Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 Empty
PostSubject: Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2   Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 10:34 am

«Ladies And Gentlemen!»

The Topic!

Pendulum Summoning! So I've still been seeing a few people around the academy who either done WANT to learn it, or are still having trouble learning it. Not only that, but it is literally the newest thing in the game currently and those members who will come in the future, and have never experienced it before(Returning players who haven't played in a while) may benefit from this lesson. If you feel you have a complete understanding of pendulum summoning already, well this lesson isn't for you. As always, there will be more lessons you might benefit from in the future, so don't waste your time reading something you not going to benefit from. Anyway, without future a due I bring you a detailed guide to pendulum summoning.
-
The Lesson!

Today's lesson is going to be short and sweet. I'm not actually sure if that's going to be a blessing or a curse for you guys, but I think you'd prolly say a blessing. Anyway, first of all please familiarize yourself with the following video.

Got it? That should basically show you what the new field is going to look like. I personally feel like most people who have trouble with pendulum summoning, lack any knowledge of what the field is actually going to LOOK like, and that seeing it really helps. So with that out of the way, let's see if I can explain this process in under 3 paragraphs. Prolly not, but oh well.

See the new "Red and Blue" zones, the ones that have pushed the field and graveyard up? Those are your "Pendulum Zones." So, first I'm going to go over the mechanics of pendulum summoning, then provide you an example. During your turn, so long as your pendulum zones are "Set"(Meaning that a pendulum card is currently setting some sort of number to that zone) you can "Pendulum Summon" once per turn. In other words, if someone torrentials the monster's you have pendulum summoned, you don't just get to re swarm the field. This is very important to note, as some people don't seem to realize the once per turn thing. You can however, summon as many monsters are you desire during your single pendulum summon. At max, that's 5, because you would only have 5 open monster spaces. The way you pendulum summon, is by placing a pendulum monster in either pendulum zone which sets the scale. The monster is then treated as a spell card. Once your scales, both of them, have been set, you may summon any monster whose level is between the scales you have set. The monsters you summon cannot be greater than, less than, or equal to either of your scales. Be careful you understand the meaning of "Between." You must also only summon monsters who are in your hand, or "Pendulum" cards in your extra deck. In case you may be wondering how you get a pendulum monster in your extra deck, they go there when they are destroyed, instead of going to the grave yard. So if you for example use MST on one of my pendulum cards in the pendulum zone, it will be destroyed, but it will go to my extra deck, even if I have 15 cards in my extra deck already, and I can summon that monster through pendulum summoning later.

Whew, ok so familiarize yourself with the following 2 cards.

Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 TimegazerMagician-ST14-JP-SR
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Timegazer_Magician

Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 StargazerMagician-ST14-JP-SR
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Stargazer_Magician

See the symbols that match the pendulum zones? Those symbols tell you what the scale will be set at if you play those cards. And in which zone. So in the case of these 2 cards, either zone you play them in will result in the same scale. Timegazer will always set the scale to 8 and stargazer will always set it to 1. So with these 2 monsters setting the pendulum scale, you would be able to summon monsters whose levels are 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. Notice, that means if your opponent destroyed one, and you replaced it, you could summon the destroyed card from your extra deck. So if you had done that, if your opponent had destroyed say your stargazer and you replaced him. You had an empty field, and 3 dark magicians in your hand. You could, once per turn; summon your destroyed stargazer, and both dark magicians from your extra deck and your hand. Convenient eh?

That's honestly pretty much all there is to pendulum summoning. If you can understand that, you've caught up with the game as it stands thus far. Be proud of yourself, and I really hope this clarifies the process to anyone who still had trouble. If not, I suggest you search some YouTube examples. With my explanation fresh in your mind it would most likely be really easy to understand.

Anyway hope you enjoyed the lesson. I was trying to be simple with this one, I'll do more complicated lessons, and more in depth overviews in the future. For now, leave questions/concerns/comments in the form a post! ^.^

The Hands On Experience!

Ouch, homework for this one may be a bit tricky. Seeing as how we are mostly a "Dueling Network" academy, and they don't have pendulum summoning yet I can't tell you to screen shot some pendulum duels. So I'm going to make this super easy just like the lesson itself.

TO participate in this weeks homework, which by the way is completely mandatory and you get no penalty from not doing it as per the new system, all you have to do is post something that ISN'T SPAM! Spam will be deleted immediately. That means if you decided to comment and start some random conversation here, or toss witty remarks back and forth. I'ma just delete yo posts foo'! What you can post, is something that is related to pendulum summoning OR the lesson. Which... is about pendulum summoning.

So share a video, comment further on some aspect you think I touched to briefly on, or talk about the usage of pendulum summoning in the current game or the future. Do this, and you've completed your homework.

Get with it guys. :PRemember. STAY! ON! TOPIC!

See You Later!

Eh, you know what I'm guna say here.

~ Ja Mata
Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2   Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 2:03 pm

when pendulums come out all the nubs on dn be like

anyways for an actual question to they get placed back on the extra when banished?
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2   Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 2:09 pm

" You had an empty field, and 3 dark magicians in your hand. You could, once per turn; summon your destroyed stargazer, and both dark magicians from your extra deck and your hand. Convenient eh?"

Erm, how is Dark Magician getting to the extra deck? It's not a pendulum monster so it'd go to grave normally. Also how does 3 become both?
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2   Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 2:21 pm

Sasukat wrote:
" You had an empty field, and 3 dark magicians in your hand. You could, once per turn; summon your destroyed stargazer, and both dark magicians from your extra deck and your hand. Convenient eh?"

Erm, how is Dark Magician getting to the extra deck? It's not a pendulum monster so it'd go to grave normally. Also how does 3 become both?

3 dark magicians plus 3 pendulums = zero s/t's which is what i really hope ppls start doing XD

dueling against no backrow is a format im looking forward too
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2   Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 3:13 pm

I have to post this only because it came to mind:

Great lesson though n_n
Back to top Go down

Ventriloquist

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2   Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 1:09 am

Sasukat wrote:

Seems you misunderstood me. The previously "destroyed stargazer" would be in your extra deck. The dark magicians of course, would be in your hand. And you can summon from both places at once. So no, I didn't mean to suggest dark magician would ever go to the extra deck. I merely meant to reference both stargazer, and dark magician in the same sentence. Hence, why I said extra deck and hand, and referenced those places in the same order I listed the two magicians. "Stargazer" "extra deck" "dark magician" "hand". Also, of course you can't re summon dark magician "once per turn" from your hand, without him actually BEING in your hand. Hope dat clears things up lol.

Ok now muh. To answer your question. No. They will not be sent to the extra deck when they are banished, and are capable of being removed from play just like anything else. However, pendulum cars DO completely miss the grave all together SO LONG AS THEY MEET THE CONDITIONS. Those conditions being destruction. When a pendulum card is destroyed, it goes to the extra deck. So if you banish it from the field, you got the job done. But if you destroy it first, I'm going to assume it would be a hit and miss situation. Might actually test that a bit to be for sure what can safely remove pendulum cards myself. Good question.

Back to top Go down
http://Chatango.com - Ventriloquist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2   Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lessons With Vent: Lesson 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: Miscellaneous Archive :: Off Topic-