Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Make Orichalcos Green Achievable

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Kyonaru

Zed

Make Orichalcos Green Achievable Empty
PostSubject: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 2:29 am

I was thinking of implementing a new testing system for (ONLY) Obelisk Blues who want to get in Orichalcos. The testing would be the same, but the tester would need to use a tier 1 deck and not judge originality of the testee (which would also need to use tier 1 in order to win).
I was thinking of the test for Orichalcos to cost around 1000 OD at the requirement of being Obelisk Blue, completing the last posted lesson successfully and getting the reward for it.
The requirements to pass the test should be:
Match won (2-0 or 2-1).
Appropriate Main, Side and Extra Deck.
4 HARD ruling questions answered.
Max Score earned in the test (80).

It's not meant to be insanely hard to earn, but it's meant to be very hard. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Make Orichalcos Green Achievable Left_bar_bleue84/84Make Orichalcos Green Achievable Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 2:38 am

A new test designed solely for blue dorm? I've heard stranger thingsĀ 
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 2:43 am

Still better than tourneys designed especially for Blue.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
Make Orichalcos Green Achievable Left_bar_bleue84/84Make Orichalcos Green Achievable Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:48 am

I'll look over your test idea and see what happens. Should be all right though
Back to top Go down

Zeno

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Make Orichalcos Green Achievable Left_bar_bleue100/100Make Orichalcos Green Achievable Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:09 am

Well, A few things about this seems bad.

EX 1: Tester's for this need to be mad good
EX 2: Didn't some yellow get to go into this?
EX 3: 2-1 seems really easy these people are obelisk after all
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:11 am

TheCoolest wrote:
Well, A few things about this seems bad.

EX 1: Tester's for this need to be mad good
EX 2: Didn't some yellow get to go into this?
EX 3: 2-1 seems really easy these people are obelisk after all
1: No they don't. Just the player. If the testee wins the match they have to answer the ruling questions and get their deck build judged.
2: Yellows can't skip a dorm.
3: Obelisk Blues are people, not gods. We can lose duels due to bad hands and sack, ESPECIALLY against tier 1 decks.
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:44 am

kyo ur a genius... idc what the requirements are im going to the top!
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:49 pm

We really do need a viable way for our students to get into Orichalcos Green. (On the note of skipping a dorm though, we almost had that back in the Ori Tourney). A specialized test for ObeliskĀ BluesĀ might just be the thing we need. Though, there would likely be extra requirements just to qualify for the test. Can't just score into Blue on a Dorm Test and then a week later go Green.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
Name: C.C.
HP:
Make Orichalcos Green Achievable Left_bar_bleue100/100Make Orichalcos Green Achievable Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:40 pm

I'd say, have it only for special achievements. Like, you have done something for the Academy itself, contributed in a special way helped members or staff in a special way, or you're simply one of the Academy's top duelists, and have been able to prove it in Orichalcos Tournaments.Ā 

Just, so to say, as a rank for those who are valuable assets to the Academy. If, you get what I mean off course.
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:44 pm

That's already how it works. But people in tourneys are too inactive so they never finish. Neutral
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Then you're adressing the wrong issue. There shouldn't come a new system, there should simply be more activity in the Tournaments. Which can be done, either by the Tournament Organizers, or the members themselves.
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:47 pm

The fact is, these tourneys never come, and if they do, they're inactive. Organizers can't do anything about it, and members simply don't even care from as far as I could tell. Why not make it achievable by testing? I mean ODA's been around for a long time and look at how many Orichalcos Green members we have. 0 is such a big number. Lol.

Also, @ Nottu: I believe those requirements are best. You can't get 1000 OD easily, except by completing lessons or winning tournaments. Am I right?
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:50 pm

Things haven't been going as smooth, that you can just say, oh, well, let's have a Tourney. We had a reset of ranks just behind us. I reckon, things ought to get back in the flow again.

Besides. If you put proper prizes on the Tournaments, then there should be enough availability. I mean take the coming Hunger Games. If we'd put Green Dorm as top prize for it, that would already be a way to solve it.
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:53 pm

The Hunger games isn't a tourney but a simple Roleplay.
We could have a tourney, and that I would enjoy. But as I said I doubt it will ever be finished even if the prizes were 1000 OD and a Dorm Rank up. We could try though. Ask Nottu.
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Already have. According to him, it wasn't gonna happen, I unno why anymore. But, seen this issue, I'm sure he'll be able to reconsider. I'll see what I can do about it.
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Instead of stretching the days for a tourney why not just have a live tourney..? Ā like every week until we see our top qualifiers to host an actual tourney for green
Back to top Go down

C.C.

Admin

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Then you'd practically switch Red with Green. You'd get a spam in that Dorm.
Back to top Go down

-Kira-

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:26 pm

lmao you got a point but then again obelisk arnt the only good duelist here.. i can name atleast 5 people who would qualify that arnt in obelisk o.O
Back to top Go down

LastHope

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:04 pm

I like it, except there should be more requirements. The Orichalcos Dorm isn't just supposed to be "oh yeah, they're just sorta the best of the Academy" it seems more like a "Wow, holy crap, it's a testament to the effectiveness of this Academy how amazing these students are!" Also, no offense, but the requirements you listed seem kind of custom-tailored to yourself. Which may not be a bad thing, as you're an amazing Duelist, but possible bias is still detected.

First off, the most basic one, more ruling questions. Regardless of their difficulty, you should theoretically be able to throw in all the hardest ones the staff can think of, and the potential Orichalcos Duelist should be able to match it with knowledge if they're ready for the dorm.

Broaden the gap: This is partially to get things back in the groove after the big forum wipe and system change, but let's say, just to make sure that our Orichalcos duelists are active and truly determined, they have to have posted sufficient answers to the past ten lessons, ignoring of course if they have a legitimate reason not to answer one and either tell the staff ahead of time or give a reason why they couldn't (i.e. there was a house fire, or something to that effect of urgency, so you wouldn't have had time to do something trivial like log onto a website and tell people "hey! I can't post a lesson answer this week because it's two in the morning, there's a fire starting in my kitchen and I might be about to lose everything I own"). This is something of just a test of time, since if you miss the most recent lesson(s) anyway, you're going to start Dorming down.

I think it DOES matter that the tester is a skilled duelist. I mean, sure, they don't have to be Green-ready themselves, but if they're, say, playing their Tier 1 Deck for the first time, or only know the popular combos and don't know the Deck inside and out, then even somebody who is only truly deserving of Obelisk and not Orichalcos could still end up winning.

Here's the last idea I had. Perhaps, as something of a safe-lock to keep only the best Duelists up there, they could take some sort of mandatory (though you don't have to pay for it) maintenance test every, I don't know, 1-3 months. Just to ensure that our top Duelists are staying sharp and still belong at the top of the top.

The last requirement, at least, I agree that you did well on, in that the student needs to max out the score on their test.

So that's just my two cents. Take it or leave it as you like.
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:12 am

You're basically saying people that have no life/gods should be in green.
Yeah, no.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:37 am

1. Yes, the top prize for the ODA: Hunger Games is a Dorm Promotion, not a "Straight-2-Green" promotion. (I.e. Slifer would go to Ra, Ra to Obby, Obby to Green)

B...no wait, 2. I have seen the test Kyonaru has proposed and think it is a good start.

3, or C. We will be doing Live CHat Box Tournaments (ODA Locals) every week. Just need to find out when during the week everyone is most active and around what time. (Please offer suggestions on this)
Back to top Go down

DaMadDawgRichKid

Leona

Character Sheet
Name: Rich
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:45 am

Well, Kyonaru, other than the increase in Rulings questions, LH didn't make anything harder. Just more time-consuming. And even then, it wasn't like "test em every day!" It was just confirmation that they stayed somewhat active. You fall out of a Dorm nowadays just for missing ONE lesson, so I don't see the issue.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:48 am

DaMadDawgRichKid wrote:
Well, Kyonaru, other than the increase in Rulings questions, LH didn't make anything harder. Just more time-consuming. And even then, it wasn't like "test em every day!" It was just confirmation that they stayed somewhat active. You fall out of a Dorm nowadays just for missing ONE lesson, so I don't see the issue.
For missing THREE Consecutive lessons. Kyonaru is an example for that. I had placed him in yellow for not doing the three we had, but since the Spellbook Lesson did not end until tonight, he posted and boom. Blue still.
Back to top Go down

LastHope

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 1:48 am

So keep the same lesson structure for Orichalcos Green, then. Otherwise, the "dawg" dog is right. I don't see which of my suggestions does anything but ensure our best Duelists are active to set an example for the Academy.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 2:52 am

Exactly. Green members do not necessarily have to try and ANSWER the lessons so much as try to assist with others who are answering, like a tutor would. This shows they're serious about keeping the rank at least. (I said the same about Obelisks who prefer not to answer the lessons)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make Orichalcos Green Achievable   Make Orichalcos Green Achievable Empty

Back to top Go down

Make Orichalcos Green Achievable

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1