Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Here's a suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

DracoKnight

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Draco
HP:
Here's a suggestion  Left_bar_bleue410/500Here's a suggestion  Empty_bar_bleue  (410/500)

Here's a suggestion  Empty
PostSubject: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Here's an idea: post a new lesson already. Thank you.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:
Here's a suggestion  Left_bar_bleue100/100Here's a suggestion  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 2:05 pm

I suggested that beforehand to Sylveraine, we don't have enough active members to be able to do weekly lessons, we our current task is to round up some more dedicated staff members who will then be able to post lessons, test people and host events.

I for one can test people and overly moderate the forum.
Back to top Go down

DracoKnight

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:
Here's a suggestion  Left_bar_bleue410/500Here's a suggestion  Empty_bar_bleue  (410/500)

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:05 pm

I'm free, I'll do lessons if I can get approval.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Here's a suggestion  Left_bar_bleue0/0Here's a suggestion  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 4:56 am

slifer1 wrote:
I'll do lessons if I can get approval.

Spoiler:

No.

Have you ever even dueled on Dueling Network before?
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Here's a suggestion  Left_bar_bleue84/84Here's a suggestion  Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 6:43 am

It doesn't really matter if someone has or hasn't used Dueling Network before. At least he's offering to help.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:
Here's a suggestion  Left_bar_bleue100/100Here's a suggestion  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 9:34 am

Fluff, stop posting spam, nonsense, and bs. slifer intends to help. That's more than you're doing. If you keep that up, I'm simply banning you for spam.

slifer, if you want to post lessons, I'll have to know what your skill is, first. If you really want to, then contact me over PM, I'll drag you through a test. Or something.

I can take Lessons up, myself, since I did it in the past, almost solo, anyway. But it will take effort and time, I'll have to see about if I can free some of both.

Ideas are what we need, though. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Here's a suggestion  Left_bar_bleue0/0Here's a suggestion  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 1:43 pm

C.C. wrote:
Fluff, stop posting spam, nonsense, and bs.
I honestly have too much shit on my bookmarks and I need to clear a few things so this would be highly appreciated
Back to top Go down

DracoKnight

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 1:51 pm

the problem with tests is that I don't use DN. I offer to do Lessons because I have an immense wealth of knowledge concerning various cards and want to share that knowledge. no other reason.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Not necessarily test as in, DN Duel Test. More of a ruling test, of the game, etc etc. It's not mandatory that you use DN, though it would be preferably.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 2:54 pm

I could try posting a lesson per week if you would want? You know my skill level and I have that link to SkullBlankas guide that I can just footnote from and change parts so it isn't plagiarism.

Like, we could start out with the basics, eg. how the game is played, then move into advanced stuff like chains, costs, summoning conditions, missing timing etc.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
Here's a suggestion  Left_bar_bleue84/84Here's a suggestion  Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Basic rules would be a great start imho. A lot of people seem to overlook the Dueling 101 stuff when they try to start playing.

(like people summoning in Defense and shiz)
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 8:49 pm

I'll keep it in mind when I go over the past lessons. Anyone willing to help out on Lessons is free to PM me.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Might write one up tonight after work. Be on the look out for one from me, C.C.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 7:00 pm

Ok so, this "lessons" thing was something I was supposed to be taking care of some time ago. So without coming up with some stupid excuse, yea, like much else it basically got abandoned. However' if you'd like I'm not saying necessarily, "Oh hey! Make me head of lessons again!" Not at all. But rather if you would like me to do a lesson to get it back up and running this week, I would at LEAST do that for you guys, and whatever happens after that point let it be so.

Yes, no?
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Anyone who wants to write one, feel free to send it up to me over PM, I can then look over it, give some pointers or w/e. At least keep the communication going on that.

Also, Vent. I understand you have your things to deal with, but to be frank, I've given up on your attempts. Nothing personal, but I'm not expecting it anymore. IT's the same as times before. For example with the Gfx. You'd help make some, but you bailed out on it eventually.

Again, it's nothing personal. You just have been dropping out at too many points where we needed you to, well. Not drop out. That said, though. Still are free to write a lesson if you feel like it.
Back to top Go down

Amaterasu

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:56 pm

To be fair, everything kinda got left behind, so its not Vents fault this time. There were suppose to be Arena updates, Lessons, new GFX. Everyone bailed so I can understand why Vent didn't do it. When Fluff Fluff's helping spree came to an end, I think everything else kinda stopped too. Potato / L (Not that I ever trusted him to stay) who organised everything left too. I mean, I was suppose to clear the old topics off the forum but since nothing else ever happened, I never got the chance to do it. And since the academy went dead / inactive, Vent couldn't have done lessons anyway. Everything was on hold. I'm not taking anyone's side but I am just stating what I think happened.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:20 am

Hero wrote:
To be fair, everything kinda got left behind, so its not Vents fault this time. There were suppose to be Arena updates, Lessons, new GFX. Everyone bailed so I can understand why Vent didn't do it. When Fluff Fluff's helping spree came to an end, I think everything else kinda stopped too. Potato / L (Not that I ever trusted him to stay) who organised everything left too. I mean, I was suppose to clear the old topics off the forum but since nothing else ever happened, I never got the chance to do it. And since the academy went dead / inactive, Vent couldn't have done lessons anyway. Everything was on hold. I'm not taking anyone's side but I am just stating what I think happened.

Fact of the matter is Neutral we still try to place blame.... We should just continue fixing the problem at hand Razz ....again.

All I have to say, All I think needs to be said.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:01 am

I won't argue with you on that Hero, not cuz I agree, but like TC stated, it's pointless. Like I said, everyone is free to send me Lessons, I'm going to make a new CotW now, too. So if you have ideas on lessons, feel free to send them up. Or make an article on your own.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:32 pm

Personally, I would like the write the first lesson, the basics, which will explain each type of card; monsters, spells, traps, I'll go into the game and why it was made, who owns it, how long its been around for, and some certain basic rules, hell, I'll even link a PDF of the rulebook.

Anyone who wishes to expand upon that and do their own type of lesson on the card types mentioned; e.g. going into the types of spells, continuous, quick, ritual and normal, above can feel free to do so, just shoot C.C. a PM first so the forum isn't spammed. Razz

Hopefully it is okay with everyone for me to upload the first lesson? I have all of tomorrow to do so.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Doesn't bother me. I scrapped my lesson I was writing anyway. Wan't very well written.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:58 pm

C.C. wrote:
I won't argue with you on that Hero, like TC stated, it's pointless.

Whoot! Wise Words from TC (The Compassionate)
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 2:11 am

Nottu wrote:
Doesn't bother me. I scrapped my lesson I was writing anyway. Wan't very well written.

I'll make a start on the first lesson then, thanks Nottu.
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 3:54 am

Ok, no hard feeling to anyone either, and no offense taken. I'm not denying the fault I seem to bare of bailing on my projects. Anyway, yea I'll just try and be active, and help when and where I can ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

DracoKnight

Leona

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:55 pm

wish I had gotten on this sooner. kinda wanted to do the lessons myself. meh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's a suggestion    Here's a suggestion  Empty

Back to top Go down

Here's a suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Miscellaneous Archive :: Off Topic-