilled player, although still not good enough.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Since when are Constellars meta? Left_bar_bleue84/84Since when are Constellars meta? Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Since when are Constellars meta?   Since when are Constellars meta? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:41 am

I didn't know they were considered Meta by anyone.
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Since when are Constellars meta?   Since when are Constellars meta? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:41 am

Nottu wrote:
I didn't know they were considered Meta by anyone.
Some people do think they're overpowered. :/
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Since when are Constellars meta? Left_bar_bleue84/84Since when are Constellars meta? Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Since when are Constellars meta?   Since when are Constellars meta? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:43 am

I think they're just a powerful deck. They make good plays and can be very good. But they are no where near as OP as other decks, like Evilswarms and E Dragons.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Since when are Constellars meta?   Since when are Constellars meta? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Nottu wrote:
I think they're just a powerful deck. They make good plays and can be very good. But they are no where near as OP as other decks, like Evilswarms and E Dragons.

Constellar are just as good as Evilswarms. Hell, Kyo crushed me with his!
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Since when are Constellars meta? Left_bar_bleue100/100Since when are Constellars meta? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Since when are Constellars meta?   Since when are Constellars meta? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:08 pm

funny thing is nothing is meta...untill they are released AND TOP EVENTS both are required to be called a meta or tier 1 deck...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Since when are Constellars meta?   Since when are Constellars meta? Empty

Back to top Go down

Since when are Constellars meta?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1