Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokemon showdown roleplay idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  Left_bar_bleue0/0Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:00 am

So I've been thinking about a roleplay using pokemon showdown (since not all of us have pokemon X/Y). I was thinking we could have multiple areas like the Hunger Games hosted by Pride. The plot could be something multiple trainers have been gathered by an unknown person and they compete for the scheme of said person. Kinda sounds like the first pokemon movie in a sense .-. But the leader of all of this wouldn't be Mewtwo. That's just a thought all and all. I'm more so looking for your inputs on this. If I'm going to host this I want to make sure that people have an idea that is commonly liked. So I ask all of you:

1. If this were to happen, what kind of plot should it be? Top trainers chosen to compete in a tournament? Sick and twisted person holding a Hunger Games sort of death elimination? (even though we all know pokemon "faint" when hit by all sorts of fun shit like Draco Meteor) etc?

2. What regulations should be set in place in terms of banned pokemon? Nobody likes legendaries, but is there anything else you feel is too OP to compete here that would give someone an unfair advantage?

3. What pokemon should be able to compete? Kind of like the last question, but this isn't involving what is banned. Do we want all pokemon, or gen specific?

Leave your comments and opinions here and we can debate amongst them. Personally I feel:

1. Plot could be some sick and twisted tournament held by some unknown ring leader. Their tournament's purpose is to search out the strongest trainer in hopes of absorbing their energy into...bleh blah bleh some shit like the Pokemon X storyline with the big laser beam and shit

2. I think personally all legendaries of any sort should be banned. I don't care if it's as OP as genesect or shitty as phione, I want them all banned. There's always that one guy who uses a full team of legendaries because they're so special like a sprinkles on cupcakes. Don't be that guy

3. I like all gens equally (Fuck gen 4 and it's bidoof). I think we should have an all gens allowed sort of thing

Opinions pls
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  Left_bar_bleue100/100Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:03 am

I CALL ĐIBS ON EVIL! other than that, i say 2 teams again, but not like light/đark tourny. i say like c.c.'s orichalcos shyte. you know, 2 điff rp siđes. anyway, see ya
Back to top Go down

Sylveon

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Katia Sylver
HP:
Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  Left_bar_bleue100/100Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:05 am

I think its a wonderful idea =3
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  Left_bar_bleue84/84Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:07 am

Personally I don't like the idea of doing what would basically be the Hunger Games but with Pokemon. That just seems lame. I agree that "Legendary" Pokemon should not be permitted, no matter how much I love Latias.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  Left_bar_bleue0/0Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:13 am

I'm not really for stealing ideas either but I didn't know what else to suggest ;-; we could have two teams? Like two different types of pokemon vs each other? That or we just use our own teams and make up some backstory of our rivalry?
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:16 am

ok i'm đown with that- 2 teams like i saiđ. but, are there 2 teams at all without any weaknesses to eachother? i mean yeah. 6 totally same poke from a điff group
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:20 am

Electric v ghost? .-. idk. It'd be a little hard. Perhaps we could have a team of elements (fire, water, grass, electric, ground, rock) vs a team of ...something (psychic, dark, fairy, ghost, etc)

Random idea is random
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:21 am

team of something :O GHOST!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:24 am

Like I'm not even sure. If I were to do type specific teams it would be a mess because almost anything I pair up against each other would have an edge over the other. Plus one type would easily be more appealing than the other. Like ground v ghost. Who the fuck wouldn't pick ghost? I mean it's just kind of hard to think of how to structure this.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:26 am

:/ i went with personas man :/ ghost or đark for me course.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:34 am

Killmatronix wrote:
:/ i went with personas man :/ ghost or đark for me course.

Dark is mine, biach!  XD  But oui.  I'd be happy to help Fluff.

Plot wise..  Hmm...  Set it in mid-evil times and there's a king that we all want to over-throw.  that'd be fun.  And it'd eliminate any too-fancy technology.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:34 am

If we were to do it like so we'd have to do it with two totally unrelated types. Two types that ideally are neutral to each other. But what do we pick? .-.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 11:56 am

fluff. no type will ever be completely neutral to other type. there's always typing that will screw the hell outta this thingy
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:42 pm

Well, persoanlly. As the self proclaimed expert of Role Play on this site... I think the idea is flawed for the following reason.

It's not a real Role Play if it involves the use of an outside device Neutral. Well, not T-1 through T-3 anyway. I'm not really a huge fan of the yugioh based RPs either. Because T-1 through 3 shouldn't be decided upon based on some outside device... the winner should be chosen based on writing and role play skill. WHICH! Is why i've actually been compiling a giant list of rules to bring to this site one of these days concerning RP, more as a teaching tool than anything set in stone.

So it's not that I'm saying your idea is a sick mockery of true role play talent >.> But ....maybe I am XD

THAT SAID!

I'd be more than willing to say screw it and be open minded and attempt to help you with this Fluff, like help you make a list of rules using my experience with RP to make things more fun and fair. Cuz I'm all about some RP on this site... so let me know if you need help via PM O_O
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:53 pm

Ventriloquist wrote:
Well, persoanlly. As the self proclaimed expert of Role Play on this site... I think the idea is flawed for the following reason.

It's not a real Role Play if it involves the use of an outside device Neutral. Well, not T-1 through T-3 anyway. I'm not really a huge fan of the yugioh based RPs either. Because T-1 through 3 shouldn't be decided upon based on some outside device... the winner should be chosen based on writing and role play skill. WHICH! Is why i've actually been compiling a giant list of rules to bring to this site one of these days concerning RP, more as a teaching tool than anything set in stone.

So it's not that I'm saying your idea is a sick mockery of true role play talent >.> But ....maybe I am XD

THAT SAID!

I'd be more than willing to say screw it and be open minded and attempt to help you with this Fluff, like help you make a list of rules using my experience with RP to make things more fun and fair. Cuz I'm all about some RP on this site... so let me know if you need help via PM O_O

bullshit. some of us can't match experienceđ roleplayers like yourself anđ evil.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:59 pm

Killa then you have to get better. ALSO! There can be handicaps. I'll agree you can't match me really in T-1 which is consider paragraph turn based text based RP

But T-3 is speed, meaning the fastest typer wins. And there you guys would DESTROY me i suck at T-3

T-2 is like a mix. You use points and take turns but there's a text limit. So that would prevent me from steam rolling you guys with a wall of text.

You have to play to your strengths. BUT! I duno about evil but i really just wana be an RP teacher, not a contestant lol. So I'd be glad to give out lessons ^.^

But even in T-3 you can have certain skill levels, and text caps. Like you could say its semi paragraph. Which means I can't go over 3 sentences each post. Then it would be fair for everyone. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 2:40 pm

vent :/ been asking you both if you coulđ teach me how to rp better on chatango. :/
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Thanks for the offer on help, Vent. Personally I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I don't want it to be a technical sort of thing where the "fastest typer wins" or the winner is based on the quality of their writing. My sense of a roleplay seems to be pointing more towards a tournament with less focus on actual roleplaying the more I think about it .-. I might just say fuck it and host a tournament with a shallow story (I do like Pride's idea of a midevil kingdom where one group of people attempt to overthrow a tyrant) with two teams against one another. I think that sounds like a good plan for me anyway .-.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 3:07 pm

meh. everything sounđs goođ for me as long as i'm evil. i woulđ go for the tyrant but eh. letting it go if priđe đeciđe's to be it. I'm a garrison member, preferrably a leađer of the branch
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 3:18 pm

We'll work something out. It really depends if I can get a solid agreement on the nature of this idea. I personally think it'd make for an awesome tournament. I'm not sure whether to have the tyrants or the rebels have a common theme amongst their pokemon team or not though. I think it'd probably just make it a lot easier to plan against each other.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 3:18 pm

look. make every opponent use a monotype team. then think.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Yea I probably shouldn't bother doing types in common. All I need to say in the sign ups is "tyrant's henchmen must have a couple dark typed pokemon to blah blah evil shit" and then everyone and their mother is going to run Sawk (or some much better fighting type anyway >.>). I'd probably just say let the two sides make their teams freely but make them reasonable at the same time. Also while we're on the matter of it being midevil, should mega evolutions be allowed? Considering this probably dates back well to the 400-1450 time period I doubt the mega ring technology would have been around back then.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Yea its not technically considered Online Text Based Role Play.....which is what online RP IS unless its based on quality OR speed of writing. Or a point based system, still defended and attacked via writing XD.

HOWEVER! I'm open minded. Basically what your wanting to do is have a non combat related strictly story based Role Play that COINCIDES with a pokemon tournament. Which i totally approve of, just never really thought of it that way until now XD. I say go for it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 11:24 pm

Now that you actually put it into words, that's exactly what I'm going for. Good job Vent .-.

Now I just need a solid layout for this. I'm thinking I could have roughly 6 different areas: one area for the rebel HQ, one area for the tyrant's castle, and 5 additional areas consisting of different weather conditions (raining area, sunny area, hail area, and a normal area which will be like the main battlefield). The leaders of both teams will likely stay at the hq/castle unless they feel the need to participate on the front battlelines themselves. I'm also considering having a thing like if the leader of one team loses, their entire team loses. Which kind of promotes getting through all additional members before you can proceed to hq/castle.

As far as rules within the pokemon battling itself, I'm thinking that each trainer should only be allowed 3 pokemon much like wifi battles. However, it won't be like wifi because there you can enter with 6 pokemon but only choose 3 to battle with. This all around will just consist of 3 pokemon so you'll have to pick them more carefully. I mean that's just a random idea I had during class but it's a thought.

On both of those topics, what are the opinions?
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 12:04 am

magikarp and metapod shoukd be banned there too op
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon showdown roleplay idea    Pokemon showdown roleplay idea  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon showdown roleplay idea

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next