Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cards You think are Broken.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. Left_bar_bleue100/100Cards You think are Broken. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Cards You think are Broken. Empty
PostSubject: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 12:55 am

Hi,

We all think some cards are broken. Some we don't, simply because we think they even themselves out. I made this topic to see what you guys think about certain cards Very Happy. Don't care if it's already banned or if it's not.

Here you will figure out why some cards are banned, and why some cards aren't banned. Or Why some cards SHOULD be banned. (Warning, you post it here get ready to be bombarded by at least 4 other opinions.)

But...I need someone other than me to start Very Happy . Any Volunteers?
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. Left_bar_bleue100/100Cards You think are Broken. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:02 am

BAN MAHA VAILO!!! :V
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. Left_bar_bleue0/0Cards You think are Broken. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:03 am

I'm gonna answer all of your question in 1 link, js.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Reasons_why_cards_are_Forbidden/Limited
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:05 am

/ban Don Patchlingenlingenling
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:08 am

This is not only for banned cards. It's cards you think are broken. So....Fluff you didnt cover most of it Very Happy .
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 2:32 am

Yea dragged down.

Baaaaaaannnnnnnnn!

Reason: Of all the cheap, underhanded methods of dueling. Exodia, burn, stall, deck out. Etc. Fucking with MY hand has got to be my most hated method of dueling. It's very dishonorable.
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. Left_bar_bleue0/0Cards You think are Broken. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 2:56 am

Don Patch wrote:
This is not only for banned cards. It's cards you think are broken. So....Fluff you didnt cover most of it Very Happy .

You want a broken card? Beelze. Reasoning? It's so easy to make it's ridiculous. "o but u need dark monster" Well I can't tell you how easy it is to setup a rank 4 xyz (one of which being Armageddon to mill Plague or Malicious) to make Lavalval Chain to mill the other then Beelze first turn. If you don't have a way to negate the summon, bounce it, banish it, or otherwise, you're fucked.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 4:29 am

Fluff Fluff wrote:
Don Patch wrote:

You want a broken card? Beelze. Reasoning? It's so easy to make it's ridiculous. "o but u need dark monster" Well I can't tell you how easy it is to setup a rank 4 xyz (one of which being Armageddon to mill Plague or Malicious) to make Lavalval Chain to mill the other then Beelze first turn. If you don't have a way to negate the summon, bounce it, banish it, or otherwise, you're fucked.

Ventriloquist wrote:
Yea dragged down.

Baaaaaaannnnnnnnn!

Reason: Of all the cheap, underhanded methods of dueling. Exodia, burn, stall, deck out. Etc. Fucking with MY hand has got to be my most hated method of dueling. It's very dishonorable.

There we go!

I got one. Zenmaity. I love it to death, but even 1 can kill you... Gives Wind-Ups the ability to SS to death. Combine it with hunter, you also lose your hand. And if your fortunate enough to get out shock master #NoStoppinMeNow. Doesn't even need them to be wind-up monsters. Which would make it slightly less worse....but not enough.

Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. Left_bar_bleue84/84Cards You think are Broken. Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 8:19 am

Broken cards eh?

Soul Charge.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:02 am

1k for each monster is expensive. it's not broken
Back to top Go down

DracoKnight

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Draco
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. Left_bar_bleue410/500Cards You think are Broken. Empty_bar_bleue  (410/500)

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:28 pm

Broken Card: Number 54. to OP.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:38 pm

bs. number 54 is harmless
Back to top Go down

DracoKnight

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. Left_bar_bleue410/500Cards You think are Broken. Empty_bar_bleue  (410/500)

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:47 pm

look at it's effect.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:55 pm

like i've never seen the card. it's not good. useless after the materials were detached. not good atk, can easily be fucked through other means etc etc. just too hard to gather 3 lv 1 monsters for it. i would rather run law of the normal
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Cards You think are Broken. Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 2:04 pm

effect negation is popular for a reason XD

54 is not broken its just too easy to kill
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:07 pm

Killmatronix wrote:
like i've never seen the card. it's not good. useless after the materials were detached. not good atk, can easily be fucked through other means etc etc. just too hard to gather 3 lv 1 monsters for it. i would rather run law of the normal

Would it surprise you if I do run it in Law of the Normal?
Back to top Go down

DracoKnight

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 6:06 pm

it's my personal opinion. deal with it.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. Left_bar_bleue84/84Cards You think are Broken. Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 6:55 pm

Killmatronix wrote:

Not on its own no, but the things you can do with it make it so.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 10:06 pm

Nottu wrote:
Killmatronix wrote:

Not on its own no, but the things you can do with it make it so.

Nottu is correct. This card is brokenish, and very much annoying Neutral . At least reborn cant bring back multiple monsters....
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 11:19 pm

But Reborn doesn't make you pay 1k lifepoints. Reborn is a simple return of some monster to the field. Soul Charge is a much better version with a lot bigger drawbacks. Unless you have enough lifepoints to get by, using this card is utterly bad. Drawing into this late game when you don't have more than 2000 lifepoints would be the same concept as drawing into Solemn when your lifepoints are like 1500. Not to mention the lack of battle phase. I really don't see this as broken as people think.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
But Reborn doesn't make you pay 1k lifepoints. Reborn is a simple return of some monster to the field. Soul Charge is a much better version with a lot bigger drawbacks. Unless you have enough lifepoints to get by, using this card is utterly bad. Drawing into this late game when you don't have more than 2000 lifepoints would be the same concept as drawing into Solemn when your lifepoints are like 1500. Not to mention the lack of battle phase. I really don't see this as broken as people think.

True, but at least Reborn can't set up as many plays as this can. Even though, I do admit, It sets up a ton of them Very Happy .

Imagine if you could battle phase though....
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 3:05 am

If you were allowed to battle phase THEN I'd say this card is broken. Hell you just need to bring back a few vanilla beaters and you would have game at that point. This card can setup good plays nonetheless. If you're desperate to get rid of something like Beelze and neither you or your opponent have many good plays left at least this can be a 1 card Silent Honor Ark. That's not to say that this wouldn't be as easy to Torrential Tribute. I mean this card can also setup Quasar in place of Rekindling now in Lavals but you're talking 4-5k lifepoints for it. I just don't see how this card is worth it.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:16 am

Fluff Fluff wrote:
If you were allowed to battle phase THEN I'd say this card is broken. Hell you just need to bring back a few vanilla beaters and you would have game at that point. This card can setup good plays nonetheless. If you're desperate to get rid of something like Beelze and neither you or your opponent have many good plays left at least this can be a 1 card Silent Honor Ark. That's not to say that this wouldn't be as easy to Torrential Tribute. I mean this card can also setup Quasar in place of Rekindling now in Lavals but you're talking 4-5k lifepoints for it. I just don't see how this card is worth it.

Decks that can skip 1 turn of a battle phase can use it to simply keep field advantage. Also, if you have quasar and your opponent has nothing good enough to stop you, this card helps a ton for that. Torrential is limited, so it's not a good idea for this really....(But i always seem to have it around when they draw into it.)
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:27 am

Tbh I think Torrential Tribute is going to come off the limited list. That or people are gonna start maining Needle Ceiling. Between all of this mass summoning going around between this card and Pendulum summoning I can see cards like that becoming common. It helps setup a field sure, but is it worth half your lp or more? I really don't think so. If that plan fails you have NOTHING to fall back on prob + your lifepoints will be significantly drained.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:48 am

Fluff Fluff wrote:
Tbh I think Torrential Tribute is going to come off the limited list. That or people are gonna start maining Needle Ceiling. Between all of this mass summoning going around between this card and Pendulum summoning I can see cards like that becoming common. It helps setup a field sure, but is it worth half your lp or more? I really don't think so. If that plan fails you have NOTHING to fall back on prob + your lifepoints will be significantly drained.

Same, we are gonna need it eventually. OR we will have to lock down Special summons. Which.... I doubt will happen Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cards You think are Broken.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next