Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Elemental Tournament has begun!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 5:26 am

First topic message reminder :

The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Elemen10

Over the past two days I've gotten a far larger amount of support for this tournament than I could have imagined. Due to opinions from most of the people participating that their decks are ready and they want to start, I am hereby starting the Elemental Tournament.

As stated in the previous thread, the rules are:

1. Decks will be restricted to a single element. This means that your MAIN DECK, SIDE DECK, AND EXTRA DECK can only consist of monsters that have one element in common. (Ex: If you're joining the Fire team, all of your monsters in all three decks must be Fire attribute.) Deck merging is allowed. You can run Battlin' Jurracs so long as everything in the deck is Fire attribute. That being said, Battlin' Boxers AND Jurracs by themselves can still be used but that specific variant cannot if it is selected by another duelist. Originality is encouraged.
2. The use of Light/Dark monsters are not allowed, as they are not elements and they never will be. Yes, this means no Light/Dark monsters in the extra deck such as Big Eye.
3. There are a select few number of decks that the forum has deemed overpowered and overplayed. Thus, the following decks will be banned from use in this tournament: Mermail, Dragunity, and Fire Fist. Variants of these will also be prohibited. No Dragunity Dux in your Harpie deck.
4. Decks are restricted to one per person. This means that once a deck is chosen it is immediately locked and nobody else can choose said deck. You must keep the same deck throughout the tournament, obviously. This plus the last rule keeps originality in this tournament in check.
5. All duels will be in match format. There is no specific tournament tree or anything, so you may freely go out and duel whoever your three other element opponents are on your own time. Please refrain from killing off your own team. That'd be unfortunate.
6. At the end of the tournament, if the winning team has more than one member still intact, the remaining members can duel among each other until one is left. That sole victor will receive a special prize from myself (we'll think about this rule once the time comes).
7. Double hearts crossfire for everyone. You're allowed two losses. After that, you're out of the tournament and we offer you as a sacrifice to the great Herald of Perfection.
8. If you use Gozen Match, well... I don't know what to say.
9. To join, you will select your deck and that will determine which team you reside on. If you're planning on using Karakuri, then you're on the Earth team. Team rosters will be kept track of on this thread and will be updated as more people join.
10. Please refrain from any trash talking in duels. Let's try to keep this a friendly tournament and not an overly competitive one where you insult another person for their deck choice.
11. No use of "Barrier Statue" cards. For the rules we're playing this it would be overkill to have one of these in your deck. With the right cards you can keep these alive and lock out your opponent. The tournament isn't going to be about summoning a statue on first turn and keeping it alive with Safe Zone. They're banned.
12. Trap monsters are prohibited if they conflict with your deck. (Ex: If you have a Metal Reflect Slime in a Fire based deck, it's conflicting attributes.) Trap monsters can only be used if they match up with the attribute of which you're dueling for. This means that Embodiment of Apophis can only be used in Earth decks.
13. If any use of Light/Dark monsters are seen/used within a match, that match does not count and the loss goes to whoever used the mentioned Light/Dark cards.
14. *optional* If both players have no losses on their record, to speed up the competition, both players can engage in a game mechanism I call simultaneous double elimination. With this in play, both players can stake both of their lives remaining and the winner walks away free while the other is out of the tournament. This also gives the winner an extra life to use on their next match, should they lose. Basically, immunity.

You may start dueling whoever it is that you wish on the opposing teams. Please do not evade dueling if someone challenges you. Also keep in mind that quitting a duel early/disconnecting counts as a loss for you. I will keep a roster on here to keep track of how many wins each team as well as individual duelists have. The way I'm going to have it set up is that there will be two prizes: one prize given to the duelist who accumulates the most wins and the other to the sole victor of the final team. If one team remains and more than one member remains amongst it, remaining team members will duel to decide who will be crowned the strongest. Let the war of the elements BEGIN.

Team Wind:
-Kira-: Harpies (Fluff subbed and lost)
Fluff Fluff: Mist Valley (1 win, 2 losses)
Dev: Gusto Assault Mode (0 win, 2 losses)
Ultrapurple: Mecha Phantom (0 win, 2 losses)

Team Water:
Hero: Water Hero (1 win, 2 losses)
Digivolve4me: Gishki (0 win, 2 losses)
Clairedestroyer: Cloudians (Hero subbed and lost)

Team Fire:
Sasukat: Fire Kings (7 wins, 1 loss)
Sylveraine: Battlin' Jurracs (3 wins, 0 loss)
NepNep: Evolzar (ragequit)

Team Earth:
Valkoor Lightheart: Infested Gears (inactive)
Shredder: X-Sabers (0 win, 2 losses)
Superion Maximus: Scrap (Dropped out)
Killmatronix: Naturia (0 win, 2 losses)
Gallows: Madolche (2 wins, 2 losses)
Twiddget: Rock Stun (Banned.)
Rose: Grandsoil (1 win, 2 losses)

When you win a duel, please post a screenshot of the match and say who won.

Last edited by Fluff Fluff on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 39 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

ponyswog

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:49 am

CLAIERE <3
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:
The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:39 am

Come on Fire, bring her down!
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Kill Matronix
HP:
The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:15 am

darn this is so terrible xD come on Earth, put your shit together. hm. i'm thinking of adding another part to the "story" as a narrator here on how everything gets destroyed via Claire :/
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:29 pm

So I've been thinking up a new idea to possibly get things going faster in the tournament. 8 people remain in this tournament, 6 of which have no losses on their record. The new idea I have is what's called simultaneous double elimination (lol I couldn't think up a better name). The idea behind this is that the players who have 0 losses have both of their lives left in the tournament. Using this new, optional, rule, duelists who have 0 losses when they face another duelist with 0 losses can essentially gamble both lives and put them both on the line. So for example, if Sasu were to face Twid and they used this new mechanism, the winner of this match would have two more wins while the loser would lose both of their lives and be dismissed from the tournament.

While I think this is a good idea, some people may say that it is risky attempting this as your entire spot in the tournament is put at risk. For one, this will ensure the tournament can speed up and the faster that this tournament ends the faster the prizes will be given out (plus I can work on the narrative i'll be writing about this tournament). I am also adding another catch to this though, to see that people don't see this new mechanism as a completely reckless gamble with little payout. If in the previous example, Twid were to beat Sasu using this simultaneous double elimination tactic, this would not only count for double the wins (essential if you want the prize that goes to the person who has the most wins at the end of the tourny) but also will grant the winner AN EXTRA LIFE. This means that if they partake in another match, that match will not count against them and simply the extra life will be removed.

I think it's a good idea myself and a new thing I would like to try. People who already have one life lost at this point (Muh and Rose) cannot make use of this optional rule. Keep up the good work in the tournament, and let the best element win.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:09 pm

Ya had to lose to Kira didn't you, Muh ;-;

Also as far as the extra life: that extra life only counts for the match after the match in which its won. So the next subsequent match .-.
Back to top Go down

clairedestroyer

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 3:10 am

beat Rose 2-0. didnt get a screen cuz he folded during siding but hem will confirm.

fun fact: he was the first one to get to see my secret weapon :3c
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 4:34 am

Jeez Claire you're really taking everyone down well o.O That leaves 7. With 6 of them having no losses, I suggest the remaining people take advantage of the new simultaneous double elimination option I threw in. The extra life gotten from it could really come in handy. Also good to see the Earth team cut down a bit for once :s
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:58 am

I like how nobody cares that EARTH team's useless as a kitty but they still act as it is their strongest foe.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Well majority of the threat has been killed off on the team but you can never be too safe >.> the 3 people on it still outmatch any other individual team. Then again, they're up against Sasu, Syl, Kira, and Claire so it's hard to say how it'll turn out. I'm rooting for team Wind from the grave :s
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 5:10 pm

listen. team EARTH was never a threat to anybody. if we don't count you and your almost whole team, and all WATER if we don't count claire. basics Razz
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:
The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 5:43 pm

plus i got a card that can counter kira claire and syl just hope i can summon it fast enough
Back to top Go down

clairedestroyer

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:44 pm

can something be done about valkoor? they havent dueled ONCE and every time ive asked they just log off without answering. i know im not the only person who has had this issue. i hate to be a spoilsport but its incredibly frustrating.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Damn that really is a bit unfair, its been almost 2 weeks since the tournaments started and he hasn't had one duel. It took me two days to get eliminated since I was constantly dueling. If someone hasn't dueled for 2 weeks then its ensuring they stay in the finals. Getting in the finals due to being inactive rather than skill is just bleh..
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:05 pm

https://i.imgur.com/PCcRphW.png superion photoshopped to make it look like I lost. Can we have him banned from the tourney?

gg
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:14 pm

HOLY FUCK! superion. you're the child that Toph and Bumi had in Avatar universe!

<---------------------------- not bumi
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:17 pm

Sasukat wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/PCcRphW.png superion photoshopped to make it look like I lost. Can we have him banned from the tourney?

gg
hes joking i beat him 2-1

Killmatronix wrote:
HOLY FUCK! superion. you're the child that Toph and Bumi had in Avatar universe!

<---------------------------- not bumi
thats disgusting
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:18 pm

ik Razz remember your origins

also. i remember fluff saying that i would get eliminated if i don't duel. i had 24 h for this. i wonder what happened for you not saying this to valk, fluff
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Someone quick, finish Sasukat off. Fluff Fluff I think we should pay the person to defeat Sasukat 10000 OD.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Holy shit I can't believe Sasu actually lost one. Took him long enough >.> As far as a ransom, if I was approved by an admin to give out 10k OD I'd more than happily lol.

On the note of the Valkoor situation, he did duel once but NepNep was using Veiler so I didn't count the match against him. Since then he hasn't dueled though and that was like 5 days ago. So in that case: Valkoor has 24 hours from now to show any type of activity.
Back to top Go down

clairedestroyer

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:33 pm

lost 2-0 to superion. drawing 1 monster g2 sucks.
Back to top Go down

Beelzemon

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:35 pm

damn superion. y u no tell me which card you were using before i lost -_-
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Oh god not another one on a rampage ;-;

On a side note (not to single out team Earth) but I think the same should go for Twidd in terms of inactivity. I think he dueled on like the second day and honestly hasn't shown up since his dorm test. He's the same with the 24 hour thing.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Killmatronix wrote:
damn superion. y u no tell me which card you were using before i lost -_-
it didnt exist back then https://i.imgur.com/1eJGVRL.png
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Just out of curiosity, is Leoh the secret weapon you speak of? >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Elemental Tournament has begun!   The Elemental Tournament has begun! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Elemental Tournament has begun!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next