Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/84Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2013 7:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

May 21, 2014
8:03 pm
Northwin Labrotories, outskirts of Illinois

The still night was peaceful. No real wind or any sort of implementing weather to be had. Just another night at the labs. Eight o-three. Only a few more minutes until the test is supposed to commence. This new form of energy we discovered, this Chalcion, should be able to provide free energy to the world if this works.

8:15 pm
Channel 10

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you this. Just minutes ago, Northwin Laborotories suffered from a massive explosion. We have been informed it was a reactor malfunction but should not be harmful to civilians in any way. Citizens are asked to avoid the northeastern country side of the state for the time being. Officials are now-

The power cuts. A light from outside envelops the city. Many citizens black out from the energy exposure. The Chalcion wave spreads across the country, even across the oceans until to finally fades out. Within he next few weeks, reports of new super humans begin to flow into the news rooms. The world's current heroes are stunned to find that the Chalcion energy mutated people's genetic code to give them new abilities. However, they now believe that the timing could not be better...

Welcome to Age of Heroes. This roleplay will actually have a preset storyline that you can follow, but this does not mean that you have to. I only have key plot points set, everything else is up for grabs, so to say. Just as I mentioned prior, you get to be a Super. Here's the rules.

Creating a Character
Name:
Alias: (Such as your Hero or Villain name)
Super: (Yes or No for powers)
Powers: (Maximum of Three; See Power Rules Below)
Bio: (Tell about your character. Give plenty of details like where are they from, how did they get their powers, if the have any, What do they do with their life? Everything is relevant.)
Description: (Tell us what they look like. Post an image if you would like)

Power Rules

Each Super is gifted with 1 to 3 powers. Each power has limitations and drawbacks as well as advantages. Certain powers will not be permitted and some will limit what you can do. Some cannot even be taken with certain powers.

Shape-shifting
This power is really well liked but I need to explain a few things about it. Shapeshifting has 3 different forms: Humanoid, Animorph, and Shape Change.

Humanoid is like Mystique. You can alter yourself to look, sound and essentially be another person. It does not, however, allow you duplicate their abilities. If you have other powers as well as Humanoid Shapeshifting, you can still use them in alternate forms (Such as Invisibility or Flight) however some powers will cause you to lose focus (Like any kind of Vision powers). When in another humanoid form, you take on all that person's physical attributes such as strength and agility unless it is a super power (You can't shapechange into a Super Strong hero and get Super Strength.)

Animorphing allows you to change into animal forms (Like Beast Boy). In these animal forms, you have thier strength, speed, and endurance but retain your own intelligence. You cannot use other powers in animal form. The larger or smaller the animal is from your normal size, the less time you can spend in that shape. If you are knocked out while in animal form, you will revert back to your normal state. Animorphing lets you take on real animal forms, nothing mythological like dragons.

Shape Change allows you to take the form of inanimate objects like a chair or a table. In these forms, you will not be able to use any other powers. You can still see, hear, and feel in these forms. Any lose of concentration will cause the form to fail and you will revert.

Healing Power
This is a highly sought after ability. Healing allows you to regenerate after sustaining an injury of some kind. The greater the injury, the longer it will take to heal. Healing takes a larger toll on the body however and limits you to only one additional power. Again, the relation must make some sort of sense.

Invulnerability. This power is outright banned.

Flight. This allows you to fly, obviously. You're top speed will depend on what other powers you have. If you have no powers that affect your flight, then your normal Flight Speed will be close to that of a Commercial Plane. If you also have Speed, then your top Flight Speed can reach as high as Mach 1.

Strength. This one has a little math to it. If this is the only power you have then your Strength is Level 10, which will allow you to lift up to 1000 pounds. The more powers you have, the lesser the strength.

Visions. There are several types of Visions, uch as X-Ray, Telescopic, Microscopic, Heat, and even Super Vision which allows you to see through illusions and deception. X-Ray is limited to up to 60 feet ahead of you in a cone. Telescopic Vision lets you see up to 5 miles away. Microscopic lets you see things on a smaller level, such as bacterias. Heat Vision is a blast of hat from your eyes which can be focused into a single beam, or widened to a cone within your line of sight.

There are very few actual limits on what kind of powers you can have. Just post a power you are unsure of and I'll let you know if its allowed and if so, how it will work.

Alignments

Everyone is entitled to their own lifestyle choices. As such, there are several alignments you can have. Each one expresses the general style of the characters.

Lawful Good. These are your basic heroes. Always doing what is ight and never breaking the law. (Ex. Superman, Captain America)

Neutral Good. They normally stick within the rules but will do what is right so long as the have the power to do so. (Ex. Wonder Woman, Green Lantern)

Chaotic Good. Will do what is right regardless of the rules. Saving the day is more important to them than keeping all the rules in check. (Ex. Batman, Iron Man)

Lawful Neutral. Think like a judge. This is primarily the alignment for civilians or Supers who have not chosen a side.

True Neutral. You only stick to yourself. Never doing much of anything to show loyalty to any side.

Chaotic Neutral. These are the ones who do what they want, when they want, as long as it benefits themselves. Its all about them. Anti Heroes and lesser villains.
(Ex. Black Cat, The Penguin)

Lawful Evil. These are your criminal masterminds like Lex Luthor. The are evil but have a set of rules to abide by. (Ex. Lex Luthor, Darkseid)

Neutral Evil. For those who care only to see evil triumph but do not go to extremes of any kind. (Ex. The Riddler)

Chaotic Evil. The worst of the bunch. Some men just want to watch the world burn. (Ex. The Joker, Loki)

This is all I really could think up for the time being. I will edit in more things should they become necessary.

I look forward to seeing some of the characters. Smile
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Blood and Dirt

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:45 am

Strength, speed and flight. The original super hero powers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Netoow

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:45 am

Yeah, but they fit Netoow well. All versions of him, in anything I do, beat the living tar out of people. Wanted it to be Strength, Speed, and Healing. But, Healing was two points so picked the ability he's had second most, which was flying.
Back to top Go down

Blood and Dirt

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:58 am

Their good powers.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/84Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 5:15 am

Netoow wrote:
Well, dang. I finally get on to post the
character I worked on, and I see two other people have picked one of his
core abilities - Humanoid Shapeshifting. We don't need a bunch of
shapeshifters, especially all the same form. Well, that leaves me with
several options, so gonna list 'em all before I forget. At least this
way, I can make sure any of them work, and can cast aside the ones that
don't.

Option 1
Name: ???
Alias: Netoow
Nationality: American
Super: Yes
Powers: Strength, Speed, Flight
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral, with Chaotic Good tendencies
Bio:
Spoiler:
Description: Avatar pic, with a height of 6'3"

Option 2
Name: Sasha Bestar
Alias: Ash
Nationality: American
Super: Yes
Powers: Pyrokinesis (the ability to generate and control fire), Healing
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Bio:
Spoiler:
Description: Long red hair, goes down to the center of her back. Green eyes that seem to glow red when she draws apon her pyrokinesis. Height of 5'5". Wears a sleevless red dress that resembles a modified robe somewhat that's made out of flame-resistant material.

Option 3
Name: Alistar Duncan
Alias: Longshot
Nationality: British
Super: No (*gasps*)
Powers: None, has access to top-secret technology and training
Alignment: Neutral Good
Bio:
Spoiler:
Description: Brown hair with a professional cut. Brown eyes. Height of 5'8". Attire looks like a PI from a black-and-white movie. Sunglasses.

Honestly, no idea how that last one's gonna work. But, that's the main three I got. Don't be afraid to yell at me if any of that doesn't work. I'll have something set by start, even if it's not one of these.

I love option 3 the most.
Back to top Go down

Netoow

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:35 am

Option 3 is the most interesting of them, considering no powers at all. But, I will have to privatly run a lot of ideas by you about tech he could recieve from the agency he works for. Due to him having no powers, he'd potentially need to be able to get access to new technology to help him out (stronger firearms, augments to his suppressor's protections, and new tech like a hacking tool or jetpack). So, if I pick Alistar expect a number of times for me to ask you about random gear he can request for.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:37 am

All right. We can discuss them tomorrow when I get off work then.
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:47 am

added allignment to my character
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com

Valkoor Lightheart

Leona

Location : Sitting in my room on my bed, thinking of a truly limitless world, filled with endless skies and adventure around every corner.

Character Sheet
Name: Edmund
HP:
Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue900/100Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (900/100)

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:33 am

So far there's 7 Heroes if Nottu is one. Prob a few more n get ready for the RP to be posted?
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Nottu is just the story teller with some NPCs.
ANd so far I have counted 2-3 Heroes. Everyone else is Chaotic Neutral. WHich is not a hero.
Back to top Go down

Valkoor Lightheart

Leona

Location : Sitting in my room on my bed, thinking of a truly limitless world, filled with endless skies and adventure around every corner.

Character Sheet
Name: Edmund
HP:
Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue900/100Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (900/100)

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:02 pm

I ment like those who are signing up.
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Changed my alignment for the sake of originality.
This feels like it should be here:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:09 am

I like that Weevil. You're the first LN so far.
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:25 am

-Bump- i was rly excited for this Sad
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:10 am

I totally forgot about this. Surprised
Back to top Go down

Tour Guide from the UW

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:52 am

Name: Unknown
Alias: Known to police as BK293, nicknamed by civilians Havoc
Nationality: Nobody has seen her close up, most likely from Europe or Asia.
Super: Used to be super, unknown if powers are still active.
Powers:
HS317 (True vision)
Spoiler:
ER822 (Vacuum, air displacement)
Spoiler:

Bio: Her birthplace and family are unknown, thought to have been discovered in the quarantined area on the coast of Japan near the Hiroshima incident. Japan used her as a weapon in the civil war of Shibuya, and she killed thousands, not only on the opposing side. After this, she was put into a detention center in Kyoto. She broke out, killing everyone in the prison. She lived in hiding in Europe until the US found her and used her as a weapon in Iraq. After killing over 5000 people she left and vanished without a trace. She is thought to be hiding somewhere in Europe, but she doesn't want to be found. Do not confront her, and do not attempt to befriend her. She is one of the most dangerous Supers out there, but she has no moral decency and is clueless about the world. She doesn't seem to know right from wrong. She has amnesia and has almost no control over her powers.
Description:
Spoiler:
Alignment: True Neutral while dormant, Chaotic Neutral when angered. (For now, could possibly be persuaded into alignment changes by other characters)

Or, if we need more heroes,

Name: The Extraurban Aegis Response System Mk II. (E.A.R.S.)
Alias: AEGIS Mk II
Nationality: N/A, she looks American though.
Super: No
Powers: No powers, but her abilities include:
Firearm adaptation - She can modify her in built weapons on the go, allowing her to modify her arsenal for any situation.
Self Repair System - Her outer armor rebuilds itself over time, using experimental materials from other planets that regenerate while in contact with oxygen.
Cupholders - Gosh, she has everything!
Bio: After the mass murder of 2005, the USA decided they needed more defense against urban crime and violence. The scientists of the Pentagon Authorised the building of AEGIS, who malfunctioned and killed many people in a massive explosion. The Scientists who built her tried again, this time in secret, unauthorized by the government. They succeeded in creating AEGIS Mk II. She is a highly advanced piece of technology that looks just like a human being, complete with a personality. AEGIS is far superior though, having the computing power of all of earths current RAM multiplied by 10. She has committed herself to doing good, and protecting the citizens of all cities and towns around the world.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Description: Blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. She looks completely like a normal human girl until she goes into combat mode, in which her hands morph into knives and or firearms, and her panels on her arms, legs and face become more obvious as her shields go up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups   Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Hero Role Play Sign Ups

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2