Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New banlist Is revelaed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue84/84New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 7:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey everyone! Nottu here with super exciting news for all. Konami has unveiled the true new banlist today and it looks GOOD.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html

Newly Banned:
Dragon Ravine
Return from the Different Dimension
Self-Destruct Button
Sixth Sense

Newly Limted
Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
Debris Dragon
Magician of Faith
Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
Divine Wind of Mist Valley
Final Countdown
Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
Spellbook of Fate

Newly Semi-Limited
Chaos Sorcerer
Lonefire Blossom

No Longer Limited/Semi-Limited/Banned
Archlord Kristya
Mezuki
Plaguespreader Zombie
TG Striker
Tour Guide from the Underworld
Constellar Ptolemy M7
Fire Formation - Tenki

Have a read and tell me what you guys think or feel about this.

Last edited by Nottu on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100/100New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:04 pm

DarkSoul wrote:
You guys should get on the chat box Sad Anyway does anyone happen to know why Sixth Sense was unbanned? That card was too over powered to begin with..

I believe it was so people would buy Joey's World. I dont like that card Razz so i wont miss it. This new banlist will be interesting though......
Back to top Go down

Rakker

Leona

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Superion Maximus wrote:
Rakker wrote:
imma die Sad if ravine gets banned

when is the funeral then
right after the banlist Sad
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:37 pm

not surprised about the banlist although the 3rd tenki got my attention
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100/100New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:41 pm

This list is. Terrible.

Newly Banned:
Right choices in Return and Sense. 2 incredibly overpowered cards that needed to go. Great choice!
Ravine: What the fuck, Konami? You killed Dragons as it was, no need to go and kill Dragunity, too. Miserable descision.
Self-Destruct Button: YES! YES! YES! This card is BAD for the game. It is TERRIBLE for the game, actually. Good to see this pile of steaming excrements gone!

Newly Limited:
Killing Dragons was the right moves. The deck was overpowered as hell and it was time to make room for something else. I am glad they left it at 1. Now, maybe, those things can finally be used as what they where intended to: Support for elemental decks.

Divine Winds: With the meta game cleared of all the Dragon bullshit, new decks will rise up. Harpies had a way too powerfull combo with this card, so rather hit it before it causes too much trouble. Fine by me.

Magician of Faith: Yeah, fine be me. Don't care really. Not going to be become a staple in every deck, due to the lack of really powerfull spell staples. Dark Hole and Book are the only 2 really good targets. Might give Prophecy a few nice plays.

Spellbook of Fate: Same as Winds. Meta is open, Prophecy are still a very strong deck. 3 Fate was broken. Easy as that.

Sword: Uhm. Yeah. Whatever. The only deck this was used in, is dead. No point in hitting this. Whatever. Konami was making a point here, more than anything else. Wanted to show the players that they still hit broken stuff.

Debris: Yeah. Same as above, really. I don't think there was a reason for hitting this, as again, the only major deck it was played it is dead. Seems like a shot to the head wasn't enough. They tore every single limb of Dragon Rulers.

Final Countdown: See Self-Destruct Button. Card is bad for the game. Not as bad as SDB, but bad enough.

Newly Semi-Limited:
Chaos Sorcerer: They need a way too push Chaos decks again, and Sorcerer seemed to be that way. Not sure on how I feel about this, but can certainly give a lot of decks another boost in power.

Lonefire: Was to be expected. Now that there is new Plant support, they needed to make it playable. Here you go, Shinra players.

Newly Unlimited:
Mezuki: Fuck. You. Konami. This is unhealthy for the game. I understand you need to sell the new Zombie/Vampire stuff, but Mezuki to 3 is dreadfull.

Plague: Not that big of a deal, and a good addition to Zombies. Not quite as dangerous as Mezuki, so I can't complain.

Kristya: Not sure, where this is going. Agents are supposedly getting a push, but you never really run 3 Kristya. Maybe trying to slow the game down?

Striker: Whatever, not going to change a lot. Nice little support, nothing wrong with this.

Tenki: Yay. Now that Dragons are gone, guess what is going to become the new money-maker for Konami? Bujins. They are getting loads of support and with 3 Tenkis they have fantastic possibilities of getting to Yamato as early as possible.

M7: Opening plays for Hieratics. Don't like. Too many OTK/Loob possibilities.

TGU: Interesting. Maybe opening 3x Guide, 1x Night Assailant engines. I really have no idea what the reasoning behind this is, or how this is going to affect the game.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 6:16 pm

I don't dislike the list. Most decision are justified except banning debris and seven star sword which wasn't really needed since the deck that made it broken is not unplayable. Quite happy that magician of faith is back, its just a nice card to use after a while. The only thing that really annoys me is that they banned dragon ravine. I mean dafuq.. you killed of dragon rulers which abused it, why do you want to kill dragunities. This card was the only reason they could compete with higher level decks. Super consistency. Stuff like this makes me hate Konami. Being an old dragon player, I dont like how Konami bans the dragon staples because of one over powered deck. Red eye darkness metal, Future fusion, Debris and now dragon ravine....
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 6:44 pm

REDMD is broken. Needed hit. Future Fusion is broken as fuck. Needed hit. Debirs, meh, whatever. Ravine, I agree. Unecessary and stupid move, just to show how they listen to players when they ask to kill Rulers.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Future fusion wasn't that broken when it was banned. Rulers didnt exist and Chaos dragon were the only thing making it OP. When they killed of the 3 red-eyes there was no need to ban future fusion. It was a really good card but it had weaknesses. It dumps dragons into the grave, nothing else. You can chain MST, not only will there be no monster but you can't send the dragons to the grave either.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue84/84New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:13 pm

I personally would like to have seen Future Fusion return, since they left Stratos Banned. E HERO decks could always use a bit of Fusion power, at least the Fusion-based decks.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:29 pm

Future Fusion is one of those cards that I feel once came back it would be abused like nuts again. It'd be gone within another format.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:35 pm

The only deck I know of that would abuse it is Dragons. Chaos or otherwise. I've seen HEROES spam it with Zephyros some, but that wasn't the cause of its ban.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Dragons, Cyber, Heros. Basically anything that can use some kind of overpowered fusion.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Yes, those decks utilize it, but in the long haul, it was Chaos Dragons who got it banned with their ridiculous plays made off of it.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:57 pm

That is true, yes. And it would happen again, if it wasn't banned. Chaos Dragons are still a viable deck. Not close to their former glory, but still good. Future Fusion would be too strong.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Not if they were do something about Chaos Dragons using it such as ban Five Headed. Granted that will not happen, but one can dream.
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:19 pm

But, Stratos! He isn't back yet! Why do they hate on my Heroes? ;-;
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Something about Stratos being too powerful or some nonsense.
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:24 pm

*Emo face.*

I just hope he comes back. My E-Heroes don't work as well without him.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Its true, he should come back. I do not see why he was ever banned.
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Possibly because of those who use Heroes for horrible reasons like Bubble Beat and stuff.

No. E-Heroes should be used together, like my deck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:42 pm

Not a single deck of mine is affected~
Wink
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:48 pm

@Blazer, I want Stratos too :/

They banned it because they made malicious at 3 and plaguespreader at 2 (3 now) and thought it might make those dark tele DaD kinda decks too powerful. I personally think it was stupid but oh well. I still play Hero's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:49 pm

E HERO still work without Stratos, you just have to make good use of the cards.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 1:27 am

well now on lim is gonna be a constant side of mine
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 2:10 am

Light Imprisoning Mirror is a great side choice of course. Especially with Bujin, Lightsworn and Chaos still running around. Always be prepared Wink
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 4:39 pm

blazer its because everyone fears heros~

and you guys dragons arnt dead u forget about chaos dragons those r back now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New banlist Is revelaed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next