Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next formate tier list

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Next formate tier list Left_bar_bleue100/100Next formate tier list Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Next formate tier list Empty
PostSubject: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:58 pm

Since the September 2013 tcg list was announced a lot of people have been wondering what will be tier 1 or tier 2.

Well this is my opinion on what decks can be in that spot.

tier 1
mermails
fire fist
infernity
evilswarm
spellbooks?

tier 2
blackwings
bujin
hieratics
agents

this is opinion if you have anyother ideas of dicussions on this lsit feel free to write them down and voice your opinion
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Next formate tier list Left_bar_bleue0/0Next formate tier list Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 12:35 am

I think Dark Worlds will see a little more play..  Eh, Maybe it's just me..  Zombies might see some action too.  
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:21 am

You can't make a tier list until at least 3 YCS are played in the format. Tiers are based on what tops and what doesn't.
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Next formate tier list Left_bar_bleue100/100Next formate tier list Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:44 am

this is for speculations not a whole tier list
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:30 am

Tier 1:
Tidal Mermail (Mono/GAM)
Fire Fist (3-4 Axis)
Dragon Ruler (Plants, 7 Axis & Lightsworn Ruler)
Bujin (Kagutsuchi) Fire Fist/Fire King (TCG, November 2)
Tempest Dragunity

Tier 1.5:
Dark World
Infernity (XYZ Version)

Tier 2:
Chaos Agent/Some Agent Variants
Evilswarm
Constellar
Blackwing
Fire King
Redox Machina Gadgets
Inzektor
Wind-Up
Spellbook Variants
Nymph Plants (Crane Crane Plants)
TeleDAD (?)
Bujin (pre-Shadow Specters/Not focused on Kagutsuchi)
Worms (?)
Chaos Dragon/Chaos Variants
Karakuri (?)
ZW Utopia (?)
Infernity (Synchro Version/s)
Frog Monarch/Frog God (Obelisk/LaDD)
HERO Light Beat (?) (Stratos banned)
Gladiator Beasts
Hunders
Zombies (?)

As accurate as I can make it atm. Not sure if I forgot anything. As you can see you have a vast choice of decks this format, anything can beat anything because the game is significantly slower, so even Tier 2 decks should have no problem beating Tier 1/1.5 decks (by siding and playing accordingly, ofc). Question marks mean that I'm not sure about the placement of the deck.
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:36 am

list is pretty legit
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:37 am

I'm starting to really rethink the placement of Evilswarm on the list, since Verz is antimeta. The only reason I put it there is because of the Beetle/Safe Zone lock, which is another way to play the deck.
Back to top Go down

Black Feathers

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:41 am

I haven't tried beetle safe key is it good
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 8:32 pm

Kyonaru wrote:
Tier 1:
Tidal Mermail (Mono/GAM)
Fire Fist (3-4 Axis)
Dragon Ruler (Plants, 7 Axis & Lightsworn Ruler)
Bujin (Kagutsuchi) Fire Fist/Fire King (TCG, November 2)
Tempest Dragunity

Tier 1.5:
Dark World
Infernity (XYZ Version)

Tier 2:
Chaos Agent/Some Agent Variants
Evilswarm
Constellar
Blackwing
Fire King
Redox Machina Gadgets
Inzektor
Wind-Up
Spellbook Variants
Nymph Plants (Crane Crane Plants)
TeleDAD (?)
Bujin (pre-Shadow Specters/Not focused on Kagutsuchi)
Worms (?)
Chaos Dragon/Chaos Variants
Karakuri (?)
ZW Utopia (?)
Infernity (Synchro Version/s)
Frog Monarch/Frog God (Obelisk/LaDD)
HERO Light Beat (?) (Stratos banned)
Gladiator Beasts
Hunders
Zombies (?)

As accurate as I can make it atm. Not sure if I forgot anything. As you can see you have a vast choice of decks this format, anything can beat anything because the game is significantly slower, so even Tier 2 decks should have no problem beating Tier 1/1.5 decks (by siding and playing accordingly, ofc). Question marks mean that I'm not sure about the placement of the deck.
What does mermail have that destroy the rest of the decks to make them the top of tier 1? Why would DW be tier 1.5 when you can just get rid of your whole hand if its trap heavy and eliminated Dragged Down? 3/40. Then DW is already an inconcistent deck to begin with. D.D crow will be a strong side used and + all the S/T hate will wreck DW g 2 and 3. Automatically, people will have sides that can play around DW. D.D crow eliminate grapha as an option, what will they have sillva and gold? They aren't even that great in the maindeck to begin with tbh.and theres also the chance that people can sack those 1 card sides. If DW is tier 1.5, then people will just add on Shadow-Improsining cutting both Infernity AND DW, so yeah a good amount of sides even if Side deck is tight, that can be used for multiple decks. Again Tempest Dragunity can't be tier one because people will have multiple sides to play around it, if it was a popular deck and topping tournaments. You forgot about prophecy, which still has potential to be tier 1 on the list right now. I already tested Agents. The Trooper builds, and trapless builds don't have any real good matchups from the list of the tier 1. Herald wrecks, but that alone isn't enough. T.G agents have OTK potential, but a lot of it honestly deals with getting rid of your opponents back row, ASAP, as soon as you start your early play. Also, dropping Hyperion isn't enough anymore. Its less feared as a boss card. Dropping Hyperion used to mean you are most likely going to have game, and that whatever backrow or cards you had would be gone, and you would take game.
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 9:00 pm

Taisakuno Shouri wrote:
What does mermail have that destroy the rest of the decks to make them the top of tier 1? OTK potential, field-clearing cards, Rank 7 spam, synchro spam, constant 2600 ATK beater, drawpower, grave recycling, etc. Why would DW be tier 1.5 when you can just get rid of your whole hand if its trap heavy and eliminated Dragged Down? 3/40. Then DW is already an inconcistent deck to begin with. D.D crow will be a strong side used and + all the S/T hate will wreck DW g 2 and 3. Automatically, people will have sides that can play around DW. D.D crow eliminate grapha as an option, what will they have sillva and gold? They aren't even that great in the maindeck to begin with tbh.and theres also the chance that people can sack those 1 card sides. If DW is tier 1.5, then people will just add on Shadow-Improsining cutting both Infernity AND DW, so yeah a good amount of sides even if Side deck is tight, that can be used for multiple decks. So your argument is: DW and Infernity = bad cause side deck exists. Try again. Mermails were tier 1 for 2 formats and Soul Drain, Dimensional Fissure and Macro were at 3. Also Maxx "C"'s at 3. You know, a card called Mystical Space Typhoon exists, it's at 3 and it goes along with another card called Dust Tornado. Since when is D.D. Crow a big problem for DW? I didn't know Grapha was limited. Again Tempest Dragunity can't be tier one because people will have multiple sides to play around it, if it was a popular deck and topping tournaments. Same stupid argument as DW and Infernity. Smh Tempest Dragunity was big this format in OCG and topped a few times, you're just talking about stuff you know nothing about. They have a 2 card OTK and they can pull out Stardusts from their asses. And guess what? EVERYONE mained 3 Veiler and 3 Maxx "C" this format. Yeahhhh... You forgot about prophecy, which still has potential to be tier 1 on the list right now. They were Tier 2 before Judgment came along, they will still be tier 2 after it's gone. Nuff said. I already tested Agents. The Trooper builds, and trapless builds don't have any real good matchups from the list of the tier 1. Herald wrecks, but that alone isn't enough. T.G agents have OTK potential, but a lot of it honestly deals with getting rid of your opponents back row, ASAP, as soon as you start your early play. Also, dropping Hyperion isn't enough anymore. Its less feared as a boss card. Dropping Hyperion used to mean you are most likely going to have game, and that whatever backrow or cards you had would be gone, and you would take game. Again, Agents were Tier 2 before March, and will still be after March, especially since they got Earth at 3 now.
My replies are in red.

Overall, most of your arguments are: "X deck is bad because X card counters it."
My answer to your argument: look at E-Dragons. I can write you a book with all the cards that counter and lock them down completely, yet they're still tier 1 somehow.

As for D.D. Crow, DWs have been Tier 1.5 for a lot of time before March. Have you ever seen a single D.D. Crow sided back then?
The answer is no, and I don't think people will side it just because of 1/2 decks that can be beaten easily with other cards. Neutral

Anything else?
Back to top Go down

Taisakuno Shouri

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 9:41 pm

Kyonaru wrote:
Taisakuno Shouri wrote:
What does mermail have that destroy the rest of the decks to make them the top of tier 1? OTK potential, field-clearing cards, Rank 7 spam, synchro spam, constant 2600 ATK beater, drawpower, grave recycling, etc. Why would DW be tier 1.5 when you can just get rid of your whole hand if its trap heavy and eliminated Dragged Down? 3/40. Then DW is already an inconcistent deck to begin with. D.D crow will be a strong side used and + all the S/T hate will wreck DW g 2 and 3. Automatically, people will have sides that can play around DW. D.D crow eliminate grapha as an option, what will they have sillva and gold? They aren't even that great in the maindeck to begin with tbh.and theres also the chance that people can sack those 1 card sides. If DW is tier 1.5, then people will just add on Shadow-Improsining cutting both Infernity AND DW, so yeah a good amount of sides even if Side deck is tight, that can be used for multiple decks. So your argument is: DW and Infernity = bad cause side deck exists. Try again. Mermails were tier 1 for 2 formats and Soul Drain, Dimensional Fissure and Macro were at 3. Also Maxx "C"'s at 3. You know, a card called Mystical Space Typhoon exists, it's at 3 and it goes along with another card called Dust Tornado. Since when is D.D. Crow a big problem for DW? I didn't know Grapha was limited. Again Tempest Dragunity can't be tier one because people will have multiple sides to play around it, if it was a popular deck and topping tournaments. Same stupid argument as DW and Infernity. Smh Tempest Dragunity was big this format in OCG and topped a few times, you're just talking about stuff you know nothing about. They have a 2 card OTK and they can pull out Stardusts from their asses. And guess what? EVERYONE mained 3 Veiler and 3 Maxx "C" this format. Yeahhhh... You forgot about prophecy, which still has potential to be tier 1 on the list right now. They were Tier 2 before Judgment came along, they will still be tier 2 after it's gone. Nuff said. I already tested Agents. The Trooper builds, and trapless builds don't have any real good matchups from the list of the tier 1. Herald wrecks, but that alone isn't enough. T.G agents have OTK potential, but a lot of it honestly deals with getting rid of your opponents back row, ASAP, as soon as you start your early play. Also, dropping Hyperion isn't enough anymore. Its less feared as a boss card. Dropping Hyperion used to mean you are most likely going to have game, and that whatever backrow or cards you had would be gone, and you would take game. Again, Agents were Tier 2 before March, and will still be after March, especially since they got Earth at 3 now.
My replies are in red.

Overall, most of your arguments are: "X deck is bad because X card counters it."
My answer to your argument: look at E-Dragons. I can write you a book with all the cards that counter and lock them down completely, yet they're still tier 1 somehow.

As for D.D. Crow, DWs have been Tier 1.5 for a lot of time before March. Have you ever seen a single D.D. Crow sided back then?
The answer is no, and I don't think people will side it just because of 1/2 decks that can be beaten easily with other cards. Neutral

Anything else?
I didn't Say D.D Crow was going to be an answer for DW. I said the fact that people WILL Side cards that are for other decks IE Crow for Bujin, Chaos Dragons, Prophecy, Zombies as the list can keep going that's a viable side card that people will auto have at LEAST cards to side against DW without even having prep for them. Yes theres mst, dust tornado, but did you forget that people will ALSO be using those cards against you? When you are sitting here setting 5 as well, we'll be making judgment calls hitting your field, and making good reads. Dark Worlds were so good simply, because the fact that they would Thin the whole deck, get the OTK. Now with Card destruction gone, do you really think they will be pulling OTKS out of their ***? Don't even bring up E-dragons, because they have PLENTY of cards and options to get rid of side cards. If it wasn't the sided mst, it was the draco sack. If it was the monster on the field, it was the puppent plants, virus, tsukuyomi. It it was cards that will instantly won you the game against viably the only matchup to destroy you, it was the EEV in the side deck, not to mention that prophecy have nearly an almost unbeatable hand to the 1st turn E-dragon play with Sack + A tribute summoned blaster off the 2 tokens or Scrap Dragon if they didn't draw into that 1 or 2 Jowgen. Even then with Jowgen they still wouldn't have enough outs for it. The most nuttiest hand couldn't deal with that 1st turn play. Evilswarm lost to the dice roll, IE if they didn't even go 1st, they lost. E-dragons destroyed all the rest of the rogues. If you couldn't do any of that, then it was the scrap dragon in your extra deck. If you didn't have outs to that, there was Breakthrough Skill if you teched it. The list goes on. Tempest Dragunity topped a FEW times. They didn't top mad crazy like heck, BECAUSE the sides veiler, maxx c existed, other side cards will exist that will cut their options as well. And if anything they topped because they had a consistent opportunity to OTK, most of the time faster than E-dragons.
  Not to include that if you made mistakes, there was Blader. I didn't say Agents weren't Tier 2. The point is you put them at the TOP of tier 2. In which I brought up the discussion about why agents were a good deck to begin with. Agents were tier 2 in before March format, becauase it had a good match-up against Wind-ups because of hand Traps, trap heavy decks, Hyperion eliminating big threats, AND Kristya which basically won you the game when you dropped it. It had good matchups with a couple of other tier 1, but that's it. Agents are only viable based off of the tier 1 decks, and its ability to counter those. Options wise, I was saying its not at the top of tier 2, because Dropping Hyperion isn't a huge threat like it used to be. T.G. agents is about dropping the win as soon as you can, and unless you get rid of your opponent's backrow you usually don't get it. If you make a big field and don't get the otk, T.G Agents don't have very good defensive options, and something as easy such as Dark Hole will wipe your field. Tempest dragunity and Inferniy don't have much safe outs to the hand traps, except for debunk, AND Barrier if you had a set-up b4 making your unwinnable play. Infernity losses to sides, you can't deny that. If both decks can't set-up they lose. in maxx C's case I draw so many cards that even if you lock me down with infernity its not enough cards to opt out the many options I had for drawing so many cards...Why would I know nothing about Tempest Dragunity, when I've played them throughout the format, as well as Infernity XYZ version.
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 10:10 pm

Taisakuno Shouri wrote:
I didn't Say D.D Crow was going to be an answer for DW. I said the fact that people WILL Side cards that are for other decks IE Crow for Bujin, Chaos Dragons, Prophecy, Zombies as the list can keep going that's a viable side card that people will auto have at LEAST cards to side against DW without even having prep for them. D.D. Crow does almost nothing to Bujin, Chaos Dragons or Prophecy, and I don't think anyone will side it because of those decks, especially because there are WAY better cards to side. Zombies won't be big next format so I see no reason to side it for them. Any other decks? Yes theres mst, dust tornado, but did you forget that people will ALSO be using those cards against you? When you are sitting here setting 5 as well, we'll be making judgment calls hitting your field, and making good reads. Ok, so you MST my MST. Neutral Then what? You negate it with your MST? Idgi. You're gonna use MST against my backrow, which will most of the time be Forbidden Lance in most of the decks I mentioned above? What does that have to do with anything? lmao. You're acting like there were no other formats before March, which really bothers me. Either you forgot everything about what happened back then, or you're just running out of responses. There are outs to sided cards, also the chance of drawing them is another factor. If it was that easy, Mermails would've been tier 2, not tier 1. Also you're forgetting DW and Infernity have a side deck also. Neutral Dark Worlds were so good simply, because the fact that they would Thin the whole deck, get the OTK. Now with Card destruction gone, do you really think they will be pulling OTKS out of their ***? Yes. They lost 1 card. Mermails lost about 7 cards and still rape everything and anything they see. Card Destruction wasn't even necessary to win in DW, it just "assured" you the game. It being banned does nearly nothing to the deck. Don't even bring up E-dragons, because they have PLENTY of cards and options to get rid of side cards. If it wasn't the sided mst, it was the draco sack. If it was the monster on the field, it was the puppent plants, virus, tsukuyomi. It it was cards that will instantly won you the game against viably the only matchup to destroy you, it was the EEV in the side deck. If you couldn't do any of that, then it was the scrap dragon in your extra deck. If you didn't have outs to that, there was Breakthrough Skill if you teched it. The list goes on. You can use most of those cards in a lot of other decks. There are TONS of cards that completely lock down E-Dragons and I'm not even talking about Evilswarm decks. Tempest Dragunity topped a FEW times. They didn't top mad crazy like heck, BECAUSE the sides veiler, maxx c existed. And if anything they topped because they had a consistent opportunity to OTK, most of the time faster than E-dragons. Think about it: if they were topping in a format like THIS, with people that bring out cards that stop special summoning like bees in a beehive, what makes you think they won't top this format too? I mean, no one can bring out cards like those anymore, and Stardust wrecks most of the decks that run backrow (considering Solemn Judgment and Compulse are hit, those being the only true good outs to Stardust). Plus the fact that cards like Dracossack exist, are really easy to bring out (talking about this format ofc) and completely stop most OTKs are common like dirt just makes the deck worse this format. See where I'm getting?
  Not to include that if you made mistakes, there was Blader. I didn't say Agents weren't Tier 2. The point is you put them at the TOP of tier 2. In which I brought up the discussion about why agents were a good deck to begin with. Agents were tier 2 in before March format, becauase it had a good match-up against Wind-ups because of hand Traps, trap heavy decks, Hyperion eliminating big threats, AND Kristya which basically won you the game when you dropped it. It had good matchups with a couple of other tier 1, but that's it. Agents are only viable based off of the tier 1 decks, and its ability to counter those. Options wise, I was saying its not at the top of tier 2, because Dropping Hyperion isn't a huge threat like it used to be. T.G. agents is about dropping the win as soon as you can, and unless you get rid of your opponent's backrow you usually don't get it. If you make a big field and don't get the otk, T.G Agents don't have very good defensive options, and something as easy such as Dark Hole will wipe your field.
The list is in no particular order, other than the tiers. Tempest dragunity and Inferniy don't have much safe outs to the hand traps, except for debunk, AND Barrier if you had a set-up b4 making your unwinnable play. Infernity losses to sides, you can't deny that. If both decks can't set-up they lose. in maxx C's case I draw so many cards that even if you lock me down with infernity its not enough cards to opt out the many options I had for drawing so many cards... The problem with your logic is that the cards you will side are often 4-6, if not less. What are the odds of drawing said cards in a 40 card deck with some drawpower? Very low. If Infernity and Tempest Dragunity go 1st and you open NONE of those cards, you lose. EEV didn't stop Prophecy from being tier 1, did it? Again, your argument about X card countering X deck is bad, because it can be easily proven wrong by any long term player. Why would I know nothing about Tempest Dragunity, when I've played them throughout the format, as well as Infernity XYZ version. To me it looks like you know nothing about neither, because I've played both of them too (with Tempest Dragunity being 1 of my main decks that I use in wars), and can easily counter your arguments. Sure, both decks can be countered really easily, but the counters to said deck don't make the deck bad. If that logic was true no one would be playing E-Dragons this format.
Replied in red.
Back to top Go down

Potato

Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Tl;dr Side 3 debunks n ur good this format :3
Back to top Go down

Twio12

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:10 am

I agree with all of Kyonaru's Tier 1 predictions, except for I don't think 3-axis Fire Fist will see much play. Spirit to 1 hurts too much. I can see Dark World and Infernity being strong decks this format, it will be interesting to see if they can do better in games 2-3 now. Imo there are far too many decks on the Tier 2 list, but I get that a lot of them are hypothetical.
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Twio12 wrote:
I agree with all of Kyonaru's Tier 1 predictions, except for I don't think 3-axis Fire Fist will see much play. Spirit to 1 hurts too much. I can see Dark World and Infernity being strong decks this format, it will be interesting to see if they can do better in games 2-3 now. Imo there are far too many decks on the Tier 2 list, but I get that a lot of them are hypothetical.
Oh. Woops, I really didn't see spirit on the TCG list. I thought it was still Chicken. Not sure about 3-axis anymore then, but, again, they can easily recycle Spirit, so I dunno. We'll see I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:29 pm

T.G. could also be up in tiers cause striker is back up
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:56 am

ALL my testing with lavals vs the meta and pretty much everything they are defferently tier 2 if not higher  the only reason they do not top or show  yet  is becasue they are drastically underplayed  and anyone who thinks differently is a fool  they can also side deck into multiple cards that shut down the meta while barely slowing them down  i might be partial and biased but doesn't mean i am wrong somebody will top this format with lavals or i will eat my red nova
Back to top Go down

The Doctor

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Jimmy Wheeler
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Can someone explain what axis is?
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:06 pm

It's a term used to describe the level of the majority of the monsters used in the deck.
Back to top Go down

The Doctor

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Jimmy Wheeler
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Oh. Tnx Kyonaru.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next formate tier list   Next formate tier list Empty

Back to top Go down

Next formate tier list

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1