Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New banlist Is revelaed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/84New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 7:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey everyone! Nottu here with super exciting news for all. Konami has unveiled the true new banlist today and it looks GOOD.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html

Newly Banned:
Dragon Ravine
Return from the Different Dimension
Self-Destruct Button
Sixth Sense

Newly Limted
Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
Debris Dragon
Magician of Faith
Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
Divine Wind of Mist Valley
Final Countdown
Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
Spellbook of Fate

Newly Semi-Limited
Chaos Sorcerer
Lonefire Blossom

No Longer Limited/Semi-Limited/Banned
Archlord Kristya
Mezuki
Plaguespreader Zombie
TG Striker
Tour Guide from the Underworld
Constellar Ptolemy M7
Fire Formation - Tenki

Have a read and tell me what you guys think or feel about this.

Last edited by Nottu on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 11:31 pm

i like how you said "thoughts". cute
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 11:31 pm

Chaos drags can still put up a fight. I have no interest in them but I do think they're a worthy deck still. You're free btw, Kill.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/84New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 11:38 pm

Killmatronix wrote:
i like how you said "thoughts". cute
No need to act like you know so much more than others. Decks vary by area you know. Chaos Dragons are a much bigger deck in my area.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 11:40 pm

aye kk. alright.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 11:45 pm

Now then. I foresee a rise in Agents, Plant Zombies and even maybe Fire Fists. Bujin will still be big and I bet Magician of Faith ends up a staple in the near future.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:02 am

Magician, Chaos Sorcerer, and Tour Guide?  This should be fun.
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:03 am

AND MY DECKS ESCAPE THE BAN HAMMER UNSCATHED YET AGAIN
Back to top Go down

The RealDeal

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:33 am

Noice!! Good thing I was planning on running fire fist next format so i stocked up on ff cards
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:35 am

Good planning bro. Lol
Back to top Go down

The RealDeal

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:41 am

Tis, Tis! If only Dragoons got bumped to 2 then Mermail would be another great deck next format. But who knows, with the extinction of Dragons they might see more play.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:44 am

They very well might. I wonder how other decks will do, now that the Rulers are out of the way.
Back to top Go down

The RealDeal

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:50 am

Yeah, Im am very interested in seeing how Zombies go with plague at 3.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:51 am

Heck, Lighsworns are looking hella good too.
Back to top Go down

The RealDeal

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:53 am

yeah, Chronomaly are going to be pretty good with that nebra disc card.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 4:16 am

Nottu wrote:

Lightsworns are pretty good with their new support tuners. Even got OTK'd by them twice yesterday, think they may be tier 2 next format.

As for the new banlist, I am not surprised to see that Rulers are dead, their reign of terror had to come to an end. >: (

However it is nice to see that Tenki was unlimited, good for my deck but personally I think it should still be semi-limited.

Limiting Magician Of Faith was too far in my opinion, being able to search any spell in your grave with no cost is to much.

Chaos Sorcerer is good semi-limited.

However I think that Divine Wind Of Mist Valley should be semi-limited not limited as it is a part of many lock-down/wind attribute based decks.

Next format I predict Verz, Fire Fists, Lightsworns, some spellbook variants and Merlantean reigning supreme.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:25 am

Well, Magician of Faith has to be set first and Flipped. If the opponent is just nuking your monsters every other turn, she's no threat. Plus, how many spells are really so game changing now if we could use them one more time? Dark Hole? Pot of Duality? One Day of Peace? MST?

Heavy and Reborn are gone, so MoF doesn't have many big targets.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:51 am

The RealDeal wrote:
yeah, Chronomaly are going to be pretty good with that nebra disc card.

You have no idea Cool RANK 4 CHRONOMALY FTW!

Also nebra isn't as good compared to the xyz Cool
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:26 am

DarkSoul wrote:
Nottu wrote:

Lightsworns are pretty good with their new support tuners. Even got OTK'd by them twice yesterday, think they may be tier 2 next format.

As for the new banlist, I am not surprised to see that Rulers are dead, their reign of terror had to come to an end. >: (

However it is nice to see that Tenki was unlimited, good for my deck but personally I think it should still be semi-limited.

Limiting Magician Of Faith was too far in my opinion, being able to search any spell in your grave with no cost is to much.

Chaos Sorcerer is good semi-limited.

However I think that Divine Wind Of Mist Valley should be semi-limited not limited as it is a part of many lock-down/wind attribute based decks.

Next format I predict Verz, Fire Fists, Lightsworns, some spellbook variants and Merlantean reigning supreme.

Merlanteans are good this current format....you arent doing your research enough. Magician of faith does have good targets, specifically mst. No one will run it because waste of space but mst wins more games, more than dark hole and any other card in existince today. Divine was hit because harpies... I dont think you guys know about OCG and other decks that were played under the radar on DN, especially in the competitive team/war area. Lightsworn didnt get hit because of the new support. Dragons are not dead. A lot of playwers already been testing them. They will be around tier 1.5-2. You are forgetting geargia and bujin. Prophecy will be an ok deck, lots of testing will be done, but most of you guys will be trying to pick up "fun decks" or make "techs" in the "meta".
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:30 am

Killmatronix wrote:
and that's why i said that they were never a high tier. thanks for listening nottu

Know your formats. Chaos Dragons were tier 1 March 2012 and Tier 1 September 2012. Chaos dragons in september were less played, becUse people loved magi shark too much and results on dn were a lot different than irl results.

Its funny to me how you guys are crying about rulers. There were formats waaay more broken, waaay more cry and rage quit more than dragon rulers. Lets go back to yata-lock and just cant even touch a card. Infernity/saber format, getting hand looped by trish and having a full field, or gettin looped by sabers and having no real outs. Formats literally decided on who went first, literally lose die roll and scoop.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:32 am

I wouldn't laugh Tai. Everyone is entitled to be glad to see powerful, unfair decks be removed from the game. Many people rejoiced when Sabers were hit. Other were gald to be rid of Infernity's threat. In this case, people are glad to be rid of Dragon Rulers.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 11:49 am

aaron. ik that they were once like e-drags (not as good, but used as much) and yes, like you said, they were never used in the same manner after that event,
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 11:54 am

Also Tai, avoid double posting in the future.

Since when does DN meta matter anyway?
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:02 pm

You guys should get on the chat box Sad Anyway does anyone happen to know why Sixth Sense was unbanned? That card was too over powered to begin with..
Back to top Go down

Phoenixofpain

Leona

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:49 pm

It wasn't unbanned it was banned.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:56 pm

He mean't why it was unbanned in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New banlist Is revelaed   New banlist Is revelaed - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New banlist Is revelaed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next