Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JasonRy8's Test Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

JasonRy8's Test Results Empty
PostSubject: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:18 am

Match : Wind-Ups vs Chaos Dragon Variant

Match Results: 0/10 2:0

The Testee lost the match.

Deck Construction: 15/20

Both game 1 and 2 you were playing very defensively for a Chaos Dragon deck. The deck looks like you are taking adding in a sub-par condition with the deck (as if it was monarchs). Notable plays would be Tributed Treeborn and battle fader so you don't have to rely on ssing the Dragons, but you should stick with other Chaos Dragon Variants (JD Chaos Dragons or regular Chaos Dragons). The "Originality" part of the deck didn't really help you here. You have most of the staples and key cards for the deck down, but the techs and other ideas need to do. You had too many other things going on. I noticed you didn't even get out the Chaos Dragon Soft-Lock the whole game, which would have been an issue in the gamestate for me, and allowed you to take game easier. Especially when I had mirror force.
- 2 Fader, 3 Caius, 2 Debris, 1 Treeborn, 1 Blackrose, 1
Trident Dragon, 1 Daigusto Pheonix (would be the cards hurting you). I replace them with Queen Dragun, Tiras, Volcasuarus, 3 Darkflare Dragon, 2-3 Ryko, 2 Trago.

Overall I think it was a nice attempt, and probably would've been great it you got it going, but you should take decks that you know are going to work, instead of trying to amaze me with originality imo.

Duelist Peformance: 14/20

Duel 1: Turn 1 I summoned Thunder King. You tried to run it over by tribute summoning Light Pulsar, but it didn't work out. You blind mstd one of my backrow, which turned out to be an mst ( a misplay). In turn 3 you d-holed pretty early, considering you didn't follow up with a Special Summon such as pulsar. You did get a nice Tour Guide Play, and followed up with POA. For the most part, you were building walls up, and didn't get any aggersion until the last turn when I mirrored you.

Duel 2: Nice use of Trooper turn 1. Pretty good mills. I made a Tour Guide play, and ripped your REDMD back into the deck with Tour Bus + Leviathan play. It seems as though you were dead drawing, because of the actions you took. Such as suiciding Card Trooper into Levitathan and drawing 1. You had a big hand advantage the whole game, but you didn't have many plays to go off from that. You saved D-hole and used Heavy at the right time, so that gave you. You chaged the game-state by SS pulsar, but by that time I ssd trag and took a perfect game by having 3000 ATK.

Siding: 8/10
Sided 2 veilers, 2 Maxx C, and 2 Royal Decree. Veilers are a nice side, considering the fact that if you drew into it, I wouldn't be able to 1st turn Tour Guide, or go into Magi-Shark, as well as easy Rank 4 Rat Plays. Also Maxx C was good for stoping my magi-shark (as long as I wasn't dumb enough to let it go through). Royal Decrees wasn't good in this case, because I only used 1 trap all game. You didn't see me use royal decree game 1, so you can only judge so much. Game 2 I only had 2 traps in my deck, and I sided out all my Royal Decree.
Side Deck: 4/5

Side deck contained 2 veiler, 2 maxx c, 2 Metaion, 2 Thunder King, 3 Mystical Space, 2 Royal Decree, and 2 Soul Drain. I would find space for Mind Crush, to effectively side against mono mermail (one of your bad match-ups). The Metaion was notable for Evilswarms.

Ruling Questions: 15/15

All 3 questions were answered correctly, with good enough reasoning for them.

Total Points: 56/80

Welcome to Slifer Red Dorm! I think you could've made a better deck choice as a duelist, and not make a couple of small notable mistakes. Unfortunately, losing the match took its toll. Good luck with your future tests! I know you will do better next time.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:26 am

Welcome to the Slifer Red dorm. Your dorm leader is Taisakuno Shouri, and he can answer any questions you may have.
Back to top Go down

Maxxie

Leona

PostSubject: Re: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:45 am

I hope the 'Rank 4 Rat plays' was a typo. I know it's possible, but Rat is known for the easy access to Rank 3 plays. e_e

Also, have fun in Slifer, new guy.
Back to top Go down

Teanutty

Leona

PostSubject: Re: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:00 am

Welcome to ODA e u e
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:06 am

Maxxie wrote:
I hope the 'Rank 4 Rat plays' was a typo. I know it's possible, but Rat is known for the easy access to Rank 3 plays. e_e

Also, have fun in Slifer, new guy.
I was mainly talking about rat + warrior which usually comes out more than me going rat into rank 3. Late game I push with rank 4s with rat. It wasnt a typo, but you can add the 3 part.
Back to top Go down

JasonRy8

Zed

PostSubject: Re: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:48 am

Its ok, I know a lot of people don't see that this deck well for what it used to be. Power and explosiveness. This was gonna be very different, it can do well or fall flat. The playstyle is meant to be different. The deck has had to change in a lot of ways where it kinda stank before, like Evilswarms as an example. And a lot of this deck is done to answer the meta call. It still does me well and it can fall flat. I might have misplayed on a couple of parts. My mistake. But notables for this well drastic difference are Fire Fists, Evilswarms being a few examples.

The original builder of this deck made it very consistent on this style and had it designed to make rank 4 plays like butter, where I wanted to do a synchro variant. All I know is that its very different.

Here is the Chaos Dragon Forum I am a part of:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1124454

Here is where the style of my current Chaos Dragon Deck comes from: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1120221

I hope you guys understand, Smile
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
JasonRy8's Test Results Left_bar_bleue100/100JasonRy8's Test Results Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Welcome to Slifer! We're awesome. :3

Save some OD up and eventually you'll get into Ra or Obelisk. I'm hoping to get into Ra once I get my Yubel deck working nicely.
Back to top Go down

JasonRy8

Zed

PostSubject: Re: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Don't worry, I plan to crush them, >_>. Big time.
Back to top Go down

CalmWind

Leona

PostSubject: Re: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:08 pm

yes welcome to silfer jason
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
JasonRy8's Test Results Left_bar_bleue100/100JasonRy8's Test Results Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Crush who? Yubel? Don't hurt Yubel, she's awesome! =3
Back to top Go down

JasonRy8

Zed

PostSubject: Re: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:40 pm

no, tai and the other testers/teachers, >_>
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
JasonRy8's Test Results Left_bar_bleue84/84JasonRy8's Test Results Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Why would you crush me? Smile
Back to top Go down

JasonRy8

Zed

PostSubject: Re: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:09 pm

sorry nottu, not literally, but figuaratively, XD
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
JasonRy8's Test Results Left_bar_bleue84/84JasonRy8's Test Results Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Oh okay. Good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JasonRy8's Test Results   JasonRy8's Test Results Empty

Back to top Go down

JasonRy8's Test Results

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1