Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. Left_bar_bleue0/0Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. Empty
PostSubject: Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed.   Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 3:17 am

It's been over a month since I posted a help on one of my decks. The spam of my ideas has grown content with the decks I've got now. One of my current projects is making a Traptrix deck that doesn't have to use overly expensive cards to be good. The only reason I say that is that I may buy the cards irl to duel at one of the club meetings at school (the two decks I own irl are overkill for almost everybody there and I'm thinking about making a lesser deck). However, I'm more than welcome to what people think regardless. If it isn't going to be bought irl I'll just use it to the max on DN. I've done a few duels with Traptrix and it's one of the more interesting decks I've used in awhile. Nonetheless, I need opinions on what people think is the best way to approach them because after a lot of research I see A LOT of opinions.

Anywho, here's the decklist:

Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. OksVG0d

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole: 1
Traptrix trio: 3 each
Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo: 1

Dark Hole: 1
Book of Moon: 1
The Seal of Orichalcos: 1 (representin' the academy)
Pot of Duality: 2
Mystical Space Typhoon: 2
Verdant Sanctuary: 2
Upstart Goblin: 3

Solemn Warning: 1
Bottomless Trap Hole: 1
Compulsory Evacuation Device: 1
Dimensional Prison: 2
Mirror Force: 2
Acid Trap Hole: 1
Deep Dark Trap Hole: 2
Trap Hole: 3
Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare: 1
Void Trap Hole: 3

Side deck: extra ideas.

Extra deck: Spam of level 4s.

So I've looked up several Traptrix decks for ideas on what seems to be a great play style but it's literally all over. Biggest controversies seem to be:

Lonefire Blossom: Great card, but can only search out Traptrix Nep. Kinda wish it could do more, but it's a good option.

Beetron: Seems to be used for more competitive play. Decks using this revolve around several cards that are continuous much like my Mist Valley build (BEFORE IT DIED). The best I saw with Beetron was a duelist who ranked top 8 in regionals using Traptrix who also included Mist Valley Falcon. Perhaps a way to revive my love for Mist Valley. For using Beetron I'd need to use Fiendish, Safe Zone, Call of the Haunted, Swords of Revealing Light, and/or Big Bang Shot. Idk.

The Seal of Orichalcos: People are actually serious about using this. I can understand why honestly. Some decks focus more on xyz summons but frankly I can give or take. Nice power boost when I need it.

Cardcar D: Too expensive for me irl, but for a DN deck I'd consider it. It's Earth attribute so it flows and it gets me the hole traps I need. Not sure if I'd need it with the Upstart/Duality draw power but I'm not sure.

Verdant Sanctuary: Very few decks I've seen use it, but I think it's a good idea. There could be many better cards, though.

Lemme know what you guys think. I'm greatly not used to making a huge trap based deck so all of the help I could get would be nice. :3
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. Left_bar_bleue100/100Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed.   Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 5:07 am

id say drop the verdants reduce a few of your traps dont really need to run 3 offs when u can search them out ditch the forces  use some maxx c's and doom dozers ...beetron is good in the deck as well as a nother dyno would be good and a 1 of redox is always nice
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. Left_bar_bleue100/100Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed.   Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Dude. Ninjas. and Super transformation. NUFF SAID!

No really though add Hanzo and Upstart golden as well as some of the Ninjutsu art cards. Which ones are up to you but the one which allows you to grab insects being the most obvious choice. People don't understand how WELL the ninjas really go with traptrix and the synergy is really good.

It's a rough archetype, so I can't tell you what is the BEST combination because I've still been playing with them a bit myself. Try different things but i highly suggest ninja and earth support as much as you can.

As for other ideas, let me go back into my own traptrix because it's been a while since i used them, and I'll make you another post with more specific instruction. For now...

+3 Hanzo

+3 Upstart Golden

+3 Ninjutsu Art

You will notice a HUGE increase in speed. Have fun. ^.^

EDIT:(Reason = Looked at my deck)

Just guna list some good ideas, since i already told you that my main gimmic with traptrix is ninjas so...

+1 ROTA

+3 Hanzo

+3 Upstart golden

+2/3 Pot of duality

+2 Ninjutsu art of transformation

+2 Fairy KingAlverdich(if you dont run it already)

+ 2 D Prison

Thats it really. As far as things i would say you NEED.

Now for some random cards that MIGHT be helpful, but they don't really have to be in your deck.

Smashing Ground(run like 1)

Bait Doll (I like it better than mst, so meh)

Obelisk(Surprisingly, you can find yourself with 3 monsters on the filed but not enough attack power to do much. so i side him just for giggles.)

Breakthrough Skill(Cuz I run it in everything is why)

Let me know what you think about these suggestions, and let me also re work my own deck, as it's been a while. I made this while traptrix were still fairly new.

Enjoy ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. Left_bar_bleue0/0Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed.   Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 12:27 am

Well the ninja support for this I've seen. I faced someone with the same concept yesterday. I didn't like the idea in my Mist Valley and I'm opposed to it in here but I'll give it a shot. What is your opinion on using Beetron, Vent?
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed.   Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 4:08 am

Well I've never used him. Duh the fact again my traptrix are fairly old but effective. Thus why i said I'd rework them again and get back with you again.

I literally have never seen the card Beetron until i just now used google. LOL!

Reading over it it seems like konami made the card with Traptrix in mind, and being they have utterly no support i wouldn't seen anything at all wrong with running him. His effect seems very nice as well.

Let me try a build using him, and get back with you. But i see no reason he can't join in the combo with ninjas, they really don't take up much space.

ALSO, o-o ... mist valley. Bruh USING ninjas.... you could PROLLLLY incorporate mist valley into your trix. At least Apex... yea let that sink in for just a moment. Because I'm more than likely going to do it myself, and cannot believe i haven't already XD.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed.   Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:11 am

I was researching good Traptrix decks and I found something very odd but very deadly. Apparently this guy who made top 8 in regionals used a Traptrix deck using Beetron AND Mist Valley (Falcon, anyway). It was more of a competitive deck but I liked the idea of it. Beetron at the very least I'm hit or miss with simply because of the fact that I don't always have a face-up spell/trap on the field. The Ninja Traptrix I faced down was good but I just hate the idea that you have a good chance of getting stuck with continuous cards like Ninjitsu and Call of the Haunted. It's tough to say what i'll do but I'm going to try the ninja build style and see how it works.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed.   Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 8:26 am

I really like the idea of running mist valley along side it o-o been messing around witha few ideas since we last talked (since i last posted) but havent dueled with it yet so let you know how it goes.

Anyway was far as a face up dead CotH or Ninjutsu art... is that not where beetron comes in o-o

Kinda kills 2 birds with one stone in terms of your problems there as I see it. But It may need other options as well.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed.   Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:40 pm

Yea I guess Beetron + Falcon would take care of face-up traps but I just need to make room. With running all of the ninja support that I am now it really limits my room. I haven't gotten a chance to test Beetron/Falcon, but here's what I'm testing out thus far:

Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. Fwf2Gfg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed.   Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed. Empty

Back to top Go down

Attempting to make a Traptrix deck. Opinions needed.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1