Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Meta

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Twiddget

Lucian

The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

So I've noticed that people in ODA have a general dislike for meta decks (Spellbooks and E-drags.) If these decks are used for any sort of duel, people get cranky and focus only on the point that their opponent was using meta if they lose. This makes the game not only less fun for the person upset because they had to duel a meta deck, but also for the user of the meta deck because his/her opponent is being whiny. I think that banning these two meta decks would be a good idea because it not only gets rid of the complaining that can follow someone using a meta deck, but it will also allow a greater variety of decks to be played competitively in ODA. Just a suggestion to make ODA a better place.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Kyonaru

Zed

The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:30 pm

TheCoolest wrote:
Kyonaru wrote:
Gallows wrote:
E-Drags are bad and you should feel bad. It is just ridicolous how you can make the worst moves and still win with the deck because you just don't get punished for your plays.

It is sad to see that Yu-Gi-Oh! is going downhill this format. I hope the september banlist fixes it, somehow.
Good news for you, Sept banlist won't fix anything.

What do you mean?
I mean what I typed there. Let me rephrase it for you:
(SARCASM)Good news, Gallows!(END SARCASM) The September Banlist will not fix the current meta!
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Meta - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Meta - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Kyonaru wrote:
TheCoolest wrote:
Kyonaru wrote:
Gallows wrote:
E-Drags are bad and you should feel bad. It is just ridicolous how you can make the worst moves and still win with the deck because you just don't get punished for your plays.

It is sad to see that Yu-Gi-Oh! is going downhill this format. I hope the september banlist fixes it, somehow.
Good news for you, Sept banlist won't fix anything.

What do you mean?
I mean what I typed there. Let me rephrase it for you:
(SARCASM)Good news, Gallows!(END SARCASM) The September Banlist will not fix the current meta!

No i mean about the banlist like how is it not gonna help? also how do u know whats on it :/
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Meta - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100The Meta - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 4:47 am

Personally i dont give a crap about the meta i play what i want and do the best i can with it ...the only issue i have with a deck becoming meta is EVERYONE USING IT.....playing the same deck over and over is boring and when that deck is of unusually broken and strong cards making games typically one sided that does bore me
:this is why i typically play people i know and not randoms:
id rather lose with a deck i have fun with then win with a deck i really dont like ..

i dont like spellbooks i think they take to long to go in a circle of dullness

i dont like dragon rulers becasue i think they are over simplified and idiot proof

but banning these decks wont solve anything gotta just work with em and deal with it for the time being make yourself better and develop your own counters to them .....or you could just whine and complain untill the next banlist whatever works for ya
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
The Meta - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue84/84The Meta - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 5:35 am

MajinKev84 wrote:
Personally i dont give a crap about the meta i play what i want and do the best i can with it ...the only issue i have with a deck becoming meta is EVERYONE USING IT.....playing the same deck over and over is boring and when that deck is of unusually broken and strong cards making games typically one sided that does bore me
:this is why i typically play people i know and not randoms:
id rather lose with a deck i have fun with then win with a deck i really dont like ..

i dont like spellbooks i think they take to long to go in a circle of dullness

i dont like dragon rulers becasue i think they are over simplified and idiot proof

but banning these decks wont solve anything gotta just work with em and deal with it for the time being make yourself better and develop your own counters to them .....or you could just whine and complain untill the next banlist whatever works for ya

I love my Prophecy though! I get what you mean though, they do kind of just...lather rinse repeat a lot. I foresee Spellbook of Secrets being Limited honestly.

Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:18 am

possibly... the next list is going to be very interesting... along with secrets i could also see LADD being banned to help nerf dragons a bit since its unlikely they are going to touch the dragons or draco or big eye or judgment at all
Back to top Go down

Twiddget

Lucian

The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:56 am

dat meta knowledge right der (LADD is obsolete in edrags)
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Big Eye MIGHT be touched, not positive. LADD isn't exactly good enough to be ban worthy though. Especially considering LADD is useless vs Prophecy. (Reveal High Priestess enough times and he has no power left)
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 3:48 am

true its useless vs the high priestest effect but still works pretty well vs all of the other effects in the deck so im not sure how valid that argument is and being able to search and summon ladd and dacosac the same turn is pretty uber ly broken and even if u kill of ladd its secondary effect kicks in setting up another big dragon in its place
Back to top Go down

Twiddget

Lucian

The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 4:52 am

No one uses it anymore. Verz easily gets over it. Spellbooks easily get over it. Edrags often main 3 breakthrough skill which easily gets over it. In a competitive level non meta decks don't matter. It just isn't used. You can run it against non meta decks if you want to beat them even harder if you want.
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 5:24 am

I'm running prophecy now. Really hard to get a hang of. ^^;;;
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Twiddget wrote:
No one uses it anymore. Verz easily gets over it. Spellbooks easily get over it. Edrags often main 3 breakthrough skill which easily gets over it. In a competitive level non meta decks don't matter. It just isn't used. You can run it against non meta decks if you want to beat them even harder if you want.
I wouldn't say "no one" runs it. I still see it pop up every so often. It just isn't used as much. Its not a bad choice to Side I think. Kinda stops some of the lower tiered decks you may encounter.
Back to top Go down

DeathGodKyo

Leona

The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Twiddget wrote:

Here I am, arguing the negative again. It simply isn't true that non-Meta Decks don't matter against Tier 1 Decks. There are plenty of ways to stand up to Meta without using Meta. I build those kinds of Decks as a hobby, so I figure a serious player could manage it with some level of effort. Even competitively, non-Meta Decks can make their way to the top. I mean, come on. How do you think a lot of Decks became Meta in the first place? Remember Tele-DAD a few formats ago? That became Tier 1 because somebody was creative enough to come up with that engine, and then everybody started using it. The key to beating the Meta is to come up with powerful, original ideas. And then, hey? Maybe somebody who refused to use a Meta Deck will use an original Deck with unexpected power, and that will become the next Tier 1 Deck. This game leaves those options open; that's one of the great things about it, and one of the few ways to get a one-up on Konami.

To respond in-topic, though, yes, LaDD is easy to counter, and has declined in usage. Heck, even lower-tier options can stomp it since you can just Summon Honest, drain LaDD, and then get it back to do exactly whatever you were planning before minus the Normal Summon (which you probably don't need with Honest in your hand). Several other cards fall on this list, though I suppose Nottu is right about it being a decent Side option.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Meta - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Meta - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 2:28 am

.....*Ahem* Mer, sorry for being gone a week, but I'm on the side of: well... @_@ Not really a side, but I think it's important for people to run things other than meta... Like I run heraldics and chronomalies. Things that can win a lot of the time, but are still fun to play and effective too.

Then at the same time meta is good for let's say.. A more, "professional" environment where you'd almost want to gaurente a win.
Back to top Go down

Lord Death

Leona

The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 6:11 am

there really isnt much to say other than any deck can beat the meta with some help. i dont have much of a burning hatred of them as a few people i am friends with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Meta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Meta

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2