Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Can Come Off the banlist?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

September is right around the corner and with it comes a new format and new banlist 
with this in mind i decided to start a discussion as to WHAT CAN COME OF THE LIST ....i dont think this requires much explanation other then stuff that was broken in its day is currently either  under powered mediocre or unusable in the current game so i want to get peoples thoughts and opinions hers the rules 

Seriously pick 1 card currently banned or limited argue your point as why you think it should come off intelligently and make your reasons at least a couple sentences to open it up for debate  for example

What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 Thousand-eyes_restrict

I believe thousand eyes restrict could come of the banlist and be put at 1. my reasons for this are as follows. magical scientist and metamorphosis are still banned so the only ways to bring out this monster are instant fusion for 1 turn summoner of illusions, which nobody uses, or fusing relinquished with the idol... even if this card is brought back i doubt it would affect the game much outside of the occasional splashing of instant fusion which would revive alot of old decks  making them more viable...  even still cards like warning and judgement  new threats to thousand eyes like compusle, torrential, effect veiler,breakthrough, skill drain, chalice,dress, etc etc balance thousand eyes out much greater then in the goat control format in which it dominated years ago....
so what do you think  could it come back? what card do u think would be safe to revive for out current game 

i look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Nottu, the Evoker wrote:
They totally need to unban Victory Dragon guys, its so not broken or anything.

Joking aside, I think we could easily deal with having Chaos Emperor Dragon back.

Now before anyone jumps on my case, let me say why.

Chaos Emperor was so powerful due to his combo with Sangan/Witch (Both of which are still banned) to get Yata-Garasu (also banned) and the fact that we had Priority, which would allow the effect EVEN if the opponent could play a Trap to kill it first.

Now we no longer have Priority. We also have Effect Veiler, Breakthrough Skill, Fiendish Chain and heck even Skill Drain. All of these are commonly used and often seen. All of these can shut off CED's powerful effect in an instant.

On the flip side, how many times have we seen Spellbook players build a large field and fill their hand off of Judgment? Or E Dragons build a strong field with a decent hand size left over? CED hits play and at the cost of 1000 LP, sends them all away. No destruction so cards like Dracosack won't even be safe. It can be a decent answer to these decks and still be kept in check thanks to the common answer cards already seen in the game now.
Yes, let's totally unban the most broken card of the game, not like anything's gonna happen. I mean, it just turns a duel into a top deck war, and of course it's easily counterable by a simple Solemn Warning! But guess what? It's gonna help against the meta by making Chaos tier 0!

Really, Nottu? Reeeally? Neutral
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 3:42 pm

Kyonaru wrote:

Yes, let's totally unban the most broken card of the game

Isnt Chaos Emperor Dragon the most broken card eber?
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 4:52 pm

TheCoolest wrote:
Kyonaru wrote:

Yes, let's totally unban the most broken card of the game

Isnt Chaos Emperor Dragon the most broken card eber?
Yes. It is.
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:06 pm

They should unbann disk commander for the heck of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:07 pm

-Kira- wrote:
Kinka-Byo.
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Kyonaru wrote:
-Kira- wrote:
Kinka-Byo.

that wombo combo O.O

umm bring back... rescue cat Razz and trap dustshoot Razz
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Wouldn't uniflora just spam rescue cat summon?
Back to top Go down

LastHope

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:34 pm

Rescue Cat? While Uniflora exists? Never. Not a chance.

Nottu, if Chaos Emperor Dragon were just the regularly easy to summon Chaos monster and had, say, Sky Scourge Norleras' effect, I would agree with you. However, thanks to that itty bit of damage (*sarcasm*) added on, it can cause way too many OTK's for us to allow its survival.

Now, the card I think should come off the banlist...

Eh, I don't know really. I guess, I'm going to go with Dark Magician of Chaos. It's not as slow as Magician of Faith, but it's not a fantabulous card, and there isn't a whole lot a one Spell recycle is going to do for you outside of Spellbooks (and even then, they have enough of their own recycling). It's really not a whole lot better than Endymion the Master Magician except for the fact that it Banishes monsters it destroys instead of sending them to the Graveyard, which while potentially a major hindrance to top decks, is nowhere near broken compared to other effects we have today.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/84What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:57 pm

Kyonaru wrote:
Nottu, the Evoker wrote:
They totally need to unban Victory Dragon guys, its so not broken or anything.

Joking aside, I think we could easily deal with having Chaos Emperor Dragon back.

Now before anyone jumps on my case, let me say why.

Chaos Emperor was so powerful due to his combo with Sangan/Witch (Both of which are still banned) to get Yata-Garasu (also banned) and the fact that we had Priority, which would allow the effect EVEN if the opponent could play a Trap to kill it first.

Now we no longer have Priority. We also have Effect Veiler, Breakthrough Skill, Fiendish Chain and heck even Skill Drain. All of these are commonly used and often seen. All of these can shut off CED's powerful effect in an instant.

On the flip side, how many times have we seen Spellbook players build a large field and fill their hand off of Judgment? Or E Dragons build a strong field with a decent hand size left over? CED hits play and at the cost of 1000 LP, sends them all away. No destruction so cards like Dracosack won't even be safe. It can be a decent answer to these decks and still be kept in check thanks to the common answer cards already seen in the game now.
Yes, let's totally unban the most broken card of the game, not like anything's gonna happen. I mean, it just turns a duel into a top deck war, and of course it's easily counterable by a simple Solemn Warning! But guess what? It's gonna help against the meta by making Chaos tier 0!

Really, Nottu? Reeeally? Neutral
I made my point Kyon. I don't think it would really be all that broken anymore honestly. No such thing as Tier 0. Too many cards to stop it now and too many cards that are near the same level of broken as it is.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 6:49 pm

I kinda think future fusion can be unbanned. Ophion can stop him, E-Drags can basically just destroy it and or the monster it summons, MST can destroy future, phophets have jowgen and priestess. Even mermails and fire fist should be able to get around this. Also Dark Strike Fighter should be unbanned Very Happy (Just kidding but can you imagine?)
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/84What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 6:51 pm

TheCoolest wrote:
I kinda think future fusion can be unbanned. Ophion can stop him, E-Drags can basically just destroy it and or the monster it summons, MST can destroy future, phophets have jowgen and priestess. Even mermails and fire fist should be able to get around this. Also Dark Strike Fighter should be unbanned Very Happy (Just kidding but can you imagine?)

E Dragons would go insane off of Future Fusions though TC. Five-Headed Dragon is a card. Can you imagine them being able to just drop 5 Dragon Rulers into the Grave??
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 6:52 pm

Forgot about that Razz but if they are dueling evilswarm its not a big problem and use chithonian polymer Very Happy. Also that would be hell :/.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:00 pm

TheCoolest wrote:
Forgot about that Razz but if they are dueling evilswarm its not a big problem and use chithonian polymer Very Happy. Also that would be hell :/.

No one uses that card.
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:16 pm

i think kery will be hit
Back to top Go down

N

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:36 am

I dont wanna think about september thats when the schools starts
Back to top Go down

IxKingofKingsxI

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:05 am

forceful sentry wouldnt be too bad if it were to become limited. sure you lose a card but it just goes back to the deck. most decks now a days have multiple strategies within them to get around losing 1 card. at least any well built deck O.o
Back to top Go down

Promo

Leona

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:10 am

I think they should un ban glow up bulb and mind master
cuz plants and psychics want that extra boost back :/
and put gladiator beast bestiari and formula synchron at 2
and blackwhirlwind at 2 or possibly at 3 because i blackwhirlwind is
basically the same as wind up factory and blackwings are butthurt with
gale limited to 1 :/ .
knomai should put back reborn tengu back 3 the same with destiny hero malicious
because we need some action with some tier 2 decks .....
AND definitly put t.g striker at 2 or 3

THEN put veiler at 2 because it seems like something that knomai will probaly do.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:40 am

I agree with the striker thing cause its no longer a big threat Razz also your gonna be bombarded promo :/
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 5:10 am

ok i think coolest should be banned from this thread elma and future fusion now lol SHEESH.... striker could definatly make it to2 at least , another wirlwind would probably be fine ...multiple beastiry is a bad idea ...forcefull sentry is a really bad idea ...3 tengus ...NO sorry lol...malicious would be find nobody would care 

i could see Mezuki go to 2 or 3 so they can push their new zombie archtype coming out in shadow spectre...also cards like burial from a different dimension, monster gate and transmigration prophecy  culd probably go to 2-3 again cause whos gonna care about those ?
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:55 pm

Mezuki could indeed be unhit, simply to make the Vampires, which are all Zombie type, more attractive. 
Bestiary at 2, max, and even that might be dangerous. Bestiari and especially Gyzaro are a freaking pain to deal with. On the other hand, Glads would be pushed a bit, but honestly, I dont think Konami really wants to make them semi-competitive again and is not gonna even try. 
Forcefull Sentry, I don't know. Looking at the opponents hand is always nice, and Mind Crush is at 3. (Yes, it does not say that your opponent needs to show the hand, but you can ask him to reveal so you can check for the card you called and he actually HAS to reveal.)
Malicious was banned because of Tele-DAD and that deck is dead and will not be revived any time soon. So, whatever. 

-Kira- wrote:
i think kery will be hit

Not about what will be hit, it is about what will be un-hit. You know. Not what is going ONTO the banlist but rather what is coming OFF the banlist. Seriously people. READ just once. And why would they hit Swarms? The aren't even a big threat in the current game. 

I agree with Kev. Life-long thread-ban for TC. Seriously. Future Fusion? And your excuse is Chtonian Polymer? T_T
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:20 pm

TheCoolest wrote:
I agree with the striker thing cause its no longer a big threat Razz also your gonna be bombarded promo :/

Unban Striker and you are asking for T.G. Agent to be tier 1 again.
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Pamoon wrote:
TheCoolest wrote:

Unban Striker and you are asking for T.G. Agent to be tier 1 again.

Given all that has happend in the game ..with no more trisula or brionac .... how are TG, agents or even TG agents gonna ever be tier 1.... the bulk of the yugioh community agrees that striker was hit for little to no reason even if strike goes to 3 earth goes to 3 TG AGENTS will never get higher then tier 2
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Even if they'd be high tier again, which I somewhat doubt, why is that a bad thing? Tier 1 currenty consists of two massivly overpowered decks, so hitting them and unhitting a few cards can balance the game a LOT and give us a much bigger Tier 1. Is that a bad thing?
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Personally id love agents to make a comeback  my first deck i built after my long abscence from the real game was an agent deck  which transformed into a very successful Chaos Agent deck....i know how good they can be but i don't see them being better then anything out currently  even if they get everything they need and more
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:17 pm

What about Witch of the Black Forest? Is she a viable option you think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Can Come Off the banlist?   What Can Come Off the banlist? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Can Come Off the banlist?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next