Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frog/Monarch thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Frog/Monarch thing Left_bar_bleue0/0Frog/Monarch thing Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 6:20 am

Yea I can't sleep so I'm posting this ._. Deck # 45,634 that I'm working on and input would be nice :3 Froggy Monarch thing or w/e you want to call it works pretty well but dunno if I'm missing something obvious that I should try out or...? Suggestions?

Frog/Monarch thing PAPllVn

Gorz: 1
Tragoedia: 2
Obelisk the tormentor: 1
Light and darkness dragon: 1
Vanity's fiend: 2
Caius the shadow monarch: 3
Raiza the storm monarch: 2
Mobius the frost monarch: 1
Dark dust spirit: 1
Swap frog: 3
Ronintoadin: 3
Dupe toad: 2
Treeborn frog: 2
Battle fader: 3
Maxx C: 1

Foolish burial: 1
Dark hole: 1
Pot of duality: 2
Soul exchange: 2
Creature swap: 1
Enemy controller: 3
Mystical space typhoon: 2

I don't know how super the ratio of monsters to spells are but majority of frog/monarchs I've dueled seem to focus a lot on dumping frogs to the grave with swap and thinning their deck of them to the point of drawing monsters they can tribute summon. What do you guys think? Any experts on the subject?
Back to top Go down

rakhalix

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Rakha
HP:
Frog/Monarch thing Left_bar_bleue100/100Frog/Monarch thing Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:02 am

Cool! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

DarkSoul

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Finn The Human
HP:
Frog/Monarch thing Left_bar_bleue100/100Frog/Monarch thing Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:28 am

I dont know shizzle about Frogarchs but from what I have played against, this looks like it would work well.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:18 pm

I think you are running way too many "techy" cards. Vanity's Ruler, Dark Dust Spirit, Obelisk and even Creature Swap. I'd choose one of the above and keep it, whilst replacing the rest. I'd definetly run a third Duality, a third MST and a third Treeborn, as well as cracking LADD up to 2 or even 3. Dupe is a card I cannot stand and at least in my opinion, is absolutly unecessary.

My Frognarch deck is this:

Monsters:
3x Caius
3x Raiza
1x Mobius
3x LADD
3x Treeborn
3x Swap
1x Ronin
1x Gorz
3x Fader
2x Veiler
2x Maxx

Spells:
3x E-Con
3x MST
3x Duality
3x Soul Exchange
2x Unearthing of the Monarchs
1x Foolish

Things like Dark Dust, Vanity's and Jino as well as Obelisk have a spot in my side deck as those cards can be very deck specific. Although, I did main Fiend instead of one LADD for a while.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 3:44 pm

I do see your point with the multiple tech cards now that I look at it. Probably against most decks I would say that Vanity would be my best option. I've been meaning to find room to throw in Veiler but wasn't sure what I could take out. Dupe Frog I thought was a good option for searching out swap but wasn't 100% sure of how effective it would be. Honestly it's only purpose in the deck is to be milled out by Swap or banished for Ronin. The 3rd Treeborn I could understand and honestly would swap out my last Dupe for it just in case my opponent tries to banish my frog supply. This is what the decks looking like now:

Frog/Monarch thing KErp0Pp
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:15 pm

3 Ronin might be heavy, as you really don't want to draw into it, when you have no real use for it. I only run one, simply because I can mill it with Swap and have it ready whenever I need it.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 6:50 pm

That's true. What do you think I should throw in to take Ronin's place?
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 2:43 pm

Maxx C is always nice to have, in the worst case you'll just get a 1 for 1 out of it, but deck thining is still nice.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:56 pm

I like never use maxx c in any of my decks so I'm a little off on the rulings. Can it be chained to the summon of a monster? Like if my opponent synchro summons stardust can I chain maxx c and get a card for it or do I have to discard it before the summon occurs?
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 5:04 pm

If a card effect is used to summon it, you can use maxx "C" in chain, ex:Monster reborn, polymerization, Tour Guide, etc. Basically anything Rai-oh can't negate you can chain to (non inherent summons)

If it is an inherent summon, or a synchro/xyz summon (Synchro summon, xyz, Cyber Dragon, BLS, etc), then it doesn't start a chain so you can't chain Maxx "C", you'd have to do it before the summon. So basically you can't chain it to the things Rai-oh can negate

Hope this helped

Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 5:28 pm

What Sasukat said.
Basically, whenever a summon-effect activates that starts a chain, you can chain Maxx "C" and get a draw. Not to mention that you can simply use Maxx "C" and nearly any point in the match, so if you can guess that your opponent is going for an XYZ summon you can simply drop the Maxx "C" and get the draw off, you just have to do it before he announces the summon. Example: Your opponent summons Constellar Pollux and uses his effect to summon Kaus. Then uses Kaus to raise both to level 5. At that point you can be absolutly sure that he will go for a Rank 5 summon, so you can simply drop the Maxx "C". This way, you'll either get a draw or your opponent will hesitate to make the XYZ summon and leave the monsters on the field. Of course, it is best to use it when you can expect to get 2 draws or more off.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 6:08 pm

That does help a bunch in understanding it. Thanks both of you. I'd say probably 2 would be best to run but I could be wrong. Was thinking either 3 of Maxx or Veiler but I don't want to overdo it. How does this look?

Frog/Monarch thing 0FLedQm
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 6:15 pm

I'm not a fan of Dark Dust Spirit, but if it works for you, keep it. Other than that, looks pretty damn good.
I'd shake the extra up a bit though. Crimson Blader and Scrap Dragon, as well as Formula Synchron and even Armory Arm are possibilities. Crimson/Stardust is accesible with one Monarch + Treeborn + Veiler or Monarch + Formuly Synchron. Formula Synchron is self-explanatory and Armory arm is accesible with Treeborn + Ronin + Veiler or simply Ronin + Formula. Obviously, you won't be making these too often, but I'd rather have more variety than 3 Gachi that I'll never need all 3 of.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:24 pm

Yea I never got around to taking out those Gachi after I took out my copies of Dupe and majority of my Ronin. Synchros would be rare but you're right; I'd rather have them than not. Dark Dust I think is just a proxy right now. It's a good card in the situations I've summoned him plus I can keep reusing it's effect every turn but it also leaves me open for an attack once hes gone. I'll have to work on what I'm going to substitute for him more. Aside from that, I think the deck is in pretty great shape as of now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Frog/Monarch thing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frog/Monarch thing   Frog/Monarch thing Empty

Back to top Go down

Frog/Monarch thing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1