Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Meta

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Twiddget

Lucian

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: The Meta   The Meta EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:14 pm

So I've noticed that people in ODA have a general dislike for meta decks (Spellbooks and E-drags.) If these decks are used for any sort of duel, people get cranky and focus only on the point that their opponent was using meta if they lose. This makes the game not only less fun for the person upset because they had to duel a meta deck, but also for the user of the meta deck because his/her opponent is being whiny. I think that banning these two meta decks would be a good idea because it not only gets rid of the complaining that can follow someone using a meta deck, but it will also allow a greater variety of decks to be played competitively in ODA. Just a suggestion to make ODA a better place.
Back to top Go down

Maxxie

Leona

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:15 pm

Who are you and what did you do to Twiddy?
Back to top Go down

Twiddget

Lucian

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:16 pm

I went srs mode meng
Back to top Go down

DeathGodKyo

Leona

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:25 pm

The problem with this is, what happens to the players who DO enjoy using meta decks? This isn't really fair to them, and can lower the learning experiences of a lot of people who need to see the Meta Decks so they can develop counters against them
Back to top Go down

Twiddget

Lucian

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:43 pm

The way to counter these meta decks is to use meta or verz yourself, which just encourages more people to use meta. And I suggested this because it seems the vast majority of people on ODA do not like using or dueling against meta, or at least that is my observation. Rules do not always have to benefit everyone, as long as the overall benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

Last edited by Twiddget on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Twiddget wrote:
The way to counter these meta decks is to use meta or verz yourself, which just encourages more people to use meta. And I suggested this because it seems the vast majority of people on ODA do not like using or dueling against meta, or at least that is my observation. Rules do not always have to benefit everyone, as long as the overall benefits outweigh the the drawbacks.
No you're not this smart.
Back to top Go down

Twiddget

Lucian

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:46 pm

stfu kyo go fornicate with logan
Back to top Go down

DeathGodKyo

Leona

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:18 pm

It simply baffles me how quickly you switch modes XD Anyway, I'll have to argue against that again on one level. While I agree that Meta and verz are common answers many people will come to and thus the Meta will be encouraged, there are several duelists (such as myself) who use the experiences from these Duels to build different decks in an attempt to compete with the Meta, which has varying levels of success but is generally a good growth experience. I'm not disregarding your idea entirely, and perhaps banning them at ODA-hosted events would be a good idea, but not allowing people to use them for anything ODA-related prevents both the user and their opponent from getting hands-on experience with Decks that, like it or not, are in high usage right now.
Back to top Go down

Twiddget

Lucian

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:37 pm

I meant just in ODA hosted event like tourneys and arena duels. Also anywhere out of ODA 75% of the decks you play against are meta. It's not hard to get hands on experience. It's pretty much impossible not to get it. ODA could possibly even be a refuge from dueling meta decks 3/4s of the time.
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:18 pm

Even though I agree with the idea, this does kinda make me a little on edge, because I play e-dragons because I want to be one of the best with them. I enjoy the deck, even if i happen to dominate because of those options, It is so skillfull when you play mirrors and decks made to counter the deck and still win. Its amazing when you have so many options and used it the best way. I still laugh when people play maxx C on the 1st sight of seeing an e-dragon, because I know when you are playing e-dragons always chain on the 2nd one. They have to commit to that Rank 7, and they are wasting card advantage unless they open double babies + a super rejuvination. Sure, I can play other decks like Evilswarm, which is really easy to use. All you have to do is moderate your plays. When i'm playing e-dragons there are still plenty I need to learn before I even master them, when i've been playing it a complete month.
Back to top Go down

Twiddget

Lucian

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:38 am

Although I understand your desire to get better with E-drags, playing them in ODA won't help you any. Few people in ODA use tier 1. E-drags are so strong that against non tier 1 decks, they take no skill and it will not help you improve. I've played edrags to a decent rating so I can say confidently that they take no skill against non-tier 1 decks. It is much more beneficial to practice edrags outside of ODA, against other meta decks. Also I'm not saying that there can't be some tournaments in ODA where meta is allowed.
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Meta Left_bar_bleue100/100The Meta Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:14 am

e drags and prophecys are already banned in testing and in tournaments it is up to the person hosting what decks to not allow.
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:06 pm

jammy wrote:
e drags and prophecys are already banned in testing and in tournaments it is up to the person hosting what decks to not allow.

I have no idea when that rule was randomly implemented, but I see everyone's point. We can have the meta banned, but ofc we might not even need this banned September.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:50 pm

Man this is a lot to read :/
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
The Meta Left_bar_bleue84/84The Meta Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 3:14 am

Are there two Twiddgets on here somehow? The polar opposition....

Anyway. While the meta decks may be an annoyance to those here who wish to play for more casual play, this is an academy and we do want to help guide the duelists of tomorrow. That does include facing and countering the meta and the most direct method is by dueling the decks of the meta.

Now I am not saying that we should just let everyone play whatever they want, gods no. I do, however, think that for Homework assignments or class projects that have the members face these dreaded decks, that they do it in a friendly manner and not worry about a deck "outright owning them."

Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 3:25 pm

E-Drags are bad and you should feel bad. It is just ridicolous how you can make the worst moves and still win with the deck because you just don't get punished for your plays.

It is sad to see that Yu-Gi-Oh! is going downhill this format. I hope the september banlist fixes it, somehow.
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 3:40 pm

Gallows wrote:
E-Drags are bad and you should feel bad. It is just ridicolous how you can make the worst moves and still win with the deck because you just don't get punished for your plays.

It is sad to see that Yu-Gi-Oh! is going downhill this format. I hope the september banlist fixes it, somehow.
Good news for you, Sept banlist won't fix anything.
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Gallows you sound silly. If e drags were impossible to beat they would taking all the top spots in tournaments. Tbh e dragons also brought good changes, not negative. Tempest dragunity now have a standing momentum and have the ability to otk. Not only this but it doesn't mean it's auto pilot and runs only off ravine. It has a larger skill base. Tidal in mermails, giving mermails a larger rank 7 play base, and even more explosive. Blaster lavals, have an instant pop of any card on the field and can be used for beaters while you have no plays. Redox is gadgets. How many more plays and options have opened up? The new infernity XYZ. That wouldn't have been made if people didn't have an urgency to try and beat the meta game in the 1st place. Squiddy in one tournament gave players hope. Bujin/War gods is possibly the worst matchup e dragons have. We really are lucky it hasn't hit TCG yet. They are already setting the bounds for a slower grinding format for September. Plays can't be punished? Lmao. Nearly 2 days ago I made a first turn play with a hand I thought was bad (2 tempest, 1 redox, 2 rejuvenation, 1 veiler)almost forgot that 1st effect of tempest. My opp went 1st summoned lightning, banished for REDMD, discard reactan for redox, and used REDMD. I veilered, and he ss for sack. My friend watching posted 3 dots as he saw this bad play. I went my turn and took his sack. Got rid of everything and set eclipse. Already I punished him for making a bad play. He d-holes next turn. His lack of good cards in his deck left him open. Front game one I already knew he didn't have any sort of protection. He also used Ladd. I went for all my moves and summoned angel 07 and took the game that easily. You say plays can't be punished? He wasted all his cards and I simply punished them. Also what do u mean its bad? If 80% of people are playing e dragons, where do you think most of the top players are? In the bulk of the 80%. What does that mean? Since everyone is playing the same deck you so hate, all the skill and being the best at said tournament will be with e dragons. It's just like tele-dad, or wen goat control was the only deck winning. Or when all you saw was plant synchro decks, making silly plusses everywhere. Punish? Oh in mirros the skilled player will find a way to punish. They always do.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:36 am

Redox in Madolches as well it seems.
Back to top Go down

Blazer Slater

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:22 am

I just play with a deck that I like and I find that's fun. I don't care if it's considered meta or not.
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 8:04 am

personally i dont think meta should even be considered.
if someone wants to run e dragons because they geninunely (sorry for spelling) like the archetype then they can but if there running it just because its meta and they dont even care much for it, then thats bad. for example, i was runnning wind-ups before they were meta. then when they became meta i still ran them but not because they were meta but because i really enjoyed them. I also did magi-shark before other people knew about it and everyone else was doing hand loop. so if your gonna run meta do it because you like the deck not because its meta. as well as try to include some originality don't just copy a ycs winning deck list.
even now even though wind-ups arent meta anymore i still use them every once in a while because i enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:00 pm

jammy wrote:
personally i dont think meta should even be considered.
if someone wants to run e dragons because they geninunely (sorry for spelling) like the archetype then they can but if there running it just because its meta and they dont even care much for it, then thats bad. for example, i was runnning wind-ups before they were meta. then when they became meta i still ran them but not because they were meta but because i really enjoyed them. I also did magi-shark before other people knew about it and everyone else was doing hand loop. so if your gonna run meta do it because you like the deck not because its meta. as well as try to include some originality don't just copy a ycs winning deck list.
even now even though wind-ups arent meta anymore i still use them every once in a while because i enjoy it.

That's similar to myself and Six Samurai. I ran them back when Strike of Neos was new and I still run them now. Just because a deck is considered meta, that does not make it auto-pilot or easy or whatever anyone wants to call it. A side note to all who say it btw: Meta decks do require a good level of skill to play properly. Just like any deck does Smile
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:02 pm

I'll be damned, the only skill YGO requires is the ability to think and use your hands.

The sad truth.
Back to top Go down

MADA MADA DANE

Leona

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:14 pm

kyonaru they also use fine motor functions such as picking up a card and holding it up properly so ur opponent cant see them
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:28 pm

Kyonaru wrote:
Gallows wrote:

Good news for you, Sept banlist won't fix anything.

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meta   The Meta Empty

Back to top Go down

The Meta

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next