Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2   Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:00 pm

So I have more questions about Mist Valley Thunder Lord.

1. Say I have Thunder Lord, Scrap Dragon, and one set trap while my opponent controls Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Scrap Dragon activates it's effect to destroy my set trap and my opponents dragon. If I chain Thunder Lord's effect to return my set trap to my hand to evade destruction from Scrap, will my opponents dragon still die?

2. Say my opponent controls Lead Yoke and I have Thunder Lord while I also have a set Compulsory Evacuation Device. I activate Evacuation Device to bounce Lead Yoke back to the extra deck. If I chain Thunder Lord's effect to return my Compuls back to my hand, will it's effect still resolve thus bouncing Lead Yoke back to the hand?
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2   Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:30 pm

1. "If one of this card’s targets for destruction is no longer on the field when this effect resolves or cannot be destroyed when this effect resolves, the other card is still destroyed.[1]"
Yeah, Blue-eyes would be destroyed

2. "If you activate a card that does not remain on the field after activation like a Normal/Quickplay Spell Card or a Normal Trap Card, then you cannot Chain the effect of "Mist Valley Thunder Lord" and target the activated card."

Nope, you can't. I wasn't sure of the 2nd one. I assumed it worked like this but wanted to make sure. But yeah, hope that helped
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:
Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2   Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:36 pm

Sasu is right on both. But again he's faster then me. ;-;
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2   Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 10:57 pm

Even if Sasu is faster I'm sure you woulda helped me a bunch too Syl :3 So say I were to activate a monster effect like Battlin' Boxer Switchitter when hes summoned (referring to all ignition effects in general at this point) and I chained Mist Valley Thunder Lord's effect to it, would Switchitter's effect still go through? Kinda like if Switch is destroyed/banished by Bottomless Trap Hole it's effect would go through?
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2   Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 11:01 pm

It is not Ignition. Such effects, like Caius the Shadow Monarch, are triggers. And yes, they would still resolve. Since they do not need to remain face-up on the field in order to resolve.

Last edited by Sylveraine on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2   Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 11:03 pm

I always mix those two up ;-; But thank you very much :3 I'm attempting to max out the abuse I can deal with Mist Valley Thunder Lord. Soon Mist Valley will be 2014 meta tier 0 with all these new tricks i'm thinking up :3
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2   Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 12:24 am

Well. Best of luck with that. Hope you'll get far.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2   Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 2:25 am

While we're on the subjects of Mist Valley monsters, I want to also check one thing. It is correct to assume that Mist Condor is an inherent special summon and such my opponent can't chain Maxx "C" to it? Like here's my scenario: I have a face up Mist Valley Falcon and Divine Wind of Mist Valley on my side of the field with Condor in my hand. I attempt to return Falcon to my hand to summon Condor and thus activating my field spells effect. Is there any point in there to which my opponent could chain Maxx "C" ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2   Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling part 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1