Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Would you like this to be a monthly event?
Yes
The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series 2agw9kx_th71%The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series 9k7cr8_th
 71% [ 5 ]
No
The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series 2agw9kx_th0%The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series 9k7cr8_th
 0% [ 0 ]
Need more details before i can decide
The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series 2agw9kx_th29%The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series 9k7cr8_th
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage

Itachi Uchiha

Leona

The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Empty
PostSubject: The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series   The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 3:19 pm

So my idea that i have already sent to Celest and the head admin of NA is a YCS (Yu-Gi-Oh Championship Series) with a mix of members from VDA, ODA and NA. Its going to be a huge tournament, we will hold sign-ups on all 3 academy's open for around a week or so and once we have everyone we need (32-64-128 members) Then we will organize the bracket and start the tournament. I want to have a separate challonge account meant for just this so we can go back and look at the brackets when ever we want.

So me, the head admin of ODA and Celest would be the hosts of the YCS and we can organize everything that needs it and all you guys have to do is sign up and enjoy the big tournament will huge prizes at the end! you guys will love it and wont want to miss out if we start it. Can i get some feed back from the ODA side on this idea?

as far as i know, this is how the brackets would be set up

4-8 players = 3 rounds of swiss and the player cut off = None
9-16 players = 4 rounds of swiss and the player cut off = top 4
17-32 players = 5 rounds of swiss and the player cut off = top 4
33-64 players = 6 rounds of swiss and the player cut off = top 8
65-128 players = 7 rounds of swiss and the player cut off is top 8
129-256 players = 8 rounds of swiss and the player cut off is top 16
257-512 players = 9 rounds of swiss and the player cut off is top 16
513-1024 players = 10 rounds of swiss and the player cut off is top 32

after the cut off it will go to a single elimination tournament

I dont see us getting more then 128 players but we will see what happens.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:
The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Left_bar_bleue100/100The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series   The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 3:23 pm

I may be interested, this seems like it would go forever though, and I quite often don't have that much spare times on my hands.
Back to top Go down

Superion Maximus

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Superion
HP:
The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Left_bar_bleue1000/1000The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series   The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 3:30 pm

Why didnt you try this during the holidays when most people had time XD
Back to top Go down

AaronR

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Aaron Robertson
HP:
The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Left_bar_bleue100/100The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series   The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Monthly may be a little too much, perhaps every 2 or 3 months
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Left_bar_bleue0/0The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series   The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:13 pm

Yea I personally don't know about monthly. It's a good idea though. I really like it.
Back to top Go down

Itachi Uchiha

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series   The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:14 pm

its a fairly large tournament and it will take time to do but yeah maybe every 2-3 months would be better, also i chose to start this now because summer is coming up, most places are going to be much more active.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Left_bar_bleue0/0The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series   The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 pm

I'd give it like 2-3 weeks tbh. I know for me anyway that my semester ends in 3 weeks but that's not including high school kids that prob go another 2-3 weeks from where I'm done. Give it a bit before we organize it. If we wait till school lets out we'll get A LOT more people. I'm honestly pretty excited for it!
Back to top Go down

Phoenixofpain

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series   The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 3:21 am

I like the idea ( i actually thought of something similar before ). But i would wait until the summer since most people would be free during that time.
Back to top Go down

Itachi Uchiha

Leona

PostSubject: Re: The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series   The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 3:22 am

well thats why we're getting 3 different active academys to jump in. i mean i assume there will be a lot of byes but we can at least try now and try again later if it doesnt
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series   The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 3:28 am

It's worth a shot. I'd be all up for trying it. We got nothing to lose.
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series   The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:30 pm

Well, I am on holidays now, only got a week left of them though, so therefore it would most likely clash with my time table at school, I would love to join but I have been known to cause issues due to my location e.e Sorry guys, I will own you all another time. <3 *no homo*

Also I agree with how often this should be hosted, what about every 4 months? So that way its on 3 times a year??
Back to top Go down

MK.

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series   The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:59 pm

It should be 1 week per round. And when the tournament finishes start a next one.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series   The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 1:05 pm

I need more details, if you can P.M. me that would be great.

You should already know i'm interested in it Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series   The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Empty

Back to top Go down

The Big 3 Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Duel Academy :: General and Misc :: ODA Forum Archive :: Suggestions and ODA Support-