Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slifer Deck Building Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Evil

Leona

Slifer Deck Building Guide Empty
PostSubject: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:10 am

This is my first act to help make the Slifers better.

I have some extremely simple deck building advice here.

When building a deck one should start by thinking up one's win condition or the goal of the deck. For example a Quasar deck's win condition is to bring out Quasar. Pretty straightforward.

The next step is to add all cards necessary for your win condition to the deck. Now you add as many of the staples to your deck as you can fit. There are staples for almost the entire format, like monster reborn, and MST, (just examples, there are more) and there are staples for the type of deck you are using, like the zombie staple, Zombie Master.

Next is support. When you are adding support to your deck, you are adding cards that help pull off your win condition more easily. There is a huge variety of support for ANY type of deck. So in this stage you are adding any cards in your deck that will help you pull off your win condition. At this point the size of your deck is not important, so add whatever cards you think that you will need.

This is the point where you lower your deck to forty cards, or as close as you can get. The reason for this is you chances of drawing a certain card you need in a forty card deck is much higher than drawing that card in a sixty card deck. Continuing on this, and getting a bit off topic, this is a good time to add multiples of your best cards, as drawing a card you have three copies of is much more likely than drawing a card that you only have one copy of. Now, back on topic, you want to eliminate any cards in your deck that seem like they are too situational, or are not very useful now that you have seen all the cards you plan to include in the deck.
Remember not to stick too closely to this paragraph as certain decks are better off with more cards, however I am not getting into that now.

This paragraph, just like the one above, is not true in certain decks, however for most decks both of these paragraphs should be followed. This step is simple. In this step, edit your deck until your spell/trap card to monster card ratio is as close to 1:1 as possible.

This is normally where I would talk about side-deck building, however there are a huge amount of people who can explain this better than I, so I,ll leave it to the experts.

This final step should be repeated over and over until your deck isn't improving anymore, the it should be repeated some more. Seriously. This step is play testing. You must test how your deck runs, and pay close attention to any flaws you can find, write them down even. Then go back and edit your deck according to it's flaws. Repeat this step as many times as possible.

I am not the most skilled person at guides and there are likely many flaws to this. Post any questions here, so I can help clarify.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:18 am

maybe u should show them the basic deck building skillz before u show them how to win condition quasar is not win condition btw it's better u teach them flexibility before u show them trial and error with a one move deck

basic guide to deck building

under 43 cards for starters 40 is usually best
use an arctype preferably or any deck u like
make sure the deck u wanna build has alot of support
lots of testing and practice with the deck took me forever before my synchron deck got consistent
consistency make sure the deck has alot of combo moves and opportunities

In siding u add cards that can block your opponents moves after dueling for a while here u notice your opponents usually have a certain style when dueling like spamming alot of monsters maxx c is good for this either they stop special summoning or they will keep on going and u will get alot of draws off it

Mostly everyone relies on monster effects so effect vieler is good for negating those effects for cards that really on the monsters in grave d.d crow is good

One of the best cards so far in my opinion for siding is prohibition it can really be useful for decks that rely on specific cards to assure victory

I AM EMF LION IF ANY SLIFERS NEED HELP JSUT LOOK ME UP ON ODA OR DN WE WILL BECOME THE BEST DORM EVA SLIFERS FOR LIFE!

Last edited by EMF Lion on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:25 am

Quasar is a win condition. A win condition is the goal of the deck and the win condition of a Quasar is to summon Quasar. Just like the win condition of a Chaos Dragon is to swarm with chaos monsters. Any good deck has a win condition but it isn't LIMITED to that win condition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:31 am

say quasar deck one more time i dare u! btw the way u talk about it is like it's the only thing it can do every deck has it's champion but it doesn't always need it to win
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:36 am

Is that not what I just said? BTW your side explanation was good, but NOT your deck building explanation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:38 am

yea cuz yours was so great .... one does not simply tell slifers to only make win condition decks
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:40 am

:sigh: do you even know what a win condition is?
Back to top Go down

RobDev

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 pm

you people are dorks evilpath not everyone can understand what you mean by this and EMF buddy your deck building strategy is a little to vague evlipaths is slightly better although it sounds much more complex and slightly harder for some to understand an ordinary slifer wouldn't understand what evil means by adding support and you really should give a video intruction as long as you don't stammer it will make much more sence for people to see how you make a deck while you explain the why aloud though there are some who won't be able to process the audio learning because they are kinetic learners many visual learners will do well with evilpaths explination while audio once again video with audio which will help you explain things much better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:23 pm

sure the net decker is giving me advice....
Back to top Go down

RobDev

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:15 pm

nat i use nats naturia i also use zombie's madolche and rabbits lion and last i checked i won our last duel so back off
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 6:54 am

I thought I would go ahead and bump this now that we have lots of new Slifer dorm members. And RobDev, I will gladly make a video of this, but I don't have any software to record my screen. Is there a free software you could recommend?
Back to top Go down

Archon Dark Heart

Leona

Location : somewhere, riding on the back of valkoor the luck dragon

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:54 pm

i understood it very well, but then again i am not quite an ordinary slifer, as i have been playing for a bit less then ten years. then again i am not an ordinary anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silvermoondrow.blogspot.com

shino

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 8:53 pm

Same applies to me i geese for me this is preaty strate forward bean playing for over 10 years. Learning new play styles would probly help me more then a deck building guide.
Back to top Go down

Mr.Alexio

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Slifer Deck Building Guide Left_bar_bleue100/100Slifer Deck Building Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Ok i just read that and da fuq is with the fighting?? evil first thing someone should do when making a deck the ultimate goal isn't the win condition and you speak as if a deck without a win condition isn't good, thats untrue. the first goal of deck building is build a deck you can have fun with. Perhaps you should focus on the goal of fun as yugioh was origionally meant instead of what people have taken it to now where its either your the best or the worst and you have to win.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Mr.Alexio wrote:
Ok i just read that and da fuq is with the fighting?? evil first thing someone should do when making a deck the ultimate goal isn't the win condition and you speak as if a deck without a win condition isn't good, thats untrue. the first goal of deck building is build a deck you can have fun with. Perhaps you should focus on the goal of fun as yugioh was origionally meant instead of what people have taken it to now where its either your the best or the worst and you have to win.

... Do you even understand the point of this? I was to help duelists make a strong deck. There was no point in that post and you know it. And making the win condition... EVERY deck has a win condition, unless you just throw some random cards in there. A stun deck's win condition is to stop everything the opponant does and slowly attack at the life points. The win condition of an Evilswarm is to pull out powerful xyz monsters. It doesn't have to be something like getting a certain monster on the field, that was merely an example.
Back to top Go down

Mr.Alexio

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Slifer Deck Building Guide Left_bar_bleue100/100Slifer Deck Building Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:25 pm

strength isn't everything, i had a point for saying that and its so people don't get confused and think power is everything. a deck one enjoys should be picked over a strong deck that one doesn't any day.
Back to top Go down

Evil

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:38 pm

~Sigh~ Everyone knows strength isn't everything in a children's card game, it isn't like it's a life or death battle every time you draw your hand. However the point of a Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Academy is to become more skilled at the game. As part of the staff, you and I are obligated to help duelists improve in any way we can. This is one of my methods. Unless you have a question or suggestion/improvement on this, please do not post anymore.
Back to top Go down

Mr.Alexio

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:43 pm

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/993946b5b1ee2cbd9e969a68b2fd62de.jpg

I'm sorry what was that about a children's card game?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slifer Deck Building Guide   Slifer Deck Building Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Slifer Deck Building Guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1