Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Please Join or Login!
Project Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Academy concerning a project to improve duelists.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
Name: Herenyonen
HP:
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue84/84Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:00 am

First topic message reminder :

Good day ODA students. I hope you all enjoyed last week's lesson on "Facing the Meta: E-Dragons" because we're continuing that subject this week with "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks."

(Go figure Nottu is talking about the Spellbooks)

Let's start with a mini breakdown of the deck.

The main monsters used in the deck are the Prophecy monsters. Over the last several months, the deck has shifted several builds and dropped several cards. I'll go over each card used now.

1. High Priestess of Prophecy
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx6S0C8J2JS2uDbrHyCHDttBadg1KrNTs9YpZBZ-1xjDmkGdC7 
Every archetype worth its salt has a good boss monster. High Priestess is the boss of Prophecy and a fine one at that. What makes her so good is not just her power to destroy cards by banishing a "Spellbook" spell, but she can get around "Solemn Judgment" via her own Special Summon effect. How awesome, right? Just reveal 3 Spellbooks from your hand and she's out on the field. Not as commonly run in most Judgment Builds now, but still a valuable asset of a boss to run. I personally run 3 in my build, but most run 1-2 now.

2. Spellbook Magician of Prophecy
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSikubhfrdLUFJ0-1tTYyNkVS0IAye8jWsCcHCW0iNKfeNEu-PB
In a sense, this guy is like the "Elemental HERO Stratos" of Prophecy. Summon him or flip him face-up and you get a Spellbook spell to your hand. He's almost always seen on the first turn of a Prophecy/Spellbook player. You CAN Veiler him, but that doesn't necessarily help you. This guy is almost always run in three.

3. Justice of Prophecy
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2X_9J42n0eE2e15w5EzcWMOkSo1-eMD0sZO3-pXf9kS5MyajL
This little lady has seen much more play since "Spellbook of Judgment" was released. At the End Phase of your turn, if you played at least 1 Spellbook spell, you can banish her to add to your hand 1 Spellbook spell and 1 Level 5 or higher LIGHT or DARK Spellcaster (like High Priestess). Normally, you'll see her Special Summoned via Spellbook of Judgment during the End Phase so she can use her effect immediately.  Probably won't see her as much with Priestess being used less now.

4. Temperance of Prophecy
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSmBn5T3GY3I73Q8yDp91bo3E_-ciCAVa6Tr4iOjNHCLaexXtW
Not used as commonly now but still a fairly useful card. Generally, this card will be run in Spellbook variant decks or Budget builds that can't afford 3 Spellbook of Judgment. A fast means to get the High Priestess out, or even Reaper of Prophecy. If it IS Reaper, then they likely have filled up their Graveyard with 5 or so Spellbooks. Keep an eye on their Graveyard when the play Temperance. She CAN be Veilered and that can slow them down a turn.

5. Stoic of Prophecy
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Abyr-en021
Like Temperance, this card is not used as often but still crops up once in a while. This guy fetches the Level 3 Prophecy monsters like Justice, Fool and Temperance. Usually he is in the budget builds or even the Reaper builds.

6. Reaper of Prophecy
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Mqdefault
This guy has his own variant of the deck centered on him. He has 3 effects, all of which can be used at the same time, as long as they have the Spellbooks in the Graveyard. He boosts his ATK by 600, searches a new Spellbook, and can Special Summon another Level 5 or higher DARK Spellcaster, such as himself or Prophecy Destroyer (or Dark Magician Girl.) In the OCG builds, they'll sometimes get out Destroyer and overlay for Magi Magi * Magician Gal, but in the TCG we don't have that pleasure. Veiler is a good card to use on Reaper.

7. Prophecy Destroyer
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Redu-en081
Normally only seen in Reaper builds or variants like pure Prophecy. Just a beat stick that can revive himself.

8. Hermit of Prophecy
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcsC751UPLd_TdJGpAfV4B06u74cACibGv3lpKT0Qj-s8Q_ZPL
Rarely seen but usefull in Xyz focused builds.

9. Strength of Prophecy, Charioteer of Prophecy, Armores of Prophecy, Emperor of Prophecy, Wheel of Prophecy.
I can guarantee you won't see these cards in the competitive builds.

10. World of Prophecy
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 World%20of%20Prophecy
OCG only right now. This is the Judgment Dragon and Dark Magician of Chaos for Spellbooks. Will cover it another time when its relevant to the meta game.

Other Monsters commonly seen in Spellbooks

1. Jowgen the Spiritualist
A spellcaster that stops Special Summons. Can discard 1 card to destroy all Special Summoned monsters on the field. Perfect counter to Dragon Rulers.

2. Effect Veiler
Do I need to explain this guy?

3. Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
Another great answer to Dragon Rulers. They won't be able to banish for their effects. Also helps against Chaos decks.

4. Toon Gemini Elf
Confused? Don't be. "Spellbook of Judgment" works off os Spell Cards, not just Spellbooks, so many people started running 3 "Toon Table of Contents" and "Toon Gemini Elf" to get an easy 3 Spells off. Not only that, but Toon Gemini Elf is a decent beater who can make them lose their hand.

The Spellbooks

1. Spellbook of Secrets
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvCmgI-oom0xxhqv8PL8oQyNhqYpUshoIkp5GgVnBSqE-lFNco
THIS is the key spell in the whole engine. Judgment makes for broken plays? Secrets is the starting point. The ROTA of Spellbooks. If you stop this card dead, they will be hurting. Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell anyone?

2. Spellbook of the Master
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 41ZDlwLMqRL
Can't play 2 Secrets in a turn? I'll just copy it then! Spellbook of the Master aides in the long plays done by Spellbooks by copying the effect (not name) of any Normal Spellbook in the Graveyard. (Secrets, Power, Eternity are the normal targets)

3. Spellbook of Power
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4_9Ixt_dYyu1WKL7z17FQE4Qsy5Os9zjJt7vWYkVodZaR4lPg
Spellbooks have no problem getting around beaters. An extra 1000 ATK is nothing to laugh at, especially if they used Master as well for a whoping 2000 added ATK. Even the smallest monster, Stoic, goes up to 2300 ATK. Plus if the monster that was "Power"ed destroys a monster in battle, they search a new Spellbook.

4. The Grand Spellbook Tower
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 11552
The field Spell. Gives them an extra draw and recycles a Spellbook from their graveyard. Destroying it lets them Special Summon a Spellcaster too. If you plan to MST or Heavy, do so when their Grave is empty, if ever.

5. Spellbook of Fate
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 41pY1PiuZcL._SX204_CR22,55,150,150_
This utlity spell is so powerful these days. By banishing 1 to 3 Spellbooks from the graveyard, they can: Bounce a Set backrow, Set your monster, or Banish any card. This card also does not target, which makes it a real pain.

6. Spellbook of Eternity
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 11549
With Priestess and Fate banishing all those Spellbooks, you'd expect them to run out right? Nope. Eternity recycles them.

7. Spellbook of Life
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMiaXuuBcmr4ckTROqcoc4Lf1ubH_u8eBqVoBEXUCjjYwENsTN-g
The Premature Burial of Spellbooks. It also aides in Synchro/Xyz plays since the revived monster with have a level increase.

8. Spellbook of Wisdom
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJdkYMOAU5udMmV_k-O0EMOPIBDva1aaSzsyQDkVwdkFcbfPD7
A quick-play Spell that offers 1 Spellcaster immunity from Spells or Traps for the turn. Helps keep Priestess out on the field longer.

9. Spellbook Star Hall
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxTsbRrGe766fBLl03Am78ayNXfeTK5dJMsOd98SBJGpb95Y8vdA
More commonly used now with Judgment builds. It gains Spell Counters for every Spellbook played that grant 100 extra ATK for Spellcasters and it doesn't have the usual Spellbook restriction of "You can only play 1 -Spellbook- per turn." Meaning you can drop all three copies for an additional 3 counts for Judgment as well as gain some power boosts. Oh and it it gets destroyed, they add to their hand a Spellcaster whose level is the number of Counters it had or less.

10. Spellbook of Judgment
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdUOgWvrxLTYIOIljnK7V0E6ZAb6daWmGpGVesaauOBxYfkAJI
Here's the ace. When they play this, be ready for a massive amount of Spellbooks. They will literally empty thier hand this turn and refill it and then some. See, for every Spell Card played after Judgment, they get that number of Spellbooks added to their hand in the End Phase. (So if they played 4 Spell cards, they can get up to four Spellbooks.) They also get to Special Summon 1 Spellcaster whose level is up to the same as the amount of Spellbooks they added to hand. (They CAN go up to 7 Spells in a turn and drop a Priestess). This is one of the key cards to stop if you can.

So what are good ways to counter these might arcane users? Well anything that shuts down Spell Cards is a good option. Naturia Beast, Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8, even Curse of Darkness will punish them. The best thing to do is to stop them from getting their searches. Thunder King Rai Oh works wonders as can Deck Lockdown. If you have shield cards that will protect all you monsters (Infestation Pandemic) then keep them on reserve. You don't want Fate to screw you over.

SO now I want you guys to try to come up with ways to combat these Spellcasters. Aside from cards I mentioned, name a good way to counter Spellbooks. And, since I didn't cover it, I want you to try and tell me what deck you think is a good match up VS Spellbooks. Is it Evilswarms? Gravekeeper's? Maybe Elemental HERO? You decide and tell me what's a good match up to stop Spellbooks and explain why. Don't forget, you can also bounce ideas off of each other an discuss these things and STILL get credit for it! I award students who put forth effort.

I'm giving out 100 OD for the Counter answer and 200 OD for the Match Up.

Last edited by Pride The Arrogant on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a few things; Ty Maxxie)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:45 am

Konami will probably not surprise us and give us another bs list. It's typical.
To make a good format they need to hit certain decks in both TCG and OCG. Those decks include: Bujin, Spellbook, E-Dragons, Mermails, Fire Fist (3 and 4 axis), Verz, etc.
Most of these will NOT be hit. How do I know? Well...
Bujin - Not even out in TCG yet, and most of their support hasn't been released.
E-Dragons - Tins with each of the big ones are coming out. Maybe they will hit the Xyz or the Chibis. But I'm doubtful.
Mermails might go, not sure. They don't really need a hit as of now though.
Fire Fist is the same as Mermail. Some FF cards aren't even out in TCG Yet (Chicken).
Verz - Doesn't really need to be hit, but it might. Maybe Kerykeion?

So, yeah. If they hit all of those decks, they're gonna make one of the most balanced formats in the game (which will probably not happen).
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue84/84Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (84/84)

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:50 am

I can see Big Eye or Dragon-sack getting hit, but that's neither here nor there concerning Spellbooks. Razz
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:52 am

Considering you can Xyz for 7 in Spellbooks, how is it not relevant? I mean, it won't happen often, but with a bit of setup..
Back to top Go down

Pride

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:53 am

I think Big Eye will get hit...  But then they'll return it once the decks have died down the the level 7.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:55 am

They can overlay for Big Eye or Drago, but I rarely see that happen.
Back to top Go down

Kyonaru

Zed

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 2:14 am

Fact is they don't need an extra deck to win.

Anyway, back on topic, some cards that can easily counter Spellbook decks are:

Eradicator Epidemic Virus - The most common and obvious choice. Doesn't need explaining. You can side/main it in any deck that can pull out Rank 7 monsters or Level 8 Synchros easily, or any Dark Monster with more than 2500 ATK. The most common cards used for EEV are: Red Dragon Archfiend/Colossal Fighter, Big Eye, Ophion, Fusilier Dragon, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, and in OCG Master Key Beetle.

Imperial Iron Wall - Believe it or not the ability not to use Fate is essential for Prophecy, and if you have this out, they have absolutely no defenses against your moves.

Thunder King Rai-Oh - Absolutely kills the deck if they don't open with Kycoo/Justice + Power or Book of Moon. This card alone wins games if summoned turn 1.

Droll & Lock Bird - Makes them waste a Judgment, stops their moves completely for a turn, and doesn't allow them to set up defenses accordingly. It can be deadly early in the game.

Spell Canceller - What are Spellbooks? I've never seen a Spell Card. On all seriousness, only requiring 1 tribute (which should be easily achievable in this time and format, Dracossack eff, tribute 1 token, profit), this card doesn't allow any spell cards to be activated, and negates the effects of cards like Tower and Star Hall while it's face-up on the field. Basically an Imperial Order on legs (and that card's banned). It's only flaws are the low ATK and DEF values.

Anti-Spell Fragrance - Not the most optimal choice since it only slows them down for max 1-2 turns (if you pull it off 1st turn). They can easily banish it with Fate. Although this + Imperial Iron Wall equals game most of the time, if they don't open Priestess.

Curse of Darkness - Same as Anti-Spell fragrance. Not the most optimal choice since they will most likely just banish it with Fate if you don't draw it in the 1st turn.

I think that's all. Those are the most viable choices to side against Spellbook.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:02 am

Good work, as always Kyon.
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 5:20 am

-Kira- wrote:
When i think about countering prophecies the first deck i think of is.. Six Samurai. That is because the first thing people think about when they here sams is Shi-en the boss monster of there deck his effect is: Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your opponent activatesSpell/Trap Card: You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroyit. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy another face-up "Six Samurai" monster you control instead. This gives sames a huge advantage against opponents 1 shien can negate a Spell or Trap and 2 if it were to be destroyed it can destroy another six sam instead and lots of players usually forget about his second effect. Shien and Priestess both have 2500 ATK but shien has an advantage over it b/c if priestess tries to use its effect you can use shien effect or better yet activate magatama which is another great protector  of six samurais. But enough about shien lets move on to what the Whole deck can do if its played right. six sams r fast swarmers
they can xyz/shynchro easily and stun decks so they cant use spells, traps and monster effects like beast and barkion besides shi en summoning these two would make u have a huge advantage against spell books. Six samurai can also xyz/synchro big monsters over 2500 easily as well which would kill priestess. They also have cards like Gateway, enishi, zanji, kizan kagemusha kageki and shadow which make a huge difference in the deck with there effects especially Gateway if you have that on the field your win ( most of the time ) is guaranteed.
You got a good view going on Six Samurai, as did Blazer. You however did not mention a Counter Card. You explained the deck very well though.
Back to top Go down

Aang

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 3:20 pm

A new trap card was just recently revealed (not sure if its out in the OCG yet or when it is coming out, but I am 99% sure it ISN'T in the TCG)

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mistake. It's essentially a Thunder King in trap form that stops both players from adding cards from their deck to their hand except by drawing them. While it does affect both players, depending on what the matchup is it will generally only affect Spellbooks harshly.

Whilst this combat a lot of decks, it very efficiently combats Spellbooks as they rely quite heavily on adding cards from the deck to the hand. 

As for the deck matchup, I would have to say E-Dragons (Dragon Rulers) just because they are so broken and Spellbooks generally can't get anything out that will out-do them.. E-Dragons can always come back from a situation and that is why I feel they're best against Spellbooks (although both decks are terribly broken.)
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 4:37 pm

the card is MISTAKE and it comes out in shadow specter which is 2 sets away...other cards to help combat spellbooks imperial iron wall helps trip up a lot of spellbook plays makin them unable to remove for fate or priestest effect among others....droll and lock bird is popular to combat the judgment plusses...imperial order works great in traditional play, spell canceler is becoming a popular  tech in decks like monarch  .....good match ups  I would have to say gadets with their versatility ... hunder  with their easy access to shock master and starliege  thunder king and honest ...fast otks like karakuri, lavals to name a couple ...as well as decks that can main deck eradicator virus like dark world and evilswarm
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 8:06 pm

Good work Kev. Hunders and Karakuris are some very good examples of great match-ups, though it is a shame they are not played as widely.
Back to top Go down

Aang

Leona

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:42 am

>_> And my post isn't recognized even though Kev posted the same card as me. Despicable, Nottu. :'(
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:44 am

Hey now, I said before I miss posts sometimes. I've overlooked once or twice. I shall remedy this.
Back to top Go down

MajinKev84

Zed

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100/100Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 4:51 pm

just sayini dont really read other peoples posts i just read the topic and posted my ideas  we are bound to say similar cards since we are all trying to stop the same deck in its tracks ya know ...so hope ya dont think i was purposly trying to copy
Back to top Go down

Nottu

Lucian

Character Sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 5:17 pm

I think that's everyone now. Moving on to Lesson #4: Facing the Meta - Evilswarms!

Topic Locked
Back to top Go down

Sorah

Leona

Character Sheet
Name:
HP:
PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 3:20 pm

I believe Heroic Challengers could win.

Heroic Challenger - War Hammer
Photon Thrasher x2
Heroic Challenger - Double Lance x3
Heroic Challenger - Spartan x2
Goblindbergh x2
Heroic Challenger - Night Watchman
Kagetokage x2
Heroic Challenger - Extra Sword x3
Heroic Challenger - Swordshield x2
Blue Mountain Butterspy x3
Heroic Challenger - Clasp Sword
Heroic Challenger - Ambush Soldier x3
Reinforcement of the Army
Rank-Up-Magic Barian's Force x2
The Warrior Returning Alive x2
Mystical Space Typhoon
The A. Forces x2
Burden of the Mighty x2
Reinforce Truth x3
Fiendish Chain
Negate Attack

#extra
Number C69: Heraldry Chaos Crest
Number C39: Utopia Ray Victory
Number C101: Silent Honors Dark Knight
Number C39: Utopia Ray V
Number 69: Heraldry Crest
Vylon Disigma
Number 39: Utopia
Blade Armor Ninja
Photon Papilloperative
Number 50: Blackship of Corn
Number 101: Silent Honors Ark Knight
Heroic Champion - Excalibur
Zubaba General
Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
Slacker Magician

This is my own deck inspired by the will to be able to summon Xyz Monsters that require 3 material at once. Of course Rank up was the main aim.
This deck is capable of easily summoning any Xyz monster in the EX. Deck. Heraldry Crest's Rank up would be pretty Ideal as he has 4000 attack power and his native ability without Heraldry Crest as material makes other reluctant to attack with out destroying him. Most Spellbook decks don't run trap cards so defending against his attacks could be tricky unless you're able to summon priestess after her destruction. (Which is when I reccomend summoning him, to kill priestess).
Silent Honours is also a fantastic card in this deck. The Spellbook monsters you should worry about are often special summoned into the Attack position making Silent Honors very effective in stealing the monster as an overlay unit and surviving immediate aftermath.
Zubaba General could also be used to get over many of the opposition he may face with his sheer strength. Utopia Ray V and Victory would excel no matter what especially with the backing of The A. Forces.

On another note. Should you be using a single attribute deck, Gozen match would be Ideal as spellbooks have seriously varied attributes in their deck. Gozen match forces players to maintain only ONE attribute on their side of the field. Bujins would prosper from this card greatly, which would also be a fantastic deck to use against Spell Book but I didn't wanna mention a deck that's highly milked lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:34 pm

This lesson is WAY old Zero. Try not to Necro post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"   Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks" - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson #3 "Facing the Meta: Spellbooks"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4