Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What kind of tournament do you want to see next?
Tag team tournament
New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) 2agw9kx_th30%New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) 9k7cr8_th
 30% [ 10 ]
XYZ boss battle
New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) 2agw9kx_th18%New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) 9k7cr8_th
 18% [ 6 ]
Vanilla tournament
New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) 2agw9kx_th12%New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) 9k7cr8_th
 12% [ 4 ]
Single type tournament
New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) 2agw9kx_th9%New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) 9k7cr8_th
 9% [ 3 ]
Single attribute tournament
New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) 2agw9kx_th12%New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) 9k7cr8_th
 12% [ 4 ]
Single archtype tournament
New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) 2agw9kx_th6%New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) 9k7cr8_th
 6% [ 2 ]
Noob monster tournament (only allowed to use monsters 500 attack and under)
 12% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Left_bar_bleue0/0New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Empty
PostSubject: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 6:03 pm

So my idea fountain is running dry of anything that I think would interest you guys as far as my tournaments go. Is there any particular tournament(s) that people would like to see made? I'm open to ideas and really want to get activity going. Personally I'm thinking of making a blast from the past tourny (first 3 packs, although attempts at it have been unsuccessful) and an all vanilla main deck tourny.

What are your ideas? I am a Fluff of the people.

Last edited by Fluff Fluff on Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Left_bar_bleue100/100New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 6:09 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
So my idea fountain is running dry of anything that I think would interest you guys as far as my tournaments go. Is there any particular tournament(s) that people would like to see made? I'm open to ideas and really want to get activity going. Personally I'm thinking of making a blast from the past tourny (first 3 packs, although attempts at it have been unsuccessful) and an all vanilla main deck tourny.

XYZ tournament. Main deck is normal but the extra deck has 15 of the SAME xyz. Its war of the XYZ. No archtypes allowed since obviously heros or six spams can summon warrior xyx's easily etc.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Left_bar_bleue0/0New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 7:35 pm

I remember us doing that at UNA. Sounds like a decent idea. I wish more people had access to dev because then we could do a tag team tournament where the winners face each other in the final round. Sadly, DN doesn't have that. My current ideas, including the one you just suggested, are:

1. Tag team tournament
2. XYZ boss battle
3. Vanilla tournament
4. Single type tournament
5. Single attribute tournament
6. Single archtype tournament
7. Noob monster tournament (only allowed to use monsters 500 attack and under)

Aside from that I don't have much. I remember having so many ideas back in the days of the elemental tournament but now I feel like I need more. Do any of my ideas above interest anyone?
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Left_bar_bleue100/100New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 8:41 pm

Fluff Fluff wrote:
I remember us doing that at UNA. Sounds like a decent idea. I wish more people had access to dev because then we could do a tag team tournament where the winners face each other in the final round. Sadly, DN doesn't have that. My current ideas, including the one you just suggested, are:

1. Tag team tournament
2. XYZ boss battle
3. Vanilla tournament
4. Single type tournament
5. Single attribute tournament
6. Single archtype tournament
7. Noob monster tournament (only allowed to use monsters 500 attack and under)

Aside from that I don't have much. I remember having so many ideas back in the days of the elemental tournament but now I feel like I need more. Do any of my ideas above interest anyone?

Does sound pretty good. Try making a poll so everyone body can choose on what they like.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Poll added. I think I allowed multiple votes so check whichever ones you guys think are good ideas.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Left_bar_bleue1000/1000New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Hero wrote:
Fluff Fluff wrote:

XYZ tournament. Main deck is normal but the extra deck has 15 of the SAME xyz. Its war of the XYZ. No archtypes allowed since obviously heros or six spams can summon warrior xyx's easily etc.

ive been in a tourny like that i decided to go herp derp and played in the most trolliest of ways XD
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Left_bar_bleue84/84New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Single Type sounds fun. I'd have voted Xyz Boss Battle if Dark Magician of Illusions was a choice.
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Vanilla tournament plz.
Sonic fucks are ready >Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Left_bar_bleue84/84New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Sonic whats?
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:41 pm

I'm not 100% sure how I'd structure the vanilla tournament though. I'd think it would probably be all vanillas in main/side deck with no restrictions on extra deck considering there's very little synchro/xyz without effects. In order to make it truly vanilla I'd either have to seriously restrict side deck monsters or frankly just eliminate the use of a side deck in general. Idk.
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:58 pm

Nottu wrote:
Sonic whats?
Sonic fucks Very Happy

Instead of having set rules for the vanilla tournament why not leave it to approval? Cause my sonic fucks deck has a lot vanillas and a bunch of effect monsters as well. As for my arachnophobia deck that has only 3 vanillas, It's still a vanilla deck because it's obvious that the deck revolves around them. So if we do go through with that i don't think set rules will work well, an approval system would work better.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:25 am

Yea idk how I'm gonna do it. As good of vanilla players as I've seen, even the best run at least 1 effect monster if anything. The way I'm thinking of it, it would be more like running all vanillas and relying on sheer power to win. I could allow effect monsters in the extra deck so there's some type of chance of using effects or I could leave it closed out to anything that has an effect. Basically the extra deck would be for old school fusions at that point. I'd probably leave it up for debate but idk.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:28 am

Fluff Fluff wrote:
Yea idk how I'm gonna do it. As good of vanilla players as I've seen, even the best run at least 1 effect monster if anything. The way I'm thinking of it, it would be more like running all vanillas and relying on sheer power to win. I could allow effect monsters in the extra deck so there's some type of chance of using effects or I could leave it closed out to anything that has an effect. Basically the extra deck would be for old school fusions at that point. I'd probably leave it up for debate but idk.

That actually sounds alright if only vanilla in main and extra deck, A perfect just popped into my head xD
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:32 am

At this point I'm between vanilla and xyz boss tourny next. Those seem to be the most liked ones considering not everyone has dev.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:37 am

Fluff Fluff wrote:
At this point I'm between vanilla and xyz boss tourny next. Those seem to be the most liked ones considering not everyone has dev.

The type tournament also seems to be liked. That could also be good imo.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:40 am

I'd like to run that but I feel like once I pick a type it'll pretty much turn into the strongest archtype being the only deck chosen. Like if I were to pick fiend it would have a bit of diversity but if I picked something like thunder you only really have Hunders and Watts. I'd have to carefully choose it
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:45 am

Fluff Fluff wrote:
I'd like to run that but I feel like once I pick a type it'll pretty much turn into the strongest archtype being the only deck chosen. Like if I were to pick fiend it would have a bit of diversity but if I picked something like thunder you only really have Hunders and Watts. I'd have to carefully choose it

Actually if you pick fiend, you will only get dark worlds. Also I assumed when you said single type tourny, I thought you meant that it would be teams of that type against others. Like the attribute tournyies we have had but with types. That sounds better to me.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:16 am

I kinda figured some people may use archfiends or Fabled but those are easily outclassed by Dark World so I guess you're right. That would work out better. Although we'd really need to cut back on the number of types. Like maybe have 4 separate types. It'd also be a matter of not picking something completely overpowered.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:23 am

Fluff Fluff wrote:
I kinda figured some people may use archfiends or Fabled but those are easily outclassed by Dark World so I guess you're right. That would work out better. Although we'd really need to cut back on the number of types. Like maybe have 4 separate types. It'd also be a matter of not picking something completely overpowered.

Well some types will probably not be used like rock (unless everyone makes rock stun...) or sea serpant etc. So if members can agree to about 4-5 types then that would be fine. That is, IF we do the type tournament.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:27 am

Sounds like a good plan for that and the vanilla tournament anyway. As far as the xyz boss battle, I'm assuming it's probably gonna be run like how the old one at UNA was. Xyz monsters distributed on a first come first served basis and having decks based solely around that specific xyz monster. I liked that tournament idea myself
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 7:03 am

I don't like the idea of no archetypes for the xyz one. I don't like it at all. That restricts a lot of xyzs from even being used, and puts unneeded restrictions on the players' decks. Personally I feel like if archetypes are being used to summon xyzs, it shouldn't be banned
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 7:05 am

I wouldn't restrict it to no archtypes myself. That'd be a really stupid way to run it. Everyone would just be using like tin goldfish and summoner monk all over the place. Not my kind of tournament. If we're doing xyz boss battle it's gonna be do what you gotta do to summon out that xyz
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 7:06 am

Yeah, in which case that's my favorite of the ideas. I even have my deck built already
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 7:07 am

Is it the same one from UNA when we had the tournament there? Lol
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 7:08 am

Yeah :p. (I'll have to make a couple changes though)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)   New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW) Empty

Back to top Go down

New tournaments for the academy (POLL HERE VOTE NOW)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next