Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cards You think are Broken.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 12:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

We all think some cards are broken. Some we don't, simply because we think they even themselves out. I made this topic to see what you guys think about certain cards Very Happy. Don't care if it's already banned or if it's not.

Here you will figure out why some cards are banned, and why some cards aren't banned. Or Why some cards SHOULD be banned. (Warning, you post it here get ready to be bombarded by at least 4 other opinions.)

But...I need someone other than me to start Very Happy . Any Volunteers?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:25 am

Unless we all start running Vanity's Emptiness ;-;
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 8:02 am

i'm just gonna say it since nobody's smart enough to figure it out. MAIN SUMMON LIMIT IDIOTS!!!
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 11:36 am

Or side it, as well as Necrovalley. Anyway, I think the new card 'Shadow Impulse' is gonna be over powered as all hell.

Last edited by DarkSoul on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Impulse is a very meh card
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 2:53 pm

For those that don't know of it, this is its effect:

When a Synchro Monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or by card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 of those Synchro Monsters; Special Summon from your Extra Deck 1 Synchro Monster with the same Level and Type as that monster but with a different name. You can only activate 1 "Shadow Impulse" per turn.

It can be heavily abused by Scrap Dragon.

Another card I think that's insanely broken is Soul Charge. Here is its effect:

Target any number of monsters in your Graveyard; Special Summon them, and if you do, you lose 1000 Life Points for each monster Special Summoned by this effect. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Soul Charge" per turn.

It is a game changing card.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 3:29 pm

DarkSoul wrote:
For those that don't know of it, this is its effect:

When a Synchro Monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or by card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 of those Synchro Monsters; Special Summon from your Extra Deck 1 Synchro Monster with the same Level and Type as that monster but with a different name. You can only activate 1 "Shadow Impulse" per turn.

It can be heavily abused by Scrap Dragon.

Another card I think that's insanely broken is Soul Charge. Here is its effect:

Target any number of monsters in your Graveyard; Special Summon them, and if you do, you lose 1000 Life Points for each monster Special Summoned by this effect. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Soul Charge" per turn.

It is a game changing card.

scrap dragon cant abuse it XD http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Shadow_Impulse

heres a list of a few synchros that can be ss'd by it
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Rafael wrote:
i'm just gonna say it since nobody's smart enough to figure it out. MAIN SUMMON LIMIT IDIOTS!!!

There are so many cards you could run just like that to stop Soul Charge. If people REALLY wanted to stop this card above all else you could main Vanity's Emptiness, Needle Ceiling, Summon Limit, extra copies of Bottomless/Torrential if possible, Giant Trap Hole, Necrovalley, Heat Wave, Jowgen The Spiritualist, King Tiger Wanghu, Ojama Trio, Black Garden, Summon Breaker, Zombie World, etc etc etc... Like there's so many anti cards you can use against this and that's IF people consider it that much of a threat. It CAN be game changing, yes, but only if you have the lifepoints to pay for it and you know beyond doubt that your opponent has nothing to stop you.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:47 pm

zombie world can't stop it. also you can't run multiple copies of bottomless
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:51 pm

Depending on what deck they use Zombie World can make a difference .-. And IF Bottomless were to come back off the banlist a bit, I'm saying. If I could run 3 I'd happily do so
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 11:42 pm

I think they could move bottomless and torrential to 2.

Because, due to pendulums OTK's will be even more abundant then they already are Very Happy .

Mmmk broken card: Honest

If he was any higher, he would wipe us all! And he can be recycled by archlord krystia Neutral which is annoying if i can say so myself. Also Fun fact: use him against LADD, abuse his effect on field and then attack!(It has no limits....)
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 11:48 pm

Honest is a cool card for Light decks and wins games like nothing. Some days I just wish there was one for Fire attributes like Boxers ;-; (no, Counterpunch sucks.)
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:25 am

I wish there was one for all elements some times to be fair.

Back on topic, I think evilswarm exciton knight seems OP. Not even once per turn. Blows up field on either player turn AND its stays around. Only draw back is that your opponent doesn't take damage that turn. But with so much advantage... that draw back is minor.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:29 am

It's a pain in the ass to come back from. There are times when I have a really good setup and then out of nowhere a rank 4 nuke hits. Like ffs. It really is powerful. Sad thing is, is that even limiting it wouldn't stop it. 1 time is all it takes for Black Rose Dragon and this alike.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:30 am

Hero wrote:

Back on topic, I think evilswarm exciton knight seems OP. Not even once per turn. Blows up field on either player turn AND its stays around. Only draw back is that your opponent doesn't take damage that turn. But with so much advantage... that draw back is minor.

Not to mention, you can use it during your opponetns battle phase. SO basically they have to take care of it some other way... or forget about attacking. Mmm i just realized how well he would work with Soul Charge.....
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:34 am

Yuya wrote:
Hero wrote:

Not to mention, you can use it during your opponetns battle phase. SO basically they have to take care of it some other way... or forget about attacking. Mmm i just realized how well he would work with Soul Charge.....

I know I bolded "either player turn". The only good thing is, that it has to be in BP on their turn. If it was MP then it would be banned. They get enough cards to make black rose and you can just use your eff. Be broken asf.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 2:53 am

Who knows what they're gonna do with it. As far I see for right now, I'm holding off on buying SHARK and Excition Knight (with what fucking money?) until next format if anything. After this format, if something IS going to happen to them as far as the banlist, it WILL. They're the two most abused generic rank 4s in the history of this game atm.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 3:00 am

"They're the two most abused
generic rank 4s in the history of this game
atm." that sounds pretty silly XD
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 3:03 am

That's pretty accurate >.> if you can make a rank 4 you run SHARK almost always and if you have room you run Excition. If you don't you're doing life wrong
Back to top Go down

Fangirl

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 5:26 am

Slifer = BROKEN
If you can get it onto the field first or second turn its gg for teh opponent. Any monster summoned loses 2000 atk,and if it has less then 2000 atk its destroyed.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 5:30 am

set OP?
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 5:32 am

Rafael wrote:
set OP?

Marshmallon v Slifer ftw
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:36 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
Who knows what they're gonna do with it. As far I see for right now, I'm holding off on buying SHARK and Excition Knight (with what fucking money?) until next format if anything. After this format, if something IS going to happen to them as far as the banlist, it WILL. They're the two most abused generic rank 4s in the history of this game atm.

Agreed, I am disgraced by how often I have gone into Exciton tonight, even then I only won three quarters of my duels. e.e
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
Rafael wrote:
set OP?

Marshmallon v Slifer ftw

Most Slifer Oriented decks are Agents. Agents have Hyperion. By the time they get the cards they need for slifer, they will have at least 2 of those. Hyperion can blow up a card per turn by banishing from the grave. So not only do you keep somewhat of your hand, you also clear field. Not to mention he isn't particularly hard to summon. And with the field spell make it two cards (But i haven't seen any who run that field spell.)

Neutral Marshmallon wouldn't stand a chance. If we still had RFDD, I'd use a slifer deck with it. That way I get out 3 of em with epic ATK points. Some even run Fairy Meteor Crush to do Piercing.

You're gonna need to negate the effects of Slifer in order to stop it easily But he isn't the only threat normally. Cool Thankfully, Felgrand is just the right amount of awesome for that Laughing or Catastor Cool
Back to top Go down

DracoKnight

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Draco
HP:
Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue410/500Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (410/500)

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Slifer isn't really that broken. No I'm not saying that because i have Slifer. It isn't even my best card. my deck is oriented towards getting blue syes and Dark magician on the feild
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 5:22 pm

slifer1 wrote:
Slifer isn't really that broken. No I'm not saying that because i have Slifer. It isn't even my best card. my deck is oriented towards getting blue syes and Dark magician on the feild

My friend, normally cards aren't broken. It's the combinations you make with them that are Razz. In the case of Harpies Feather Duster and Raigeki also Pot of greed, those rules are not valid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cards You think are Broken.   Cards You think are Broken. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cards You think are Broken.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2