Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Academy Poll : The merge with CEA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Academy Decision
Merge/move to CEA
Academy Poll : The merge with CEA 2agw9kx_th40%Academy Poll : The merge with CEA 9k7cr8_th
 40% [ 8 ]
Don't Merge/move to CEA
Academy Poll : The merge with CEA 2agw9kx_th60%Academy Poll : The merge with CEA 9k7cr8_th
 60% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

Academy Poll : The merge with CEA Empty
PostSubject: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:16 am

Well, I would love to offer things, the issue is we already have 17 staff members on CEA, which is exactly the amount I want to carry us to 2000 members. I am interested in growing of course, and to unite the yugioh community, and as I told you we will be using DN very soon. but I don't know what I can offer really because I can't promise staff positions when we already have a lot of staff, more than needed for our size at the moment. I mean it's not like DP is gonna mean much xD but of course CEA would be open to them, and we would accomodate any move and we have people for everything, math geniuses, programmers, pro players, gfxers, so anything we need we can get. Plus we have some big names so we have good contacts that's how we're getting in with DN, we're not just gonna start using it, we're gonna talk to the people in charge of it and I'm either working with Percy or Devpro yeah I just got a new Mod as of today, since I'm reopening Pandamonium Pot, as well as a new section or 2. Then 2 new testers since we're getting a good flow of members each day, and I know members always want more testers, so by getting more it won't put too much strain on the ones we have. There is ONE staff position which I want to fill, a 2nd Game Master, so we can do 2 different roleplays, and be able to manage games with different time zones, since Zex is US time, and most of the forum is EU. ( I have a staff position as teachers there already). But yeah that's what he said.

With that being said, I taisakuno shouri would like to say a few things. Before you guys say he was bragging, that was only his response to my questions. The staff there are highly reliable, have everything planned, and it is one of the best possibly the best organized academy. You never have any Drama there, and most of the time, people will socialize and have fun. Very rarely does an admin need to come in and deal with anything chat related. Very rarely do the mods need to prevent things on sight, because they moderate that well. I speak from this , because I am also a teacher there. Ultimately it's the academy's decision, so don't ignore this..

Here is link : http://www.chaosera.org/

Last edited by Taisakuno Shouri on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Academy Poll : The merge with CEA Left_bar_bleue100/100Academy Poll : The merge with CEA Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:25 am

hhhmm tough decision i say we put it up for our entire academy to vote
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:44 am

jammy wrote:
hhhmm tough decision i say we put it up for our entire academy to vote

Ill move and update
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Academy Poll : The merge with CEA Left_bar_bleue100/100Academy Poll : The merge with CEA Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:49 am

its in staff only i meant like the ENTIRE academy.
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:03 pm

I say lets merge because the more members the more duels more opponents and more friends ^^ 

and also i think its time for a change even though it might be difficult/weird at the beginning joining with other people changes r necessary to complete our goals
Back to top Go down

MADA MADA DANE

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:07 pm

i also believe that merging would be a good idea like when sda merged with that other academy, it means more people more activity more duels and more friends
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:33 pm

If they merge that means we have more people to talk to and such. I'm for this idea. ^_^
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Academy Poll : The merge with CEA Left_bar_bleue0/0Academy Poll : The merge with CEA Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:39 pm

There's a thing as too many members.  And which academy would they sign up for?  Sorry, never liked the idea.
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:11 am

We want this to be as active as possible right? More members who are active will do that. As for the merging, I think the one who is in charge will let their members know so that they can come here and join. I think it's a fantastic idea.
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:01 am

Pride The Arrogant wrote:
There's a thing as too many members.  And which academy would they sign up for?  Sorry, never liked the idea.

Pride your right but we cant guarantee that all those members will be active
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:39 am

I don't know... it doesn't really sit right with me.  Most of the staff here has worked tirelessly to improve ODA and become a strong academy, and we are in the top 3 best academies.  You are asking us to move our entire community there, and I am not sure we even have a standard affiliation yet.  Not  only this, but the entire stadd that ODA knows and loves will go down to regular members.  I just don't like the idea...
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:50 am

I don't like the idea of merging either, i mean it may seem like a good idea. But i think about it this way, we may get new friends but also new enemies. If you guys want more people just recruit Razz also we have worked a long time for this academy i don't see why we should stop and merge. And for you staff you may not even get to keep those positions you worked for. It could be a completely different place then what ODA is now and some of you may not like it after a while :/. I personally don't wanna see that ever. This is indeed a group vote but i hope you guys consider everything else first Sad .
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:55 am

Something I forgot to mention in my earlier post that may seem a bit childish (but very valid) is why must we go to them?  Why can they not come to us?  ODA is, in my opinion, THE BEST academy out there.  Now, in a blunt way, basically what you are proposing is allowing them to mass-recruit 300+ members.  That is all it seems to me, because it won't even be the same community, and none of the same staff. I'm sorry, just after all the work that I and many others put into this place I'd hate to just GIVE it to another academy.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:29 am

I agree with evil also we could lose the very people we have gotten to know while this academy has grown. Plus having more members doesnt mean they will be nice Sad i spent 5 minutes at another academy and they were pretty rude :/. I hope you guys reconsider this.
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:56 am

ive been with this academy for a long time and i dont see merging as being a good idea ...affiliates sure fine whatever   but  lots of time and effort has been put into this place and just letting it be merged with another acedemy doesnt seem like a good move we have lots of members and a pretty active chatbox and its only gettin more so  i have to agree with evil ...even if you go im staying here...  so give me the keys before you go i wouldnt let this place die
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Academy Poll : The merge with CEA Left_bar_bleue84/84Academy Poll : The merge with CEA Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 4:01 am

Evil said it best.
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 4:34 am

Vetrix wrote:
I agree with evil also we could lose the very people we have gotten to know while this academy has grown. Plus having more members doesnt mean they will be nice Sad i spent 5 minutes at another academy and they were pretty rude :/. I hope you guys reconsider this.
What Do you mean "you"? Everyone is voting it's not just the staff. Why would cea move over here? They are top competitor, even to DA itself. It even became 1st for a good month. On the contrary, what does cea have that we don't? That's the question you should ask yourselves. Idk know if anyone can tell, but us oda at rank 3 is the defining line of the top dogs. We won't even get close to 2nd if we don't work harder. Not I only this, but it's summertime. More academies more competition. We've only been barely sliding by. Well as a person from Ndc growing to an admin here I'm tired of being behind and not exactly ahead. This place needs more umph, and we can't do that if people don't start doing what they need to do. I know, I know, you don't gain anything material for doing this, but you could at least try. You aren't working for oda for staff, you are working for oda for the people. I want people to start proving to me that it matters, otherwise is just click the merge button,  even if its 8-11
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 4:38 am

Evil does have a really good point. . . .
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Academy Poll : The merge with CEA Left_bar_bleue0/0Academy Poll : The merge with CEA Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:07 am

Taisakuno Shouri wrote:
Vetrix wrote:

What Do you mean "you"? Everyone is voting it's not just the staff. Why would cea move over here? They are top competitor, even to DA itself. It even became 1st for a good month. On the contrary, what does cea have that we don't? That's the question you should ask yourselves. Idk know if anyone can tell, but us oda at rank 3 is the defining line of the top dogs. We won't even get close to 2nd if we don't work harder. Not I only this, but it's summertime. More academies more competition. We've only been barely sliding by. Well as a person from Ndc growing to an admin here I'm tired of being behind and not exactly ahead. This place needs more umph, and we can't do that if people don't start doing what they need to do. I know, I know, you don't gain anything material for doing this, but you could at least try. You aren't working for oda for staff, you are working for oda for the people. I want people to start proving to me that it matters, otherwise is just click the merge button,  even if its 8-11

I'm pretty sure he was referring to everyone that considered the joining.  If you're asking what CEA has that we don't, it's other academies coming wanting to join and go there..  We don't need to help them by doings things like this.  :/  Well..  o_o  Unless we want to help them..  But that's something different.  The point is.  I'm willing to help out in whatever way possible, but running away to a different location isn't the answer...  This academy is already extremely successful and you all should be proud of that.  You said that people start needing to do things?  What can we all start doing?
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
Academy Poll : The merge with CEA Left_bar_bleue84/84Academy Poll : The merge with CEA Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:27 am

If ODA merges, I'm out.

Just sayin.
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 am

So it's settled, were not merging.
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:36 am

good, i kinda didn't feel good about moving right after making the improvements we've been making.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:45 am

Thank the gods.
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:52 am

slifer says your welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Academy Poll : The merge with CEA   Academy Poll : The merge with CEA Empty

Back to top Go down

Academy Poll : The merge with CEA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: ODA Forum Archive :: Suggestions and ODA Support-