Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TheBestInTheWorld Test Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

lever10

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
TheBestInTheWorld Test Results Left_bar_bleue100/100TheBestInTheWorld Test Results Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
TheBestInTheWorld Test Results Empty
PostSubject: TheBestInTheWorld Test Results   TheBestInTheWorld Test Results EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 3:42 am

Match Duel: Lightsworn Dragons (aka chaos dragons) vs. Heroes
Single Duel: Blue-Eyes White Dragon vs. Watts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match Results: 0/12 points

- Tester 2 vs. Testee 0

Match Deck Construction: 6/17

- Number of Cards: 0/3

- Consistency: 1/8
Most of what he did was setting cards as bluffs. There were some trap cards set of course but they didn't really harm me too much. He managed to get out Vision Hero Adoration once which bought him one or two turns to kill a monster a turn while i had 3 defending. He quickly lost his hand and from what i saw he lacked counters as well. He was normally stuck to one or two monsters to defend along with a few cards in the back either as bluffs or traps like mirror force and torrential tribute. He also did manage Shining with 2 banished monsters, but it didn't last until the end of the turn it was summoned due to me having ryko, but he also didn't have anything to support it if i attempted to banish it with chaos sorc (which i had in my hand), BLS, or destroy with any other card effects. The first thing I would suggest for increasing consistency is get it down to 40 cards. Then test it and make changes that seem fit as you go along. Maybe post it after you work on a bit for critiquing.

- Originality: 3/4
It was a hero deck. I don't see them TOO often. This deck did use vision hero adoration which was unusual and it seemed much more focused on banishing heroes.

- Side Deck: 2/2

Match Performance: 9/17 points

- Focus: 2/2
No click mistakes from him.

- Use of cards: 6/8
He couldn't do a whole heck of a lot. I had him on a pretty strong lockdown both games. However, when he bought himself two turns with vision I had lyla, Jain, and photon strike bounzer. He had about two cards in his back row which was stalling me as well as giving him a bit more intimidation towards me. However he did not kill lyla and it made it that much easier for me to get rid of his back row. I assumed at first he was wanting me to mill out, but i was still at 15 cards when he got vision out and jain was the first card he killed. he had an extra turn to kill Lyla so the best order would have been bounzer and then lyla in most cases. bounzer especially since he was at 600 LP.

- Siding: 1/7
He sided in Swords of Revealing Light , Evil Hero Malicious, Pot of Duality, Fusion Gate, and Hero Blast (one of each). His best side for meta decks or a high powered one like mine was swords of revealing light. Swords is not the best side for most decks and doesn't specifically help. Evil Hero Malicious i guess i understand because my lightsworn dragons send monsters out almost constantly, so it would be easier to summon malicious. Plus he needed more power for my deck. However 2600 really doesn't cut it.Pot of duality, fusion gate, hero blast, and malicious all seemed way too much like cards that would belong in either the main deck, or nowhere at all. You need more sides for the stronger decks that are in the game and to take out the cards that belong in either the main deck or not all and include cards counter chaos, swarming, and other forms of decks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Single Result: 0/5 points
I won

Single Deck Construction: 6/15 points

- Number of Cards: 2/3

- Consistency: 1/8
Most of his plays were bluffers and defense position monsters. He managed some damage because of a direct attack because it is watt after all. Also his hand was running thin as well as his field while i was getting stronger and stronger monsters. He has a point because he managed to stall or two turns with Remurs and he top decked a dark hole at the best time which i guess counts for something.

- Originality: 3/4
It seemed for the most part like a normal watt deck. I dont know whats too much about watts but i do see them on occasion.

Single Performance: 8/10 points

- Focus: 2/2
No click mistakes

- Use of cards: 6/8
He did what he could. He managed to stall me a bit by bluffing a bit with some back row and also got a defense up. However he had a hoard of level 1 and 2 monsters that i think he should have been able to Xyz summon into SOMETHING good. If you have none you should really get some.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rulings: 1/10
I managed to pull not milling with Jain. I had to interupt his turn about a minute in to let him know. I used plaguespreader's ability from the graveyard and i returned it to the graveyard. When i was about to get DAD i told him about it a few turns later because it became relevant whether it was in the grave or not. During the single when i sacrificed two monsters (my only two) for a blue-eyes he countered with solemn judgment and I managed to trick him by activating champion's vigilance. I had to explain how and why that vigilance missed its timing. In the quiz i gave him it included two questions he got wrong. The first one was a multiple choice question finding out if he knew that hand of six samurai's effect when effect veilered if he tributes himself. The second question he got wrong was an illegal chain question. He was supposed to spot all (if any) illegal moves and explain why they are illegal. The chain went as follows: Arcanite Magician > Bottomless Trap Hole > Dark Bribe > Royal Decree > MST (on Royal Decree). He didn't notice the more obvious bottomless trap hole illegal move because arcanite magician's ATK is too low. The second is he figured that royal decree was an illegal move but he thought it was because royal decree negates "other" trap cards. He was focused on the word other and I still personally dont understand what he was thinking. I brought up that it was wrong due to spell speed and he had no clue what it was. I give a point because he caught me trying to use lyla's effect too early.

Attitude: 2/2
No issues with attitude.

Deck Variety: 2/2
Heroes and Watts, two completely different decks.

Special Stipulation:

Total: 34/90

Welcome to Slifer Red

Last edited by lever10 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Copy and Pasted too much)
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
TheBestInTheWorld Test Results Left_bar_bleue84/84TheBestInTheWorld Test Results Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: TheBestInTheWorld Test Results   TheBestInTheWorld Test Results EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:36 am

A good effort and this academy is sure to polish you up on your skills and knowledge of the game. No shame in Red, I started there myself.
Back to top Go down

lever10

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
TheBestInTheWorld Test Results Left_bar_bleue100/100TheBestInTheWorld Test Results Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: TheBestInTheWorld Test Results   TheBestInTheWorld Test Results EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:38 am

Really Nottu? I have known you as a ra for a while and you skill represents the upper end of ra. It surprises me you were there at a point.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
TheBestInTheWorld Test Results Left_bar_bleue84/84TheBestInTheWorld Test Results Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: TheBestInTheWorld Test Results   TheBestInTheWorld Test Results EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:45 am

Yep. I started in the Red Dorm here. Earned my way into Ra upon a retest. In fairness, my first test was performed by SoraAngel0 and the rubric was different then.
Back to top Go down

lever10

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: TheBestInTheWorld Test Results   TheBestInTheWorld Test Results EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:49 am

oh yea i remember seeing the rubric from two times ago. It was crap XD
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: TheBestInTheWorld Test Results   TheBestInTheWorld Test Results EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 5:02 am

I don't know if it was necessarily bad, but I know Sora was supposedly a harsh grader on tests. I complained about his using OCG exclusives in the test actually.
Back to top Go down

lever10

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: TheBestInTheWorld Test Results   TheBestInTheWorld Test Results EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 5:12 am

why complain about it? People have done that all the time.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: TheBestInTheWorld Test Results   TheBestInTheWorld Test Results EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 5:16 am

I complained back then because I felt it wasn't fair is all. Technically there's no rule against it, but I feel that if a card is not yet released worldwide, that it should not be allowed to be used. Similarly to how TCG exclusives aren't allowed to be used in the OCG until they are printed there.
Back to top Go down

Mr.Alexio

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: TheBestInTheWorld Test Results   TheBestInTheWorld Test Results EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 5:26 am

i believe you should discuss this in chat, not a test thread.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: TheBestInTheWorld Test Results   TheBestInTheWorld Test Results EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Agree with reptar, but still, leave the topic open in case the testee wants to say something about his results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TheBestInTheWorld Test Results   TheBestInTheWorld Test Results Empty

Back to top Go down

TheBestInTheWorld Test Results

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1