Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragonborn's Test Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Dragonborn's Test Results Left_bar_bleue100/100Dragonborn's Test Results Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Dragonborn's Test Results Empty
PostSubject: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 1:54 am

Noble Knights v.s Fire Fist

Match Results: 5/15
Tester won 2-1 ggs

Ruling Knowledge: 20/20
He got all 5 answers correct.

Attitude: 2/2
No Complaints

Duel Control: 6/10
The games went back and forth for the most part. When he lost his monsters though he had trouble bouncing back (Lost his monsters to torrential and Sacred Noble Knight King Artorigus). He got around my Sacred Noble Knight of King Artorigus (It couldn't be targeted by effects and once per turn it couldn’t be destroyed by battle or card effect).
Use of Cards: 18/20
I think he used his cards as best as he could. He got out decent fields, and secured his monsters with Tensen and Gyokkou. (Locked my torrential down which let him summon more.)
Deck Consistency: 16/20
He drew great cards for the most part. Tenki helped him search for things he needed. Void Trap Hole very interesting choice to use against Noble Knights. He didn't start off fast sometimes.
Main Deck Suggestions:
- 2 Fiendish
- 1 Maxx “C”
- 1 Mirror Force (Optional)
+1 Rekindling
+ 2 Dimensional Prison

With Dragons, You can lock their colors but Mirror Force can just let them try again next turn.

Concentration: 2/3
Focused on the game. A bit of misclicks with Abyss Dweller though. And he did try using Xyz Encore on my Artorigus with no XYZ materials.

Side Deck: 10/15
He has a full side deck. The side deck was good but it could have contained a few more cards that would have helped. He has cards that special summon from graveyard which conflicts with Dimensional Fissure.
Side Deck Suggestions:
+ 1 Maxx “C”
+ 3 Imperial Iron Wall
- 2 Void Trap Hole

Total points: 79/100

Welcome to Ra.
Back to top Go down

The RealDeal

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 3:42 am

Congrats man! Can't wait for my test.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:
Dragonborn's Test Results Left_bar_bleue100/100Dragonborn's Test Results Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 3:58 am

Congratulations on getting into Ra! I myself am in the middle of my own test.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Dragonborn's Test Results Left_bar_bleue84/84Dragonborn's Test Results Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 5:49 am

Congratulations Dragonborn. Welcome to the Ra Yellow dorm.

NOTE: The RealDeal, shrink your avi please. Too wide.
Back to top Go down

The RealDeal

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 5:55 am

What do you mean too wide? It looks perfectly normal to me.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Dragonborn's Test Results Left_bar_bleue0/0Dragonborn's Test Results Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 6:24 am

Congrats on making Ra. And Nottu is right; your profile pic is stretching the screen. If you'd change it or make it smaller that'd be great.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Dragonborn's Test Results Left_bar_bleue0/0Dragonborn's Test Results Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 6:27 am

TC, your records are easy to keep track of.  Good.  And great job Dragonborn.  It's always great to see more Ra's!  Wink
Back to top Go down

The RealDeal

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 6:50 am

Haaaaa, I just won't use a dp then
Back to top Go down

Dovahkiin

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 2:39 pm

I've have some disagreements with the changes you've asked me. First of all , I wouldn't want to draw rekindling early at the game , having it at 1 is enough and it decreases it's draw percentage and umm i only have 2 targets for rekindling so why would i want it early anyway? Dragons are dead so i see no point for having imperial iron wall especially at 3(maybe 1,2) , Void trap hole is just great for decks that has OP monsters that can overpower Firefists on it's own and it's a great side vs Noble knights not really sure why would i take that out too .. Fiendish chain is gonna be great in the upcoming format especially that FF , Bujin , Constellar will own , It's more important than prison and also i didn't construct this deck to counter Dragons since they are banned in tests , also D.Fissure is a great card not to have with fire fists especially that it works awesome with them and of course whenever i main d.fissure , I know what to take out XD.

and Lol , Thanks for the welcome guys Very Happy, I am aiming Obby now :p
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 4:56 pm

First off, I already knew you were going to argue the deck changes, so I came prepared for that. You are still in September 2013 format, so your results and decks should be about september 2013 format. Dragons are still not dead yet. Isthe test in January? No. Also if the test was in january I would have made even more major changes to the deck, such as the maindecked 3 maxx C. Check the new supposed meta and tell me exactly how maining 3 maxx C will even be a good option and not veiler just 2 veiler. Void trap hole still isnt a good call to make yet, and noble knights will be no where near tier 1, so bringing up how good a side card is against them, is pointless. When a tester fixes your deck he isnt going to fix it solely because dragons are banned, hes going to fix it based off as if you are playing it competively, not just in a testing environment. Btw you have 4 targets for rekindling and even if you draw rekindling early, its so easy to get through leap and spirit with 3/4 axis with the setups they have. Its a game killer, a game ender. Like hoe geargia has the trap ssing 2 geargias, rekindle opens up some crazy rank options, or you can use the effects of leap, the effects arent negated. If you want to talk more about it, pm me, but the tester was not in error as the format isnt over. The tester shouldnt be like "oh the format is basically done (still 9 days), so I should ignore ghe decklist choices, considering that if we were doing january format, you would be making some major changes to the deck. i will give you the d-fissure one, I apoligize for not telling him to correct that before posting.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Then tell me how it is good advice to take out one Maxx "C" if we are still thinking in September Format? Also, as he said, Dragons are banned in the tests (I cannot verify this, as you guys removed the testing rubric), so why exactly would he want to side against it? If you go into an event, knowing a certain deck is not allowed to be played, you wouldn't build your side deck to kill it, would you?
So, considering that Dragons could not be used, I don't think his choices like Mirror Force and specially Fiendish Chain are wrong in any way. Maxx C, might be, although there is going to still be a lot of special summoning in the new format and you'll get at least a 1 for 1 off of it, be it Geargias and Infernity (!), possibly Mermails or even Lightsworn. Yes, Veiler is a possibly better choice, but you should not completly cast out Maxx C.
And seriously. Fiendish is easily of the best Traps in the game and it will get even better. Don't ever take that out.
As far as Rekindling goes, I don't think we know his build good enough to judge. Even if he has 4 targets, which isn't that many, the plays he might be able to pull off with that might now even be that important taht you would want to sacrifice space for another, possibly dead and useless card.
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:07 pm

I already spoke to him about it gallows about rekindling and he admitted the fact that there will be more rekindle uses in the following format. TC said to take out a maxx and side a maxx, so theres still3 maxx Cs. Maxx C still isn't good enough to main. No matchups except ff, and mermails will you get a 1 for 1. Geargia don't have to play if u respond to an inherent ss or ur reading a play, and the only one for one ur getting is off the trap card. LS will not be tier one. Fiendish is not easily the best traps in the game in THIS format. Were still in September, fiendish sucks against dragons and most decks this format. I don't think uve been around enough to make changes.

The point is you even if u make a deck for the testing environment alone, the tester is going to fix it as if you went out into the real competitive dueling scene. Also, you won't know dragons won't be played because unless u so "cheated" and looked at everyones deck you wont know everything played. The deck is graded on as a whole not just in the testing environment only. What do you except from most obelisk to have their side prepared for? The meta....
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Maxx C not good enough. That sentence alone disqualifies every single of your further statements. Maxx C at 3 is staple against Dragons and even if you don't go plus with it, it is an effective one for one AND stops plays. Maxx is not just for drawing, but also for preventing plays, which is something many people fail to realize. We are talking September, so 3 Maxx C are staple. Easy as that. Next format is another story.
There are several scenarios in which Geargia will give you more than just a one for one. They won't leave a strategist and a face-up Armor on the field, for you to wreck. They'll synch. And even if that wasn't the case, whenever they go into a Karakuri Synch and use the effect you are guaranteed a one for one. Same when the summon Geargiano MK-II. Same when they use Arsenal. Same when they use Geargiano. Same when they use the trap. So, there are at least 5 occasions in which you will get a one for one no matter what and in many cases oyu will prevent a board spam and OTK. Tell me again how the trap is the only one for one you would get.
And again, as per Testing Rubric, Dragons were BANNED from testing. So he went into the game KNOWING he would not face Dragons. Hence, both Fiendish and the lack of Iron Wall was perfectly fine. It is the same thing as a competitve enviroment. Assuming you go into a DNF war which clearly states a certain deck is banned, you won't side against that deck. So, as a smart player it was perfectly right not to side for Dragons, as you knew they weren't coming. Freeing space for other cards is more important in this case. That is what I would expect from an Obelisk player. Be smart, take everything to your advantage. Again, Fiendish is easily one of the best cards in the game. The game is not just Dragons.
We can argue about LS beeing Tier 1 or not, but that is besides the point.

As I see this you could not prove any of my points wrong and you even went as far as leaving several points I made out, just for your argumentations sake.
To judge a player on a competitve level, you have to know the competitive play. Just sayin'. Wink
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Gallows wrote:
Maxx C not good enough. That sentence alone disqualifies every single of your further statements. Maxx C at 3 is staple against Dragons and even if you don't go plus with it, it is an effective one for one AND stops plays. Maxx is not just for drawing, but also for preventing plays, which is something many people fail to realize. We are talking September, so 3 Maxx C are staple. Easy as that. Next format is another story.
There are several scenarios in which Geargia will give you more than just a one for one. They won't leave a strategist and a face-up Armor on the field, for you to wreck. They'll synch. And even if that wasn't the case, whenever they go into a Karakuri Synch and use the effect you are guaranteed a one for one. Same when the summon Geargiano MK-II. Same when they use Arsenal. Same when they use Geargiano. Same when they use the trap. So, there are at least 5 occasions in which you will get a one for one no matter what and in many cases oyu will prevent a board spam and OTK. Tell me again how the trap is the only one for one you would get.
And again, as per Testing Rubric, Dragons were BANNED from testing. So he went into the game KNOWING he would not face Dragons. Hence, both Fiendish and the lack of Iron Wall was perfectly fine. It is the same thing as a competitve enviroment. Assuming you go into a DNF war which clearly states a certain deck is banned, you won't side against that deck. So, as a smart player it was perfectly right not to side for Dragons, as you knew they weren't coming. Freeing space for other cards is more important in this case. That is what I would expect from an Obelisk player. Be smart, take everything to your advantage. Again, Fiendish is easily one of the best cards in the game. The game is not just Dragons.
We can argue about LS beeing Tier 1 or not, but that is besides the point.

As I see this you could not prove any of my points wrong and you even went as far as leaving several points I made out, just for your argumentations sake.
To judge a player on a competitve level, you have to know the competitive play. Just sayin'. Wink

I was talking about maining maxx C @ 3 when you are playing fist. Also if you read further instead of staring at a single sentence, then maybe you get far and understand what you are reading. And like I said again, when im grading a deck, and fixing a deck im not going to say " oh hes missing a relevant side card that SHOULD be in his deck because of the meta, but + 2 anyway". Look at most results, and most deck changes ever, will your tester fix it based on just the environment? No they will also tell you, that you need deck changes for the meta-game, and focus said changes on the FORMAT AND THE METAGAME. If you played against geargia karakuri, you'd know that playing maxx on arsenal when they are most likely will go into geargia armor will do nothing for you. So that situation is irrelevant. You can maxx on mkII but again, they can stop. The point you are missing is the fact that even IF you do maxx C against geargia they aren't put in situations to where if you do maxx C, they have to keep playing into it. Stopping isn't a big deal, they will just incorporate more hand advantage and bait maxx C. When you are playing geargia do you side in more maxx? no, you side in cards such as nobleman, system down, chimeratech if you choose to run it. And you know what will be sided out? Maxx c. Btw all your points were on geargia alone, and by what the format is looking like geargia wont really be up the top of the tier list. It will be mermmails, fire fist, prophecy, and post LVAL it will be bujin and any deck that can handle it properly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragonborn's Test Results   Dragonborn's Test Results Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragonborn's Test Results

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Testing Archive :: Test Results-