Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Game Changer Idea...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Faith

Leona

A Game Changer Idea... Empty
PostSubject: A Game Changer Idea...   A Game Changer Idea... EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 12:09 am

Reading through a recent post which was made yesterday by 'Nottu' I quickly came to the conclusion and had a instant thought, now this is solely my thought and I will respect the feedback and such if others decide to debate with me.

Right, I was thinking that to make this even more roleplay'ish' we could introduce deck limitations you could say? it kinda revolves around Yu-Gi-Oh GX since this idea came from the whole Slifer, Ra, Obelisk dorm/rivalry.

To spice things up and to make getting promoted a much harder challenge but also make things more rewarding I suggest bring this lore into play...

*Max 40 Cards*

Slifer Duelists: Contain only level 1-4 star monsters in there deck, with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 level 5-6 monster cards.

Ra: Same applies 1-4 with the exception of a few more 5-6 stars, maybe even 1-2 level 7

Obelisk: Pretty much anything but nothing obviously too destructive.

I just think this brings a stronger sense of role-play and strategy to the academy duels since you don't normally see a Slifer walking around with Exodia and the 3 god cards in his/her pocket do you?

These decks are only specific to role-play only, that's not to say your current deck might actually already have these requirements so you'll be ok but otherwise it should be fun. You can obviously still keep your current decks for competitive/friendly dueling elsewhere and such but I can't see that having '1' roleplay deck will hurt since it is simply going to make this academy far better in my opinion.

Also in regards to Teaching/Homework what is that? as you all know I recently joined under 2-3 hours ago so I'm unaware about this, can't we do all that again?

All feedback will be respected.

Many Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
A Game Changer Idea... Left_bar_bleue100/100A Game Changer Idea... Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: A Game Changer Idea...   A Game Changer Idea... EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 12:50 am

But......

How am I to destroy Ra's and Obelisk's without my OP level 8's Sad ?
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
A Game Changer Idea... Left_bar_bleue1000/1000A Game Changer Idea... Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: A Game Changer Idea...   A Game Changer Idea... EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 1:37 am

xyz don XD
Back to top Go down

Faith

Leona

PostSubject: Nope?   A Game Changer Idea... EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 3:57 pm

I thought this was a really good idea, apparently not. Sad
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
A Game Changer Idea... Left_bar_bleue84/84A Game Changer Idea... Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: A Game Changer Idea...   A Game Changer Idea... EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Role Play only decks. I think I can see where you were going with this idea. Its not a bad idea but I don't know that we'd incorporate into the Testing system if that was what you were saying.
Back to top Go down

Faith

Leona

PostSubject: Re: A Game Changer Idea...   A Game Changer Idea... EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 5:24 pm

That's the thing though, with the testing it doesn't matter if you win/lose does it? so it should be ok...
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
A Game Changer Idea... Left_bar_bleue84/84A Game Changer Idea... Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: A Game Changer Idea...   A Game Changer Idea... EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 5:29 pm

True, however the Testing doesn't go along with the Rp style we also have here at ODA. Now, if you wanted to try a RP version of the testing system, I think we could make a game for that Smile
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
A Game Changer Idea... Left_bar_bleue100/100A Game Changer Idea... Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: A Game Changer Idea...   A Game Changer Idea... EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 5:30 pm

Faith wrote:
That's the thing though, with the testing it doesn't matter if you win/lose does it? so it should be ok...

The problem is if you have no high level monsters or good deck then how do you even show that you can make good decks (deck build) or use your cards to win (use of cards) and side well?
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: A Game Changer Idea...   A Game Changer Idea... EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 7:18 pm

I duno. For tests and such we aren't really a role play based community TBH. People join here to play yugioh, not to roleplay. However, SOME of us LOVE RP, thus its a sub section of the forum. Trying to make the entire forum fit into some RP rules would likely anger a lot of the members, whom simply want to show you "What they can do in real life, not in RP" with their decks.

Final Verdict: Yugioh is hard to RP. Its a lot more casual than anything. I like the idea myself cuz I'm down for some RP, however I don't think the academy as a whole would like it. But who knows o-o.
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: A Game Changer Idea...   A Game Changer Idea... EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 11:39 pm

This is not roleplay Razz

And even if this idea were to be accepted, it would not change the power of decks. The strongest deck out right now, Fire Fist, is a level 4 XYZ deck.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: A Game Changer Idea...   A Game Changer Idea... EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 8:11 am

Evil wrote:
This is not roleplay Razz

And even if this idea were to be accepted, it would not change the power of decks. The strongest deck out right now, Fire Fist, is a level 4 XYZ deck.

Indeed, its just a forum. You can be part of a forum, and post without role playing.
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Game Changer Idea...   A Game Changer Idea... Empty

Back to top Go down

A Game Changer Idea...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1