Posts : 4045
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-10-07
Age : 27
Location : Mist Valley
|Subject: The Orichalcos Tournament (tournament thread) Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:42 am|| |
First topic message reminder :
This thread is for when the Orichalcos tournament starts. It's up to someone else who can unlock topics if they feel everyone is ready to start the tournament ahead of time, but ultimately I scheduled it to be started Friday. Just know that I can't really take part in anything until probably Sunday due to personal life reasons. If someone wants to start it early and edit the thread as people are eliminated, idgaf. I just need to post this now because I know for a fact I won't have the time come the next 3 days.
May the Orichalcos be with you,
1. This tournament will install what is known as the Hydra system of leadership. Each side will have a leader (who I will decide upon myself). This'll give it a feel of the whole Yugi vs Dartz conflict. If the leader of one team loses, another will be appointed. I was going to do this similar to chess where if the leader goes the team loses but that's half retarded ._. Basically the leader doesn't affect much, but it's for dramatics.
2. The Orichalcos team will draw the Seal of Orichalcos on their first turn. Say player A (Orichalcos duelist) goes first. In their first 6 cards the Seal of Orichalcos is not present. They will replace the card they drew for their first draw phase with the Seal from their deck. It DOES have to be activated on the first turn and it must be active for one to win a duel and claim a soul. If a duel is won without the Seal being on the field, it will not count (much like my xyz tournament of not summoning the xyz).
3. The format of these duels will be matches without siding. Did you ever see Yugi with a side deck? Didn't think so. I was going to do singles but that fucks people over hard if they have dead draws and I want these to be good duels. We'll just say the Seal needs two wins to claim a soul here.
4. No extra deck cards are allowed. This would put the Seal of Orichalcos team at a major disadvantage if we allowed this. Season 4 ran at a time before Synchros/Xyz were even created. I want to bring back this old feeling of dueling with original decks that don't require an extra deck to duel. This'll make this tournament very creative.
5. No "Malefic" monsters. For the reason I stated above, Malefics would become overpowered since the Seal will most definitely be on the field every duel. Yea Cyber End and Stardust would be impossible to use thanks to the 4th rule, but there's still Malefic Rainbow Dragon. That's op here ._.
6. The hero/rebel player cannot negate the activation of the Seal of Orichalcos as well as they cannot play a field spell to override it. The Seal also cannot be removed from the field by any means once activated. It was invincible in the anime and we intend to keep it that way. Sure, this gives the Orichalcos team a field disadvantage but with great risk comes great reward. If the rebel team defeats an Orichalcos duelist, that rebel will receive 200 OD for their win on the spot. It may be slightly more difficult to win, but it can yield great OD. The Orichalcos team will also receive 100 OD per kill, to make it slightly evenish.
7. Basic rules. No exodia/burn/stall/empty jar/FTKs, etc. Don't join if you're gonna be inactive as fuck. OCG/TCG. Decks locked. All I'm sayin'.
Hero/Orange Spark (1 win) Don Patch/Don Patch! (leader) (quit) Ryuk/~Shredder~ Superion Maximus/Muh1 (3 wins) Laughking/[Destruction] Lord (inactive) Rose La Kill/White Rose Dragon
Darksoul/ [TDL] Darksoul
Fluff Fluff/Fluff Fluff Ventriloquist/DuelOni The RealDeal/The ReadDeal
L/IuseSpiritz (3 wins)(leader)
Last edited by Fluff Fluff on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:25 am; edited 9 times in total