Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer Empty
PostSubject: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:19 am

Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer BlasterDragonRulerofInfernos
Elemental Dragons
Elemental Dragons, E dragons for short have been the most dominate Tier 1 deck this format. The deck focuses on 4 elements ( Fire, Wind, Water, and Earth), Dragons of course, as an archetype. The main idea is to discard baby dragons along with its own archetype or Dragon type( Lightning, Burner, Stream, Reactan), to special summon its own counter part (Tempest, Blaster, Tidal, and Redox). Then the main idea is to go into a Rank 7, and/ OR beatdown with the level 7 E-dragons as beaters alone. They have high OTK potential, and do to being able to banish and re-fodder itself by searching, it leaves open tons of options to play, including Synchro capabilities.

I already know this. Let's move on to the lesson
For today's lesson I will try to explain how to face E-dragons, so when you encounter them, you won't rage-quit, and if you are playing a match against them, you will be prepared for a match you will face nearly idk, all the time. xD While people are playing E-dragons, enjoying their Oreos, and saying "oh god look at this noob" you will be ready, and well prepared. "Why are we still talking about this? I have everything covered". Sorry but not everyone can pull a Pegasus, and top a Dragon Capture Jar.

Key to Countering E-dragons

Unlike the other meta decks that can continuously search, and get around multiple cards, E-dragons are very linear. If you prolong the game enough, its bound to run out of plays. When the game is prolonged, E-dragon's plays slowly diminish. When your opponent summons banishes a monster to summon from hand, Bottomless it when you can. When your opponent goes 1st turn, and the minute he uses a baby dragon DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT automatically use Maxx C. Your opponent doesn't have to waste any card advantage, and he can sit and wait with that one monster alone. Instead, wait for the 2nd rank 7 monster he attempts to play. In this case your opponent will either A : Go into Rank 7 and you get a free +1, or B, your opponent will not go into the Rank 7, and this puts your opponent into an disadvantage as he committed to putting out 2 dragons on the field. You can use maxx c on the 1st sight of an e-dragon effect on other occasions. Other than that, multiple side card options will be a good way of preventing your opponent from doing many plays, as again E-dragons are very linear, and are very limited when you play cards such as Soul Drain, or Jowgen, getting off Kycoo preventing banish plays. Lastly, save the Breakthrough Skill and Effect Veilers for the rank 7 plays. If your opponent runs LADD, then you will have to try and double activate cards to get around LADD ( 1 LADD can only be used once in its own chain).

General Decks that generally play Cards that can get around E dragons
Evilswarm - Evilswarm Ophion
Prophecy - Jowgen The Spiritualist
E-dragons - Crimson Blader (Yeah even itself)
Rock Stun - Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
Agents - Archlord Kristya
Gravekeepers - Necrovalley
Frognarchs - Vanity's Fiend

(Not recommended to play Rock Stun, Agents, Gravekeepers, in the current meta-game for competitive play).

Side Deck Cards for E-Dragons

Maxx "C", Angel 07, Rivalry of the Warlords, Soul Drain, Mental Drain, Effect Veiler, Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer, Jowgen The Spiritualist, Thunder King Rai-Oh, Metaion, Lava Golem, Chaos Hunter, Morphing Jar#2, Droll & Lock Bird, Imperial Iron Wall, Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo, Necrovalley, Mind Drain, Vanity of Emptiness, Vanity's Fiend, Electric Virus, Breakthrough Skill, Shock Master (generally main-decked).

Didn't expect that much, did you?

Homework

Homework is to pick 2 side deck choices and explain how they are viable against E dragons.( I want some good detail. Also, you can't pick effect veiler or maxx c). 2nd I want you to pick a card that is outside of this list that has potential to peform well against e-dragons. Remember we can all learn from each other, so no bashing others for their response. Instead openly discuss it. There might be a great idea someone has that legitimately works, and we might learn something new, including myself.

Award: 150 OD for doing this assignment with reasonable responses. The person with the BEST response will get an extra 200 OD. This assignment is due June 18.

Last edited by Taisakuno Shouri on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer Left_bar_bleue100/100Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:34 am

this is for the e-drags homework

side deck:
1) impersial iron wall
this card basical says f**k you to e-drags banishing effects so they wil onyl get out 1 monster which can be beaten over. I know if your player whos deck relieas on banishing it will ruin your deck i used to think that way then i learned this i harldy use and vayu plays in my deck. This card basically stops major e-drags combos and can also help you so much in the game.

2)skill drain
this card mainly helps agaisnt the xyzs they go for all their effects are gone so if you play malefics it helps you and ruins them big time. So no fear of big eye taking your malefic cyber end dragon or stack destroyign your cards

cards outside of deck

crimson blader
This maybe a weird choice but look at it if your a synchron player you can get otu alot of big synchros out fast. Blader stops the oppenant from ss lvl 5 or higher monsters for 1 turn ik this might not be much but one turn for e-drag players to not ss that means you basically win and you can go for big combos to finish them off fast thx to this guy
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 am

zombie world, hurts prophecy, e drags, frognarchs and soooo many other decks. Card is ez enough to search and doesn't hurt u. summon limit/ summon breaker both good cards, i prefer breaker because i can run it with zombie world in a geartown deck. I chose both the cards because 1 of my main decks runs geartown and malefic cyber end so switching into zworld or sbreaker ain't hard.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer Left_bar_bleue100/100Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:45 am

Jowgen is useful because you can discard one card to get rid of the current SS monsters which gives you a big advantage because E-Drags hardly ever normal summon. His defense is also greater then some of the baby E-Drags.

And Necrovalley stops them from banishing themselves so they don't resurrect as easily. It also stops the eclipse LADD technique in its tracks. The sad part about this is they can still use monsters from hand to get monsters from deck. But this will exhaust their monster supply and at the same time their hand Razz.
Back to top Go down

MADA MADA DANE

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:48 am

to begin e-drags have started to dominate the game because of their ability to add cards to their hand and to special summon by using their own effs so i believe that thunder king rai-oh would be a great side against them because it shuts down the possibility of them being able to add more high lvl e-drags to their hand and it also provides a great counter if they are to ss because u can tribute rai-oh to stop that ss or even their xyz for cards like big-eye. though another great possible side against them would be soul drain because this shuts down the other aspect of the game for the e-drags because their strongest ability is the ability to ss from the grave and use effs of banished cards to add stronger monsters to the hand. soul drain stops this because it stops effs from being used in the grave or the effs of banished cards. so with rai-oh and soul drain together a person will be able to completely halt the game of the opponent and be able to get a fairly quick victory against them though one thing i suggest is that a person add cards such as threatning roar and waboku to protect themselves during turns of huge combos or while you get the cards u need so u are able to turn things around safetly in an instant without being down by too many life points

while thinking about it for a while i also think that messanger of peace can be a really viable card against e-drags because they stop some of their stronger monsters from attacking and also slows them down because they dont want to go all out when they cant atk or finish you anyways. this causes them to play a slow paced game which e-drags are not meant to play. in turn this one card has the ability to slow down their complete deck but it also enables the user to be able to build up cards for combos and be able to turn this duel around and get a quick finish while they are unable to do anything they payment being during the user's standby phase makes it really convenient because when u get the cards u want u can just not pay and let it destruct itself causing u to be able to go to town on the other person while they were completely helpless the turn before. so with a combo of rai-oh soul drain and messenger of peace all the possibilites for e-drags are completely closed and they will be left helpless and open for wrecking

Last edited by MADA MADA DANE on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

Cathrine Izinski

PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:04 am

Side Deck 1-dragon capture jar, dyna fossil, black horn of heaven, solemn judgement, solemn warning, tyrants tummyache, tyrant's throas, Tyrant's tirade, electric virus, Jowgen the spiritualist, Kycoo the ghost destroyer, lava golem, light and darkness dragon, doomcaliber knight, number 16 shock master Side Deck 2-vanity's fiend, vanity's ruler, Dimensional Fissure, Forbidden Chalice, special hurricane, Zombie world, Dark Core, soul release, Compulsary evacuation, Breakthrough skill, Debunk, deep dark trap hole, fiendish chain, imperial iron wall, skill drain. E-dragons maily rely on card eff in their hand but several of these cards can negate that eff (I wont go into to much detail) as well as negate eff on the field. Lava golem inpitcular can do neither of these but it can break plays because of its summoning conditions. certain cards I have listed such as dyna fossil and solemn warning and judgment have the power to negate the summoning of monsters therefore stoping e-dragon plays practicly before they begin. and activating cards like breakthrough skill and skill drain make monsters on the field lose their eff stopping e-dragon plays when they have a monster such as the classic dracco sac or big-eye on the field.
Back to top Go down

Enraged!

PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:01 am

1. Gozen Match: E-Dragons as stated above are a deck consisting of Multiple elements the limitation of elements on the field is too good against them

2. Destiny Hero-Plasma: Its ability to take one monster from an opponent is very Nice against E-dragons allowing it to take a dragosack or Big Eye is very Op + it functioning as a walking skilldrain is only a greater Plus
Back to top Go down

Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Gozen Match: Advantage: Clearly, You can see it yourself, Elemental Dragons Runs 4 different Attributes: Fire,Earth,Water,Wind,So as you can see it can stop all Elemental Dragons from special summoning themself unless they have the same attribute.

Disadvantage:Just like Any another Trap/Spell cards, this card has no protection when it meets S/T removal cards. Meaning that it loses to cards like mst,heavy,and blaster's individual effect.

Thunder King Rai-oh : Advantage: Stop Searches and stops inherent summons (xyz's,synchro's and more)

Disadvantage: The Thing is that Thunder King Rai-oh Can Only Stop Inherent Summon So he cannot stop the special summoning of a Elemental Dragon since its a ignition effect and those starts chains..

Back to top Go down

JasonRy8

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 6:25 am

Here's my take on 2 side cards.

1. Mind Drain: This locks down any hand based effects, so activating the E-Dragons effects from hand would be outright useless and also hand traps are also stuck so bye bye Maxx "C" and Effect Veiler. The only out to this for E-Dragons is Dracossack if they can make it or MST.

2. Vanity's Emptiness: I can see this going well in Evilswarm and Bujins playing the protection game with this card cause it locks out Special Summoning while you do your thing, though the only issue is, protection. If you don't have protection to Emptiness like Mind Drain, you're screwed.
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 7:50 pm

Thunder king rai-oh
Stops your opponent from searching out there E-drags
however though it stops you from searching as well and cannot negate the special summon of E-drags by there effects

Angel 07
negates all monsters effects. at first sight this guy seems like a walking skill drain. but he is not. He doesnt care where the monsters are, even if there in the hand there effect is negated.  This card can definately slow down e-drags if not stop them entirely.  This guy can also get over Draccosac by negateing its effect
only downside is he must be tribute summoned.

as for a card off the list i choose

a major upset
card reads:
Tribute 1 face-up Attack Position Level 2 or lower monster you control. Return all face-up Level 7 or higher Special Summoned monsters to the hand.
This returns all of the opponents e-drags to there hand. only downside is you must run a deck with low level monsters.
However this could work in an Agent OTK deck if you use venus to summon 3 shineballs use 2 of them for gachi and use the 3rd for a major upset then continue on to OTK.
running an agent deck would also allow you to use archlord kristya to fight back against e-drags.
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer Left_bar_bleue84/84Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:32 am

Everyone is doing a great job so far. Keep it up.

Also, Lesson #3 is going up now.
Back to top Go down

clairedestroyer

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 4:43 pm

The two side cards I pick to counter e-dragon decks are Breakthrough Skill and and Vanity's Emptiness. I will explain these choices now.

Breakthrough Skill is a very powerful card. Not only can it stop the most troublesome of the e-dragon player's extra deck effects (Dracossack's token spawning, Big Eye's Steal, Crimson Blader's lockdown), but it has even more utility. You can banish Breakthrough Skill from your Graveyard during your turn to activate its effect again. This can be used to get over problematic monsters that survived the previous turn, like the infamous Dracossack. When used in this way, Breakthrough Skill can even dodge LaDD's powerful negation effect, as banishing it from the Graveyard is not activating a Trap Card, so LaDD cannot respond to it. It requires careful timing and skill, but a well used Breakthrough Skill can be very disruptive.

Vanity's Emptiness will completely shut down an e-dragon player, unless they have a Blaster on hand. The powerful ability to lock out all Special Summons against a deck with very little in the way of normal summoned threats is powerful. The drawback of destroying itself when a card is sent from the owner's field or deck to the Graveyard can be negated with Macro Cosmos, which itself has use against e-dragons, and will even prevent the opponent from using Blaster to destroy either card. You will have to play Vanity's Emptiness before they control monsters however, as once they have them they will likely be able to make plays despite it.

As for a card not listed that handles e-dragons, I believe Deck Lockdown is a powerful option to use. Deck Lockdown will entirely prevent them from using the chibi dragons which really slows them down. It also prevents them from searching more monsters after using Gold Sarcophagus or banishing another dragon. Though it has the heavy drawback of destroying itself after 2 turns, this can be worked around by another card: Number 66: Master Key Beetle. Verz can already make this monster easily, and by using its effect to protect Deck Lockdown from effect destruction (including by its own effect) this will often force the opponent to waste resources on removing Beetle from the field, if they can even manage it. The earlier Deck Lockdown is played the better, as they will have less resources in their Graveyard and will likely be forced to banish monsters from the hand to special summon, which combined with their inability to search will badly hurt them.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer Left_bar_bleue84/84Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 4:57 pm

By far the best answer so far. Excellent job Claire. Smile OD Awarded.
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:01 pm

i think everyone should be given a grade on theres
a+
a
a-
b+
b
b-
c+
c
c-
d+
d
d-
f
as well as why they got that grade.
mainly because on the guide it says you must also have at least a b- on the latest lesson.
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:44 pm

Fair enough. I had forgotten I wanted to implement an actual grading scale at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer   Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer Empty

Back to top Go down

Class Lesson #2 : How to Face the Meta : E-Dragons, Solved By : Clairedestroyer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1