Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  Left_bar_bleue0/0An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  Empty
PostSubject: An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?    An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:49 am

So I've been trying to think about tournaments that could really get this academy interested and have thought up a few ideas. The one I like the most is the idea of an elemental tournament. The tournament would revolve around the four basic elements/attributes in the game (Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind). If someone enters the tournament they must choose which element they represent and make a deck consisting of ONLY that element.

This means that if someone were to say, for example, pick the Gadget archtype to represent their Earth deck then the only monsters they are permitted to use are those of Earth attribute. This not only goes for the main deck consisting of nothing but Earth monsters, but also their side AND extra deck. This means that they cannot summon Lavalval Chain or Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack if the opportunity arises. The only decks that will be able to summon such a creature as Dracossack are those duelists on the Wind attribute team.

The use of Light and Dark monsters are also prohibited in this tournament. The idea of this tournament is to strictly face element vs element to see which will prevail. Many duelists can make a solid attribute deck more than easily (ex: Karakuri, Ice Barrier, Battlin' Boxer, etc) but when it comes to side and extra cards a lot of them are not consistent with the attribute of their deck. Popular cards like Maxx "C", Dracossack, Stardust, Black Rose, and many more will be restricted to those duelists using that monster's attribute. Each team will have their own strengths and weaknesses and will certainly make interesting match ups. There are plenty of attribute strong decks that could be played in this tournament if you do not already have one pre-made. For example, the Earth attribute contains:

Amazons
Ancient Gear
Chronomaly
Geargia
Gadgets
Karakuri
Machina
Madolche
Morphtronic
Naturia
Scrap
X-Saber

Right there are plenty of options to duel with, and that's just for the Earth team. Within the other attributes are other strong archtypes that could pose a strong challenge. I think this could really work out well if we got enough people. I'd say we should have at least 2 people per attribute and if more join then it'll only add to the fun.

What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  Left_bar_bleue1000/1000An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?    An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:48 am

i would like a tournament like this but just to let you know many chronomolys are light types
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  Left_bar_bleue100/100An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?    An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 2:10 pm

Yeah elemental tournament are my personal favourite whenever I hosted a tournament before. If someone would host this I would join for sure with my new Water Hero's.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  Left_bar_bleue0/0An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?    An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Goes to show how much I know about Chronomaly lol. Once I get the OD for a tournament license i'll gladly host it but I'm a rough 800 away ;-;
Back to top Go down

Twiddget

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?    An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:56 pm

i call de harpies
Back to top Go down

Valkoor Lightheart

Leona

Location : Sitting in my room on my bed, thinking of a truly limitless world, filled with endless skies and adventure around every corner.

Character Sheet
Name: Edmund
HP:
An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  Left_bar_bleue900/100An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  Empty_bar_bleue  (900/100)

PostSubject: Re: An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?    An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Would DNA Transplant be banned for this? I have a deck idea, but one of the cards I was thinking of using requires a different Attrib. to summon.
Back to top Go down

Ryuk

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?    An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:32 pm

mah fire kings ;-; , if they arent banned ;-;
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  Left_bar_bleue100/100An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?    An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:34 pm

I am using Water Hero's. Copyright ©.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?    An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Please post your decks in the other thread made for this: https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com/t2291-fluff-s-elemental-tournament-sign-up#23578

Valkoor, DNA transplant is not banned but you are not allowed to use more than one type of attribute for this tournament. It'll essentially become a waste of a card to use. Please read the rules on the other thread I posted above.

Topic locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?    An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?  Empty

Back to top Go down

An elemental tournament: Which is the strongest?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1