Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Herald of Perfection chain ruling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
Name: Fluff
HP:
Herald of Perfection chain ruling Left_bar_bleue0/0Herald of Perfection chain ruling Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Herald of Perfection chain ruling Empty
PostSubject: Herald of Perfection chain ruling   Herald of Perfection chain ruling EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:49 pm

So thankfully this scenario has never happened to me yet because I honestly don't know what would result. Say I have Herald of Perfection on my field and set backup soldier. I also have no fairies in my hand to negate an effect that would destroy Herald, however, I do have 5 fairies in my graveyard: 3 mystical shine balls, 1 honest, and 1 manju of the ten thousand hands. Say my opponent decides they don't like Herald and activate dark hole. Would I be able to chain backup soldier, get 3 shine balls to my hand, and then activate Herald's effect after backup soldier resolves to negate the activation of dark hole? Basically what i'm asking is, can I chain within a chain if it's not fully resolved yet? (I hope i'm wording this right)
Back to top Go down

Sasukat

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Herald of Perfection chain ruling Left_bar_bleue100/100Herald of Perfection chain ruling Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Herald of Perfection chain ruling   Herald of Perfection chain ruling EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 4:03 pm

Nope, you wouldn't be able to. Once a chain starts resolving, you can't chain cards until it's finished resolving. As such, Soldier would resolve and add stuff, then Dark Hole would resolve and kill Herald
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:
Herald of Perfection chain ruling Left_bar_bleue100/100Herald of Perfection chain ruling Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Herald of Perfection chain ruling   Herald of Perfection chain ruling EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 4:03 pm

No, you can't. Several reasons.

1. Herald has to chain on Dark Hole. Which it can';t, since Back-Up chains on Dark Hole.

2. When Back-Up resolves, you're in the resolving of a chain. While resolving a chain, you cannot activate cards or effects, until that chain has succesfully resolves, unless it says differently o the card [usually by ""immediately in the card text]

Hope that helped. Might be advisable you read through Missing Timing again. This kinda is part of it. Missing Activation Window.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:
Herald of Perfection chain ruling Left_bar_bleue0/0Herald of Perfection chain ruling Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Herald of Perfection chain ruling   Herald of Perfection chain ruling EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 4:39 pm

Just another question that came to mind. If say I activate fiendish chain on Herald, then Herald attempts to negate it, can I chain Mist Valley Thunder Lord to Herald's effect to return fiendish chain back to my hand? (assuming Herald wouldn't just negate Mist Valley Thunder Lord's effect if its legal)
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Herald of Perfection chain ruling   Herald of Perfection chain ruling EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 5:49 pm

Yes, Thunder Lord can return Fiendish Chain. That is, if it wouldn't be negated.But it can chain on Herald, due to it being a SS2 Quick Effect.
Back to top Go down

Fluff Fluff

Zed

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Herald of Perfection chain ruling   Herald of Perfection chain ruling EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 5:51 pm

You guys are life savers :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herald of Perfection chain ruling   Herald of Perfection chain ruling Empty

Back to top Go down

Herald of Perfection chain ruling

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1