Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Academy of Magic Spell Shop

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Academy of Magic Spell Shop Left_bar_bleue100/100Academy of Magic Spell Shop Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Academy of Magic Spell Shop Empty
PostSubject: Academy of Magic Spell Shop   Academy of Magic Spell Shop EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 7:52 am

The Introduction!

This is where you can find a list of spells for my RP, The Academy of Magic. I realize there are a lot of spells, but I do not know how to add spoiler bars o-o. In anycase, just find the spells that interest you ^.^ you don't have to read them all.

The Rules!

Well, bare with me as this is just a trial at the RP thing here. Normally, I would say you have to buy each spell by using credits similar to our OD o-o but I'm not sure that's really fair here. That said I may come up with some sort of merit system. For now, you may make one pick up to 3 spells for your specialization (Which is listed on your character sheet under Magic Affinity). After that, Freshman may have 1 extra spell besides that of any type. Sophomores 2. Juniors may get 3 spells, and seniors 4 spells. As the RP goes on, I'll allow for more spells to be gained in other ways, but this seems a logical way to hand them out for now.

The FAQ!

Spoiler Tab/FAQ Must Read:

The Application!

Spoiler Tab/The Sheet!:

The Judgement!

Your app for magic may or may not be accepted, I will make some magic hard to obtain and such, so when i feel you have improved as a Role Player enough you may earn the higher magics you are applying for.

The List!

High Magic - that which is granted by the powers and grace of a God/dess or Daeva.
The power to create and to destroy, to give and just as simply to take away. Gods in their own right the Daeva hold the power to influence the world around them in countless ways, but few are motivated to direct involvement. The Daeva of today are content to meddle in the affairs of man and beast from afar, gifting power to their chosen servants to aid these acolytes in carrying out their bidding. Daeva do not easily part with their power, and magic of this form requires a strong connection between mage and patron. Even the simplest of spells require a mix of prayer and ritual to be performed. The length of complexity of these is dependent on the complexity of the spell.

● The average spell takes upwards of 30 seconds of complete concentration on the prayer to complete, though there are reports of powerful spells taking an entire day to perform. During this time the caster slips into a trance like state and is unable to react to the world around them without needing to begin the prayer again.

Spoiler Tab/AVAILABLE SUBSETS OF MAGIC:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Independent Magic - that which is granted by the power of self and soul.
For as strong as the Daeva and the Muses are they do not create their own power, merely channel the power present in all life. A mage unbound to any single patron can call upon the energy of their own soul to power their magic. These mages are not bound by distance or hampered by prayer, they can call upon their magic freely, but this freedom comes at great cost. Personal Magic slowly erodes the soul, and when practiced without great moderation it will quickly plunge a mage into madness.

● The average mage can cast around 5 spells in quick succession or as many as 10 to 20 over the course of a day so long as they are spaced out. While there is no physical limit on this, any more and they will begin to cause permanent damage to their soul. There have been reports of overeager mages losing themselves in a matter of hours.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Realm Magic - that which is granted by the powers and grace of a muse/muses.
Guardians of the natural world, the Muses of The Relms defend their realms fiercely. But not unlike the Daeva, these powerful beings often call on the aid of their faithful to carry out their will. The bond between a muse and their chosen servants is more symbiotic than that of priest to Daeva and this means that a mage can call upon the magic power of their muse without the cumbersome prayers and rituals. But where Daeva are all present a Muse is tethered to their physical dominion, such as a forest or stream, and the power slowly wanes as a mage ventures farther from the source.

● Most mages working under the patronage of a muse will begin to notice fall off from their spells the moment they lose sight of that muse's domain. This fall off continues gradually until they find themselves unable to use their given magic at all, without paying the cost of it with their own soul.

The Notes!

Feel free to PM me questions, and I need to tell you about the "Numbers" before each spell such as. "[2,500]" This. These are rewritten spells for another RP I'm in, in which we use merit to buy the spells. That is the merit cost but for now, simply ignore it.

BE sure to click to spoiler tabs, there's a lot of text within them but this makes it easier to navigate. Hope this helps.

ALL THINGS PERTAINING TO MERIT IS VOID FOR NOW!

The Conclusion!

Last edited by Ventriloquist on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:48 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Academy of Magic Spell Shop Left_bar_bleue84/84Academy of Magic Spell Shop Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Academy of Magic Spell Shop   Academy of Magic Spell Shop EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 6:37 am

Account Name: Nottu
Character Profile: Lysander
----------
Magic Class:Independent
Magic Field: Elemental
Magic Type: Fire.

Magic Type: Water

Magic Type: Earth
------------
Magic Type: Air

Magic Field: Effigy
Magic Type: Scripting

Magic Field: Manipulation
Magic Type: Telekinesis

How it would be acquired: "Years inside the subdimension, Lysander developed his arcane might and grew into a powerful young sorcerer."
During his years at the Regnum Arcane Academy, Lysander mastered basic Elemental powers and learned to control mental magic, allowing him to move and control things with his mind. He also learned of the base forms of Enchantment from his studies.

If this is wrong I will fix it if need be

By the power vested in me, I grant thee use of these magic arts! Approved by Ventriloquist! Now Join The RP
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Academy of Magic Spell Shop Left_bar_bleue100/100Academy of Magic Spell Shop Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Academy of Magic Spell Shop   Academy of Magic Spell Shop EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Account Name: Gallows
Character Profile: Marcurio Telvanni

----------
Magic Class: Independent
Magic Type: Water (Ice)

If I understand this correctly, I might only choose 3 magic types out of the elemental school, right? Honestly, I don't really want any other elemental magic, so I'll go to my "bonus" magic:

Magic Type: Animation

Marcurio always had a strong affinity to Ice magic, most likely an inheritance from his mother.
In his long years studying under his grandfather he was made familiar with countless other types of magic, although he rejects them out of simple hatered towards his mentor. The onl yother magic type he found himself using, was the art of Animation, due to simple pragmacy.

Editor's Note:Animation Magic Field was changed to Effigy, Type to Animation. No harm done. Elemental Ice has been changed to water. Reason; Water magic grants control of Ice. No harm done. Suggestions; state that your character has greater control over ice than others, which is perfectly reasonable if he tends to lean more towards it than other states of water.

By the power vested in me, I grant thee use of these magic arts! Approved by Ventriloquist! Now Join The RP

Last edited by Gallows on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Valkoor Lightheart

Leona

Location : Sitting in my room on my bed, thinking of a truly limitless world, filled with endless skies and adventure around every corner.

Character Sheet
Name: Edmund
HP:
Academy of Magic Spell Shop Left_bar_bleue900/100Academy of Magic Spell Shop Empty_bar_bleue  (900/100)

PostSubject: Re: Academy of Magic Spell Shop   Academy of Magic Spell Shop EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 6:27 pm

Account Name: Valkoor Lightheart
Name of your RP character: Sairento Soyokaze
----------------------------------------------
Magic Class: Indep.
Magic Type: Wind

Magic Type: Earth (can only draw iron out of anything and craft it into the shape of a bladed feather.)

Magic Type: Telekinesis (Stronger throw than a heavy gust of wind.)

Magic Class: Empty
Magic Field:
Magic Type:

Acquisition: Not known how or why, but the oddly timed tornado that took him granted him odd powers of controlling wind and the ability to fire Iron Feathers.

Last edited by Valkoor Lightheart on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Rose la Kill

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Academy of Magic Spell Shop   Academy of Magic Spell Shop EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 12:08 am

Account Name: White Rose Dragon
Character Profile: Rose Asmodeus
----------
Magic Class: Realm 'Regno'
Magic Field: Natural 'Naturale'
Magic Type: Creation 'Creazione'

Magic Type: Growth 'Crescita' or 'Crescere'

Magic Type: Destruction 'Morire' or 'Destruzione'

Come sarebbero stati acquisiti: Rose era sempre al suo più felice ogni volta che vedeva un fiore, o toccare i petali di una rosa. Ma questo spettacolo è raro vedere in legno e bagnato venezia. Rose sentito che era un obbligo su di lui per creare e proteggere ogni forma di vita vegetale, ma non sapeva come. Nella libreria di Venezia, tuttavia, c'era un libro, chiamando a lui. Un libro che ha fatto sapere come creare, crescere, e distruggere la vita delle piante dal nulla.

How it would be acquired: Rose was always at his happiest whenever he could see a flower, or touch the petals of a rose. But this sight is rare to see in wooden and wet venice. Rose felt it was an obligation on him to create and protect all plant life, but he didn't know how to. In the Library of Venice, however, there was a book, calling out to him. A book that did know how to create, grow, and destroy plant life out of nothing.

Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Academy of Magic Spell Shop   Academy of Magic Spell Shop EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Account Name: Mokuntaku
Character Profile: Vial Cairnthyn
----------
Magic Class: High
Magic Field: Ecclesiastic Magic
Magic Type: Initiate Ghoul

Magic Type: Initiate Spectre

Magic Type: Initiate Wight

Magic Field: Necromancy
Magic Type: Elemental (Shadow)

Magic Field: Necromancy
Magic Type: Destruction

Magic Type: Water

Magic Type: Enchanting

(Before you take one look at this and say too many spells, remember, I am going to apply to be a teacher if my CS is approved. I believe it is a total of 5 in my category, one less than the max you said you'd allow, and two outside. This meaning I still have the opportunity for a bit more outside my category.)

How it would be acquired:

(This is an excerpt from my bio, so if you read it you would be able to understand why it is in 3rd person)

One night, I heard a faint whisper, a woman’s voice. Many a night I had this dream, and many a night, the voice would get stronger and stronger. Eventually I was able to hear the voice in clarity. It promised me power. It promised me money, women, respect. All that was needed on my part was a menial task. I had to kill my king, and extract from his finger, the new form of the artifact which I stole from that village so many years ago. I didn’t question its change in form, I did what I was told. A loyal soldier. I had to present this artifact to the woman of my dreams. And oh, was I rewarded. The women. The money. The POWER. This new, channeling power within me! Years passed, through direct communication with the woman of dreams I learned to control this power. I could… resurrect the dead! Years and years passed, I learned the ways of magic, and learned the ways of a scholar. Before I knew it I was an old man, 83. And yet, the woman of dreams did not stop giving! One night, I went to sleep, and the woman of dreams spoke to me just like any other night. The morning was not so similar to any other night. I awakened and… I was YOUNG again! Oh, the joy! More years passed, and more! Yet, I did not age. I began to master my power.

You are currently using both Church Magic, (Ecclesiastic Magic ) and Necromancy, old world kind. Due to this fact, you will have to hide the latter form the church, meaning it would be a bad Idea for you to practice if "Often" Do keep that in mind, and as for your character age I will need to talk to you about that. But, as for the spells, accepted as long as you keep this in mind about the church magic.

Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Academy of Magic Spell Shop   Academy of Magic Spell Shop EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:29 am

Account Name: Ventriloquist
Character Profile: Kyle Vaughn
----------
Magic Field: Alchemy
Magic Type: Transmutation

Magic Type: Transference

Magic Type: Fusion/Deconstruction

Magic Type: Scripting/Enchantment

Magic Type: Scripting/Curse

Magic Type: Telekinesis

How it would be acquired: Upon entering the academy Kyle was noticed by the Alchemy teacher due to his analytic nature. Very, very little gets past Ky. In alchemy, this is important because the smallest mistake in the spell, and the elements needed in it can not only make your spell weaker, as with some other malpractice. In alchemy, mistakes can kill you even in low level spells. The teacher, whom now is rather fond of Ky, and Ky of him noticed this and latter found Alchemy to be Ky's alignment. He was recommended books on the magic, and read them and more. He practiced transmutation daily, and still does, he uses it for almost everything even simple tasks. Why? Beyond the fact that it's in his nature, perhaps....he feel's he can unlock the secrets of Time, or even Life, and bring Her back. As, alchemy is the art of understanding. He's also proficient in other magics simply being a junior and found those he has mastered to be of interest to him. Though of course, after learning ABOUT the magics in class he then studied them on his own, and began to practice, and seek guidance in them.

Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Academy of Magic Spell Shop   Academy of Magic Spell Shop Empty

Back to top Go down

Academy of Magic Spell Shop

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1