Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work. Left_bar_bleue0/0A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work. Empty
PostSubject: A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work.   A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work. EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:54 am

So yesterday I attempted to make a Mist Valley Ninja deck. I can happily report that the deck has been thrown into the virtual wood-chipper and will never be used again. Really all I wanted from that deck was to make a deck around the wind attribute and I think this time I did half decent. I went through a bit of testing with it to come to the conclusion that some of my best ideas for the deck turned out more hurtful than helpful. So far this is what we've got:

A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work. MDiuVdl

Thunder king rai-oh: 1
Genex ally birdmman: 1
Summoner monk: 2
Mist valley falcon: 3
Mist valley soldier: 3
Mist valley thunderbird: 2
Mist condor: 3
Cockadoodledoo: 1 (I know, I could do better :c)
Windrose the elemental lord: 1

Dark hole: 1
Mind control: 1
Swallow's nest: 2
Divine wind of mist valley: 3
Quill pen of gulldos: 2
Pot of duality: 3
Terraforming: 2

Compulsory evacuation device: 1
Solemn warning: 1
Icarus attack: 2
Fiendish chain: 3
Call of the haunted: 1
Begone, Knave!: 1

Side deck: Full of random ideas
Extra deck: Even more random ideas

So I know what people are going to say already so let me shoot down a few popular ideas that I know i'll be told about:

Tempest, dragon ruler of storms: No. Wanted to use it with apex to make rank 7s but since I can't even summon apex, there's no point to running this.

Mist valley apex avian: Nearly impossible to get out without a ninja build. Would love to do the apex/thunderbird lock but I can rarely even summon apex let alone get thunderbird on the field with it.

Ninjas: The whole idea of running like 15+ traps to clutter up my field and hope for drawing falcon to reuse them just seems like a waste of time.

I'm really not sure where to go from here. I don't expect this to go head to head with tier 0 and 1 decks but I'd like it if it could hold it's own against majority of decks. It works decent for itself. Mist condor + divine wind can really setup an easy chidori or stardust summon let alone what I can do with falcon during the battle phase. This deck has gotten some nice wins and I'd like to see it work even better. Mist Valley cards on their own seem like a unique archtype but they lack many people who know how to use them effectively without ninja support. What do you guys think? What could be done here?
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work. Left_bar_bleue0/0A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work.   A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work. EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 6:20 pm

I edited it a little bit to add cards that aren't so situational but still can work with the general strategy of Mist Valley. Swords of revealing light can be reused much like fiendish chain with falcon's effect and book of moon is never a bad card to throw in. I'm still trying to find some decent monsters though. Cockadoodledoo is just kind of there and not sure what to use with it. It does help make an easy level 8 synchro but I feel I could do better. Same goes for thunder king rai-oh: it's a good card but I feel I could do better. Any suggestions would be helpful ;-;

The deck currently: A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work. 4fQ2Ui5
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work.   A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work. EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:06 pm

This thing is really coming along well. Even though nobody is posting in this forum i'll at least keep it updated ;-; Thanks to Sasukat and his work together helping to build this, the deck has really been doing great for itself. Ironically, with our earthbound tournament going on, I faced a random earthbound duelist. Needless to say, Mist Valley > Earthbound Immortal. We had another duel after this screenshot and I ended up winning 7-0 and quit after since I think I crushed his every hopes and dreams about his Earthbound deck :c

A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work. SxXVOPS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work.   A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work. Empty

Back to top Go down

A Mist Valley deck WITHOUT NINJAS. Let's make this work.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1