Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! Left_bar_bleue100/100ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! Empty
PostSubject: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Oi, guys.
After seeing the "announcement" Pride made regarding the position of Ra Yellow Dorm Leader, there have been several people critically pointing out that he simply put himself in that position, without any backing from the actuall Ra students, and I fully agree with that criticism. C.C./Dartz and I have been talking about this matter and I came up with an idea that we could ultimately agree on.

We will have a competition to decide upon who will be the next Ra Leader. Everyone ranked Ra or higher is allowed to enter. For an entry you will have to prepare an "Extra Assigment", which is basically a bonus lesson with less emphasis on theory and more emphasis on praxis. You have one week, from now, meaning next Wendsday to prepare such an assigment and PM it to me. Thursday morning, I will then post ALL entrys at the same time oficially starting the competition.
The winner will he chosen by ODA's staff, BUT every member has a say in it, too. Once you read ALL entrys, you will be allowed to vote for the one you think was best in a poll, which will be greatly taken into consideration when making the final descision.

Good luck to everyone.
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 12:13 am

Well this sucks im not cool enough to do the assignment
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! Left_bar_bleue100/100ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:04 am

ok whats praxis?...and if we were interesed we have to PM you a sample lesson?and what benafits come from being a dorm leader  out of curiosity ?
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! Left_bar_bleue84/84ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:23 am

Unless Dorm Leaders are somehow now special, then what's the overall point of reviving the position of Dorm Leader when its proven before that the spot does nothing but put the responsibility of Lessons on regular members. (Saying this from experience)
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! Left_bar_bleue0/0ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 4:34 am

Nottu wrote:
Unless Dorm Leaders are somehow now special, then what's the overall point of reviving the position of Dorm Leader when its proven before that the spot does nothing but put the responsibility of Lessons on regular members. (Saying this from experience)
o.O  We'll still have the regular lessons, we'll just be having the leaders be making extra credit lessons for their specific dorm.  Plus the leaders can make extra tournaments or events for the dorms.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! Left_bar_bleue0/0ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 4:37 am

MajinKev84 wrote:
ok whats praxis?...and if we were interesed we have to PM you a sample lesson?and what benafits come from being a dorm leader  out of curiosity ?
It'll basically be almost a mini professor.  Or..  You stand for your dorm.  You're the image of it.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 4:38 am

I..  Am not going to be running for this.  I think it's important that everyone get's their own share of positions around here.  I think that we should consider making all non moderators and admins non-dorm leaders too.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! Left_bar_bleue84/84ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 5:51 am

Pride wrote:
Nottu wrote:
o.O  We'll still have the regular lessons, we'll just be having the leaders be making extra credit lessons for their specific dorm.  Plus the leaders can make extra tournaments or events for the dorms.
Seems pointless still. Why can't the regular staff just handle these things like they always have? If the tournament part is an issue, then we do sell Tournament Licenses in the Shop still.
Back to top Go down

Project Lead Scientist

Founder

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 9:44 am

Dorm Leaders are supposed to be the heads of their Dorm. Aka, if there's a Dorm War, they decide it. If there's an issue with a member in their Dorm, they can say, with consulting Admins, to kick them out of the dorm for say, inappropriate behavior, or such a thing. Basically, they run their Dorm, and in case of things that are a bit more severe, Admins are contacted.
Back to top Go down
https://projectduelforums.forumotion.com

The Doctor

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Jimmy Wheeler
HP:

PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Pride. An admin. And a triple post. On your every post there is a little sign called EDIT. It's used if you forgot to put something or made a mistake. Also, anyone can do this?
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 5:04 pm

So of each of the "benefits"

Dorm Leaders are supposed to be the heads of their Dorm.
-Which will cause envy and other issues just by adding more meaningless titles
Aka, if there's a Dorm War, they decide it.
- Or the members themselves if they actually wanna war, and let's be realistic here, badmins are the ones that decide.
If there's an issue with a member in their Dorm, they can say, with consulting Admins, to kick them out of the dorm for say, inappropriate behavior, or such a thing.
- Can someone please explain to me why someone would get kicked out of the dorm and not the site all together? There's also the issue of kicking slifers. + The whole admins have final say thing kinda makes it meaningless.
Basically, they run their Dorm, and in case of things that are a bit more severe, Admins are contacted.
-Basically, they're just a mule to make people feel like they have a say in things.

I'm not certain you guys will understand me, but don't ban me for disagreeing again :p I dislike the idea and (Not like this'll ever happen) you should ask the members about these things.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:00 pm

The Doctor wrote:
Pride. An admin. And a triple post. On your every post there is a little sign called EDIT. It's used if you forgot to put something or made a mistake. Also, anyone can do this?
I used multiple posts to tell people I was directing my message towards them..  I think each person should know that what they say is important...  -.-  Not to lump it all together...
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:05 am

Wrong Pride. Wrong. This way it looks chaotic and it bumps the topic every time. People would still understand if you put it in one single post, and if you want to quote multiple people you can do that in one post, too. If we are supposed to tell members not to make double or even triple posts, Admins should work as a role model, like in everything.
Back to top Go down

awsome35

Leona

PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:10 am

il be ra leader cuz im just too good!
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:32 am

awsome35 wrote:
il be ra leader cuz im just too good!
aws ur to good to be leader for ra!
Back to top Go down

awsome35

Leona

PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 2:37 am

k seems legit
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 3:32 am

Well basically at first the Dorm leader's job was to make lessons, but we just swapped it out for professors and gave them more things to do. Dorm leaders could be leaders and emphasize more or dorm wars, and give them activities and such. There isn't any real benefits as this is just a forum lol and there is only so much you can gain from it as a staff. And to make things fair, before Dorm Leaders was still basically useless, and when we had 3 dorm leaders most were inactive and didn't put in much work as a leader so it was basically nothing/ cut xD. Still not a bad idea to have a dorm leader I guess. It would be better if dorms meant more in this community.
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 4:58 am

Gallows wrote:
Wrong Pride. Wrong. This way it looks chaotic and it bumps the topic every time. People would still understand if you put it in one single post, and if you want to quote multiple people you can do that in one post, too. If we are supposed to tell members not to make double or even triple posts, Admins should work as a role model, like in everything.
If all the topics are posted at once, then bumping isn't a problem at all, but whatever.  You're right about the multiple quotes thing, so sorry everyone.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:57 pm

I find it funny how people complained when Pride named himself leader but then no one even bothers to apply for it, except for one single person.
Seriously, people. If you complain about something, try to fix it. Make it better. Just complaining won't take you anywhere, if you aren't willing to do something about it and actually give suggestions or participate yourself.

So, as for now, Dorm Leaders are abolished, and with it, any possibility of holding the planned Slifer vs. Ra Tournament and any future Dorm War. This might change in the future, should interest rise again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!   ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search! Empty

Back to top Go down

ODA's Ra Yellow Leader: The Search!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1