Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Banlist Prediction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Phoenixofpain

Leona

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:04 am

I just Felt Like doing  this before i leave for camp. This is what i THINK will be on the banlist not what I want ( except for spellbook of fate ). I guarantee someone will disagree with me on te Limited cards so i'll explain those.

Unlimited ( going to 3 ):
- Hieratic Seal of Convocation
- Pot of Duality
- Magical Stone of Excavation
- Tsukyomi ( forgot to put it up before i left )

Semi Limited ( Going to 2 ):
- Mizuki
- Spellbook of secrets
- Black Whirlwind
- Spellbook of fate ( probably not but i really want it hit )

Limited ( going to 1 ):
- Super Rejuvenation: ( Konami has never to my knowledge made a card go 3 to 0 in a format. Examples are Wind-up Hunter, Zenmaity, Future Fusion, etc. all of those went straight to 1 before being banned so i believe it will go to 1 but would be happy to see it banned. )
- Spellbook of Judgment ( Same reason as super rejuvenation and even more so to be at 1 due to it being a relatively new card. )

Well thats it for the Banlist Prediction the only other card i thought about putting on there was Ophion to 1 because it prevents rougue decks ( Hieratics,
DarkWorlds, Karakuri, Chaos Dragons ) From being played. I'm not saying they have no ways around it but it literally makes it so that they can't play any of their big monsters/win conditions. But i don't think konami will put it at 1 so thats why I didn't put it up there. Post what you guys think and whether you agree with it or not and why.

Last edited by Phoenixofpain on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Banlist Prediction Left_bar_bleue100/100Banlist Prediction Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:17 am

I think Secrets would be hit before Fate
Back to top Go down

Phoenixofpain

Leona

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:21 am

I listed Secrets already i just put fate cause i don't like the card ( which i mentioned and i said probably won't get hit )
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Banlist Prediction Left_bar_bleue100/100Banlist Prediction Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:24 am

Ah I don't like it either Razz also love how you didnt say drago sac
Back to top Go down

Phoenixofpain

Leona

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:27 am

hitting draccosac won't hurt the deck at all. All they have to do is find a different play besides draccosac ( theres enought rank 7 to do so ).
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:30 am

exactly Razz but no one would use lucky straight

Also wouldn't mezuki bring back zombie decks? only in XYZ form thanks to the oni monsters?
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:12 pm

i agree rejuv will be limited if not banned whirlwind and mezuki will be put to 2  duality back to 3 .... but could also see eradicator going to 1   as well as ophion -not that i care ophion is over rated .... also gold sarc to 2  i could live with
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Phoenixofpain wrote:
I listed Secrets already i just put fate cause i don't like the card ( which i mentioned and i said probably won't get hit )
 no one does really.. 

and i also agree with the rejuv part

for evilswarms 2 ophion and maybe 2 kery 

and we might also over look this card but big eye should be limited or semi limited
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:14 am

IF they hit the babies E-Drags will die so big eye doesn't really need to get low cause your only bound to summon him once in most decks besides e-drags.

Worst he can get is 2 Razz
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Banlist Prediction Left_bar_bleue84/84Banlist Prediction Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 11:38 am

Secrets to 1
Judgment to 1
E Drag Babies to 1
Super Rejuv to 1

As long as this is done, next format might be better. Evilswarms are threatening enough to deserve a hit.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 11:43 am

Secrets to 1, I see that happening. 

Wind-Up Hunter was never hit. It was Carrier that got the blows. Hunter never even looked at the Banlist, other then crying over its brother, Zenmaity.

Supper Rejuvenation, and the Chibi's. Hit them at consistency. Like Prophecy's Secrets. 

Fate, I see it going to 2, possibly. 

Possibly, with the extreme hatred it now poses, Necrovalley to a Semi as well.
Back to top Go down

ArchetypeLegend

Leona

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Eh, it's pretty much the same thing each banlist, by people getting rid of broken stuff obviously, and nothing really surprises me here. Obviously we all pretty much hate e-drags and prophecy, so instead of posting anything about them, cause you guys covered most of it already, I will just be posting the stuff that deserves to be bumped up instead of forbidden, limited, or even semi-limited.

Goyo guardian back to 1. Bring it back. We are in an xyz format, so, goyo guardian isn't as broken anymore. It used to be all lvl monsters, but reviving an exceed with no materials? Seems a lot less dangerous. Big eyes are so much better, so don't complain. It was in a format of giant trunade and cold wave so this card was amazing. Nowadays, not so much. And yes, goyo is a generic lvl 6 synchro with 2800 atk. But with so many generic rank 4 exceeds that receive much more play, it is more easier than ever to get out higher atk monsters. (erhm, cowboy and crazy box anyone?)

Book of moon back to 2. Ghostricks, spirits, and gravekeepers. People love the forbidden stuff a lot more (dress, lance, chalice etc.) because they are better (in certain ways). It does sorta promote empty jar but it seems to even out the playing field for a lot of other decks that rely on flipping monsters.

Mezuki back to 2. With new vampires coming out, this card can actually be quite usable. Yes, the lavalval chain combo is good and blah blah blah, but, zombies would be used a lot more. And since konami is making zombie cards again, IMO, I want them to be better and stand a chance. I want zombies to survive.

Blackwing gale the whirlwind at 2. It is a lot less powerful than whirlwind, and will promote play of this deck. nough said.

Mirror force at 3. Hasn't seen too much play this format. It didn't do too much when it up to 2 either. With so many otk's and possible otk potential in multiple decks, this card is needed.

Tsukuyomi back at 3. This card literally did nothing to impact multiple formats in a row when it was out. There is no reason it should stay on the banlist nowadays cause it does not see any play, and it would promote the spirits.

Royal Oppression to 1. This card is good, yes, but with vanity's emptiness at 3, there is a problem. Royal oppression actually HAS a cost of 800 life each time you use it, and BOTH players can use it. This card can be good, and instead of bantering and bickering about it, it is just 1 card in a 40 card deck. Not very likely to draw it, and if you do, it still has more of a cost than emptiness, and with emptiness at 3, and macro at 3, don't whine too hard.

I want Konami to actually do something this format instead of just hitting the big stuff. It needs to promote other decks and the game in general by bringing some of these cards back. So if you agree with my bumping list, then cool. If you don't, fine, it's just my opinion. I brought up some good arguments and points, so please, don't be mindless if you are completely against this list, or just against a card that I listed.

Banlists are also not a debate, because it's konami's decision, and not our own. We are simply stating our own opinions and judgments here. So, please, act appropriate. Thank you.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 6:22 pm

ArchetypeLegend wrote:

Goyo guardian back to 1. Bring it back. We are in an xyz format, so, goyo guardian isn't as broken anymore. It used to be all lvl monsters, but reviving an exceed with no materials? Seems a lot less dangerous. Big eyes are so much better, so don't complain. It was in a format of giant trunade and cold wave so this card was amazing. Nowadays, not so much. And yes, goyo is a generic lvl 6 synchro with 2800 atk. But with so many generic rank 4 exceeds that receive much more play, it is more easier than ever to get out higher atk monsters. (erhm, cowboy and crazy box anyone?)

Blackwing gale the whirlwind at 2. It is a lot less powerful than whirlwind, and will promote play of this deck. nough said.

Royal Oppression to 1. This card is good, yes, but with vanity's emptiness at 3, there is a problem. Royal oppression actually HAS a cost of 800 life each time you use it, and BOTH players can use it. This card can be good, and instead of bantering and bickering about it, it is just 1 card in a 40 card deck. Not very likely to draw it, and if you do, it still has more of a cost than emptiness, and with emptiness at 3, and macro at 3, don't whine too hard.
Eh i dont agree so much on these 3. First off, Goyo Guardian can give you a free monster. You can pretty much do anything with. Gale's effect makes him a bother too. He permanently halfs a monsters attack. It wouldn't work well on some monsters cause you can just sync,tribute, or xyz with them. But overall its still deadly half of most attacks is low. Also, Oppression. I feel like that would stall games. At one I dont think it would be too bad but 1 though.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Banlist Prediction Left_bar_bleue84/84Banlist Prediction Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Gale is not a problem though Tc. It is rare to see outside casual players' decks.

Goyo would be interesting to see back to 1. Most of the monsters getting smacked by him now would be Xyz, so other than running cards that can use an Xyz as an Xyz material like C39, Gaia Dragoon, etc, I don't see him being a big threat.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 10:24 pm

True Razz but what of royal oppression?
Back to top Go down

ArchetypeLegend

Leona

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:16 am

Well, with a format that has tons of backrow removal (3 mst's, heavy, blaster + another drag, spellbook of fate), it seems great to run without being too tough to get rid of. But with Vanity's emptiness + macro it wipes out the meta so hard it's ridiculous, and gets rid of some backrow options (like fate needing to banish spells from grave). It's not half bad when you think about it. Also, since it's a permanent trap card, you cannot run it in decks that rely on special summoning a lot. This limits the choices to a few decks that can utilize this trap card efficiently (ergo, the decks that don't receive enough play (obviously besides burn). Every deck special summons, so, it would do harm and good on an equal level. Since you cannot get rid of it easily (like vanities emptiness), it seems logistical to bump up to 1.
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 2:58 am

i dont think super rejuv will get hit.
it has already been revealed that new rules involving deck building are coming next format and it is leaked/rumored that a new rule will be you may only have 6 dragon ruler cards in your deck.
making dragon rulers be used for there specific attribute like they should be.
and i think this is what will probably happen.
but if not we will probably see rejuv to 1 and an increased extra deck.
20 cards or so rather than 15.
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:59 am

i have to say this banlist seems like it can work 

and gale can still be deadly but only works best in the blackwing deck in other decks he doesnt work as well 

goyo guardian being at 1 seems fair since his effect wont effect most the cards today with cards liek crimson blader, jeweled red dragon archfiend, scrap dragon, goyo can be killed easily
Back to top Go down

Phoenixofpain

Leona

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:30 am

@ C.C. I highly doubt konami would hit 5 cards from one deck.

@ Legend Well this isn't a banlist i want its a banlist i think is going to be similar to one konami would do. Anyway I only disagree with 3 things Royal Oppression, Goyo Guardian, and Mirror force. Goyo while not as broken as it once was still gets you a free monster ( not all monsters are xyz and even if they are they still got high attack.... well most of them anyway ). Also Goyo is a card that most decks can make if they wanted to. I do see your reasoning for goyo but i don't think that a card like that will be off the banlist quite yet.
And as for royal oppression i don't think it will come back mainly due to the simple fact that it hits pretty much every deck ( some to the point where they are shut down completely ), we have enough cards that prevent special summoning, other cards are either in a sense more balanced ( Ophion while i don't like the card requires it to have at east 1 xyz material and it only stops level 5 or higher special summons, crimson blader requires it to destroy a monster by battle and its effect lasts 1 turn, vanities emptiness negates all ss but it does leave if a card hits the grave, fossil dyna and jowgen also stop all special summons but they are frail enough so a normal summonable monster can get rid of it ), and because oppression is harder to get rid of than vanities emptiness ( assuming you don't draw mst or heavy in which case they are both easy to get rid of). With vanity as long as a card hits the grave its gone but with oppression unless you draw a popping card then its going to stay on the field.
And as for Mirror force its not a broken card and it does stop otks, but I don't think any card that has an effect that can potentially wipe out your opponents entire field should be at 3 unless it has a requirement that's almost never met, or blows up your field in return ( Like black rose ). Not to mention we have dark hole, 2 torrential, compulse, d prison, etc. And alot of decks have their own monster removal card ( blaster, Bear, Nebthet, Fate, etc. ). Plus we do have Otk stopping card like Swift Scarecrow, Battle Fader, Gorz, Trag, waboku, etc.
Please understand this is my opinion and i'm by no means disrespecting you or your opinion. I understand all the points you made and I respect them. You gave valid points for each card and that shows you know what you are talking about and have a good/solid reasoning behind it.
Back to top Go down

ArchetypeLegend

Leona

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:59 am

Thanks pho. I appreciate your comment and understand that you're not disrespecting me. But there are a lot of cards that bring back monsters for free anyway. Like Vampire Elderitter (or something like that xD). It can do the exact same thing as goyo, but he doesn't need to atk, and it's a zombie (which obviously means he has more support behind him). Although he is 2500 atk, and not easy to make (considering you can only make him a few freaking ways), he is still a zombie goyo. But Goyo's versatility makes him pro, so, I can't go any further. xP

With vanities emptiness, you kinda forgot one thing. Although it gets destroyed when a card is sent from the field or deck to grave, it doesn't say from hand to grave. Yamato gets a card from your deck and places it in your hand, then you pitch a card from your hand. It makes it much more versatile to play in that deck, but yes, I see it what you are talking about. Although it is easy to get rid of, a one turn stall could potentially win games. ALSO you can basically decide when to get rid of it by activating a spell that you were going to use anyway. With both players using royal oppression it seems less broken, but, even in bujins, royal oppression isn't too good (but it can be). I just see vanity as more of a threat. And with vanity's emptiness, I see it as Bujins Being Broken. Triple B anyone? xD

And mirror force. Yeah, that card is definitely good. But there are so many board-wipes in the game already it seems null in comparison. Torrential Tribute, Dark Hole, Heavy Storm, Wingbeat of giant dragon, Black Rose Dragon, etc. etc. are all board wipes. There are not too many in the game (and I'm not counting the ones that are almost impossible to achieve, too situational, archetype locked (basically meaning it can only be used in a very specific deck, like the archetype the card(s) belong to, and/or have some gigantic draw back). All of those cards that I listed were generic board clearers, yes, but, that's what makes them needed. Decks with those cards can potentially be used more, that just need more protection, like Watts. Even decks like Amazons that seem to rely on battle dmg and attacking a lot need mirror force for the deck to become good again. Yes we also do have otk stoppers, but not all decks are versatile in running them consistantly. Most decks need other cards to make plays. And since mirror force is versatile, it only makes sense to run it in a lot of smaller decks (so to speak).

YEYE, I could go on, but...It just seems clear in my eyes that these cards demand attention from Konami (in a good way obviously). You have your opinions too pho, and I respect that. And what makes a solid opinion is to hear both sides. So, I hope that my shpeal on this was worth everybody's attention. Just make sure guys I am not here to argue, just point out valid facts. Thanks guys. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Banlist Prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banlist Prediction   Banlist Prediction Empty

Back to top Go down

Banlist Prediction

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1