Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Number Hunters - Is it worth it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Number Hunters - Is it worth it? Left_bar_bleue0/0Number Hunters - Is it worth it? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Number Hunters - Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 8:59 am

Number Hunters - Is it worth it? NumberHunters-BoosterEN

Well some may or may not be wondering whether the newly released set IRL, "Number Hunter's" is worth all of this fuss or buying over.

I haven't physically gotten any packs yet, (I plan too), but I've seen several openings.

The Number Hunter's set is of 40 Super Rare cards and 20 Secret Rare cards.  Each pack contains 4 Supers, and 1 Secret.  

The main gimmick of this set being, that it contains SEVERAL new number cards, aaannddd....  You should buy it to expand your XYZ monster total.

This set also includes several new cards towards either new or old deck archetypes.  3 Older ones, Chronomaly (awesome), Heroic, and Butterspy, are all gaining new cards.

However, a much hyped archetype known as, "Gimmick Puppet" is also appearing in this set.  Getting a handful of cards in the past wasn't very good for them.  Especially being, that they're only previous cards are 2 of their 3 boss monsters.  However with this set, they'll not only be receiving their final boss monster, but 6 other monsters and spells to help out.  This is still lacking however because over in Japan they still have 3 cards that are rather important to the deck.  However my guess is... We'll be seeing these dark attribute monsters in the upcoming set, "Shadow Specters".

Anyway.  This set as said before has a lot of new XYZ monsters.  Over a third of the cards are XYZ monsters, (25)!  All good in their own way.  Some good for putting into decks, others, for selling.

Currently, the highest selling card is:  Number 74:  Master of Blades.  This isn't much of a surprise to me actually because it had gotten a lot of hype before the set's release.  This monster also being Rank 7, helps out a lot of current Meta decks.  

But let's get on to the set.  From what I've seen, you're bound to pull almost every single card from this set if you were to buy a booster box.

If you're looking to build a certain deck with some of these cards in it?  (AKA Gimmick Puppets)  Sadly, you're not going to pull all of the cards that you're going to want.  You'll probably pull at least one of each...  But not enough, you'll have to order 1 or more, more of the cards.

Anyway, that was sort of a review/overview of the set.  What did you guys think?  Have you pulled anything from the set?  What would you be looking forward to in this set?
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Number Hunters - Is it worth it? Left_bar_bleue100/100Number Hunters - Is it worth it? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Very nice Razz what some people forget though is that gimmick puppets most of the time can only summon gimmick puppets. They gotta make more after shadow specters comes out.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Number Hunters - Is it worth it? Left_bar_bleue100/100Number Hunters - Is it worth it? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 11:51 pm

People, if you really want to buy cards, do NOT buy this set. Even if you want the Chronomaly/Gimmick Puppet cards, buy them seperatly. Pack size is small, there are a lot of useless cards and you are bound to not get what you want out os single packs. Honestly, there are only 2 cards in the whole set that will see use, one beeing Master of Blades and the other is Crazy Box. Yes, Crazy Box. Go figure.
Back to top Go down

Droite

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Sorento
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:13 am

YES YES YES. Buy all of them!  As many as you can!  get them! All of them!

Photon Alexandra Queen and Night Butterfly Assassin!

Last edited by Droite on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:13 am

Gotta buy 'em all.
Back to top Go down

Droite

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Sorento
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:15 am

Gallows wrote:
Gotta buy 'em all.

ALL of them.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Number Hunters - Is it worth it? Left_bar_bleue84/84Number Hunters - Is it worth it? Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:27 am

I don't see much in the pack I like. I did see Chakra + Ritual in there and I want it for collection purposes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Phoenixofpain

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:54 am

I wouldn't personally buy the set but i would buy certain individual cards from the set.
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 1:28 am

The only pack that's worth it atm is Tachyon, because you might pull a Spellbook of Judgment or Dracossack. Other than that, buy single cards.
Back to top Go down

Gallows

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 1:50 am

Buy Crazy Box. Seriously. Best card in the set.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 3:59 am

Seriously? Crazy Box?
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 4:00 am

TheCoolest wrote:
Seriously? Crazy Box?
Let me make it easier for you to understand with 3 words:
Eradicator. Epidemic. Virus.
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 4:01 am

Ah yes, that is a nice trap
Back to top Go down

rakhalix

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Rakha
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 10:23 am

This set is awesome!.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Number Hunters - Is it worth it?   Number Hunters - Is it worth it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Number Hunters - Is it worth it?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1