Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Can Come Off the banlist?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100/100What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

September is right around the corner and with it comes a new format and new banlist 
with this in mind i decided to start a discussion as to WHAT CAN COME OF THE LIST ....i dont think this requires much explanation other then stuff that was broken in its day is currently either  under powered mediocre or unusable in the current game so i want to get peoples thoughts and opinions hers the rules 

Seriously pick 1 card currently banned or limited argue your point as why you think it should come off intelligently and make your reasons at least a couple sentences to open it up for debate  for example

What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 Thousand-eyes_restrict

I believe thousand eyes restrict could come of the banlist and be put at 1. my reasons for this are as follows. magical scientist and metamorphosis are still banned so the only ways to bring out this monster are instant fusion for 1 turn summoner of illusions, which nobody uses, or fusing relinquished with the idol... even if this card is brought back i doubt it would affect the game much outside of the occasional splashing of instant fusion which would revive alot of old decks  making them more viable...  even still cards like warning and judgement  new threats to thousand eyes like compusle, torrential, effect veiler,breakthrough, skill drain, chalice,dress, etc etc balance thousand eyes out much greater then in the goat control format in which it dominated years ago....
so what do you think  could it come back? what card do u think would be safe to revive for out current game 

i look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100/100What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:08 am

Nottu, the Evoker wrote:
What about Witch of the Black Forest? Is she a viable option you think?

witch can search dark armed dragon, jinzo,and every monarch to name a few 
 ....so dont see that happening in my opinion..
.on top of all the other big dudes she can search 
 its been a long time for her on the banlist AND being her search pool is about 2000+ monsters now i think thats a tad Too viable 
 to put it in perspective sangan only had about 800 monster in the pool it can search before it finaly got hit  
 with every set witch keeps getting better  so doubtfull she will ever be seen....though i do miss her
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue84/84What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:13 am

But does anyone ever play those big monsters in the big events anymore? I haven't seen nor heard from Monarchs in a while.
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:19 am

Nottu, the Evoker wrote:
But does anyone ever play those big monsters in the big events anymore? I haven't seen nor heard from Monarchs in a while.

maybe but the little ones are just as issue causing as the big ones  being she can search the bulk of sangans cards like rabbit and tour guide  etc etc  but those big monsters come as a bonus
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue84/84What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:43 am

Suppose. I'd personally love to have Dark Magician of Chaos back, but let's be realistic.

Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:18 am

HONESTLY  DMOC woulda been able to come back had it not been for all that prophecy crap ....
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:27 am

Striker was hit because of tg agents and other decks where striker could easily be splash able as one of the best tuners in the game. Agents have a high chance of being tier 1 depending on the next meta-game. Agents were tier 1.5 last format cuz hand traps and its viable options to play decent against wind ups, just as verz can be considered tier 1 because it can play decent against e drags, and prophecy when everyone ran priest. Verz can still fare up its game except to decks like constellar, Bujin, fire fist. Tier 1 can have bad matchups people. Tier 1 doesn't mean it has NO bad mu. If u say agents needed brionic and trishula, then I am crying because you must not have been playing competitively in the September 2012 format.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:46 am

Yea, sadly T.G. agents woud just bounce back from that one card at 2 Sad it sucks how easy some decks can come back or how strong they can get by just one card moving up 1.

This topic is quite popular
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:07 am

$20 Chaos Sorcerer changes on the list...again

Back to top Go down

clairedestroyer

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:51 am

okay heres the thing. many cards COULD come off the list, but they shouldnt. a card should be unbanned ONLY when it has a positive contribution to make to the game. cards like trap dustshoot are by their design entirely negative for the game so regardless of their relative power during current formats it cant come back. im especially disappointed in you kyo, using the current format to justify bad cards. s: two cards that recently came off the list that are good examples of what SHOULD be off the list are tsukuyomi and spore. both were banned from intense backlash against more problematic cards (magician of faith and glow-up bulb respectively) and both have effects that are useful and hard to easily abuse. not many cards currently listed fit that role still. especially not ZENMAITY. zenmaity is a loop enabler and pulling things from the deck is rarely a balanced mechanic. zenmaity certainly doesnt do it fairly. current format decks are never an excuse to bring back old problematic cards. youre supposed to ban the current problems, since bringing back old ones to "compete" degenerates deck building further.

anyways, with that all out of the way, heres cards that CAN and SHOULD be back:

Thousand-Eyes Restrict: its various effects arent even close to game-breaking anymore, especially since this will likely be used with instant fusion. about the worst it can do is make instant fusion a +1 that isnt even splashable. also, about the only decks that would appreciate it are piper decks, as it is again, not splashable.

Sangan: was banned due to powerful interactions with tour guide, but the issue there is obviously tour guide's free tutoring from the deck. s: as a generic searcher its far more balanced than witch (whos targets include about 70% of ALL MONSTERS) and if tgu is limited it can easily come back.

and thats about it. every other currently banned card is there for GOOD REASON.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:12 am

So, not DMoC? Sad

Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:19 am

DMOC is broken in prophecy :/ we would never beat that deck ever again. Also I agree on the zenmaity thing that thing loops like mad :/. I used to duel those on the time T.T zenmaity at 1 is really all you need.
Back to top Go down

clairedestroyer

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:24 am

Nottu, the Evoker wrote:
So, not DMoC? Sad

DMoC sucks in prophecy but it severely limits all future spell design which is bad for the game. bringing DMoC back means you have to look at every single spell card in the game and consider if being able to use it again would break it. thats really untenable and not good just for one singular card to come back.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:35 am

clairedestroyer wrote:
Nottu, the Evoker wrote:
So, not DMoC? Sad

DMoC sucks in prophecy but it severely limits all future spell design which is bad for the game. bringing DMoC back means you have to look at every single spell card in the game and consider if being able to use it again would break it. thats really untenable and not good just for one singular card to come back.

Boy....your smart Claire. Also doesn't DMOC search a spell in grave?
Back to top Go down

clairedestroyer

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:27 am

yes but prophecy have a million other recycling methods that doesnt eat up their limited special summon capabilities (most builds only run a single life and reborn, and getting this off judgment is not feasible. temperance is a non-issue because its got severe drawbacks for using it and isnt searchable itself, except by stoic which is bad). DMoC is more problematic just in what it does than in prophecy specifically.

lets go through an example. lets say DMoC comes back and later on konami makes a new equip sell. we will can it something like "General's Charge". lets say General's Charge says the following:

"You can only activate this card when you control 1 monster. Equip to a monster you control. It gains 1000 ATK and 500 ATK for every "General's Charge" in your Graveyard. When the equipped monster deals Battle Damage: You can banish a "General's Charge" from your Graveyard; The equipped monster can make a second attack in a row. You can only use this effect of "General's Charge" once per turn. When this card is removed from the field, destroy the equipped monster. During your End Phase, destroy this card."

well its certainly powerful. the design is questionable but konami allow cards worse for the game at 3 so it could probably be released as i wrote it. but do you see an issue? heres a 2 card OTK with the card.

on field: 1 monster
in hand: Monster Gate

tribute your monster for Monster Gate. considering how easy the deck is to manipulate the chances of you either milling your General's Charge by Monster Gate or already having them in grave (off the top of my head, using a summoner monk. lavalval chain engine would handle all the things you need) monster gate is very likely to resolve how you want. if you pick up DMoC while you have 3 General's Charge in Grave, you can add one to hand and use it. You now have a 4800 double attacker that prevents monsters from hitting the grave. against an empty field thats an OTK right there. if you add piercing damage to the mix or have some other way of clearing the field (considering you only need 2 CARDS to start the combo thats possible) you can win anyways. all off DMoC. you could argue that General's Charge could be hit, and maybe youre right. but youd have to do this hypothetical with EVERY SINGLE SPELL CARD, currently existing or otherwise. that kind of effort just so people can run DMoC is far more limiting to the game than just keeping DMoC out of the game.
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:51 am

yeah ....what she said Smile
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Sangan needs to come back. Nuff said really. It can be powerful but wow, 1 freakin deck search if the limit it. Big freakin deal lol. Not going to get to in depth on the topic but personally I thought that the sangan ban was sad. Possibly simply because its been around for so long and I tend to be more of an old school fan. As for DMoC. :O that would be a dream come true XD, as he's one of my favorite cards along with Magician of Black Chaos. They are both just so damned sexy. No homo. Lol.
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:55 pm

Ive said it before i can see a return of sangan in the near future maybe not september maybe not next march  but at some point i feel it was mainly hit to help push the new decks by hurting older decks like macro rabbit wind ups and others that would counter the crap out of  them have no fear  sangan will appear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Can Come Off the banlist?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3