Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling Left_bar_bleue0/0Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling Empty
PostSubject: Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling   Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 4:09 pm

So in my attempt at making a good deck revolving around Mist Valley without ninja support, one of my best cards seems to be Mist Valley Thunder Lord, an easy synchro to get out with the Mist Valley monsters in my deck.

Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling MistValleyThunderLordHA02-EN-ScR-1E

Since it has a quick effect, it can be easily abused in multiple situations. If your opponent attacks a monster you control, use Thunder Lord to bounce it back to your hand and save it. If you opponent uses MST on your divine wind, use Thunder Lord to bounce it and make them waste their spell. My question is the extent to which I can use this card, so my thoughts are:

1. Considering this is a quick effect, can I use it the same as people use MST at the end phase? Say for example I have my divine wind field spell, a Mist Valley Soldier, and Thunder Lord on the field, plus it's my opponent's end phase. During their end phase, can I use Thunder Lord's effect to bounce my soldier back and thus activate divine wind during the end phase, even though really Thunder Lord's attack boost will go away instantly?

2. Say for example I have fiendish chain on the field attached to my opponents Ally of Justice Catastor while I control my Thunder Lord. If I attack with Thunder Lord and during the damage step I use it's effect to bounce back fiendish chain before impact with Catastor, will Thunder Lord successfully destroy it? (I would assume yes because it bypasses Catastor's effect that takes place at the START of the damage step)

3. Are there any other situations you can think of where I could use it's effect to it's fullest extent?
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling Left_bar_bleue100/100Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling   Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:19 pm

1)Yeah, you can activate it during end phase.

2)Yep, as when you attack at start of damage step Catastor will activate, and chain will negate. Then after that before Damage Calculation you can bounce chain and all will be good, as long as you don't decide to be bad and chain Lord's effect to Catastor's effect.

3)Once per turn when you're being attacked, if you wait till the damage step and then bounce the monster that's battling, the attack is cancelled and your opponent does not get to do a replay.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling Left_bar_bleue0/0Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling   Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:26 pm

Can always count on you Sasu :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling   Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling Empty

Back to top Go down

Mist Valley Thunder Lord ruling

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Miscellaneous Archive :: Off Topic-